Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. The Internet Member

Fuck.

I have figured out that nationalism aka anti-globalization is really anti-facts.

Facts are the same in every country. They are global. They unite everyone on the planet regardless of nationality, creed, color, language, or ideology.

Rich people have no power over facts. Poor people can reference facts and insist upon respect for them even from the rich and powerful.

People like Trump think rules are for other people, including rules of evidence. Trump gets a boner when he can break a rule other people have to follow. Scamming the IRS means he is smart. Grabbing pussies means he is a big celebrity. Shooting someone in downtown Manhattan without fear of punishment means his followers love him best. Ignoring ethical standards previous presidents have followed, like sharing tax returns and divesting of personal business concerns, means Trump is a more powerful leader. He can't have conflicts of interest because his personal interests are just as important as America's interests. We voted him into office so we had to know that, right? Only the lying media would insist Trump change who he is.

Trump can say what is true because he is intelligent and rich. He knows more than the generals. He knows more than the CIA. He knows more than climate scientists. He knows more than doctors. This is how the guy thinks. He has to outrage reason because he needs his boners on a regular basis.

Every boner Trump gets from breaking rules other people have to follow will make him more unhinged. So I recommend our congress critters hit him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper ASAP.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DeathHamster Member

There's no dispute on this planet.
  3. The Internet Member

I had the same feeling until I saw this today:

I see now that Trump has a way of parodying someone he views as weak and "groveling" that looks spastic. I guess the jerkiness and the "uhh..." represents anxiety and being at a loss for words.

Still it is fair to fault Trump for not recognizing how his stock gimpy parody would come across as mocking of the reporter's disability.

Seems like Trump went to "always attack; never defend" school when he was younger. He has no concept of how charity works in a debate.

When your case is strong you are supposed to be charitable to your opponent. You are supposed to represent your opponent's position as favorably as you can. Then you show where your opponent has got things wrong. Later, if your opponent shows he's doing "always attack" rather than charity, you can do "wtf is wrong with you?" But that should not be your first move.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

You are being too generous. He was mocking the guy, acting spastic was mocking the guy. we are seeing apology and acceptance- apologizing for speaking in protest against Trump "I guess we really should give the guy a chance" and softening his own words- like saying he wasn't directly mocking a guy becuz he didn't exactly mimic his movements. The NYC referring to populist ethno nationalism is the same, they are white power isolationists. White Power, Aryan Nationalism. It's outrageous, don't pretend it's ok.
    "
  5. DeathHamster Member

6. But please please be true
    [IMG]
  7. Donor gives $1K in Mike Pence's name to nonprofit helping LGBTQ youth
  8. The Internet Member

Did you see the video? It has other examples of Trump saying "uhh..." and moving his arms in a spastic way. He does it when he pretends he's Ted Cruz. When he's making the reporter look stupid he goes on longer but the gestures are very similar.
  9. DeathHamster Member

http://boingboing.net/2017/01/10/trump-responds-to-golden-sho.html
    trump.gif
    An unverified dossier, reportedly sourced to a former British Intelligence agent working with Russian operatives, claims that Trump paid to watch hookers urinate on a Moscow hotel bed. Shady and shapeless as the document is, the intelligence community reportedly takes it seriously and the PEEOTUS is already mad on Twitter at its release.

FAKE NEWS - A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2017

A delicious reminder from Danegeld: the last time he called something a "witch hunt," it was the reportage of the Trump University scam that ended in him paying out $25m to settle the lawsuits.

The festivities (#GoldenShowers) will overshadow outgoing president Obama's farewell speech, sadly, but there was always going to be something.
  10. Zak McKracken Member

11. The Internet Member

I wish there were some way to get the US Senate to delay confirmation hearings until there is time to look at the Russian propaganda messages and how these cabinet candidates align with those messages. Because they do. A lot.

Washington Post had an article with a list of known useful idiot web sites. Good place to get the Russian crazy talk message on climate change, public education, public lands, EPA, etc.

A point about useful idiots: Russia tech says they can't know that they are serving Russian interests. Because if they know that they will blabber about it. Plus these idiots are groomed to feel special, like they are on a holy mission to inform America, and they will lose that passion if they feel like pawns. It is that passion that makes them seem sincere and credible.

Russian agents feed useful idiots leaks that look like real evidence. The mark sees the dox then goes, OMG! This is amazing! Then other bits of circumstantial evidence in dribs and drabs keeps the mark going.

When I think about Trump's birther crusade, I wonder if he was fed something that seemed like real dox concerning Obama's birth certificate.
  12. The Internet Member

13. For once I agree with you. Just because Trump uses his disgusting mocking of people with cerebral palsy act to try and insult people with other or no disabilities is no excuse. Trump claims he was mocking a "groveling" reporter. Only an ignorant fool like Trump would try mock a "groveling reporter" by insulting a disabled reporter like this:

[IMG]

Trump’s Mockery of a Disabled Journalist: Watch for Yourself

When Kovaleski’s comments got back to Trump, he took time out of a Nov. 2015 campaign rally to berate the reporter, and appeared to mock his physical condition in his impersonation.

After first referring to Kovaleski as a “nice reporter,” Trump added, while jerking his arms around in front of his body, “Now, the poor guy — you’ve got to see this guy, ‘Ah, I don’t know what I said! I don’t remember!’ ”

In an interview with The New York Times shortly after the 2015 incident, Kovaleski said that he met with Trump repeatedly when he was a reporter for New York Daily News covering the businessman between 1987 and 1993.
    “Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Kovaleski said. “I’ve interviewed him in his office. I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.”

He also told The Washington Post at the time that he was sure Trump remembered him and his condition, saying, “The sad part about it is, it didn’t in the slightest bit jar or surprise me that Donald Trump would do something this low-rent, given his track record.”

http://people.com/politics/trump-denies-mocking-journalist-disability-watch-video/
  14. 'During a special briefing last Friday, leaders of the intelligence community gave President-elect Donald Trump a synopsis of unsubstantiated and salacious allegations that Russian operatives had obtained potentially compromising personal and financial information about the president-elect, a U.S. official confirmed Tuesday.'
    So on Friday when Trump quoted the intelligence services as saying that the Russian interference hadn't effected the election results, and they said nope, he was already worried about his pee pee.
    Bigly
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/96414062/?client=safari
  15. Best tweet

Rick Wilson ✔@TheRickWilson
    WikiLeaks takes on a whole meaning tonight, doesn't it?
    4:46 PM - 10 Jan 2017
    1,171 1,171 Retweets 2,618 2,618 likes
  16. The Internet Member

17. The Internet Member

Lol, all the comedy writers who won't be getting any sleep tonight.

Some people on 4chan are taking credit for the story about Trump hiring girls to piss on a bed Obama slept in, because Trump "hates the Obamas." That is interesting because golden showers on an actual bed in a hotel room is going to create a nasty mess. Watersports are for bathtubs, not soft beds with poofy comforters.

Plus I do not get the hate angle. And I don't see how the watersports would help soothe that hatred. My empathy machine is really getting nothing out of the piss story. Thus it is easy for me to believe the whole thing is fake. But the other stuff about Russia spying on Trump and using debts and other tactics to influence him seems believable.
  18. fyi, some people on 4chan /pol/ also claimed credit for electing DJT, for disseminating pizzagate, and other silliness.

lol /pol/

they'll still be laughing when mister trump in a drunken rage orders the FBI to destroy 4chan
    (and they will probably blame each other and "the jews" equally)
  19. The Internet Member

Another reason I have a hard time with the piss story:

I imagine I'm Trump, a salesman selling his number one product: himself. I'm in a foreign country antagonistic to the US and so I am on my best behavior. Why the fuck then would I leave the Ritz hotel with a ruined mattress and linens? That is only going to give me a bedwetter reputation. Also the hotel staff will hate me.
  20. New press conference. No divestiture. No tax returns. Fig leaf attempts to separate Trump from business and conflicts of interest, but many obvious avenues for abuse.
  21. DeathHamster Member

ZS7QBY3h.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/11/trump-russia-dossier-explainer-details
  22. demarquis Member

Thanks for sharing all this information and your insights, The Internet, but bed-peeing incident is ultimately a side-show. The most serious allegations are found in the memo labelled "Report 2016/166" (page 34 of the Buzzfeed document), namely that Trump's close associate Michael Cohen met with members of the Russian govern't in Prague for the purpose of paying East European hackers to work against the Clinton campaign. Probably the second most serious allegation is that people close to Trump have been exchanging information with the FSB in Moscow going back 8 years. Trump's associates allegedly provided Russia with information on the financial dealings of certain Russian oligarchs in the US. Finally, there is the allegation that the Russians have (undisclosed) compromising material on Trump, including "perverted sexual acts" (the water sports incident was part of this, but not all of it).

It's not clear to me that any of this violates US law, but it's pretty serious. If true, it pretty clearly compromises Trump and his colleagues and makes it clear that he is not able to fulfill the responsibilities of being President. The paying of the money is the only thing that might be impeachable, but I'm not a lawyer.
  23. The paying of money (and everything else) is a side show. The only impeachable thing he might have done, would be if he had sex with someone other than his wife and then lied about it under oath before Congress. As long as he doesn't do that, it's all good.
  24. Was that something you read on /pol/ ?
  25. Wut? I base it on the fact that sleeping with someone other than your wife and then lying about it before Congress is the only thing that's been recognized as grounds for impeachment, since Reconstruction.

Has there been an impeachment on other grounds that somehow escaped my attention?

26. Considering you quote from sources such as / pol/ it's impossible to say.
  27. Has there been a US President impeached on any other grounds than the one I described, since 1868?
    Please cite any sources you have.
  28. DeathHamster Member

29. Try 4chan you won't find a better source .
  30. DeathHamster Member

Except that no one has been impeached on those grounds.
  31. demarquis Member

It isn't based on case law, but defined by the constitution: " Article II of the United States Constitution states in Section 4 that "The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors." As you can see, it isn't limited to just Presidents, it can be applied to any public official. Lots of people have been impeached. Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_in_the_United_States and https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Impeachment_in_the_United_States&action=edit&section=6

There's also the possibility of impeaching him on the basis of his violating the constitution's emoluments clause. Here: tp://lawnewz.com/high-profile/experts-trumps-conflict-of-interest-with-his-d-c-hotel-raises-serious-impeachment-issues/
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s deadly anti-vaccine ‘gospel’

By the New York Post Editorial Board, January 10, 2017

Quote:

We’re relieved that Team Trump has denied Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s claim that the president-elect is naming him to chair a commission on “vaccination safety and scientific integrity.” That would’ve been putting a madman in charge of the asylum.

RFK is the national spokesman for the Looney Tunes brigade that claims pediatric vaccines cause autism and a vast government conspiracy is to blame.

The scientific consensus disproving these claims is overwhelming. Yet Kennedy has still traveled the nation preaching his ludicrous gospel — even at one time talking of “a holocaust” that’s “destroyed the lives of 20 million children.”

Thanks to such quackery, childhood diseases once deemed eradicated, like measles and whooping cough, have re-emerged.

We understand why a parent desperately trying to make sense of a child’s autism might grasp at this explanation — and why people like President-elect Donald Trump might sympathize with those misled parents, and pay heed to the crackpots.

Trump’s last word on the issue was merely to endorse the harmless idea of spreading out childhood vaccinations — until his sitdown with RFK Jr. on Tuesday. Then Kennedy’s claims made it seem Trump was re-opening the controversy.

We’re overjoyed that the prez-elect threw cold water on this nonsense before it endangered more lives.

Source: https://nypost.com/2017/01/10/rfk-jr-s-deadly-anti-vaccine-gospel/

Related: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/va...h-nation-of-islam-robert-f-kennedy-jr.128212/
  33. DeathHamster Member

Hold that thought until we see who he does appoint.