Customize

Theft of Public Services

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by xenubarb, May 4, 2011.

1. xenubarb Member

I had a chance to pick the brain of a cop who works for the county. He is not unfamiliar with Scientology and knows our detective.

When I asked about the incessant calls during raids from Scientology, the repeated visits to the org from patrol cars that could be spending their time better, he said the way to approach it is from a "theft of public services" standpoint. Despite what other officers have told us, we apparently CAN request records from raid days regarding calls from a particular (1330 4th Ave) address.

It would be interesting if all cells did this with their local PD. Loldon did it and the big spike in complaints was from the org. Second was a rowdy pub in the 'hood.

When you put a whole lot of little bits into a bigger picture, sometimes it becomes significant.
    • Like Like x 11
  2. I like the idea but where do we go from there? Yes just about every ORG calls the police on days we raid. Yes it's possible to obtain that information. BUt now what? What do we do with that?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. RightOn Member

dooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
  4. Anonymous Member

Interesting- theft of public services.
    I'm not sure if it is comparable- but in my area, false burglar alarms were costing too much money (cops coming out.) Now- homes are "fined" after a certain number of false alarms. I think it came about after a city council vote. Sure- the cops will still come- but you "pay" for false reporting.
  5. Anonymous Member

One possibility is to lobby local government to pass a law that fines anyone who makes multiple frivolous calls to police.
    First time is warning, followed by an ever increasing scale of fines. There may even already be such a local law.

If you can show how much tax money the Scientology enterprise is wasting, the newspaper might cover it too.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. You could use this to point out what a tremendous waste of their resources it is, especially in these economic times. The only violence at any raid has been committed by or at the behest of the CoS. Had to add that last bit because of the 44 situation in Nashvegas. Brb. Bologna sammich.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. BigBeard Member

http://www.lapdonline.org/communications_division/content_basic_view/6461

Need to start asking responding officers if the call came in on 911, and file a complaint if it did. Note that in California 911 is for life or death emergencies only.

There may be similar laws in other areas. Personally, I'd like to see this made a Federal law.

BigBeard
  8. adhocrat Member

Not true. If I break a leg I call 9-11. It is not life or death, only an emergency that dictates 9-11 calls. Fires, break ins, whatever lots of non life or death matters are appropriate for 911.

In California we have 311 for non emergency, for example, noisy neighbors or those mean people waving signs in front of the building.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BigBeard Member

Ooops! Got focused on the first part of the paragraph, and missed the last bit. But 911 still not for complaining about protesters out front.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  10. timthephoto Member

collate the dox in a single place and get someone with letters after their name to write a report on that data
    • Like Like x 1
  11. that's the best Idea I've heard so far...

Though was all the sniping really necessary?
  12. And sort of this... maybe a hybrid between post above and this one?
  13. timthephoto Member

2 p's in snipping. inb4 spellingnazi

:D :D