Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The Alt-Right Dictionary: 7 terms you need to know to understand Trump’s most hateful supporters
    https://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/th...to-understand-trumps-most-hateful-supporters/

"4. Pepe. Pepe the Frog was once the generic mascot of the anonymous message-board site 4chan, one of the internet hollows where the alt-right first congregated. The alt-right glommed on to it, creating all manner of memes depicting it, even in the uniform of an SS officer and most famously as the face of Donald Trump. Vice’s Roisin Kiebard explains it all"

"5. Rare Pepe. According to the Daily Beast’s indispensable Olivia Nuzzi, the term “rare Pepe” means “an ironic categorization for certain versions of the meme: Pepe, his eyes red and irises swastika-shaped, against a trippy rainbow backdrop.” The irony apparently stems from 4chan’s attempts to purge Pepe once the frog became an alt-right racist."
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
  2. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  3. xander meehan Member

4. xander meehan Member

I love that Lil Pie Cat.... just lil Pie Kitty Pie.....
  5. DeathHamster Member

Note: Cutting yourself doesn't let you play the Victim Card.
  6. Disambiguation Global Moderator

(Live by the sword, die by the sword)

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-fundraiser-hawes-227486#ixzz4IjvhJy9x
  7. xander meehan Member

That is so funny.... What a story... This thread has been outstanding. It doesn't matter if you are pro Trump. Anti Trump, Pro Hildebeast, Anti Hildebeast... What does matter is how many people poured in all of the information contained here...

My original reason for posting the article I posted was to evoke discussion... When it came out that someone claiming to be Anony... had mailed a letter containing some form of non descript powder I personally wrote Trump and stated that "NO ANONY" would ever mail a letter to them like this.

I still absolutely believe this to this very moment.

This is a pure demonstration that since "Anony" finally was getting traction in the Media at the beginning, that Anony would eventually be penetrated, and used in various disinformation campaigns, and would be publicly blamed for activities that Anony was never involved with.

In closing, I think this thread has been most excellent, and has brought out a tremendous amount of thought provoking information.

Outstanding....

Our Main Stream Media IMHO... is total Fail... it doesn't matter which side you are supporting... never did either

THAT is the complete basis of TRAUMA BASED MIND CONTROL This includes emotional Trauma. It causes a person to second guess themselves.
  8. His Dr Was sued for over-prescribing Valium and opiates
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...rmedicated-patients-who-died-in-his-care.html
    "Penning Donald Trump’s enthusiastic clean bill of health in five minutes may have been one of Dr. Harold Bornstein’s least consequential mistakes. In 2002, he paid $86,250 to the husband of former patient to settle a lawsuit alleging that Bornstein overmedicated his wife with powerful, unneeded prescriptions, which contributed to her addiction—and ultimately her death.
    The 2002 lawsuit is one of three malpractice claims brought against Trump’s long-time gastroenterologist since 1992, two of which allege the doctor improperly administered powerful drugs which led to the death of patients. Both of those cases were settled before jury trials, with no finding of liability against Dr. Bornstein."
  9. DeathHamster Member

10. Fraud looking for the easy dollar.
    Now here's something completely different
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...k-fbi-probe-trump-campaign-link-hacks-n640321

"The ranking members of the House committees on oversight and government reform, judiciary, foreign affairs, and homeland security sent a letter to FBI Director James Comey Tuesday asking for the investigation.

"Serious questions have been raised about overt and covert actions by Trump campaign officials on behalf of Russian interests," they wrote. "It is critical for the American public to know whether those actions may have directly caused or indirectly motivated attacks against Democratic institutions and our fundamental election process."
  11. "This past March at a Republican debate, Trump was talking about his business acumen. And he said that he is the midst of making about 120 foreign deals -- 120 foreign deals. That’s 120 potential conflicts of interest, 120 opportunities for business elsewhere or governments elsewhere to influence what he might do as president,” Kaine said."
    Questions are being raised about Trumps foreign debts and ties to foreign governments.
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

13. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Wait for it....

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/can-trump-be-this-stupid-not-a-trick-question

Can Trump Be This Stupid? (Not a Trick Question)
    "is apparently traveling to Mexico with Rudy Giuliani and Sen. Jeff Sessions as his minders. People with the political nimbleness and cultural awareness to manage and massage a good outcome? I should say not. They're also traveling on one or two days notice. It will show.

Remember that the central force of Trump's political brand is dominance politics. Trump commands, people obey. Trump strikes, victims suffer. It will be extremely difficult for him to manage anything like this in the Mexican capital. He comes with a weak hand, no leverage and the look of a loser. All Peña Nieto needs to say is no.

Again, when you're in a campaign under constant scrutiny you do your best to control every situation, reduce the risk of unpredictable, embarrassing or damaging events. You try not to cede control to others. You especially try not to cede near total control to someone who has every interest in the world in harming you. The maximal version of that 'big thing you're not supposed to do' is precisely what it looks like Trump is doing."
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Mexico president blasts Trump's policies as 'huge threat' after meeting | Reuters

Quote:

Mexico's president rebuked Donald Trump as a threat to his country just hours after painting a positive picture of talks the two held on Wednesday to try to defuse tensions over the U.S. presidential hopeful's anti-Mexican campaign rhetoric.

President Enrique Pena Nieto had on Wednesday afternoon hailed as "open and constructive" the impromptu meeting he held with Trump, who later referred to the Mexican leader as his friend and a "wonderful" president.

But in a late evening television interview, an angry-looking Pena Nieto sought to defend himself against a broad swathe of criticism for his decision to invite the Republican candidate despite his repeated verbal attacks on Mexico.

"His policy stances could represent a huge threat to Mexico, and I am not prepared to keep my arms crossed and do nothing," Pena Nieto said. "That risk, that threat, must be confronted. I told him that is not the way to build a mutually beneficial relationship for both nations."

Continued here:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-penanieto-idUSKCN1173HX

What few Hispanic supporters Trump had are now abandoning bigot after hateful immigration speech

By Adam Edelman, New York Daily News, September 1, 2016

Quote:

Adiós, Donald.

Hours after Donald Trump categorically ruled out softening his stance on immigration with one of his most incendiary speeches on the issues to date, what few Hispanic supporters he still had said Thursday they would abandon the racist GOP nominee.

During a loud and angry speech Wednesday night in Phoenix, Trump, following weeks of speculation he might moderate his tone and positions, renewed his vows to create a deportation force and block federal funding for so-called sanctuary cities that shelter immigrants, and beat his chest about the border wall he wants Mexico to pay for.

As a result, several members of the GOP nominee's National Hispanic Advisory Council, resigned, and blasted Trump for his offensive rhetoric.

Ramiro Pena, also a member of the council, called Trump's bid a "scam" and said the mogul "lost the election" Wednesday night.

"The 'National Hispanic Advisory Council' seems to be simply for optics and I do not have the time or energy for a scam," the Waco, Texas pastor said in a Thursday email to other council members obtained by Politico.

"I will pray over the next couple of days but it is difficult to (imagine) how I can continue to associate with the Trump campaign," he added. "I owe my national audience an explanation."

Alfonso Aguilar, the president of the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles, told the publication he was "disappointed" by Trump's speech Wednesday night.

"It's so disappointing because we feel like we took a chance, a very risky chance," he said. "We thought we were moving in the right direction," Aguilar added. "We're disappointed. We feel misled."

"Did you hear anything in that speech that was compassionate and humane? No," he added.

Jacob Monty, another member of the National Hispanic Advisory Council, wasted no time in distancing himself from Trump resigning from the group late Wednesday night.

"I was a strong supporter of Donald Trump when I believed he was going to address the immigration problem realistically and compassionately," Monty told Politico. "What I heard ... was not realistic and not compassionate."

Continued here:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...mp-angry-immigration-speech-article-1.2774150

On Immigration, Trump Chose His Base Over Electability | The Atlantic

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/trump-chooses-his-base-over-electability/498329/

Trump's Immigration Speech Pivots Directly Back Into Big Beautiful Wall | Gothamist

http://gothamist.com/2016/09/01/trump_immigration_fabulous.php

Top Latino Trump supporters revoke their endorsements following hardline immigration speech | Salon

https://www.salon.com/2016/09/01/to...ements-following-hardline-immigration-speech/
  15. Fire Island wants to
    Make Milania Lesbian Again

[IMG]
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

The infamous hacker who exposed Clinton's email server is going to prison for 4 years

By Paul Szoldra, Business Insider, September 1, 2016

Quote:

The infamous Romanian hacker known as "Guccifer" has been sentenced to 52 months in prison for a string of high-profile hacks he carried out against people including former Secretary of State Colin Powell to family and friends of former President George W. Bush.

He also exposed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, after he gained access to the email account of Sidney Blumenthal, a Clinton confidant.

The hacker, whose real name is Marcel Lehel Lazar, gained unauthorized access to personal email and social media accounts of roughly 100 Americans over a two-year period, according to the Department of Justice.

Many of those hacks led to the release of financial information, embarrassing correspondence, or personal photographs. For example, an email break-in of a Bush family member led to the release of artwork created by the president, and leaked emails between Secretary of State Colin Powell and a European Parliament member led Powell to deny an affair.

Lazar was extradited from Romania after being arrested in January 2014. He pleaded guilty to charges of accessing a protected computer without authorization and aggravated identity theft.

As The New York Times has noted, Lazar was not a computer expert. He operated on a cheap laptop and a cellphone, and used tools readily available on the web. Many of his "hacks" were the result of social engineering skill and months of guessing security questions until he got in.

"He was not really a hacker but just a smart guy who was very patient and persistent," Viorel Badea, the Romanian prosecutor who directed the case against him, told The Times.

He claimed in May that he accessed Clinton's private email server twice — a charge the Clinton campaign has denied and that has not been verified by the FBI, which investigated the use of the server — but found the contents "not interesting" at the time.

Source:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/hacker-guccifer-sentence-2016-9
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid’: Cult expert says Trump is like Rev. Jim Jones — but far more dangerous

By David Ferguson, Raw Story, September 1, 2016

Quote:

America’s foremost expert on cults says that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s followers are eerily similar to a group of brainwashed cult adherents and that Trump himself has many of the qualities associated with cult leaders like Scientology’s L. Ron Hubbard and Rev. Jim Jones — whose followers committed suicide en masse in Guyana.

In an essay for GQ magazine, Rebecca Nelson outlined on a point-by-point basis how — by the estimation of cult expert Rick Alan Ross — Trump is like a cult leader.

For Ross, the realization struck during Trump’s convention speech in Cleveland at the peak of the Republican National Convention. Trump told the audience that the world is a nightmare of danger and chaos and then positioned himself as the only antidote to world destruction.

Ross is the executive director of the Cult Education Institute and a lifelong Republican. However, as he listened to Trump say, “I alone can fix it” to the crowd gathered in Cleveland, something from his training as a “deprogrammer” of cult victims clicked into place.

“That kind of pronouncement is typical of many cult leaders, who say that ‘my way is the only way, I am the only one,’” Ross told Nelson. “That was a very defining moment.”

Nelson asked Ross straight out, “Is Trump a cult leader?”

Ross replied with a number of emails and voice messages mounting up similarities between Trump and notorious cult leaders like Jim Jones and David Koresh. Nelson dug deep into the material and arrived at a list of signs.

Sign I: His campaign is fueled by charisma.

Trump’s admirers, like Tania Vojvodic of Texas say that they admire the candidate’s image as a “handsome, smart, successful” business leader. Everything he touches, Vojvodic said, “turns to gold.” She said that his bestselling manifesto, The Art of the Deal, changed her life.

“I’ve lived by the Trump ideology since I was 15,” Vojvodic said. “That ideology has helped me to be successful in almost everything that I do. And I adore Mr. Trump.”

She is now a top coordinator for the campaign’s volunteer network and a Trump true believer.

Many Trump supporters share the same kind of pie-eyed admiration for the former reality TV star. His policies are immaterial to them. They’re drawn in by his attitude and his personal myth, much as devotees admire a cult leader.

“The single most salient feature of a cult is a person who has become, essentially, an object of worship,” explained Ross, the “defining element of the group.”

Sign II: He’s a raging narcissist.

“Cult leaders are most often narcissists,” said Ross. “They see themselves as the center of the known universe, and everyone revolves around them.”

On multiple occasions, Trump has taken to social media in the wake of terrible tragedies — the Pulse massacre in Orlando, the shooting death of NBA player Dwyane Wade’s cousin — to declare that the deaths only prove how smart he is. “VOTE TRUMP!” he declared in his tweet about Wade.

His co-author on The Art of the Deal gone on the record saying that Trump is shallow, unstable and obsessed only with things that have to do with himself, his brand and his personal greatness.

Trump is “a living black hole,” said Tony Schwartz. “It’s impossible to keep him focused on any topic, other than his own self-aggrandizement, for more than a few minutes.”

Former Raw Story executive editor and expert on Scientology Tony Ortega told GQ, “Scientology is a bully. If somebody speaks up against Scientology, Scientology will set private investigators on them to destroy them. It could be just a small person that decided not to take it anymore. And I think people see that in Trump.”

Sign III: What he says is always right. Even when it’s not.

Trump’s followers and surrogates have shown an astonishing capacity to shake off whatever previous facts they know about him and replace them with whatever today’s campaign spin portrays him as. Confronting them with facts and documentation makes no difference.

Ortega said, “You just can’t put that material in front of a true believer and it has any effect. And I think people are seeing the same thing with Trump. Trump creates this sort of field, this bubble, that the people inside of it are just incapable of seeing these things as those on the outside.”

Nelson wrote, “And though nearly 80 percent of the things he says are outright lies, he manages to pin the blame on the ‘dishonest’ and ‘biased’ media. Many of his followers, already distrustful of mainstream news outlets, accept whatever rationalization he provides, no matter how outlandish.”

In a concluding section of the essay titled Drinking the Orange Kool-Aid, Ross told Nelson that Trump is like a cult leader, but his impact — win or lose in November — could be much more destructive.

“We’re not talking about a compound with a thousand people,” Ross warned. “We’re talking about a nation with over 300 million people. So the consequences of Trumpism could affect us in a way Jim Jones never did.”

Source:
    https://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/dr...is-like-rev-jim-jones-but-far-more-dangerous/
  18. Trumps prep team has prepared answers for the interview questions that Trump will face in a black church
    "When asked about his vision for black Americans, the script suggests that Mr. Trump stay positive, advising that he use lines such as “If we are to make America great again, we must reduce, rather than highlight, issues of race in this country” and “I want to make race disappear as a factor in government and governance.”

Sounds legit
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

One secret of Trump's low-cost campaign: free labor | Reuters

Quote:

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has run an unusually cheap campaign in part by not paying at least 10 top staffers, consultants and advisers, some of whom are no longer with the campaign, according to a review of federal campaign finance filings.

Those who have so far not been paid, the filings show, include recently departed campaign manager Paul Manafort, California state director Tim Clark, communications director Michael Caputo and a pair of senior aides who left the campaign in June to immediately go to work for a Trump Super PAC.

The New York real estate magnate and his allies have touted his campaign's frugality, saying it is evidence of his management skills. His campaign's spending has totaled $89.5 million so far, about a third of what Democratic rival Hillary Clinton's campaign has spent.

But not compensating top people in a presidential campaign is a departure from campaign finance norms. Many of the positions involved might typically come with six-figure annual paychecks in other campaigns.

"It's unprecedented for a presidential campaign to rely so heavily on volunteers for top management positions," said Paul Ryan, an election lawyer with the campaign finance reform advocacy group Campaign Legal Center.

The Trump campaign said the Reuters' reporting was "sloppy at best" but declined to elaborate.

Continued here:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-staff-idUSKCN1181CV
  20. http://www.businessinsider.com/hill...ndation-irs-illegal-campaign-donations-2016-9
    "Donald Trump has been falsely attacking the charity run by President Clinton when it is Trump's own Foundation that has been caught in an actual pay-to-play scandal," Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton's communications director, said in a statement posted on the campaign's website.

According to The Post's report, the Trump Foundation's contribution was made in 2013, just as Bondi was looking into allegations of fraud brought against Trump University — the real-estate mogul's embattled entrepreneurship business — in Florida."
  21. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Taco truck trolling

Trumps Hispanic reverend mouthpiece said
    "Gutierrez, founder of Latinos for Trump, appeared on MSNBC on Thursday to warn America of the dangers of his own culture.

“My culture is a very dominant culture. It is imposing and it’s causing problems,” the Mexican-born Gutierrez said. “If you don’t do something about it, you’re going to have taco trucks"
    Arizona Democratic Party billboard
    fvqorsd9j7jx.jpg
    Responses

"Laugh now, but taco trucks are merely the gateway vehicle for chiimichanga vans.”
    https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/TacoTrucksOnEveryCorner?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw
  22. Disambiguation Global Moderator

23. The Wrong Guy Member

Victor Blackwell CNN ‏@VictorBlackwell 2 hours ago
    After blaming hackers, Photoshop and the media for falsehoods in his bio, Pastor Burns admits he lied about his past.

Pastor Mark Burns ‏@pastormarkburns 16 hours ago
    I'M SO THANKFUL FOR A GOD WHO LOOKS BEYOND OUR FAULTS AND MEETS OUR NEEDS..I LOVE YOU ALL..!

Donald Trump surrogate admits falsifying biographical claims | CNN

Quote:

A top Donald Trump surrogate admitted to falsifying some of his professional accomplishments after a contentious confrontation with CNN anchor Victor Blackwell.

South Carolina preacher Mark Burns, who regularly introduces Trump at his campaign events, had listed on his church's website that he had a Bachelor of Science degree and served six years in the Army Reserve.

Burns, however, was never in the Army Reserve. He was in the South Carolina National Guard, from which he was discharged in 2008, CNN found.

As far as a Bachelor's degree, North Greenville University told CNN he only attended the school for one semester. Burns admitted that he did not finish his degree when CNN asked him about it.

When CNN confronted Burns about the various professional and social exaggerations he had featured on his biography, Burns first said the page had "obviously" been either "manipulated or either hacked or added."

But the site host, Wix, said there was no evidence of a hack.

"This is not fair at all," Burns told Blackwell during the interview. "I thought we were doing a profile and all of a sudden you're here to try to destroy my character."

"I'm not here to destroy your character," Blackwell replied.

At one point, Burns told Blackwell he believed the interview was off the record, to which Blackwell responded, "I didn't agree to that."

Burns abruptly ended the interview by walking away.

CNN followed up with the Trump campaign and was provided with a statement from Burns:

"As a young man starting my church in Greenville, South Carolina, I overstated several details of my biography because I was worried I wouldn't be taken seriously as a new pastor. This was wrong, I wasn't truthful then and I have to take full responsibility for my actions," Burns' statement reads.

Burns said he did not know if he had been vetted by the Trump campaign.

Source, with video:
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/03/politics/mark-burns-donald-trump-interview/
  24. DeathHamster Member

Obviously not extreme-vetted.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Disambiguation Global Moderator

The neighborhood chants "no Trump" "go home Trump" "Go Trump"
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ters-chant-go-home-trump-as-he-leaves-detroit

He uses people as props and arm candy- Hispanic leaders, the President of Mexico, and now a black church and its pastor. This pastor is not the fool that Trunp has used as a mouthpiece, the lying guy with no college degree,no Army Reserve service, no black Fraternity membership etc.
    He offers access to his administration and flatters and WHY DO PEOPLE FALL FOR THIS? Just asking.
  26. Mann Ace Member

See Brexit. People are tired of being talked down to by their so called leaders. The Democratic and all too many GOP leaders talk about fly over country as if it were enemy territory. Bitter clingers and all that. You can't rule a country if you loathe half the citizens.

Trump is playing to the demographic that is tired of being constantly insulted by people who have no clue how most people live.

just my 2¢
  27. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  28. 751

Flyover people think Trump has a clue and admire him?
  29. Buddy Iowa Member

Can someone explain how the bleach works?
  30. Buddy Iowa Member

I have met Mr. Trump. He is not a elite by any stretch.
  31. 620

Despite that lady at the end saying "it doesn't work like that" what Trump says about Hillary using "chemical" bleach to destroy her emails must be true.........
  32. DeathHamster Member

It comes in tubes from trucks that they backup to the Internet.

33. Finally someone who understands.
  34. DeathHamster Member

Like Trump has a clue how most people live.
  35. 743

36. Sekee Member

37. Mann Ace Member

Politics is about perception, not reality.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/04/politics/obama-donald-trump-voters/index.html
    Another big problem is that Hillary is the only alternative.