Customize

THIS IS THE ZIMMERMAN THREAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huffmaster7700, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”
    Maurice Switzer
  2. Anonymous Member

You do know manslaughter was an option for the jury, right?
  3. Anonymous Member

He was tried and found innocent. I personally think he causes the event by following the teenager in the dark, and that it doesn't matter if Trayvon beat him first. However he was found innocent.
    Running around posting death threats is stupid, but doesn't come close to the stupid of asking WWP to follow you in your vendetta. Piss off.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Anonymous Member

Great, the guy got off wonderful....Im sure he's in for a VERY fulfilling life...
  5. Jimbob Member

Hold on what did I do?
  6. moarxenu Member

7. Nona1984A Member

Trayvon was innocent. I put a typo at the beginning.
  8. Nona1984A Member

I understand though, Anonymous. I understand your feelings of your replies.
  9. amaX Member

Dershowitz is a defense lawyer who's very good at manipulating the justice system. A justice system that has nothing to do with the truth. His opinion of the George Zimmerman trial means fuck all because he's biased toward the defense and he knows how to spin it. He's smart, but that doesn't make him the good guy.

We teach our kids to protect themselves from strangers.
    A 17 year old kid is walking back home from a mini-mart.
    A scary looking wannabee cop is going to Target when he sees the kid walking in the neighborhood. In a hoodie. In the rain. His blood boils because he thinks this black kid is casing the neighborhood and he doesn't want that to happen.
    He follows the kid in the car. The kid notices. The kid is on the phone with a friend when the creepy looking guy in the car is now approaching him on foot even after being told by the 9-1-1 dispatcher to not follow.
    Trayvon is dead because he didn't know he was going to a gun fight that night and so all he was armed with was a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea.
    The punishment for walking through the neighborhood you're staying in should not be death.
    George Zimmerman had no idea who Trayvon Martin was or what Trayvon had done in his life when he killed that boy. And there was nothing that Trayvon Martin did that night or any other night of his life that warranted a death sentence.

I have a black friend who has a teenage son. She spent last night talking to her son about how to keep himself safe in this world. She will spend many days and nights schooling her child about this to try to keep him safe, but all of her efforts might be for naught if another George Zimmerman comes after her son.

I can't imagine the anger and fear that Black Americans must be feeling right now.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Nona1984A Member

African Americans realize America is racist now.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. amaX Member

Oh they knew it was racist before now. I think it's just a shock to them that racism is still so ingrained and prevalent nowadays.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nona1984A Member

I agree with you.
  13. I just want to point out that "Zimmerman" isn't white (Caucasian). We white folks don't want to be blamed for any of this.

Thanks,

Bob Dylan
  14. Nona1984A Member

Zimmerman is white/Hispanic
  15. Nona1984A Member

I wish I was on the occupy team.
  16. Anonymous Member

There is a point here that Dershowitz makes that deserves repeating, even tho he is an annoying egotist. Zimmerman, just like Barrett Brown, was overcharged in this case. I am betting the jury would have convicted this man of manslaughter, but the overzealous prosecuter threw the book at him, and then FAILED TO MAKE THE CASE IN COURT. She decided it was murder, charged with murder, when the evidence was only strong enough for manslaughter. The jury, rightly, called her on her error.

In our system of justice, you convict someone of a crime IN COURT, we don't just all watch the news, make up our minds, and then convict someone because we all "know" he is guilty. You have GOT to convince twelve Americans in a courtroom that a defendent committed a crime. Sometimes, if you actually watch a trial, you can clearly see that the case HAS NOT BEEN MADE, even though it seems pretty obvious to you that the guy is probably guilty. This is what keeps the system honest, and keeps innocent people from being railroaded. Sometimes dickheads go free for the court system to correct itself. Maybe next time the prosecutor will think a little harder about an appropriate charge for the crime, rather than what is the popular choice. SHE FUCKED UP, and Zimmerman benefitted from her error in judgement, or perhaps incompetence.

And yes, he still faces a civil suit. He is financially ruined, he will be litigating this for years, and I seriously doubt he will be killing anyone else. He will never live this down. I can sleep with this.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

There is a forum for that, you are free to post there. They have twitter accounts, too, that are easy to find. Hell, I even know some Occupy folks here in NC and would be happy to hook you up IRL with them. GO FOR IT.
  18. Nona1984A Member

I want to be hooked up.
  19. Boris Korczak Member

Honestly I don't care what will ever happen to Zimmerman. I hope he eats himself to death.
    I care that old KKK traditions prevailed again and an innocent black kid is dead and his killer is found not guilty.
    Justice was not done. (Oh, what a country).
    BTW - it is not Black Painters - it is Black Panthers.
    Stay safe.
    BK

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

NotOccupy01.jpg

NotOccupy02.jpg

NotOccupy17.jpg

NotOccupy07.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Jimbob Member

Kkk traditions? I wad unaware that the kkk supported mexicans lol.. yea I know he's only half mexican, but to white spremecist pricks it doesnt matter if you are 1/100 nonwhite, they still hate you... and I do agree that it is horrible that a kid died..for me comming from s neighborhood where gang violence is everywhere, I cant say I undetstand why that fucker persued treyvon, but to some extent I can undrstand the suspicion.. after all many people in his neighborhood were victims of home invasions and robberies, most likely done by gang members witch is usually the case. My point is everyone around there was pretty high strung, and ontop of it they live in a state that, like mine promotes conceal and cary as well as a stand your ground law...so imo you can thank the state that this bullshit happened in the furst place...people need to stop it with the race card its rediculous....
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Anonymous Member

Ofuckme
    You think they didn't notice til now?
  23. Anonymous Member

This
    • Like Like x 1
  24. moarxenu Member

Lupe Fiasco.jpg

RAPPER LUPE FIASCO ON ZIMMERMAN VERDICT: SYSTEM RELIES ON REASONABLE DOUBT, NOT EMOTIONS

Not every celebrity took to Twitter to lambaste the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the hotly debated case of Trayvon Martin's death.

Rapper Lupe Fiasco served up a series of thought-provoking tweets that, agree or disagree, set him apart from his peers.

Rub your face in it! Swallow down that hard pill! Black blood spills in the streets of America nightly at the hands other blacks.
    Yeah gimme that anger...once again that rage...that misguided angst when you true enemy is your own complacency and cowardice.
    Curse kick scream yell tweet unfollow. Don't matter to me if y'all don't start valuing yourselves NIGGERS will be in the same boat tomorrow
    Nobody knows what really happened except trayvon and Zimmerman. The justice system relies on reasonable doubt not our emotions.

• Like Like x 1
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Zimmerman's not guilty verdict shines troubling light on prosecutor's decision-making - Washington Times

Excerpt:

Under Florida Bar Rule 3.8, prosecutors in a criminal case are required to “refrain from prosecuting a charge that the prosecutor knows is not supported by probable cause… or make timely disclosure to the defense of all evidence or information known to the prosecutor that tends to negate the guilt of the accused or mitigates the offense…”

When considering whether or not the State is in compliance with that critical rule, recall the following:

Last year, when charges were originally filed, legal scholars criticized the State for reportedly withholding material evidence that supported Zimmerman’s self-defense claims. They reportedly withheld photographs of Zimmerman’s injuries when originally submitting an affidavit under oath. Florida’s special prosecutor Angela Corey made it clear that she believed it was her job was “to do justice for Trayvon Martin.”

She was wrong.

A prosecutor’s job is to do justice for everyone — and that includes protecting the defendant’s constitutional rights and ensuring he is not wrongly prosecuted without probable cause.

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/13/shapiro-zimmerman-jurys-verdict-shines-troubling-l/?page=all
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Couple glaring problems with that:

1) Zimmerman is Hispanic. The KKK hates all non white races. Forgive the language in my next sentence, but: Zimmerman was a wetback to them and would lynch him next to a nigger any day of the week.
    2) Casey Anthony. Remember her? She was tried in FL and found not guilty too and she was white trailer park trash. So maybe it is less to do with the Kool Kids Klub, and more to do with FL having a messed up legal system.

The ultimate tradition I am concerned about, and the heart of the problem, is the NRA's whackado's president Wayne LaPierre using this case as more "evidence" for more guns and more laws like "Stand Your Ground" should be in all 50 states.

I don't have to tell you how bad of an idea that is.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. moarxenu Member

Zimmerman: Anatomy Of A Deficient Probable Cause Affidavit

Posted on April 14, 2012 by bmaz
    images5thumbnail1.thumbnail1111111.jpeg
    Now that the dust has settled from the decision in the Zimmerman/Martin case not to proceed by grand jury by the Florida Special Prosecutor Angela Corey, and the decision to file a single count of second degree murder, I want to address a couple of critical topics in the case. First is the fact that there are serious questions as to the sufficiency of the probable cause affidavit that currently constitutes not just the core, but pretty much the entire basis for the state’s case.That will be the subject of the instant post. Second, will be a discussion of the mechanics of Florida’s procedure for implementing its “Stand Your Ground” law and a discussion of other pending procedural aspects of the case, and that will be covered in a followup post.
    A probable cause affidavit is exactly what it sounds like, a sworn affidavit delineating probable cause in a criminal case – whether it be to search a place, arrest a person or charge a crime. Whatever the particular purpose, the affidavit must delineate the factual basis to support the specific legal action sought to be pursued by the state. And the general principle common to all such affidavits, whether for search, arrest or charging, is that it must “stand on its own” based on “what is within its four corners”. In lay terms, that means there must not only be sufficient information to cover all requisite elements necessary for the action, all such support must be actually in the affidavit – not in some extraneous place or with some extraneous source.
    The Zimmerman affidavit is, at least by my analysis, wholly deficient for its purpose intended, i.e. to support the criminal charge under Florida law of second degree murder against Zimmerman.
    We will start with a look at what useful, and useable, information is actually contained in the affidavit. Here is a complete copy of the full three page affidavit filed by the State of Florida in the Zimmerman case. Other that captions, signatures and certifications, all pertinent information is contained in twelve text paragraphs on the first two pages. Let’s look at them:
    Paragraphs 1-3: The first three paragraphs give the names of the two investigators that are serving as the affiants for the affidavit and gives their background experience that qualifies them to do so. The investigators, O’Steen and Gilbreath both appear to be very experienced and appropriate for the task. No problems here.
    Paragraph 9: Paragraph nine starts the actual meat of the subject confrontation. Let’s look at it sentence by sentence.
    “Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued.” Okay, how do the affiants know this, did it come from Zimmerman’s statement? Some other unidentified witness? Was there surveillance video? we have no idea. Just another completely unsupported and unattributed statement lobbed out.
    Even if it were to be taken at face value, it at best relates that Zimmerman confronted Martin, it DOES NOT indicate who started the “struggle”. It is an absolutely critical fact, and there is no indication whatsoever given. If Zimmerman is to be charged with acting with a “depraved mind” it is hard to see how that could be if Martin started the actual physical, as opposed to verbal, “struggle”.
    But we do not know who did so, because the affiants did not include that. It is pretty clear there is no eyewitness or other direct evidence on this fact, because the next sentence reads “During this time period witnesses heard numerous call for help and some of these were recorded in 911 calls to police.”
    This is not only not attributed to specific witnesses (whether named or otherwise separately identified), nor is there any indication of how the affiants know it, it is completely harmless information. There is NO way to discern WHO was crying for help or whether both individuals were.
    The last sentence reads “Trayvon Martin’s mother has reviewed the 911 calls and identified the voice calling for help as Trayvon Martin’s voice.” Which 911 calls? just the one that Zimmerman made? Or were there others? Did the cops eliminate Zimmerman’s voice as making any pleas for help through voice print analysis?
    That is one of the first things that should have been done; seems telling there is no such evidence. Surely the cops recorded Zimmerman. Irrespective, even assuming Martin’s mother is correct in her identification, that shows NOTHING as to who initiated the physical portion of the “struggle” or who was doing what to whom in it. In short, somewhat shockingly, there is STILL not one iota of criminal activity, of any kind, on the part of George Zimmerman stated in this affidavit.
    And that, folks, is it. It is completely lacking in requisite and necessary attribution for the extremely few and, really, innocuous facts it does present, and the rest comprises nothing but unsupported and wholly conclusory statements meant to infer criminal activity, but which do not even do a competent job of that.
    In short, it is shit. To be honest, this affidavit, within its “four corners” arguably does not even meet the necessary burden of probable cause for Manslaughter under Florida section 782.07, much less the “depraved mind” necessary under Florida’s Second Degree Murder charge under section 782.04(2) as charged in the information. George Zimmerman may have committed a crime, but it is not demonstrated in this affidavit, and certainly is not as to the crime charged, Second Degree Murder. Charles Blow can praise this thing until the cows come home in the august pages of the New York Times, but it is still a pile of junk.
    But the above discussion is all about what is in the affidavit, let’s talk about what is not in the affidavit as well. The affidavit goes out of its way to spin innocuous and perfectly legal activity into some nebulous vignette of implied criminality, yet self servingly there is not a single fleeting reference to Zimmerman’s claim of having acted in self defense. To be sure, in charging a case, a prosecutor is going to frame the facts to support her charge.
    But that does not mean she can blithely ignore patently exculpatory facts known to her and germane to the interests of justice. Angela Corey’s affidavit is thusly not just deficient, but dishonest in a very slimy, even if not unethical way. It is patently offensive in that regard.
    - See more at: http://www.emptywheel.net/2012/04/1...robable-cause-affidavit/#sthash.WtMCnHSO.dpuf
    • Like Like x 2
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

State Attorney Corey fires key whistleblower in George Zimmerman case | Washington Times

Jacksonville-based Florida State Attorney Angela Corey has fired one of her office’s employees after he testified in court about documents not being given to George Zimmerman’s defense team.

<snip>

David Bauerlein of the Jacksonville Times-Union writes that “on the same day attorneys finished their closing arguments in that nationally watched trial, a state attorney investigator went to Ben Kruidbos’ home about 7:30 a.m. to hand-deliver a letter stating Kruidbos “can never again be trusted to step foot in this office.”

“The letter contended Kruibos did a poor job overseeing the information technology department, violated public records law for retaining documents, and noted he was questioned in March when the office was trying to determine who had leaked personnel information obtained through a computer breach.”

During a Friday interview, Kruidbos strongly denied these allegations. He believes that he did his job well, a claim which is supported by a merit-based pay raise which the IT tech received.

http://communities.washingtontimes....-corey-fires-key-whistleblower-george-zimmer/

There's lots more here: www.bing.com/search?q=Kruidbos+Corey
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

IMHO the trouble started because Zimmerman was not charged initially. The first cop that interviewed him wanted to charge him but was overruled by his supervisors who were associates of Zimmerman's instructor. Police don't have to consider what is provable, they have to charge when there is cause.
    This kicked off the campaign to have Zimmerman charged then tried. If the initial actions had been appropriate the shit storm would not have started.
    Now there was a trial, he was found innocent. Done.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Jimbob Member

True that.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. The kid attacked zimmerman first. Self defense. End of story.
    huffmaster7700
    This message by huffmaster7700 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Dershowitz is an example of what being bright and HAVING NO MORALS looks like.
    The Case for Torture Warrants
    http://www.alandershowitz.com/publications/docs/torturewarrants.html
    This is the face of evil, pure unadorned open obvious evil.

I would hope that Dershowitz and John Woo find themselves in the ninth circle of hell, being tormented for all eternity for their advocacy of torture. It would be only fitting that they should receive what they advocate for.

The left and the right agreeing that people don't matter, only power matters to these people.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Anonymous Member

IMHO Dershowitz's problem is his hatred of Islamics. That's why torture is OK, if Israeli terrorists were tortured he would have a different outlook. I am sure he doesn't think there are Israeli terrorists.

I am sure Dershowitz thinks these are not terrorists.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. moarxenu Member

President Obama releases statement on George Zimmerman verdict:

“The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.” (link)
  35. moarxenu Member

JOHN ALTHOUSE COHEN ON FACEBOOK: “Prediction: the Zimmerman verdict will lead to amendments to penal codes across the country to make it easier for prosecutors to win convictions, causing even more blacks to be incarcerated.”
  36. Howard Hunt Member

Has anyone asked them self why POTUS has injected himself into this local matter. He must not have anything else to do.
  37. Anonymous Member

donnsdfsdfsdfdsfdsf.jpg
  38. moarxenu Member

One school of thought that sounds plausible to me is that he interjected himself into the affair last year to ensure maximum black turnout for the 2012 election.

The same school of thought holds that he wanted an acquittal of George Zimmerman for the same reason, to ensure maximal black turnout for the 2014 elections. The President is an astute politician.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. Jimbob Member

What would really help slow down all the violence I think is really pretty simple. Get rid of the guns, thats obvious. Raise minimum wage to a sustainable level because a large portion of the crime is due to poor people doing desperate things. And suffocate the drug supply not by imprisoning Americans but by destroying the cartels, gangs without drugs to sell tend to disperse pretty quickly.
  40. moarxenu Member

Can't get rid of guns without amending the Constitution. Numerous courts including the Supreme Court have affirmed that the 2nd amendment guarantees individual Americans the right to possess and use firearms for several purposes including self-defense.

I doubt suffocating the supply by destroying the cartels will do much but increase the price of drugs because the demand is voracious. The cartels should be destroyed simply because they are economic cartels and organized crime operations.

The single most effective thing we can do is legalize marijuana and other recreational drugs and end the militarized War On Drugs by the US Government. Our prisons are full of people incarcerated for using and selling recreational drugs. The vast majority of these are black and Hispanic.
    • Like Like x 6