Customize

The Smoking Gun: Trump, The Least Charitable Billionaire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hushpuppy, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Who is he going to blame next,the Muppets?
  2. Donald, listen up it was I who wire tapped you.
  3. NO! Blame it on the Bossa nova!
  4. The Internet Member

Trump just threw Fox under the bus. This pleases me. I hope he does it again. And again.

I have this hypothesis that all the disruptive pseudo-right politics coming at us is due to the fossil fuel industry creating drama to distract us from global warming. To test this hypothesis, whenever a pundit says something batshit I google that person's name and "global warming." So far I am batting a thousand.

Judge Napolitano, the guy who said GCHQ wiretapped Trump, thinks Pope Francis is a "false prophet" because he said humans need to respond to global warming.

Ergo, Judge Napolitano is on the asshole payroll.
  5. "North Korea is behaving very badly. They have been "playing" the United States for years. China has done little to help!"
    Srs? Does he think this will cause Noryh Korea or China to change?
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

White House accidentally emails out satire piece to tout benefits of budget | ABC News Australia

Quote:

The White House's new official email provides its readers with a daily dose of news from the Trump administration, from events to a "photo of the day" to a curated selection of media reports.

On Friday, that selection included a link to a Washington Post article titled "Trump's budget makes perfect sense and will fix America, and I will tell you why".

The only problem? It was satirical.

Written by columnist and humourist Alexandra Petri, the opinion piece — it is noted at the top of the article that it is indeed opinion writing — mocks the Trump administration's budget.

Mr Trump's proposed budget has flagged massive cuts to the State Department — including UN funding and foreign aid — and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and increased funding to the military and border security.

Petri poked fun at the "hard power budget" and likely cuts to humanitarian programs, publicly funded media and UN-funded initiatives.

One paragraph read:

"This budget will make America a lean, mean fighting machine with bulging, rippling muscles and not an ounce of fat. America has been weak and soft for too long.
    "BUT HOW WILL I SURVIVE ON THIS BUDGET? you may be wondering. I AM A HUMAN CHILD, NOT A COSTLY FIGHTER JET.
    "You may not survive, but that is because you are SOFT and WEAK, something this budget is designed to eliminate."

The article was later removed from the email, but not before screenshots had been shared by several social media users.

Twitter user Molly Templeton wrote: "This was in today's email from the White House.

"So clearly, literally no one read the linked piece by @petridishes, did they?"

Petri, who jokingly lamented in a tweet that "no-one reads any more", followed up her initial piece with a second one, including the phrase:

"The White House is not full of careless people who skim headlines looking for the ones that sound sort of positive and then send them out in their daily briefing newsletter hoping for the best haaa ha ha nope ha ha these are the minds who control war and peace and the budget and things ha ha ha it's fine ha ha oh god help."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...se-emails-satire-piece-touting-budget/8366356

That time the White House promoted a parody article of Trump’s ‘lean, mean fighting machine’ budget | The Washington Post

Remarkable? Yes. But this isn't the first time the Trump White House has made a colossal/colossally embarrassing mistake. Its press office isn't two months old, and it already has a history of some very sloppy/funny errors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-of-trumps-lean-mean-fighting-machine-budget/
    • Like Like x 2

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Internet Member

9. The Wrong Guy Member

Angela Merkel’s facial expressions illustrate global bafflement at Donald Trump

By Daniel Politi, Slate

Quote:

President Donald Trump’s meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel was marked by several awkward moments. In their first joint appearance, Trump and Merkel sat silently next to each other as photographers snapped away. The two had shaken hands when Merkel arrived at the White House but in the Oval Office, the German leader frequently leaned into Trump, who continued to look straight ahead and ignore her clear body language. Near the end of the event, a photographer called out for the two to shake hands, and Merkel can be heard asking Trump, “Do you want to do the handshake?” Trump ignored the question, and a clearly perplexed Merkel smiled — and maybe even grimaced? — toward the cameras.

That seemed likely to be the awkward high point of the day but ended up being nothing compared to what would happen a little while later during a joint news conference. At one point Trump made what was apparently a joke, standing by his unproven claims that his predecessor’s administration tapped his phones. “As far as wiretapping, I guess, by this past administration, at least we have something in common perhaps,” Trump said to Merkel, whose government said in 2013 Washington may have been spying on her. Merkel was not amused.

Continued with videos here: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...s_illustrate_global_bafflement_at_donald.html
  10. The Internet Member

Maybe it is just me but I find that seriously fucking disturbing. It reminds me of the time when Putin had his dog loose, sniffing around Merkel, when he knew the woman had a fear of dogs.

It also reminds me of horror stories I've heard from people who returned from creepy job interviews --e.g., the interviewer asks the interviewee to open a window, knowing it doesn't actually open. Is it some kind of S&M humiliation game?

What are we to think of the most powerful person on the planet indulging in childish pranks toward another head of state?

I wish I could reassure Merkel somehow that Americans, most of them anyway, are genuine and caring.

donald-trump-angela merkel.jpg
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

C52usK1UoAAeV9K.jpg

0317-2017-TrumpBillboard-KPNX.jpg

Billboard of Donald Trump Backed by Mushroom Clouds, 'Swastika Dollar' Signs Pops Up in Arizona

Quote:

A billboard depicting an image of President Donald Trump appeared on Phoenix's Grand Avenue in Arizona on Friday, NBC affiliated station KPNX reported.

Unlike any other Trump billboards people are used to seeing during his election campaign of 2016, the Phoenix billboard illustrates a menacing photo of Donald Trump, wearing a Russian flag pin on his collar, surrounded by mushroom clouds and 'swastika dollar' signs.

"I think a lot of people are feeling this way and I'm just trying to express what I think is on a lot of people's minds these days," the billboard's artist, said in an interview Friday, according to KPNX.

Continued at http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/nati...rump-Mushroom-Clouds-Swastikas-416488903.html

Artist behind Phoenix Trump billboard: It will stay up as long as Trump is president

http://www.12news.com/news/politics...ay-up-as-long-as-trump-is-president/423507653
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Kellyanne Conway's husband is Trump pick for justice department post – report | The Guardian

• Wall Street Journal says George Conway will head civil division
    • White House and Department of Justice do not confirm choice
    Quote:

Donald Trump has chosen the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway to head the civil division of the Justice Department, the Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday.

George Conway was chosen to lead the office that has responsibility for defending the administration’s proposed travel ban and defending lawsuits filed against the administration, the newspaper said.

The White House and the justice department would not confirm the pick on Saturday. George Conway declined to comment.

Conway is a partner at the New York law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz. The law firm’s website says Conway has extensive experience in litigation involving securities, mergers and acquisitions, contracts and antitrust cases.

He graduated from Harvard and then Yale Law School. He joined the law firm in 1988, soon after his graduation from law school.

He has been involved in numerous complex, high-profile cases with that firm, where he has been a partner since 1994. In the 1990s, Conway wrote the supreme court brief that cleared the way for Paula Jones’ civil suit against President Bill Clinton.

Clinton’s denial of an affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky during a deposition in the Jones case led to his impeachment trial.

Continued at https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...onway-husband-donald-trump-justice-department
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Trump’s budget proves that U.S. will pay for border wall, Mexican governor says | The Washington Post

Quote:

As the Trump administration advanced plans to erect a multibillion-dollar wall on the southern border, the leader of Mexico’s national governors association said Saturday in Washington that President Trump’s budget proposal proves that U.S. taxpayers will foot the bill.

Trump has insisted that he will force Mexico to pay for the wall, but Mexican officials have refused. The president’s budget request Thursday included $2.6 billion, mostly for first stages of the wall.

“Trump is asking the Americans to pay for the wall,” Gov. Graco Ramírez of the Mexican state of Morelos said in a news conference. “The first victory is ours.” Ramírez, who is president of the National Conference of Governors of Mexico, was in Washington for a meeting at the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.

Ramírez spoke hours after U.S. Customs and Border Protection opened bidding for contracts to craft prototypes of the wall, a step toward fulfilling a campaign promise Trump made to build a “big, beautiful, powerful wall” to keep out illegal immigrants and drug smugglers.

The two requests for proposals offer a first glimpse at the administration’s vision for the border, which already has hundreds of miles of fencing. One request calls for prototypes of reinforced concrete, while the second is open-ended, and could include durable see-through material.

Both prototypes call for a 30-foot-high-wall, though 18 feet may be acceptable, and one that is “aesthetically pleasing in color” — at least from the U.S. side.

Omitted from the requests is the word “impenetrable” — a quality Trump vowed the wall would have. But the requests for proposals seemed to acknowledge that might not be possible.

Instead, the requests say the prototypes must be able to withstand “for a minimum of 1 hour” efforts to breach it by punching, using a sledgehammer, or a “car jack, pick axe, chisel, battery operated impact tools, battery operated cutting tools, Oxy/acetylene torch or other similar hand-held tools.” The requests also say the wall must have anti-climbing devices and mechanisms to prevent tunneling under it to a depth of six feet.

“It shall not be possible for a human to climb to the top of the wall or access the top of the wall from either side unassisted (e.g. via the use of a ladder, etc.),” the requests for proposals said.

The deadline for submitting proposals is March 29 and a federal official said the first contracts will be issued this summer. Soon afterward, the companies will build the prototypes in San Diego, where they will be tested.

Continued at https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...91fb58-0c0a-11e7-93dc-00f9bdd74ed1_story.html

c9573a06-0b50-11e7-a583-12dbfb8db239-1242x804.jpg

Canadians’ satirical border ‘solution’ designed to drive Trump up wall | The Seattle Times

No, dead Nazi Albert Speer is not really bidding to build President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall. But a group of Canadian pranksters who ‘figured some kind of parody submission was in order’ has created and submitted one in Speer’s name.

Quote:

More than 700 businesses have signed up for possible work on President Donald Trump’s proposed “big, beautiful” wall on the U.S.-Mexico border. But not everyone registering for the early-stage federal bidding process is serious. Some are looking to satirize or protest the controversial project.

Take “Trump Wall Solutions,” a firm ostensibly based in Toronto, Canada, which has signed up as an “interested vendor” in response to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) online solicitation.

The company’s listed principal? That would be Albert Speer, the Nazi war criminal who was Adolf Hitler’s personal architect. Speer, who designed the infamous Nazi party rally grounds in Nuremberg, died in 1981.

Trump Wall Solutions is actually a small group of Canadian pranksters mortified by the Trump administration and the border-wall plan, according to two men involved in the project who spoke with The Seattle Times by phone Friday.

“We just thought it was a bit absurd, this whole wall proposal. We figured some kind of parody submission was in order,” said Matt, one of the organizers, who said he works in architecture in Toronto.

He declined to give a last name, saying he travels to the United States and doesn’t want to draw the attention of authorities.

Matt and a few collaborators drafted an over-the-top set of designs and maps for a border wall, and they plan to submit it to DHS. “The point is to have a very overtly fascist submission,” he said.

A cover page for the draft proposal, in Germanic lettering, calls the project the “Tremendous Wall of Trump.” The mock-ups of the wall show a stark, gray structure adorned with rows of red and white banners with swastikalike “T” logos.

A draft letter to DHS declares that the wall’s design should be “tremendously monumental” and “a spectacle worthy of a mighty nation.”

They’re not the only ones who have responded to the federal government’s pre-solicitation notice with a less-than-sincere interest in building the wall. The Atlantic magazine’s CityLab has reported at least two of the interested contractors appear to be artists, from Germany and Virginia, “who may be trying to punk the process.”

Continued at http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...der-solution-designed-to-drive-trump-up-wall/
  14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-costs/?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottomlist
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

For Donald Trump, a Terror Attack Will Be an Opportunity Not a Curse

By Peter Maass, The Intercept

Quote:

Can we breathe a sigh of relief after federal judges blocked President Donald Trump’s discriminatory executive orders? For a moment we can, but we are just a terrorism attack away from the White House gaining a new pretext for its wrathful crackdown against Muslims and immigrants.

Among the alterations in American politics since Trump’s inauguration, this may be the most frightening one: a terror attack on U.S. soil will be used by the White House as an excuse for implementing an extra-legal agenda that could only be pushed through in a time of crisis. What the courts will not allow today, what protesters will hit the streets to defend tomorrow, what even the pliant Congress would have a hard time backing — the White House is almost certainly counting on all of this changing in the wake of a domestic terrorist attack.

This macabre turn, in which terrorism becomes an opportunity rather than a curse, has ample precedents that tell us one thing: be prepared.

Continued at https://theintercept.com/2017/03/19...or-attack-will-be-an-opportunity-not-a-curse/
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Fact-check: Donald Trump says Germany owes 'vast sums of money to NATO' | PolitiFact

Quote:

Less than 24 hours after meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, President Donald Trump took to Twitter to criticize Germany for shirking on its defense payments to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the United States.

"Despite what you have heard from the FAKE NEWS, I had a GREAT meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel," Trump wrote in a tweet March 18. "Nevertheless, Germany owes vast sums of money to NATO & the United States must be paid more for the powerful, and very expensive, defense it provides to Germany!"

Trump has repeatedly called on NATO countries to contribute more to that military alliance, so we decided to fact-check his claim about Germany.

What we found is that Trump is misunderstanding how NATO’s joint defense is paid for, and that Germany doesn’t owe anything.

Continued at http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...heck-donald-trump-says-germany-owes-vast-sum/
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Spicer: Trump didn’t hear Merkel’s handshake request | TheHill

"I do not believe he heard the question"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...er-trump-didnt-hear-merkels-handshake-request

Democrat, Republican lawmakers agree: No evidence of Trump Tower wiretapping | Slate

The top Republican and Democrat of the House intelligence committee both agreed on Sunday that there is still no concrete evidence to prove President Donald Trump’s contention that the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower during the presidential campaign. The issue took center stage during the Sunday talk shows a day before the House intelligence committee is scheduled to hold its first public hearing on claims of Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...e_no_evidence_of_trump_tower_wiretapping.html

Trump approval rating sinks to new low | ABC News

President Trump's approval rating has fallen to 37 percent -- the lowest of his fledgling presidency, according to Gallup. His disapproval rating rose correspondingly, hitting 58 percent.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-approval-rating-sinks-low/story?id=46243176
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Stephen Hawking: I fear I may not be welcome in Donald Trump's US

Leading British physicist and cosmologist tells Good Morning Britain he is concerned about US president’s environmental policy

By Robert Booth, The Guardian

Quote:

Stephen Hawking, the leading British physicist and cosmologist, has said he no longer feels welcome in the US under Donald Trump.

Prof Hawking is a recipient of the prestigious US Franklin medal for science and received the presidential medal of freedom from Barack Obama in 2009. Now he has spoken out about his fears for the country’s “definite swing to a rightwing, more authoritarian approach”.

“I would like to visit again and to talk to other scientists, but I fear that I may not be welcome,” he said in an interview with Good Morning Britain on Monday.

The 75-year-old Cambridge scientist said he was particularly concerned about Trump’s environment policy.

“He should replace Scott Pruitt at the Environment Protection Agency,” he said. “Climate change is one of the great dangers we face, and it’s one we can prevent. It affects America badly, so tackling it should win votes for his second term. God forbid.”

Hawking has previously described Trump as a demagogue.

“Trump was elected by people who felt disenfranchised by the governing elite in a revolt against globalisation,” he told ITV1’s breakfast programme. “His priority will be to satisfy his electorate, who are neither liberal nor that well informed.”

Continued at https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/mar/20/stephen-hawking-trump-good-morning-britain-interview
  19. Disambiguation Global Moderator

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/opinions/trump-taxpayer-injustice-opinion-obeidallah/
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

21. The Wrong Guy Member

FBI director to testify on Trump wiretapping claim and Russia campaign links | The Guardian

Excerpt:

“I hope that we can put an end to this wild goose chase, because what the president said was just patently false,” Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House intelligence committee told the NBC’s “Meet the Press. “It’s continuing to grow in terms of damage, and he needs to put an end to this.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...trump-wiretapping-claim-russia-campaign-links
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Ivanka Trump brand sued by San Francisco fashion retailer over unfair competition | SFGate

Quote:

San Francisco fashion boutique Modern Appealing Clothing has sued Ivanka Trump's company over unfair competition.

The class action lawsuit was filed in San Francisco Superior Court on Thursday.

The lawsuit claims Ivanka Trump Marks, LLC, has gained an unfair advantage in the marketplace "from Donald J. Trump being the President of the United States and from Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared, working for the President of the United States."

The lawsuit claims Ivanka Trump's brand got a boost from Donald Trump's tweets blasting Nordstrom for dropping her line, and from Kellyanne Conway telling people to "go buy Ivanka's stuff" during an interview with Fox News.

Modern Appealing Clothing is a longtime San Francisco brand with stores in Hayes Valley and the Dogpatch. The Chronicle described the stores as "San Francisco's fashion wonderland" and the brand is "beloved not just in San Francisco, but worldwide." MAC has been in San Francisco since 1980.

Despite Nordstrom and other retailers like Sears and Kmart dropping Trump's line, Courthouse News reports the brand's sales grew 346 percent between January and February.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages on behalf of women's clothing retailers operating in California since January, and for an order preventing the Ivanka Trump brand from being sold in California.

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Ivanka-Trump-brand-sued-by-San-Francisco-fashion-11013425.php
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Federal Budget: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO) | LastWeekTonight

Donald Trump's federal budget plan proposes large funding cuts with largely negative consequences. John Oliver examines the troubling priorities of the new administration.
  24. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-us-race-possible-links-with-trump-camp.html
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

FBI's Comey says no evidence of Trump wiretap claim, confirms probe | Reuters

Quote:

The head of the FBI publicly challenged U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday, disputing the Republican's claim that former president Barack Obama wiretapped his 2016 election campaign and confirming his agency had launched a criminal investigation into any collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia.

FBI Director James Comey told a congressional hearing he had seen no evidence to support a claim by Trump that Obama had wiretapped his campaign headquarters in Trump Tower in New York.

Continued at http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN16R077

Full Frontal‏ @FullFrontalSamB 2 hours ago
    "With respect to the President's tweets" is a phrase you'd never hope to hear in a real intel hearing, but here we are.

Full Frontal‏ @FullFrontalSamB 1 hour ago
    .@POTUS
    In light of Comey's testimony, figured we'd fix this for you.
    C7X0EiEXkAAGg7u.jpg
  26. With everyone and his dog denying this wire tap it doesn't make Trump look good in anyone's eyes.
    So the next question has to be proof or GTFO Donald but how exactly do we get to that stage?

Donald Trump has to be held to account for his accusation and soon.
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

FBI Director James Comey: Trump campaign, Russia ties investigated, no wiretap evidence | CNN

Quote:

FBI Director James Comey said for the first time Monday that the bureau is investigating whether there was any coordination between the Trump campaign and Moscow while Russia was interfering in the presidential election.

Comey also delivered an implicit rebuke to President Donald Trump, saying that he had "no information" to support claims by the President that he was wiretapped on the orders of predecessor Barack Obama.

In a dramatic hearing before the House Intelligence Committee, Comey, once again finding himself at the epicenter of a political storm, also said that Russian President Vladimir Putin had a clear preference for whom he wanted to see as the next president -- and it was not Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

Comey's comments represented his most explicit intervention yet in the controversy over what US intelligence agencies have assessed was a Russian attempt to disrupt the election -- and a string of counter-claims against the previous administration leveled by Trump himself.

Comey on Monday publicly confirmed for the first time that his agency is investigating possible collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign and whether any crimes may have been committed during last year's election campaign as part of a wider probe into the hacking of Democratic servers and the Clinton campaign.

"That includes investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia's efforts," Comey said in his opening statement to the committee.

The hearing, which also featured testimony from National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers saw Democrats highlight publicly available information about links between Trump associates and Russia. Republicans tried to turn the hearing into leaks that led to the resignation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Comey testified that US intelligence agencies were agreed that Russia's aim evolved into an effort during the election to aid Trump over Clinton.

"They wanted to hurt our democracy, hurt her, help him. I think all three we were confident in at least as early as December," Comey said.

Comey also said he had no information to support claims by Trump that he was wiretapped by Obama -- made in a series of explosive tweets two weeks ago.

"I have no information that supports those tweets," Comey told the committee, adding that the Justice Department, along with the FBI, had no information to support the allegations. Comey said that no president could order a wiretapping operation against a specific American citizen.

Republican Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes had said the hearing would have several areas of focus -- the extent to which Russian intervened in the US election and whether any campaign officials conspired in those efforts. He restated that there was not a wiretap on Trump Tower, but did not rule out other kinds of surveillance against the Trump campaign. Nunes had also said the hearing would seek information about who leaked classified information linked to the issue or Russian election interference.

Continued at http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/politics/comey-hearing-russia-wiretapping/
  28. The sad truth is Donald isn't special or interesting enough to be the subject of a wire tap.
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Rebuffed by Comey's testimony, Trump tweet teases new theory | CNN

Quote:

After the FBI director said he had no information to back up a conspiracy theory pushed by President Donald Trump on Twitter, Trump took to Twitter to tease something new.

The official presidential Twitter account noted Monday that FBI Director James Comey declined to say before a House panel whether he briefed President Barack Obama on former national security adviser Mike Flynn's contacts with Russian operatives.

The response amounted to Trump's first direct public response to Comey's testimony, in which he also confirmed the Department of Justice was looking into potential ties between the Trump campaign and Russian government. Comey also said he was unaware of any evidence supporting Trump's allegations that Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during the campaign.

"FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Michael Flynn to Russia," said the tweet, which was sent out shortly after 12:30 p.m. ET.

It is unclear if Trump sent out the tweet or ordered it. The account says it is managed by Trump's social media manager, Dan Scavino.

The tweet suggests Obama -- and by extension Comey -- could have been the source of leaked information about meetings between Flynn and Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak that eventually led to Flynn's resignation. There's no evidence to back up that suggestion, either.

In testifying before the House Intelligence Committee Monday, Comey cautioned against drawing conclusions from his decisions to not comment on certain topics.

"I know speculating is part of human nature, but it really isn't fair to draw conclusions simply because I say that I can't comment," Comey said.

Rep. Jim Himes asked Comey and Rogers about the White House, to which, Comey replied that it would be hard to comment without seeing the tweets, but Himes, a Connecticut Democrat, pressed.

"It was not our intention to say that today," Comey said, noting that the they have not been tasked with determining the effectiveness of Russia's efforts.

Comey responded, it's not "something that we looked at" as part of Intelligence Community review into Russia cyberattacks, disputing the White House.

Trump's official Twitter account also tweeted an exchange between the Director of the National Security Agency and committee chair Devin Nunes on how there is no evidence vote totals were changed in a series of 2016 battleground states.

"So you have no intelligence that suggests, or evidence that suggests, any votes were changed," Nunes asks.

"I have nothing generated by the national security industry, sir," Rogers says.

Comey was later asked a similar question and said it's not "something that we looked at."

And Trump's account also tweeted Rogers telling Rep. Tom Rooney, a Florida Republican, that revealing the name of an American swept up inadvertently in a wiretapping would damage national security and future surveillance programs.

The tweets amount to selective responses in light of a pair of statements Comey made Monday morning that could undercut the administration.

Continued at http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/politics/donald-trump-james-comey/
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

Roger Stone responds to Comey hearing, says claims of Russia collusion are 'manufactured by the intelligence service'| CNN

Quote:

In a radio interview Monday, Roger Stone said that mentions of him at a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Russian interference in the 2016 election amounted to "red-baiting and "fear mongering."

In a series of questions posed to FBI Director James Comey, Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff repeatedly referenced some of Stone's public statements during the campaign, specifically his contact with the hacker "Guccifer 2.0," who has claimed responsibility for hacking the Democratic National Committee last year. US intelligence officials believe Guccifer 2.0 to be a front for Russian intelligence.

"Chairman Schiff is engaging in the worst kind of red baiting, fear mongering, it's the new McCarthyism, and it's mudslinging," Stone said on SiriusXM radio's "The Wilkow Majority." "Any inference that my brief and now totally public exchange with Crufficer (sic) 2, who is alleged to be a Russian asset, is A) benign in its content, and more importantly, takes place at a time after the hacking and publication of the DNC documents by WikiLeaks."

Continued at http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/20/politics/kfile-roger-stone-responds-to-hearing/
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Not Even the FBI Can Get Trump to Drop His Wiretap Claims | WIRED

https://www.wired.com/2017/03/not-even-fbi-can-get-trump-drop-wiretap-claims/

FBI Director Forced to Fact-Check Trump's Twitter Bullshit in Real-Time | Gizmodo

The @POTUS account’s timeline is filled with clips from the hearing cherrypicked to flatter Trump and bolster his narrative that Russian electoral influence is a conspiracy theory, but the head of the FBI just testified under oath that his Twitter account was trash. When you’re thin-skinned enough to post deceptively edited clips with misleading captions, that’s gotta hurt.

http://gizmodo.com/fbi-director-forced-to-fact-check-trumps-twitter-bullsh-1793450981

White House defends Trump wiretap claim despite FBI finding 'no information' | The Guardian

A visibly agitated White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters that the investigation into Trump’s wiretapping accusation was only in its “first chapter” and there was “interesting news” yet to come. He also said Trump would not apologize to his predecessor.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/20/white-house-trump-wiretapping-claims-sean-spicer-fbi
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

800.jpg

Aides Wrestle Drill From Trump’s Hands As He Tries To Remove Obama Listening Device From Skull | The Onion

Quote:

Rushing toward the president as he pressed the eight-inch bit into his temple, several White House aides managed to wrestle a drill from Donald Trump’s hand Monday while he attempted to remove Obama’s listening device from his skull.

“Obama implanted a microphone inside my head to record everything I say!” Trump reportedly shouted shortly before three White House staffers pinned him to the floor and pried apart his fingers to seize the power tool.

“You don’t understand, he can hear everything we’re saying! Obama can even hear my thoughts! I have to get it out! I can feel it! I can feel it! I can feel it!”

At press time, staffers were panicking after Trump locked himself in the bathroom and began cutting his stomach open with a razor blade in an attempt to find the tracking chip he said The New York Times had put in his food.

http://www.theonion.com/article/aides-wrestle-drill-trumps-hands-he-tries-remove-o-55576
    • Like Like x 1

33. The Wrong Guy Member

Report: Fox News Pulls Judge Andrew Napolitano Following Trump Wiretap Comments | Mediaite

Quote:

Judge Andrew Napolitano, Fox News’ senior judicial analyst, has been pulled from the network, according to a new report out tonight.

The L.A. Times reports that Napolitano has been “taken off the air” after comments he made last week about President Trump‘s wiretapping claims became a major issue.

Napolitano said that according to sources, the Obama administration went to British intelligence agency GCHQ to surveil Trump. Sean Spicer cited it at a press briefing, and the end result here was that GCHQ slammed the claim in a statement and Fox anchors had to state for the record that the news division could not corroborate those claims.

Per the L.A. Times:

People familiar with the situation who could speak only on the condition of anonymity said Napolitano is not expected to be on Fox News Channel any time in the near future.

CNN’s Brian Stelter tweeted earlier that his absence was very notable during all the big news today:

Continued at http://www.mediaite.com/uncategoriz...-napolitano-following-trump-wiretap-comments/

Stop Calling Him "Judge" Napolitano | The Faculty Lounge

Quote:

By now, everyone knows that Fox News contributor Andrew Napolitano was the source behind the recent White House claim that the British intelligence service, known as GCHQ, colluded with President Obama to conduct surveillance of Donald Trump in the midst of the 2016 campaign. The British government has rightly branded the assertion “nonsense,” saying it was “utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.” Napolitano’s scoop was also disavowed by the actual news branch of Fox News itself.

But even as the story is repeatedly debunked, some reporters and commentators continue to refer to its originator as “Judge Napolitano,” which only serves to lend some unwarranted credence to his false report.

It is true that Napolitano once served on the New Jersey Superior Court, but he resigned in 1995 and has not held judicial office since then. Nonetheless, he insists on being addressed as “Judge” and he is said to have demanded that his set on Fox News be designed to resemble a judge’s chambers. His website – which he calls JudgeNap.com – refers to him as “Judge Napolitano” in virtually every paragraph, as does his bio on the Fox News site.

The American Bar Association has cautioned against the exploitation of judicial titles by former judges, noting that it is wrong to use “Judge” or “The Honorable” in connection with law practice. In its Formal Opinion 95-391, the ABA Commission on Ethics and Professional Responsibility noted that continued “use of the title is misleading because it may be misunderstood by the public as suggesting some type of special influence” or “to create an unjustified expectation.” In fact, said the ABA, “there appears to be no reason for such use of the title other than to create such an expectation.”

Although the ABA opinion addressed only the use of the honorific in law practice, some states have gone further. The Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct, for example, provide that a former judge may only use the title or honorific if it is preceded by the word “retired” (or “former,” if the judge had been defeated for reelection), and the rule does not limit the restriction to law practice.

Sean Spicer, of course, cited “Judge Andrew Napolitano” when he first introduced the phony story at a press briefing. Fox News, InfoWars, the Daily Caller, and Breitbart, needless to say, always call him by the honorific. But CNN’s Wolf Blitzer also repeatedly refers to “Judge Napolitano” in his television reports, as do other stories on CNN.com. Mainstream news sources such as Business Insider, Real Clear Politics, the Huffington Post, the New York Daily News, and even the Washington Post have also referred to “Judge Napolitano,” and not in quotation marks. In fact, the British GCHQ called him “Judge Napolitano,” even as it called for his ridiculous remarks to be ignored.

Nothing can be done about Napolitano’s insistence on calling himself “judge,” but there is no reason for anyone else to go along with him. Fox News describes Napolitano as its “senior judicial analyst,” and the use of his former title is obviously for the purpose of enhancing his credibility.

To their credit, The New York Times, Politico, The Hill, and other outlets refer only to Mr. Napolitano or Andrew Napolitano. Like everyone else, Napolitano is entitled to his opinion, even when trafficking in absurd conspiracy theories, but we do not need to afford him the respect of an office that he no longer holds.

Source: http://www.thefacultylounge.org/2017/03/stop-calling-him-judge-napolitano-1.html
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

35. The Wrong Guy Member

Comey Hearing Adds to Chaos of Trump Presidency: A Closer Look | Late Night with Seth Meyers

Seth takes a closer look at the FBI's investigation into Russia's interference in the presidential election, and President Trump's wiretapping claims.
  36. Disambiguation Global Moderator

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/tr...-largest-daily-loss-since-election-1490132233
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2017/03/21/stocks-one-percent-drop/99457106/
    hasbro-001.jpg

monopolyjail-zaw1w5-clipart.jpg

wpid-screenshot_2014-03-04-08-14-24-11.png.jpg

Reality sets in
  37. https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trumps-lawyers-targeting-teenager-062628256.html
    http://www.kittenfeed.com
    BEWARE SOUND TRACK