Customize

The updater for the Mark Ultra VIII E-Meter has an interesting feature

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Fényképezőgép, Dec 7, 2013.

1. jensting Member

<shrug> An Arduino board, some appropriate voltage controlled resistors and Ralph's e-meter off https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/E-Meter/Ralph_Hilton/index.htm
    Just stir and add software.
    EDIT: Just make it look like a USB joystick. Either use hardware (push-buttons + LEDs?) or a management interface in software to set the "tone arm."
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I wonder if this thread is enough evidence for the cult to be able to subpoena WWP to get the identity of the posters. "Technically" cracking the emeter is illegal, so the fucks might use that to identity people here.
  3. rof Member

We just blame me for everything.

It was me, I did it.
  4. Anonymous Member

You might need to word clear, "evidence."
  5. Rewrote that a bit to make it more friendly towards paths containing spaces, and to shut up about "X is a directory", etc:
    $ find . -print0 | xargs -0 grep -s "^:[0-9]a-fA-F]"
    Ran it from the root of the disk image containing the updater. The only thing that matches that is the binary from a copy of this framework, which is not particularly interesting for our purposes—no fun hexadecimal games to play with it. There are a couple strings I pulled from the main binary that tell us a bit about the way it communicates with the update website, e.g. "ERROR: Cannot use non-HTTPS base URL: %@" and "dataFromBase64UrlString:". What would really be useful is the chance to watch it as it downloads an update, but I'm not sure how we're going to get such an opportunity at this point.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. hokum Member

Ah well, worth a try.
  7. hokum Member

Err - I spy a spurious right square bracket in your regex.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. My bad, haha. My .bash_history has only the correct brackets; I made a typo when writing that here.
  9. Anonymous Member

lol bracket fags
  10. We bracket-fags use them in regular expressions to specify groups of characters, any one of which counts as a match. [13579] matches any odd digit. [0-9] matches any digit. [A-F] matches A, B, C, D, E, F (but not a, b, c, d, e, f), etc.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

Do you print your output in Brackett red?
  12. Anonymous Member

I've seen cases filed with less evidence tbh.....
  13. Anonymous Member

I fucking dare them. This new e-meter shenanigan is already questionable legal. If the IRS got wind about this, they would probably re-investigate their tax exempt status and pull it. You have to remember that this is not the only thing going on in cult land: we have lawsuits, books written, and other evidence that they are not meeting the criteria set to be a tax exempt entity. then there is the potential that they stole the software inside the e-meter, the lack of any reporting on the contents to the SEC(for conflict materials) etc etc. The foot bullet would be so big that they would no longer have any feet.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Take this FWIW: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ibited&amp;p=990238&amp;viewfull=1#post990238

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ibited&amp;p=990242&amp;viewfull=1#post990242
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jensting Member

• Like Like x 3
  16. L. Ron Hubbard claimed that he used Dianetics to cure himself of blindness and paralysis following injuries allegedly suffered during his distinguished heroic military career in WWII that concluded with him being presented 21 medals of valor. He also developed the power to shit bricks from his 'Research'.

His naval papers show that he was actually a complte fraud who suffered only from routine conjunctivitis and was not paralyzed in way, shape or form. Hubbard received only 4 routine service medals in WWII, not the 21 medals of stolen valor this coward falsely claimed.

He needed the ability to shit bricks to use as ballast for his many trips to Venus and all about the Van Allen Belt where he currently does more 'research on Incident II. Incident I can be summed up in LRH's ability to shit bricks.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RightOn Member

There was an article in the Enquirer that caught my eye because Travolta was on corner of the cover with the "Scientology's Secret Travolta Sex File"
    which was really only a rehash of Karen dubbed again "The Queen of Scientology" talking about what Scientology has on it's celebrities and a few pics of Jonny T and her ex Heber....
    Anyways....
    the article I am talking about was titled "Vile Vets"
    "The Enquiere Exposed imposters who pretend to be war heros"
    L Ron should have been in this article.

There was also an article on fraud televangelist Joel Olsteen and how he is living high on the hog and using his church's donations to live like a king and further the sale of his books.

TWO stories that the Enquirer should have included both Hubbard and Nipplehead
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Quentinanon Member

Thanks to Bill Clinton, the U.S. Congress and the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act.
    • Like Like x 1