Customize

The Steubenville Rape Case Goes To Trial - GUILTY!!!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by System, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Next they'll be suggesting she booby-trap her vagina.

Claymore mine and a tripwire.

Bam! Blow those fingers right off.

NRA wet dream.
  2. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Unfortunately, that is his solution to everything under the sun.

wbRQYQe.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Agreed. Why waste time discussing a rape culture that is prevalent everywhere that directly affects 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys when we could continue the 5-year-old wwp analysis of whether Travolta is gay, amirite?
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Anonymous Member

Well played anon.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. System Member

6. Anonymous Member

...Wuzzle?
  7. Anonymous Member

Steubenville Defendant Texted That His Coach ‘Took Care of’ Rape Allegations

[IMG] Doug Barry

A day after text messages were introduced in the Steubenville rape trial, three teenage witnesses (each of them current and former Steubenville students) are expected to provide key testimony in the trial of two high school football players accused of raping a 16-year-old girl in August.
    Thursday's installment of the Steubenville trial (which Special Judge Thomas Lipps is hearing without a jury) centered on the spiderweb of conflicting text messages sent last August after the alleged rape. According to a recap in the New York Times, texts from Trent Mays, the 17-year-old Steubenville quarterback who stands accused with fellow football player Ma'Lik Richmond, 16, of digitally penetrating a 16-year-old girl in back of a moving car and again in the basement of a house, included Mays' admission that he digitally penetrated the girl. (Mays has also been charged with the illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material.) The two have maintained their innocence.
    In other texts, however, Mays tells his friends that he and the girl engaged in another (mutual) sex act. The flurry of messages that Mays sent from his phone in the wake of the alleged rape seem to hedge around a full admission. Prosecutors introduced one text, for example, in which Mays tells the girl's father (probably one of the worst nightmare confrontations for any parent is interacting in any way with your child's alleged rapist) "this is all a big misunderstanding." Another series of texts Mays sent to his friends reveal that he'd been concerned about Steubenville football coach Reno Saccoccia's response to the event until the coach, according to Mays' texts, apparently gave him some reassuring news.
    Saccoccia, reads one of Mays' text that prosecutors introduced Thursday, "took care of it." In another text, Mays adds, "Like, he was joking about it so I'm not worried."
    Yet another text from Mays to the host of the August party seems particularly damning, since Mays appears to be giving the host scripted instructions about how to account for the girl's presence at the party: "Just say she came to to your house and passed out."
    The Times makes it clear that Saccoccia has not commented about the allegations, and Steubenville officials have not made him available.

More at http://jezebel.com/5990771/steubenv...-that-his-coach-took-care-of-rape-allegations
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Anonymous Member

That's not what I replied to, the post was specifically about the cort case and defence lawyers, nice try though.
  9. Anonymous Member

Not really.
  10. Anonymous Member

Judge in Steubenville rape trial to issue verdict Sunday

The prosecution and defense in the trial of two Ohio high school football players charged with raping an incapacitated 16-year-old girl rested their cases and the judge said he would announce his verdict on Sunday morning.
    After hearing closing arguments from both sides in the case, the judge presiding over the non-jury trial adjourned the proceedings for the evening to weigh the evidence before giving his verdict at 10 a.m.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
    The 16-year-old accuser in the trial of two Ohio high school football players charged with raping her while she was drunk at a party took the stand on Saturday and said she remembered little of what happened on the night she says she was assaulted.
    More at:http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ville-rape-trial-to-issue-verdict-sunday?lite
    Also, the silent protest continues. Even for those of you that don't do twitter (hahaha) your anon news or hashtag occupysteubenville for livestreams and updates tomorrow (verdict day.)
    Here's to justice for remarkable Jane Doe!

The girl recounted drinking vodka mixed with store-bought frozen slushies at the party that evening, then finding herself sitting on a curb early the next day, after the alleged rape, with her hands between her legs, vomiting into the street.
    She testified that she otherwise had no recollection of her own of what happened in the early hours of August 12, 2012, when witnesses in the case have said she was too drunk to move or talk.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

In case you haven't been paying attention today:

• Defense attorney Walter Madison used rape survivor's name repeatedly when the witness testimony was livestreamed with no time delay to redact on at least one streaming site. This was done immediately before the rape survivor took the stand. I'm sure it was all accidental and not meant to intimidate her before her turn to testify.

• Ohio Attorney General will hold live press conference immediately following the reading of the verdict to announce whether/what <if any> additional charges will be filed. RENO NEEDS TO BE PROSECUTED, FIRED, and SANCTIONED.

• Coach Reno - damning testimony came from both sides throughout the trial regarding that POS.

• "Jane Doe" was very courageous, forthright, and strong on the stand today. Regardless of tomorrow's verdict, that she was allowed to testify will help her tremendously in healing. Most rape survivors never get to get that kind of justice in this country, unfortunately.

• Prosecutor Hammeter rocked! Much respect to her! Much respect to Anons who participated in any way during this entire ordeal.

• #Steubenville is #3 trending on Twitter tonight.
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Ohio Attorney General just announced live that a Grand Jury will be convened for several days beginning approximately April 15 to look at pressing additional charges against others - to determine if anyone else needs to be charged. They will also be looking at the alleged rape that happened in April. He noted with disdain the"cavalier" <his words> attitudes surrounding rape.

Refusing to talk about any individuals today <when asked about Reno>. "No stones will be left unturned."

"Grand Jury serve several functions: Deciding who should be indicted, but also investigative tool. Can gather evidence to be later utilized to file charges. To find the truth. To take the investigation to a different level."

"We know a lot of the facts; want to gather additional facts and determine where we go from there."

IOW, some people in Steubenville are likely wetting their pants <or uniforms> right now IMHO.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Anonymous Member

The attitude about rape in the USA has changed in the last 4 decades. It started changing with Women's Liberation.
    Compare this to India, where the outcry against rape is really starting just now. Gang rapes there are international news now.
    The casual why these people bragged, took pix and messaged others shows a attitude in the Steubenville that will change now -people there will start to see this as a crime and not a prank.
    Note I said "people" not "men and boys". The whole community's attitude needs to change.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

The kid sobs when apologizing, he really is sorry. Alcohol Plus Children = disaster
  19. I'd sentence the lovely parents to do the time with their darling little rapists.
    Stupid Learned behavior is as stupid learned behavior does.
  20. Anonymous Member

The main wetter is likely a mr. Reno. Hopefully.
  21. Anonymous Member

The implication is that Reno is something that you'd find under a rock. Heh heh.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. anon walker Moderator

Scenario One:
    Lawyer: Did the plaintiff say she wanted to have sex with you?
    Defendant: Yes.
    Plaintiff: Who is this guy? I don't even know him.
    NRA Scenario:
    Plaintiff: I didn't know it was loaded.
    Coach: Now where we gonna get another team this late in the season?
  23. Anonymous Member

http://jezebel.com/5990830/nra-ceo-...pretending-he-gives-a-shit-about-rape-victims
    NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre Needs to Stop Pretending He Gives a Shit About Rape Victims

• Like Like x 1
  24. System Member

guilty.....faith in humanity restored
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Gottabrain Member

• Like Like x 3
  26. Anonymous Member

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/01/09/lessons-from-steubenville/
    It’s all one big Lifetime movie waiting to happen. So what can we learn from this?
    1. I think this is a given, but Lesson #1: Don’t sexually assault people.
    2. If someone is being sexually assaulted or is in a compromised position, don’t Instagram it. Perhaps think instead about intervening or calling the police.
    3. If you do make the stupid mistake of Instagramming it, don’t then sue a person because they repost your Instagram.
    4. Don’t make a video making jokes about the sexual assault and then upload it to the Internet.
    5. For the parents: Know what your kids are doing on social networks. If you see anything like this, it’s time for a little talk.
    Goddard was inspired by the incident to start a “CreepYourKids” website. “It’s your duty to be nosy,” she says.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/01/09/lessons-from-steubenville/
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

Or you could try being a parent and bring you kids up to know right from wrong. It's not that hard.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. PresidentShaw Member

Does it matter?
  29. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Snowcrash
    • Like Like x 2
  31. WMAnon Member

Actually, we should encourage these shits to record and publish evidence of their actions. The conviction never would have happened without all the evidence they willingly put on the record.
    • Like Like x 4
  32. Anonymous Member

Was it? I'd forgotten.

Also the new Iain Banks novel.
  33. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Not really. Just sounds very eerily GOPish. If I am wrong, I am out 50 nets, so not a big deal either way.

Back to the topic: This is why I hates not having internet at home because I only heard about the verdict on TV. The only reason I even had the TV on was because I was bored as hell. Still, to respond to the verdict:

CjJwc8V.jpg

Justice was served and the defense team's BS defense was owned properly. As for the two rapists' &quot;emotional&quot; response, all I have to say is:

your+tears+are+delicious.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 2
  34. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

Tweets from his the convicted rapists friends;

Obviously they haven't learned anything

36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

38. fishypants Moderator

39. Anonymous Member

I'll ignore the Lifetime movie comment. Surviving a sexual assault DOES take a lifetime of healing, but...

The only lesson that should be gleaned from this, and taught to everyone is - DON'T SEXUALLY ASSAULT anyone (or any thing). Why is this so damn hard?

#2, 3, 4 are "cover your ass" lessons, IMNSHO.

#5 - Don't wait for that "little talk". By the time you "see anything like this" <see #2, 3,4> it's likely too late.

Also, "no means no", "if they're slurring, vomiting, passed out, they're probably not that into you right now", and "just because s/he doesn't say no doesn't mean s/he is saying yes."
    • Like Like x 3
  40. Anonymous Member

http://ow.ly/i/1HX5m

What is that I hear? Oh, I bet it's the sound of a motor running...as someone's about to get v&....
    • Like Like x 2