Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. The Internet Member

Hillary is less of a science denialist than Trump. So voting for her instead of Trump is a way to fight science denialism.

You are still having a hard time understanding, "pick the least bad option."

A lot of people have brain injury and there is no shame in that. It is not a put down to wonder why you do not understand something most people get.
  2. The Internet Member

Trump said he'd be the first person to run for president and make money from the campaign. He does this by spending a lot on his own businesses, like his private jet, hotels, fund raisers catered by his people serving Trump steaks and Trump wine. He is allowed to mark up his charges to himself so that he earns a profit. Those campaign finance rules were made before we had billionaires with their own planes running for president.
  3. Mann Ace Member

Voting for a science denialist is a way to defeat science denialism. Got it. I'd wager that you've never taken a logic class.
    You don't understand that your opinion is not a fact. You are being insulting because you can't distinguish between a fact (Clinton and Trump are running for President) and an opinion (Clinton is the least bad candidate.)

sure TI, if that's what you think, go for it.

So, to recap, you want to vote for a science denialsts because you want to be on the winning side. This is what you consider a good strategy.

Carry on,
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Internet Member

Let's try coming at this, "pick the least bad thing" problem from another direction.

Hypothetical situation: a bad guy is holding you prisoner. He asks if you want him to shoot off your right knee cap or both your knee caps. You have learned that he is a man of his word and he prefers direct answers. So you have only two choices:
    1. lose your right knee cap
    2. lose both knee caps.

What is your choice?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Trump is at war with the media_
    Maybe he will have rolling credentials, like a rolling blackout.
  6. He knows he doesn't really want to be president of the USA

To much scrutiny. Heey where are his tax returns allready ?
  7. The Internet Member

8. Disambiguation Global Moderator

9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

"Make America Great Again. Get the hell out of the race."
    • Like Like x 1

10. u-mad-1.jpg
  11. Mann Ace Member

You really want to justify voting for a science denier, don't you?
    You also seem to have a hard time with English. I explained the issues clearly. You seem to want to ignore that.

You won't accept that your opinion is not a fact, so you keep insisting on the least bad option, even though you have no way of knowing who that might be.

You want people to vote for the (least bad, in your humble opinion) lying science denier. I am asking that they don't vote for liars, bad options and science deniers. That's because I respect my fellow Americans and think it would be stupid to vote for a liar to run the country.

Seems simple enough to me.

Just different strategies. Except I get to keep my integrity and self esteem, while you sell yours for a mess of pottage.

Carry on
  12. Trump used another Star of David meme for Clinton, previously used by David Duke. A Star of David on a dollar bill with Clinton's picture. Classy!
  13. Sekee Member

14. The Internet Member

I think it is important to keep Trump from winning because he reportedly owes a lot of money to Russian "investors" and he spreads Russian misinfo about Ukraine. If he is owned by Russia, we likely will get robbed like Ukraine got robbed when it had a Putin puppet as president.

After the robbing comes defaulting. In Ukraine that was followed by invasion.

I thought Russia would not start seizing bits of Europe again after the end of the Cold War. So the takeover of Crimea is a shock. Looks like we have a strangely greedy enemy again.

Probably the most valuable thing close to Russian borders is a deposit of copper and gold beneath a biologically important part of the Alaskan coastline. I believe it is the world's largest precious metals deposit. But it is so deep that removal would mean poisoning many miles of the Alaskan coast, a place where countless sea creatures build their next generations.

When I hear people agitating to give Federal lands to the states, I think of those copper and gold deposits. And I think of Putin, because I've seen apparent Putin trolls promoting anti US government memes while pretending to be US conservatives.

Clinton got donations from a lot of big business types and foreign governments. But donations do not need to be repaid. Trump has debt which does have to be repaid so he is more owned than Clinton.

Trump and Clinton are the only candidates who have a chance of winning right now. Since you won't vote for a liar I take it you won't vote for either one. Thus you aren't doing everything you can to block Trump.
  15. Look on the bright side. If Trump is elected he will immediately be arrested for treason because he's an agent of Russia.
  16. Mann Ace Member

If that is your concern you have every right to be worried, if true.

And I have every right to be concerned that Putin has the perfect set of blackmail tools in those SecState emails.

Sort of balancing worries, you might say. Makes for a poor choice no matter who we get.
    You have not convinced me that Trump is worse than Clinton, therefore I have no reason to block Trump.

You have not convinced me you can tell the difference between your opinion and a fact.

I am more troubled by Clinton than Trump. That is a fact. But we will never know which of us is right. There's no way to run the experiment.

Ain't life grand?
  17. Trump would throw nuclear misiles at a whim

18. Mann Ace Member

Oh dear. That would be bad. What if he threw a missile at a whim, and hit it?
  19. "Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief"

The developments in Ukraine underscore the risky nature of the international consulting that has been a staple of Mr. Manafort’s business since the 1980s, when he went to work for the Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos. Before joining Mr. Trump’s campaign this spring, Mr. Manafort’s most prominent recent client was Mr. Yanukovych, who — like Mr. Marcos — was deposed in a popular uprising."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html?_r=0
    "Mr. Manafort’s involvement with moneyed interests in Russia and Ukraine had previously come to light. But as American relationships there become a rising issue in the presidential campaign — from Mr. Trump’s favorable statements about Mr. Putin and his annexation of Crimea to the suspected Russian hacking of Democrats’ emails — an examination of Mr. Manafort’s activities offers new details of how he mixed politics and business out of public view and benefited from powerful interests now under scrutiny by the new government in Kiev."

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/06/48887...ned-the-republican-platform-on-aid-to-ukraine

"When Republican Party leaders drafted the platform prior to their convention in Cleveland last month, they had relatively little input from the campaign of then-presumptive nominee Donald Trump on most issues — except when it came to a future Republican administration's stance on Ukraine.

It started when platform committee member Diana Denman tried to insert language calling for the U.S. to provide lethal defensive weapons to the Ukrainian government, which is fighting a separatist insurrection backed by Russia. Denman says she had no idea she was "going into a fire fight," calling it "an interesting exchange, to say the least."

Denman is a long time GOP activist from Texas. When she presented her proposal during a platform subcommittee meeting last month, "two gentleman," whom Denman said were part of the Trump campaign, came over, looked at the language, and asked that it be set aside for further review."
  20. "Both Clinton and Trump were on the wrong end of the question: Do you agree or disagree? Donald Trump/Hillary Clinton would fight for people like me."
  21. “He is, as someone said, the hobo’s idea of a billionaire,” said Rick Wilson, a Florida political consultant who is now working for independent candidate Evan McMullin. “I’ve had donors say: ‘I’m a billionaire. Trump’s a clown with a credit card.’
  22. In your world that would be fabulous, like Trump thinks his hands are.
  23. John Oliver on Donald Trump's statement that Obama founded ISIS
    "Yes, Trump was given a chance to walk back the comments in an interview with conservative blowhard Hugh Hewitt but instead reiterated that he meant exactly what he said. “No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS,” said Trump. “I don’t care, he was the founder.”

“He’s so insistent! He’s like the guy drowning but waving off a lifeboat saying, ‘Get out of here, I’m very buoyant. I’m the most buoyant. Everybody talks about my buoyancy. I’m a tremendous floater,’” joked Oliver."

Here's the link for the video

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/jo...stic-isis-remarks-its-the-douchebags-apology/
  24. Mann Ace Member

whoosh
  25. How do we know that Trump is planning to intimidate voters? John Oliver is a mole.
    'https://www.google.com/amp/theslot....er-signing-up-to-1785293668/amp?client=safari'

'Oliver signed up to see what being an “election observer” involved. He was redirected to a donation page and received an email from the campaign saying “We are going to do everything we are legally allowed to do to stop Crooked Hillary from rigging this election.”

“Which is troubling, because I’m not sure Donald Trump knows what he’s legally allowed to do!” Oliver exclaimed. “His own attorney had to apologize for saying ‘you cannot rape your own spouse.’”
  26. DeathHamster Member

I don't suppose John Cleese has said anything about Trump?

27. The Wrong Guy Member

Watch Rudy Giuliani Forget About 9/11 | ThinkProgress

Quote:

Less than a week after saying Trump supporters would’ve “gone wild” had Donald Trump called for Hillary Clinton’s assassination, Trump surrogate Rudy Giuliani outdid himself.

While introducing Trump before a major national security speech Monday afternoon, Giuliani forgot about the most significant event during his tenure as mayor of New York City — the September 11 terrorist attacks that killed more than 2,600 people in that city alone.

While discussing Mike Pence’s work on the Patriot Act, Giuliani said, “By the way, under those eight years before Obama came along, we didn’t have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States. They all started when Clinton and Obama got into office.”

Continued here:
    https://thinkprogress.org/rudy-giuliani-forgets-about-september-11-ccc6dc923f45

"Never Forget" Rudy Giuliani Hates Obama So Much He Just Forgot 9/11 | Occupy Democrats

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/08/...liani-hates-obama-much-just-forgot-911-video/

The Appalling Last Act of Rudy Giuliani | The New Yorker

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-appalling-last-act-of-rudy-giuliani
    • Like Like x 2
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

29. DeathHamster Member

30. The Internet Member

Trump is a huge science denialist. Scientists who fact checked his statements about climate gave him a 1/100 points whereas Hillary got 90/100. Also Trump is an antivaxxer who thinks autism might be related to vaccines.

I haven't checked Trump's views on GMOs. But if he thinks GMOs are bad that would, for me, be more evidence that he is Putin's little bitch. Russia spreads a lot of anti-GMO propaganda.
  31. The Internet Member

He seems more like the "useful idiot" type.
  32. Mann Ace Member

All that may be true. I don't know. But it doesn't mean that Clinton is the better choice.

As I said before, we'll never know who is right, but my opinion is that Clinton would be a disaster, while Trump would be really bad. It's like giving Clinton a 99 on the "How bad are they?" test, while Trump would get a 95.

But you are willing to speculate about it.

Carry on
  33. The Internet Member

There were links in posts above about the climate science scores. The antivax stuff is not too hard to find; I can google something up if you want.

My point is, on climate science and vaccines, Trump is worse than Hillary. He's also worse when it comes to helping our European allies who want to resist Russian aggression. And he's worse on other stuff as well, like running a business without going bankrupt.
  34. Mann Ace Member

You keep offering me opinions as if they matter to me.

People who hate Trump fact checking him. That ought to be objective.

I think the climate alarmists are being anti science by politicizing the issue, so again, we have a fundamental disagreement on the facts. My opinion on the matter is quite different from yours.
    I appreciate that you have firmly held opinions, but your opinions on who is the worst on this or that issue are just your opinions. You won't accept that your opinions are not facts.
  35. The Internet Member

I give you facts and my opinions. The facts I give you hand wave away as mere opinions.

Anyone can fact check other people. If they do it right it doesn't matter what their bias is.

It is not alarmist to say that the climate is getting warmer and that human greenhouse gas production is the cause of this warming trend. Facts cannot be alarmist. Facts just are.