Customize

The Sun: Ceasing anti-seizure meds a fatal mistake

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by dontmakemeangry, Jan 7, 2009.

1. The Sun: Ceasing anti-seizure meds a fatal mistake

Could Jett have been saved? | The Sun |News

2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: The Sun: Ceasing anti-seizure meds a fatal mistake

Sounds good. Thanks.
  3. Mutante Member

I know it's a balanced argument but this is a good example of why I don't think it's helpful to issue a press release that recycles information that's already out there UNLESS (as has been said by others):

• anonymous is launching a new website covering the Purif etc. (GREAT IDEA)
    • anonymous has information that the press is missing (like references linking disabilities - including autism - to 'degraded being' status)
    • anonymous can clearly expose a series of outright lies in 'Church' of Scientology press releases as a point-by-point rebuttal (WAIT a bit until they're done parading celebity gimps and spewing Blinky fluff)
    • etc.

If journos are getting any of their information from anonymous resources in the first place then our job is done every time we all post more info here and harpoon more.

tl;dr surprisingly good article for a tabloid.
  4. auchraw Member

All these expert reports and other press stories confirm what I've been feeling: that we have done all we need to do about the death of Jett Travolta, that the media are now well aware of all the angles and will take it as far as it goes, that Scientology has not got a workable story, that it is increasingly clear that it is not a joke but a scandal and dangerous. Anonymous has moved the spread of information to the point where this is possible. So what's next?
  5. Re: The Sun: Ceasing anti-seizure meds a fatal mistake

Article.... after article.... after article....

Keep manning the harpoons, follow up the attacks, keep on kicking them while they are down. Maximise the damage caused.
  6. pardmepard Member

The pic in that article rips my heart. I think of the report of him saying sorry to Jett when he died over and over and I see this pic and I rage.

We need to let John know that if he desires backup on going after Scientology's doctrine of discrimination against people with disabilities, we will be there.

We need to also let him know if he doesn't he is going down with scientology.

I really hope John wakes up, but sadly I doubt it.

But already from all the reports, doubt is also apart of John and Kelly now, so there is a slight chance.
  7. Mutante Member

Lovely. But, why not aim your compassion at the thousands of other kids and parents struggling with epilepsy and austism, and do something extra to prevent them ever falling for the sick lies of Scientology? Maybe you could help keep someone alive.

Spending your time saying nice things about bad parents doesn't bring dead people back to life. It's your choice.
  8. IComeInPeace Member

Good that they're getting the message out there but the headline sucks IMHO;

JETT Travolta's decision to stop taking anti-seizure medication was a FATAL mistake, some medics claim.

Like it was Jett's decision to stop taking it.............. arseholes!
  9. Top Grunge Member

Of course it was his decision to make! Hes a million year old thetan after all with no autism at all.
  10. Kilia Member

11. afternon Member

I expect the cult will just use John's vulnerability to make him do more (expensive) courses and endless sec. checks for "overts" and "withholds". If John was to blow- that's be fantastic, but I'll bet the cult are doing everything to prevent him (and they have years of "confessions" to blackmail him with).

Jett's death needs to be followed up- if $cientology's ridiculous anti-medical stance caused his death- the world needs to know and it will help less famous people from similar negligence.
  12. Re: The Sun: Ceasing anti-seizure meds a fatal mistake

*nothing* brings dead retards back to life. Not even Checksheet 1968, "Dissemination of Material" p.75

Saying nice things about bad parents doesn't educate other parents to avoid similar tragedies.
  13. ARC Member

Re: The possibility that CoS can blackmail John Travolta it would hurt themselves a lot more than it would hurt him. They'd look like bastards, and he can just brush it off as stuff he mocked up in the auditing session - false memory effect, and making up fake crimes to get out of the session etc.
  14. Mutante Member

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout.

There is so much sauce in that link.

[IMG]
  15. Panama Member

Does this remind anyone of the Scrubs episode where the 15 year-old epilepsy patient is told if she doesn't take her anti-seizure meds, she would die? I thought of that last night, it'd be great if the episode airs sometime in the next week.

I wonder why the Travoltas didn't try another medication. You'd think that would be the rational decision. I've switched asthma medications three times, there was never a point where I thought "this inhaler has bad side effects, oh well I guess I'll go without treatment then."
  16. dwest Member

The rumors have been flying for years that the Co$ has been blackmailing him. These date back prior to his marriage. Some of them were passed on to me from Scios.
  17. IComeInPeace Member

Maybe I’m out and out naïve BUT surely if he NEEDED to get out of the mad arse cult (especially if the life of his son depended on it) WHAT could be SO BAD that they could hold it over his head to stay? Surely the worse that could happen is that he’d lose his fame for some indiscretion or the other? So what if he's gay in this day and age? He’d made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life, as I say maybe I’m naïve but what could be THAT bad? Plus I’m sure he’d have a few things on them. God I hope he comes to his senses.
  18. Re: The Sun: Ceasing anti-seizure meds a fatal mistake

I suspect they were severely spooked by the CCHR anti-medicine propaganda, and they were probably pressured by auditors to stop using psych drugs. And there's the fear of chemicals they keep bringing up in reference to Kawasaki syndrome (which is not even relevant to the seizure that killed Jett)
  19. dwest Member

I have no idea why he is so fearful. Perhaps he thinks that it will ruin his "macho image". I also hope he comes to his senses.
  20. subgenius Member

21. ARC Member

Should we do something to prepare the ground for people blowing? Inform the public about the false memory effect and how people sometimes admit to crimes they didn't really admit? Then even if they have taped confessions the public understands that they were extracted under a thought reform program? Then the reaction wouldn't be "Haha John Travolta did those things?" but rather "Holy shit, Scientology is so crazy that John Travolta admitted to those things"?

Not easy though:

The first problem would be those "crimes" which there is other evidence for. The second problem would be that educating Joe Blow about these concepts might be hard.

But if CoS makes stuff public they would also be very vulnerable for lawsuits, even if they did it through third parties, kinda like if you leak something from somebody's psychiatric record. I mean CoS staff members are known to gossip about the content of ethics folders and PC folders, but to make stuff public would be another matter.

An auxiliary operation would be to inform the Sea Org members that most of the paperwork they've signed is unenforceable in court and that they are free to leave. [Insert new friends and family, and education here.]
  22. Re: The Sun: Ceasing anti-seizure meds a fatal mistake

Good find Subgenius!
  23. subgenius Member

Not me it was in one of the posts above.