Customize

"This find-the-ruin, bait-and-switch mentality is woven into the woof and warp of Scientology"

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

As previously noted on numerous occasions, KSW has left the building, and not everything bad in Scientology is the fault of DM. There are, in fact, imperfections in the core religious philosophy of Scientology.

Marty: What We Do, Part One
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/07/28/what-we-do-part-one/

• Like Like x 2
  2. jensting Member

Hang on, I agree with that. And Marty doesn't qualify that statement at all. Impressive.
  3. Anonymous Member

Good grief! Is there, anywhere, a greater collection of Scientology "acceptable truths" gathering in a single publication than in Marty Rathbuns booklet?
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Anonymous Member

Sounds like perhaps he is going to pitch a better way. "Miscavige can't do it....but I can"
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Random guy Member

No, this has the distinct sound of Ratbun slowly but surely making his way to the surface.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

if he doesn't get caught in the woof and warp of his own making

I do wish he'd quit using that phrase. I'm seeing him trapped in a fabric of his own making, caught up in the 'woof and warp' like a fly in a spiderweb.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. His woof is worfe than his Worf...or something like that...in any case, it all sounds a bit woolly to me.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. tinfoilhatter Member

unfortunately, he is still a scilon, a rouge scilon, but a scilon none the less, and there fore he is insane, and dangerous.
  9. Anonymous Member

What does his fashion sense have to do with anything?
    • Like Like x 3
  10. fishypants Moderator

So it's both fraudulent and yet 'client-centred' (by which I think he means 'all about doing the right thing for individual people, but expressed in a way that sounds like medical jargon'), in Marty's mind.

motivator_cognitive_dissonance.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
  11. tinfoilhatter Member

I r gurud at spelin i has been to amrecur pubic skulzs
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

Perhaps. It seems to me to indicate that his Scientological world view is slowly melting, and he's finding himself needing to step back from the edge of the ice floe as it drifts further away from the Hubbardian polar waters. He's conceding some important points here, which I don't think he's been willing to do previously. What remains -- carving out something worthwhile and openly defensible from Scientology -- is going to prove quite challenging, but that was already the case; there is no "there" there, as he is gradually and begrudgingly discovering. But will he go the rest of the way or just become a senile Ronbabbler in his closing years?
    • Like Like x 5
  13. tinfoilhatter Member

I hope your right. He had been in CO$ for too long, and it is pretty traumatic to have your entire religious philosophy disproved to be a fraud. It makes me feel really bad for the 2nd and third generation scilons for when they discover the truth.

also keep in mind that Mr rathburn did some terrible things for CO$. Part of why he holds on to his beliefs is because he committed crimes and atrocities for them, once those beliefs are abandoned, he will have to live with the truth that he committed evil, and that he has harmed the world.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. JohnnyRUClear Member

"cognitive dissonance"
    • Like Like x 1

16. "Woof and warp"

It is almost certainly a Hubbard thing. Hubbard used "woof and warp" on some Study Tape lecture for the Student Hat Course. Scilons tend to pick up on Uncle Ronnie's choice of words and use them for the rest of their Scilon lives.

Hubbard's choice of words often came off as affectations especially when he moved to England. The verbal equivalent of wearing an ascot, I guess. Even before then his choice of words in his Scilon books seemed to come from the late nineteenth century. The effect that it has on a young Scilon listening to or reading Hubbard is similar to being a kid and visiting an old person's house. It is a little strange at first because everything is yellow with age. Hubbard's words were just as smelly.

Since playing the amateur psychologist is a fun thing to do; I would say that Marty using those three words tells me a thing or two and I am not impressed. His writing makes me cringe as all indies and FZers do but he really seems to go way beyond those people. It is almost as if he has nothing better to do with his life except start another cult with him as the founder and leader.

I just hope he does some damage to the C of S at the same time.
    • Like Like x 7
  17. You are so polite: "imperfectiooooonnnnsssss"? All right, if he says so....

They are not imperfections, those are viruses, pustules of pus from the demented infectious creature.

Rathbun is a pus gnome :eek:
  18. rickybobby Member

Euw. Just EUW.
  19. Anonymous Member

Hey! Finally found the name of my next band.

Pus Gnome
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Is that a Boil or aCarbuncle?

Neither, its a Pus Gnome.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. If he has a conscience what you say may be true.