Customize

THIS IS THE ZIMMERMAN THREAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huffmaster7700, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Jimbob Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

I dont Twit or Tweet, or Whatever you call it, but this guy is an attention seeking reckless fool whose actions are going to see someone killed or seriously injured. He needs to be stopped. If anyone can, please follow this up before he brings about a tragedy. :(
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

No.
  4. moarxenu Member

This black dude speaks some good points:

• Like Like x 1
  5. #1protester Member

Some dumb people grammer for you guys. "Law people"
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Done. Just sent a tweet to @FBILasVegas where Bartiromo lives asking them to investigate him for incitement to arson and violence. You can read his tweets here: https://twitter.com/ColeBartiromo
    • Like Like x 4
  7. #1protester Member

Totally sucks. Your opinion, that is.
  8. #1protester Member

And yeah, what fuckung thread is this. Not wasting my time looking for un cover GZ anymore.
  9. #1protester Member

Why, when there is nothing going on here. Lets GZ this up.
  10. #1protester Member

Stevie wonder dont think its a common since law
  11. moarxenu Member

There is obviously a political divide in commentary with leftists being generally but not entirely pro-Trayvon and rightists being pro-GZ.

However, cracks are beginning to appear on the left starting with liberal William Saletan at Slate. He has just published a remarkable article:

You Are Not Trayvon Martin

His death wasn’t about race, guns, or your pet issue. It was about misjudgment and overreaction—exactly what we’re doing now to the verdict.

Trayvon Martin is dead, George Zimmerman has been acquitted, and millions of people are outraged. Some politicians are demanding a second prosecution of Zimmerman, this time for hate crimes. Others are blaming the tragedy on “Stand Your Ground” laws, which they insist must be repealed. Many who saw the case as proof of racism in the criminal justice system see the verdict as further confirmation. Everywhere you look, people feel vindicated in their bitter assumptions. They want action.
    But that’s how Martin ended up dead. It’s how Zimmerman ended up with a bulletproof vest he might have to wear for the rest of his life. It’s how activists and the media embarrassed themselves with bogus reports. The problem at the core of this case wasn’t race or guns. The problem was assumption, misperception, and overreaction. And that cycle hasn’t ended with the verdict. It has escalated.

I almost joined the frenzy. Yesterday I was going to write that Zimmerman pursued Martin against police instructions and illustrated the perils of racial profiling. But I hadn’t followed the case in detail. So I sat down and watched the closing arguments: nearlyseven hoursofvideoin which the prosecution and defense wentpoint by pointthrough theevidenceas it had been hashed out at the trial. Based on what I learned from the videos, I did some further reading.

It turned out I had been wrong about many things. The initial portrait of Zimmerman as a racist wasn’t just exaggerated. It was completely unsubstantiated. It’s a case study in how the same kind of bias that causes racism can cause unwarranted allegations of racism. Some of the people Zimmerman had reported as suspicious were black men, so he was a racist. Members of his family seemed racist, so he was a racist. Everybody knew he was a racist, so his recorded words were misheard as racial slurs, proving again that he was a racist.

Read the whole thing:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...imes_prosecution_and_other_overreactions.html
    • Like Like x 8
  12. Anonymous Member

I don't see anything in that to support the verdict. Zimmerman followed an innocent kid, initiated an altercation and shot him - a version of events that was accepted by the article. I think the author has over-generalised his own conclusion somewhat, and missed what I think the majority of observers found most appalling about the case (namely that following someone, starting an altercation with that person and then shooting them is apparently self-defence).
    • Like Like x 1
  13. System Member

holy crap learn2spell
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

Lurk moar!
  15. #1protester Member

Whatever the case is, I'm watching live rioting on t.v. as plain as I'm talk-to-texting. What the hell do we do when it spreads here. Lol. Its crazy how it started in L.A. for the most part to. I thought it would of been in Chicago first. Then I thought, its a Rodney king. Duh!
  16. #1protester Member

"Jurors feel they'll be killed." Duh!
  17. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

If there was a winner badge, you'd get it.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

She has a black teen-aged son and has just now begun to talk to him about being safe? In four months' time last Spring, I attended the funerals of 3 black teens under the age of 16 - all whom I knew personally. All were the victims of black-on-black crime.

In the areas where I go, black kids aren't afraid of the George Zimmermans of the world. They're afraid of their neighbors, classmates, rival gangs, etc. They have spoken with me about this case for months, and they honestly don't understand why their friends aren't headlining the news like Trayvon has for so long.

Their fear is palpable, and they're not feeling it "right now"...it's daily for them. Many keep scrapbooks of all the church bulletins from the funerals they've attended to mourn the lost of their friends. Some get friends' names who've been slain tatted and their arms are almost covered.

Perhaps the difference is that the kids I know live in areas where most white folks wouldn't dare to even drive through. The statistics bear out that there's a much bigger problem than an errant vigilante. It's just easier to focus on one dead kid with one identified killer than to dig deep to figure out and solve the problem of why multiple kids of color are getting killed, and killing each other, daily, all across the country. To solve that issue takes effort, time, and resources. It's much "cleaner" to focus on one death.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

You forgot "Burn baby burn"?
  20. #1protester Member

21. Jimbob Member

People that are " scared for their life" because of a fist fight probably shouldnt be allowed to cary a gun.... all these black people running around with their race cards looking for undue sympathy need to stfu because they are only fueling racism by being racists themselves.
  22. Anonymous Member

burn-baby-burn.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  23. lolol, some of this persona trash I'm reading... an all female all white jury (with one that looked a little Hispanic) is not what they meant in the constitution by "Jury of peers". Haha, maybe the Boston bomber's trail should have a jury full of middle eastern women with ties to terrorism? Would that be another jury of peers good for everybody hating on protestors?

I think getting out into the public and protesting this shit would do most of us good here. Grow your network, don't share too much info, enjoy the sun, and bring up other issues like Snowden with your new found peers and how if they don't send mail to your sanitized email account using PGP, the government will know everything they're thinking and sharing with you.

People can troll just about anything, but in my area protesters are just fun to talk to.

Be safe, don't walk alone near your respective cities and be black or I grantee you that a pair of off duty police officers will try to rough you up against the pavement asking about your ID and shit.
  24. Is it just me or does everyone think a huge riot/protest is going to happen on Zimmerman's fed court case happens
  25. moarxenu Member

Thanks for posting this, anon. To me this is truly tragic. So many black families are just hanging on by their economic fingernails hoping against great odds of gangs and violence to raise their kids to be fine people like this kid - 15-year-old Temar Boggs, who rescued a six-year-old white girl from a 50+ white pedo:

TemarBoggs04.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/15/temar-boggs-jocelyn-rojas_n_3597825.html

Instead, some blacks in places like Chicago (which has one of the worst gang and black-on-black murder rates) have to see their kids die for refusing to join gangs, like Darryl Green:

DarrylGreen01.jpg

Relatives ID body found in Englewood yard as Darryl Green, 16

July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A distraught Juanita Bonner and her relatives come to the place where her nephew Darryl Green died. The 16- year old body was discovered a few hours ago in the Englewood neighborhood.

"He never goes anywhere. It's just so shocking for this to happen to anyone," said Juanita Green Bonner, victim's aunt.
    His body was found behind a boarded up home in the 6500-block of South Damen in the West Englewood neighborhood.

"It's somebody's child. . .you know, just laying down on that ground, dead. You know, just another life gone," said Eola States, Englewood resident.

Green was found by officers face-down on a set of basement stairs of an abandoned building.

Although witnesses say there were no visible signs of trauma to the body, family members say police told them Darryl had been beaten to death. Investigators at the scene did not confirm any details.

Relatives say the Harper High School student stopped attending class and think he may have been targeted because of his refusal to join a gang.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9169739
    • Like Like x 1
  26. #1protester Member

To the help wanted poster seen above: You were shot by a black man, cant pull the race card! Duh!
  27. Jimbob Member

Ok it is mostly black people that grow up like this but in general its a poor people problem.. I grew up in a very gang ridden extremely violent area too and im white as can be. Ive been shot, stabbed, pistol whipped... shit you could sit on my stoop any night of the week and I gurrantee your gonna see somebody catch a bullet ... these are the things that the poor are going through in this country because there isnt enough sustainable employment out here for people to take care of their families.. so ehat do they do? They join the military and go die for some fat ass rich mans oil money. Or they turn to gangs and crime, and end up dead or in prison fueling the prison industrial complexs free slavery of the poor.. the problem isnt racism so much as it once was.. its more a matter of economic inequality between the abundatly rich manipulating the poor.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. Anonymous Member

29. Anonymous Member

I've been seeing more unrest lately. The kids on the bus who were jobless teens a few years ago are now a jobless twenties openly fighting and drinking and damn near rioting in public.

Most surreal day, Friday. I was happy to note the Seattle downtown Dianetics center was dark. No scowling fossil to man it apparently.

I also had to wade thru a literal youth gang fight, as I am walking away, more are pouring in, called by twitter.

If they had jobs, they wouldn't have time for this shit.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Jimbob Member

Absolytely true. Also if those jobs payed enough at full time to support them you would see less drug dealers too.
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Exclusive: Fired employee to file lawsuit against Zimmerman prosecutors | Reuters

A former employee of Florida State Attorney Angela Corey's office plans to file a whistleblower lawsuit against George Zimmerman's prosecutors, his attorney told Reuters on Tuesday.

The action will put pressure on Corey, who already faces criticism from some legal experts for the unsuccessful prosecution of the case, which led to the acquittal of Zimmerman for shooting unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman's defense has also called for sanctions against her and her prosecution team.

Ben Kruidbos, Corey's former director of information technology, was fired after testifying at a pre-trial hearing on June 6 that prosecutors failed to turn over potentially embarrassing evidence extracted from Martin's cell phone to the defense, as required by evidence-sharing laws.

"We will be filing a whistleblower action in (Florida's Fourth Judicial District) Circuit Court," said Kruidbos' attorney Wesley White, himself a former prosecutor who was hired by Corey but resigned in December because he disagreed with her prosecutorial priorities. He said the suit will be filed within the next 30 days.

Continued at
    www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/16/us-usa-florida-shooting-lawsuit-idUSBRE96F1EL20130716
    • Like Like x 1
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Secret surveillance court orders U.S. to declassify Prism-related Yahoo ruling | Reuters

A secret court overseeing U.S. government domestic surveillance activities has sided with Yahoo Inc and ordered the Obama administration to declassify and publish a 2008 court decision justifying Prism, the data collection program revealed last month by former security contractor Edward Snowden.

Judge Reggie Walton of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court issued Monday's ruling. The government is expected to decide by August 26 which parts of the ruling may be published, according to a separate court filing by the Justice Department.

Controversial U.S. data collection activities are overseen by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court and its appeals body, the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review. Both have been shrouded in secrecy since their creation more than three decades ago.

The 2008 ruling stemmed from Yahoo's challenge of the legality of broad, warrantless surveillance programs like Prism.

Publication of the ruling could provide a rare glimpse into how the government has legally justified its far-reaching data collection programs under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

Continued at
    www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/16/usa-prism-yahoo-court-idUSL1N0FM1J720130716
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Anonymous Member

? wrong forum?
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

It's just you.
  35. Anonymous Member

View attachment Spy-Kids-All-the-Time-In-the-World-Logo-x-wide-560
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

I wouldn't be surprised if someone did something aside from smashing up a Walmart.

38. found this video if any one is curious bout the march that happend in L.A. There is a bunch more on youtube.
  39. Jimbob Member

How is that not considered police brutality...I saw no violence from the crowd there. Just a bunch of worked up pigs smackin people around.
  40. Anonymous Member

Thank you, MOMerator.