Customize

The War Against Scientology, Tom Cruise, John Travolta & Kirstie Alley’s Religion, Explained

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by CommunicatorIC, Jan 12, 2014.

• Like Like x 8
  1. Random guy Member

Celebrity based, but not a bad start on the trip down the rabbit hole!
  2. RightOn Member

After all, it is Ego-tology
  3. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Someone poon this over to the Radar Staff. I kept clicking hoping to find some reference to this aspect of the cult conflict, but it wasn't there.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/01/12/ga...l-talks-about-women-forced-to-have-abortions/

Transcriptions of the relevant parts of these two videos, put into print, would likely allow the gleaning of a bevy of headline- and teaser-worthy material.

JS - J Swift
    GW - Gary Weber, former Guardian Office, FLAG Base

JS: Tell me about forced abortions at FLAG Land Base
    GW: OK, Well, there was an order that came out that said no more babies at FLAG for the Sea Org.
    (ONSCREEN): For decades, Sea Org members have been coerced into abortions paid for by the taxpayer. Those who refuse may be kicked out and threatened with bankruptcy.
    GW: This is a rough story if we're gonna tell..but um..So anyway, what it was, I remember getting a list of all the executives that were um, pregnant, and I had..-they- Ethics were working with them, but I was organizing the um motor pool - oh yeah, the reason it got to be such a big deal with the Guardian's office was because there were so many abortions that were being done, they were being done at the Clearwater free clinic. Of course they were sent to the free clinic to get done, there were so many, so the Guardian's office had to get them to different locations so it wouldn't look like the "church" is having all these abortions. So, we got motor pool and a motor pool would go to like St. Pete free clinic, you know, and get their abortions, and it was a big van of executives, and the list would come in. I mean - It's - It's horrifying now to even think about what I did back then.

JS: What year was this when they ordered no more babies in Sea Org?
    GW: It was ... '82 I think it was? I think it was 1982, I'm not sure, it's so long ago.
    JS: How many women do you think you drove to get abortions?
    (ONSCREEN): Hundreds of fetuses were aborted in just this incident at just this location...
    GW: I didn't do the driving, but I organized all the vans that went to different places, you know, St. Petersburg, the free clinics, and then Dave "Revel," was the, uh, the guy motorpool, that was, um... he would be the one that would be driving, & setting it up, & things like that, but basically the Guardian's office was more concerned with the press, rather than making sure the abortions were being done, that was being done by Ethics. Now what happened to me, which kind of was a personal story, was my wife gets pregnant at this point in time...

---------
    GM - Gary "Jackson" Morehead, former head of security, Gold Base
    MB - Mark Bunker

GM: I was in charge of the council that monitored the information we had on staff who wanted to had kids. When it happened, it was observed that the women were put down this path. They all would end up having an abortion. Now, I was part of the inner workings where... we needed to figure out who was going to sit down and have this conversation with this girl. Who is an- who is an influence over their life? That's the way it works. Who is an influence? 'Cause then we have to report up to RTC, ultimately to Dave [Miscavige], 'cause our reports hit his desk. And you'd do that, it's like, you know that this is going to The Man - to The Man, ok? (chuckles)...
    GM: We would address the sensitivity of it, but it would be to the moti- to the benefit of the group. It would be- It wasn't [sic] be like, "Listen bitch, you need to get an abortion," - it's like, "Hey listen, you know, how you doing?" You know, who's the best person to have that conversation with 'em, whether it was a guy or girl, their father, if their father was on Staff or their mother, you'd go that route. And the girl would be convinced to have an abortion. Or, she would come out saying, so fearful, that she would herself self-elect on me to get an abortion, just in an effort to avoid...
    MB: But the path always was, "Let's convince her to get an abortion,"
    GM: Yes sir. That is a no joke.
  5. 488050_3867108308951_183482991_n.jpg
  6. GibbousWaxing Member

I kept thinking of these sleazeballs while watching The Wolf of Wall Street. Funny how the guy the movie's based on is now in the inspirational seminars business (a seething mass of Hubbard wannabes).
    • Like Like x 3
  7. AnonKat Member

Alsoo they "dress up" butt basicly their real "Thetan" is showing.
  8. DeathHamster Member

The Miscavige-ified (short) version:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnonKat Member

They did a preventive IRL shoop themselves
  11. Anonylemmi Member

Bump. The link in the OP is a keeper.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fishypants Moderator

13. muldrake Member

Maybe Clooney can play him in the movie eventually. Of course he'll have to shape up a bit to be good looking enough.
    • Like Like x 3