Customize

The Steubenville Rape Case Goes To Trial - GUILTY!!!

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by System, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Yeah, they are "innocent". They should definitely appeal. Get a jury trial and get the sentences doubled.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fishypants Moderator

The sentences do seem very light.

Compared to the proposed sentence for Aaron Swartz, for example.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Anonymous Member

1 sexual assault = 1 public domain file downloaded.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  5. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 4
  6. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  7. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

You know... I would have thought Fox News would have come to the defense of these lower than scum, murderers and thieves long before CNN would.

Boy was I sadly wrong and mistaken.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. System Member

i hear more charges will be brought up
  9. TMOT Member

Excellent work on this, Anon! THANK YOU!

Seeing the activism around this has inspired me to link up with my local cel for some direct scientology enturbulation. I'm generally much more of an online/sphere of influence activist - not into personal confrontation, I guess. But I have been working against those guys for years. I totally sppreciated what Anon was doing, but it always seemed like such a rough and tumble boys' club (and I have little patience for trolling trolls). But, seeing Anon stepping up to fight rape culture really opened my eyes that there is much moar here. Good jorb!

Here's a photo of two anons hugging after the verdict was announced; my favorite from yesterday's coverage. I seem to remember them from the Plain-Dealer video...

article-2294748-18BC926B000005DC-975_634x448.jpg

Thank you! Keep up the good work!
    • Like Like x 6
  10. anonfly Member

The teens found guilty!
  11. PresidentShaw Member

12. fishypants Moderator

Aw. Fox doesn't like us.

We must be doing something right. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. System Member

little annoyed no news/coverage gave us credit for bring this to light
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Keep in mind that we might not be the Anonymous you are looking for. As much as I'm proud of the Steubenville anons, they might not be "us" as it were. They might be Scientology protestors; they might be for information freedom; they might be t337 haxors; they could be against Aliens fornicating fluoridating the water supply; they could just be good people who saw that something had to be done and picked up a mask; individually they could be all or none of those.

That's the nature of Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. fishypants Moderator

Be fair, Fox noticed.

Anyway, if credit is what you want then don't be Anonymous.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

Some of us here are.

(But some of us aren't).

Think of Anonymous as a bunch of different special-interest-groups glued together.
  17. System Member

yeah but fox felt bad for the rapist -.-
  18. fishypants Moderator

And that's one of many reasons why I'm happy that they don't like us.

TheSun_Hack1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

Go to your momma if you wants your bum patted, anons don't seek fame or credit, other work to do out there, move on and just feel good.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Thanks. In a far away state, in last week, for the first time the high school principle turned up in a big annual local music concert performed by elementary to high school students in the area. He still talked about football, but all he can say is that the smartest kids OF the football team are in the offensive line.
  22. eddieVroom Member

steubenville.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  23. Anonymous Member

Boo hiss the media
  24. TMOT Member

I get all that, but thanks for the clarification.
    Let's just say that for a long time, I haz had a very dim view of certain /b/ehaviors (which have affected me directly) so I wanted no part of it, even though I deeply supported most of the Anon goals. So I cheered from the sidelines. But this, and looking at recent documentations of other actions and lurking here in general, have shown me this is actually something I can get behind. So, you may or may not be the same anons (of course it is always some sort of venn diagram) but either way, you get credit for bringing in one moar. :)
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Anonymous Member

What has CBS said?
  26. Anonymous Member

Anonymous raped Steubenville town and sent a photograph home to daddy. If you ask me, they were begging for it.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

What I am finding hilarious about CNN's bawwwing about these low-lifes they consider "promising" is that there is already a backlash shitstorm heading CNN's way.
    • Like Like x 5
  28. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  29. eddieVroom Member

The victim has been outed:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/fox-news-steubenville-rape-victim_n_2901635.html
  30. another123 Member

Haters gonna hate. (...and apparently don't understand how the interbutt werks)
    CBS2: Teens Arrested For Death Threats Against Steubenville Rape Victim
  31. Anonymous Member

The town needs to move on from this, lesons learned, maybe a revamp or a name change will help the world forget what went on.

Stupidville would seem a good alternative.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. eddieVroom Member

33. White Tara Global Moderator

No Stuebenville should never be allowed a name change, it should never be allowed to forget what it's society allowed to happen in its midst. lest it happen again.
    • Like Like x 4
  34. Anonymous Member

It's the culture of the entire town. Maybe they are football- mad, but fuck its girls and boys and adults all showing a lack of judgement and empathy. The whole thing is the "fault "of the teen girl. The worst comment "young ladies your decisions can ruin lives" is from a woman. It looks like they did it to a 14 year old girl too. The victim is going thru hell, but she saved other children. Other entitled football star/ good students saw these guys punished.
    People like this abuse anyone weaker, bet there were some sexually assaulted boys in Stuebenville.
    • Like Like x 4
  35. Anonymous Member

I'm sure that this has been going on for decades, but the victims remained silent or were not believed. And it's not just in Stupidville.

It's fortunate that the same ignorance that breeds a rape culture now breeds people who carry and use surveillance devices to document their own crimes and then publish the evidence on public social media sites.
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

Double edged sword Im afraid. The social media aspect of published trophy shots may vindicate the victim in the long run. but it doubles the anguish of the victim by making their humiliation and victimisation public. its horrendous for the victim not to have the choice to remain quiet and nurse their wounds in private. Some need that more than vindication. fact.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. System Member

• Like Like x 2
  38. System Member

history is deemed to repeat itself only way we can stop it is to learn from our mistakes and hope future generations learn from us
  39. fishypants Moderator

What the fuck do those arseholes think they are doing?

Publicly naming (and in the case of many of these media outlets, shaming and accusing) an underage rape victim would be very illegal here in the UK.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Anonymous Member

Yeah, well don't expect those /b/haviours to stop, is all.

This isn't a sea-change - Anonymous is neither better nor worse than it was before.