Customize

Think Marty Rathbun and LRH are great?

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Think Marty Rathbun and LRH are great?

I tried to think of an analogy to this that would make sense to me and it came to me after watching the Lord of the Rings

lol
  3. Anonymous Member

OK, and what was that analogy that you thought of after watching the Lord of the Rings?
  4. Anonymous Member

read the link
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

See, the thing about posting anonymously is that nobody has any way of oh screw it.
  6. Anon-007 Member

And did it involve lube? ;)
  7. Tenebrous Member

If the tech allowed you to knock the shit out of waves of elves I'd be all for it. The problem is it doesn't even fucking do that. It'd be one thing if there was actually any kind of measurable result, but there's only anecdotal nonsense. It's just the sad, wishful thinking of desperate individuals.
  8. POS Member

Yes, people don't like feeling powerless and will pay gobs if you tickle their ears and be sold an illusion that they think empowers them, but it only leads them further into the pit from which this bullshit came from.
  9. Anonymous Member

Good analogy. In many ways the process of KSW is like a drug addiction. People will get on drugs to fill a need or nurture their emotions. In some case the person's body will stop reacting to the chemicals and become ineffective. Taking a lot of pain relievers for a long period of time will lead to the ineffectiveness of the chemicals. In the same way, Scientology the tech will start to have less wins and KSW will take over. Slowly as the mind is so much degraded at being able to decode real world issues, it will be very vulnerable. The persons mind is going to look for something to help comfort itself as it is no longer getting those highs like it was at the beginning.
  10. ladybug2 Member

Marty makes me sick. Claims to have all this information about people suffering, being locked up against their will, ect... Yet he sits on this. I think because he is worried it will bring down Scientology and then he can't take over the kingdom and all its treasures
  11. Anonymous Member

wandering metaphors to Lord of the Rings =! opening a can of fucking whoop ass

also: what, we are supposed to be impressed that someone said that Scientology is insane?
  12. DeathHamster Member

Marty's no Saruman, since he never was "the white". (More like the lieutenant of the Barad-dûr, who wants Sauron gone, but please don't muss up the throne room, tnx!)

saruman-with-a-guitar.jpg
  13. Re: Think Marty Rathbun and LRH are great?

Lube and an eighth of weed.
  14. xenubarb Member

Marty Wormtongue...yeah.
  15. FUCK Member

awesome article.
  16. Anonymous Member

Who's going to do the honours regarding Marty-Shoops?
  17. Re: Think Marty Rathbun and LRH are great?

If you are looking for something you can apply to people in order to manipulate them and control them, then Hubbard's material might be of some value. If you are looking for something that will help better you as an individual, than Hubbard's material will be of no use to you. Hubbard's material is solely intended to produce loyal cult member who unconditionally supporter the cult.
  18. BTs2Free Member

This was my analogy in that posting, but it seems that there are ex-Scientologists who will continue to try to find the "good" or "workable" in the Tech no matter what. The argument continues over at ESMB, and some of the responses are really interresting, some of them are illogical.

I tried to think of an analogy to this that would make sense to me and it came to me after watching the Lord of the Rings series recently. Anyone who’s familiar with the books or movies will get this and I’ll try to explain it so anyone reading this will see the parallels. Sorry if it’s not the best analogy.

The dark lord Sauron created the Ring of Power from the fires of Mordor giving the ring ultimate power. Anyone using this ring would have tremendous power, enough to destroy entire armies or resistances with the ultimate end of world domination. The peoples and races of Middle Earth knew that the ring would give them this power, they knew the ring WORKED and wanted to use its power to defeat Sauron and his evil forces - even though they wanted to use it for the forces of good. Despite the fact they knew the ring would provide this power for their purposes, the council of the races decided that the ring would have to be destroyed and not used at all. Frodo Baggins and Sam were given the ultimate responsibility to travel to Mt. Doom and destroy the ring with the fires from which the ring was originally created. Frodo being as clean and good hearted as he was, during his journey, was continuously tempted by the ring’s power, the ring was trying to take over him and brainwash him into basically becoming a slave to its power. The ring did this to anyone who had it for some time. The creature Gollum, once being a River Folk, similar to a Hobbit, had the ring for 500 years and it turned him into a crazy little creature. Even Gollum knew that the ring could not get back into the hands of Sauron, but he loved the ring, his “precious” so much that he would try to kill anyone who took it from him. He craved the power of the ring, but having a good heart underneath all of his evil multiple personalities, the ring only had the power to derange him to the point of just wanting to keep the "precious" for himself, despite the destruction of his sanity.

The way I see it, it’s people like Marty Rathbun who fall into this Gollum category. I’m not saying that Marty is a Gollum-like “creature”, but I feel that the Tech or the assumed “power” of the Tech has crept under his skin and others like him to the point that they just want it - because it “works.” They don’t look at or even realize that the Tech was created by an evil or insane man whose sole purpose was power and control over those who would reach for it. Scientology or Hubbard’s goal ultimately being world domination.

My main point being, even if the Tech does “work,” just like the Ring of Power, who created it and for what purposes? That’s what people need to look at. My opinion being anything created for the forces of evil, even if it does provide personal power, will ultimately only result in destruction and power for evil, even despite “good intentions” or “personal gains.”
  19. FreakE420 Member

lindsay_lohan_gollum-2.jpg
  20. BTs2Free Member

In response to other reasons for justifying the Tech, I said this:

Don't be offended but I probably should have named the thread: The Polishers of Turd - you're right, "Loyalist" is Wonky if not outright Bonky.

Like my grandpa used to say, "You cannot polish a turd."

And in the case of the Tech being the Turd, it also eminated from an a-hole: Hubbard. A major a-hole.

No matter how much you try to polish it, or pick things out from it that can be recycled or of value, it came from the same orifice and still stinks, no matter what you do. Unless of course you're trying to manicure your lawn. Maybe the thread should be called "We Do Our Own Lawns, and For a Price, Yours."

True, we all know that the Co$ and David Miscavige have been suppressors with the Turd. Some call it Black Dianetics/Scientology. IMO it was black either way - was there really a white side ever? I'll go so much as giving it a grey on the side of black. Any new leader trying to "clean up" the place after the downfall of DM and minions, will just be attempting major Turd polishing IMO.

We can even take earlier aspects of the Turd like "Science of Survival" and we find the Tone Scale. Hubbard saying that anyone below 2.0 should be disposed of "quietly and without sorrow." Would one sifting for the good things of the Turd reject this piece or just try to polish over it? "Hey man, that Tone Scale, he was really on to something there!"

It was mentioned earlier that Newton was into "alchemy" and would have been killed for those beliefs at the time but of course he brought to our attention the Law of Gravity - oh we are stupid humans! Being stupid Wogs as well, I guess someday it will be proven scientifically that Hubbard and his helpers had a lot of things right - Laws of the Universe! Come on now.

I still smell something.
  21. FreakE420 Member

22. DeathHamster Member

Always a good rejoinder for that kind of fallacy:
    (No insult to the great Bozo intended, I'm sure.)