Customize

This is why protesting works.. 2 cops charged with manslaughter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smurf, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

I am from the south, so I know how these things work. Mostly they are stories from the mountains that are not true. They may have been at one time, but these tactics are no longer accepted practice. When these stories are told they perpetuate the bad stereo type of the south. We have teeth, we wear shoes and we don't take people out in the woods and hang them. We also frown upon those who fly the confederate flag in the rear window of their pick up trucks behind their gun racks. They are not the norm.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. how do i change my profile pick on this thing?
    Johnny_Reb_1865
    This message by Johnny_Reb_1865 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  3. well im glad we have a understanding. But some don't frown upon the confederate flag it depends on who you are every but ones different that's why we have to respect people for who they are.
    You might not like the flag but I know it's history and it might not be what I which what it is but it has a light side of history and a dark side of history. And I don't judge people as a group I judge by the man. and when I fly the flag and someone asks me "why do you fly the kkk flag" I tell them it's not the kkk flag its the flag confederate soldiers caried during the civil war its not the flag that's racist it's the people flying it. I hope you understand what I mean.
  4. OTeleventy Member

Yep, I know exactly what you mean, Johnny_Reb. Exactly.
  5. laughingsock Member

6. I forgot to say yes the kkk uses it but that's not the flag they use the most example USA flag and the white power flag I whsh I could ban the klan from useing it and the USA flag
  7. Thanks buddy you'll get nothing but love and understanding from a small town southern man.
    I hate how some ignorant people abuse and disrespect that flag. Theare all blinded by hate I have a dream where one day my kid will ask me "Daddy what was war?" i'd be so happy to live to see that day when no one wants to kill each other.......:(
  8. Hey can any one give me a list of ways I could help you guys out? idk how to hack or anything.
  9. Anonymous Member

Welllllll, if you join here then you can access the Hacking thread in one of the sekrit member's sections.
    My list is short, go back to school and get sum learnin'.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. muldrake Member

Do good things in public.

Say the truth where it will be heard.

Hate to say it, but those are our tools in trade, so to say it.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Jurors in Kelly Thomas case to disregard testimony saying cops acted within policy

Jurors in the trial of two former Fullerton police officers accused of beating a mentally ill homeless man to death will probably be told to disregard the opinions of witnesses who said the two acted within department policy.

The admonition is expected to be part of jury instructions that are still being negotiated by attorneys in the trial over the beating death of Kelly Thomas.

“You are ordered to disregard those opinions,” a draft of the admonition says. “It is up to you to determine whether the defendants used excessive or unreasonable force based on all the evidence that has been presented in this trial but you may not consider evidence that has been stricken.”

The probable instruction results from prosecutors' attempts to challenge the testimony of two witnesses who said defendants Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli acted, for the most part, within Fullerton Police Department policy.

Continued here:
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-kelly-thomas-case-20140103,0,6007483.story
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Anonymous Member

Right, that is totally different than those who fly it to remember the war of northern aggression.
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

Prosecutor urges jury to convict California policemen in transient's death | NBC News

A prosecutor told jurors on Tuesday to serve as the conscience of their community and convict two ex-policemen in the 2011 beating death of a mentally ill transient that touched off protests and political upheaval in Fullerton, a Los Angeles suburb.

Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas, in closing remarks in the high-profile trial of ex-Fullerton police officers Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli before a packed Santa Ana courtroom, urged the jury to return guilty verdicts against both men.

"This is your decision, as a jury you speak for our community in this as the voice and conscience of this community," Rackauckas said. "You're going to send a message whether the conduct of these police officers is acceptable."

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/54005819/...onvict-california-policemen-transients-death/

Judge Mad Over Tweet in California Officers' Trial | ABC News

A judge on Wednesday interrupted closing arguments in the trial of two police officers accused of killing a homeless man to angrily threaten jail time for whoever posted a Twitter picture of the jury.

"If I find out who took this picture, you're going to jail," Orange County Superior Court Judge William Froeberg said, holding up a printout of the picture.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-mad-tweet-calif-homeless-death-trial-21469656

Closing arguments in Kelly Thomas case will go a third day | Los Angeles Times

Closing arguments in the trial of two former Fullerton street cops accused of killing a mentally ill homeless man during a violent altercation will stretch into a third day before finally being handed to jurors.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-kelly-thomas-closings-20140108,0,6926229.story
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andy Downs Member

18. The Wrong Guy Member

Protesters arrested following verdict in Kelly Thomas trial

Fourteen people were arrested in connection with a protest demanding justice for transient Kelly Thomas and victims of police brutality at the Fullerton Police Department on Saturday.

Hundreds of demonstrators gathered outside the department in response to the acquittal of two former police officers accused of beating Thomas to death in 2011.

Protesters marched down East Commonwealth Avenue toward the Fullerton Transportation Center, where the deadly beating occurred.

The protest took a violent turn when a Tustin woman allegedly struck a KCBS videographer in the face. As a result, the police declared the event an unlawful assembly.

The woman who struck the reporter was arrested for assault, according to the Fullerton Police Department.

There were a total of 14 arrests––two people for vandalism, one for robbery, one for assault and 10 for refusing to follow an order to disperse, according to Fullerton police.

Fullerton police Sgt. Jeff Stuart said Sunday that a 14th protester was arrested Saturday afternoon after stealing from a nearby supermarket.

The department is reviewing video footage of the incident and has identified additional suspects, which will probably lead to more arrests in the future, the department said in a statement.

Officers acquitted

An Orange County jury found former Fullerton police officers Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli not guilty on charges of beating Kelly Thomas to death last week.

The six-week trial ended with a jury finding Ramos, 39, and Cicinelli, 41, not guilty on all charges, including involuntary manslaughter.

The 12 jurors also found Ramos not guilty of second-degree murder and Cicinelli not guilty of using excessive force.

Cathy Thomas, Kelly Thomas’ mother, said she was horrified when the verdict was read.

<snipped>

Federal Intervention

Ron Thomas said he is counting on the United States Department of Justice to step in now that the trial is over.

He said he has had several meetings over the last two and a half years with the U.S. Attorney General, Eric Holder, who has assured him that Justice Department has been watching the proceedings from a distance.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation announced in a statement last week that they will re-examine the Thomas case.

FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said an investigation was opened in 2011 to see if Thomas’ civil rights were violated during the altercation.

“With the conclusion of the state court trial, investigators will examine the evidence and testimony to determine if further investigation is warranted at the federal level,” Eimiller said.

http://www.dailytitan.com/2014/01/protesters-arrested-following-verdict-in-kelly-thomas-trial/
    • Like Like x 2
  19. OH MY GOD!!! THEY WHERE FUCKING FOUND NOT GULTY FOR BEATING A MAN TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST BECUZ THEY WHARE A BADGE DOES NOT MEAN THEY GET TO DO WHATEVER THEY FUCKING WANT!!!!!!! THERE NEEDS TO BE A NEW WORD TO DESCRIBE HOW FUCKING PISSED OFF I AM RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Manuel Ramos, Disgraced Fullerton Cop/Kelly Thomas Killer, Chased Out of Denny's by Angry Public

An Orange County jury may have found disgraced Fullerton police officer Manuel Ramos innocent of murder charges in the beating death of Kelly Thomas--but that doesn't mean the public has, or ever will. Instead, Ramos is rightfully condemned to live life in non-cop society as an outcast, looked at with scorn wherever he goes--if he's lucky.

More likely, he'll be heckled out of any room he enters. And that's exactly what happened last week, at the Denny's off Harbor Boulevard in Fullerton just down the street from where Ramos and his fellow goons killed Kelly.

Continued at http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/02/manuel_ramos_dennys_fullerton_kelly_thomas.php

Ex-Dirty Cop Manuel Ramos Has a New Job: PONY League Baseball Coach

The lights shone brightly at Duane Winters Field in Fullerton's Amerige Park earlier this week for a PONY League baseball game. Youngsters stepped up to the plate as the sound of aluminum bats thwacking baseballs rounded out what otherwise was a normal night of America's pastime...save for the killer cop in the dugout.

There stood Manuel Ramos, coaching kids in the fine art of swinging a baton at a defenseless homeless man...sorry, swinging a bat at a defenseless homeless man...sorry, coaching kids. Across the street from the baseball diamond stood his former workplace, the Fullerton Police Department.

Returning to civilian life after a jury acquitted him and his former partner officer Jay Cicinelli in the July 5, 2011 beating death of Kelly Thomas this January has been rocky for Ramos. Last month, he tried to enjoy a night at Denny's (no word if Cicinelli has been seen eating pancakes at "Eyehop" yet!) until patrons ran him out.

At Amerige Park, the scene was calmer, with the only ruckus being raised by the sparse crowd's cheers for every hit and strikeout. The disgraced cop stood outside a dugout wearing a hat, sports jacket and sweatpants, his likeness unmistakable thanks to Ramos' trademark Thump Records mustache and fat fuck-ness.

The Weekly reached out to Mike Silva, President of Fullerton PONY baseball, for comment; after indicating he'd respond last afternoon, Silva has yet to call us back. And we'd love to talk to him, because Fullerton PONY baseball measures its success not just on raising future Mike Trouts on the field but also fostering "countless numbers of young people that become outstanding citizens and leaders in their communities."

Continued at http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/03/manuel_ramos_baseball.php

Dirty Ex-Cop Jay Cicinelli Has a New Job: Little League Baseball Coach

Former Fullerton cop Manuel Ramos was outed last week as a PONY League coach in the city, but apparently he's not alone. Jay Cicinelli, Ramos' fellow FPD-er who, in his own words, took the face of Kelly Thomas one July night in 2011 and "just smashed it to hell," is also coaching youth baseball--in La Mirada.

The thought of Cicinelli serving as a role model to kids through sports was just too much for one member of Kelly's Army. Richard Dwyer decided to head out to La Mirada Little League's Opening Day this weekend to snap a pic of the killer cop himself.

All the Little League teams gathered on Sunday at Behringer Park in La Mirada reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and engaging in other ceremonial activities. Cicinelli was spotted away from kids as Dwyer walked up to take a picture with his cellphone. "He was sporting a beard," the Fullerton activist recounts. Gone was the clean-shaven look Cicinelli had during the Kelly Thomas murder trial--legal proceedings that bothered him so little that he partied it up at Knott's Berry Farm while facing involuntary manslaughter and excessive force charges.

"Hey, you can't take my picture!" Cicinelli said, according to Dwyer. The activist countered by replying it was a public space.

Being it was opening day, La Mirada Little League board members were on the field, too. One vouched for Cicinelli to Dwyer, saying that he has been coaching for eight years without incident. Another board member was less generous, kicking Dwyer off the field. He left voluntarily, but was followed all the way. "He just put the cold shoulder on and stared at me as if I was going to be a problem," the activist says. With that, Dwyer left, already having what he came for.

Like Mike Silva of Fullerton PONY League, the Weekly reached out to La Mirada Little League President Aaron Abler for comment about having an ex-Fullerton killer cop in the dugout. Like Silva, as of press time, we haven't received a response.

Continued at http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2014/03/jay_cicinelli_baseball_coach.php
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Oswin Gallos Member

What really gets to me is how he was yelling "I'm sorry" and calling for his dad while he was murdered.
    Just goes to show you that these cops are all sick and disgusting.
  22. lulzgasm Member

Superfukinfukfuk pissed?
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

Kelly Thomas death: Will feds prosecute Fullerton ex-cops? | The Orange County Register

The former Fullerton police officers who were charged but acquitted in the beating death of a homeless man are not likely to face federal charges despite an ongoing investigation into whether they violated the man’s civil rights, according to a legal expert.

“I would not expect – unless they get new evidence – that federal prosecutors will file this case,” said Laurie Levenson, a former federal prosecutor and a Loyola Law School professor. “The problems in the state prosecution will probably pop up again in a federal prosecution. So if they take it, it will be because they have different or additional evidence.”

John Barnett, the criminal defense lawyer who won acquittals for one of the two officers accused in the Fullerton case – and for a Los Angeles police officer in the watershed Rodney King case more than two decades ago – said there shouldn’t be a federal case against his client because “there’s no basis for it.”

“It doesn’t advance a federal issue over the state issue, which was vindicated by the state verdict,” said Barnett.

ACQUITTALS FOR POLICE

Barnett, who has prevailed in nearly all of his police misconduct cases over the years, won acquittal for ex-Fullerton Officer Manuel Ramos in the death of Kelly Thomas after a confrontation at the Fullerton Transportation Center.

Ramos was the first police officer in Orange County history to be charged with murder for an incident that occurred while he was in uniform and on duty. He was found not guilty of second-degree murder.

The same Orange County jury of eight women and four men in January also acquitted former Fullerton police Cpl. Jay Cicinelli, who was charged with involuntary manslaughter and assault under color of authority for his role in the July 5, 2011, altercation with Thomas.

Cicinelli’s lawyer, Michael Schwartz, said federal prosecutors will look at the evidence that comes out in a pending civil lawsuit brought by Thomas’ father against the officers and Fullerton, “because that may have a bearing on how they would scrutinize the case.”

Schwartz, who will also represent Cicinelli if he is charged with any federal offenses, said he hopes federal prosecutors impartially weighing the evidence realize that in Thomas’ death, a tragedy occurred, but a crime did not.

Ramos, 40, and Cicinelli, 42, were fired by the Fullerton Police Department a year after the encounter with Thomas.

‘I DON’T BELIEVE ANYTHING RIGHT NOW’

Kelly Thomas’ father, Ron Thomas, filed suit in 2012 against the city of Fullerton, former Chief Michael Sellers, Ramos and others connected with the Police Department, claiming excessive force in the death of his son.

Following the acquittals in the criminal trial, Thomas publicly called on the Department of Justice to file federal charges against Ramos, Cicinelli and a third officer, saying the fight to get justice was “not over.”

“I look at this like a prizefight. It’s not over,” Ron Thomas said then at a news conference in Los Angeles. “We still have several rounds to go.”

But Thomas is no longer as upbeat about potential federal charges and said he has “mixed feelings about the legal system” after the quick jury verdict in the state case.

“I wouldn’t be surprised” if no federal charges are brought, Thomas said in a recent telephone interview. “I don’t believe in the system. Again, how could the jury come back with not guilty, not even excessive force at a minimum? I don’t believe in anything right now.”

The FBI has obtained criminal-investigation records from the Orange County District Attorney’s Office and has requested transcripts from the criminal trial, according to a motion Ramos filed in March in Orange County Superior Court.

“Our investigation is ongoing into whether or not civil right violations occurred,” FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said.

Source: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/federal-615461-thomas-fullerton.html
    • Like Like x 2
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Fullerton PD arrests ‘biased’ journalist that investigated it | The Fifth Column

The same police department that allowed two officers to beat a schizophrenic man named ‪‎Kelly Thomas‬ to death without charge, is now prosecuting journalists who were seeking justice for him.

Patti (P.M.) Beers is a journalist with The Anti-Media and provides livestreams to many other outlets. She was arrested as part of a mass arrest at a protest in California. The Fullerton Police Department states that she is not a journalist because she is “biased.” Patti provided tons of assistance, documentation, and on the ground support for other journalists that were investigating the Kelly Thomas case. Guess which police department was investigated? That’s right, the Fullerton Police Department.

One of her colleagues, Lou Colagiovanni, at the Anti-Media wrote this:

Continued here:
    http://thefifthcolumnnews.com/2015/03/fullerton-pd-arrests-biased-journalist-that-investigated-it/

Anti-Media Journalist Facing up to 6 Months in Jail for Filming Police

http://theantimedia.org/anti-media-journalist-jail-for-filming-police/

https://twitter.com/PMbeers
    • Like Like x 2
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Former Fullerton Cop Manuel Ramos Acquitted in Kelly Thomas Death Arrested for Domestic Violence

By Carlos Miller, PINAC

Manuel Ramos, one of two cops acquitted last year in the beating death of Kelly Thomas, was arrested last month for domestic violence, which should come as a surprise to nobody considering he is a proven thug with violent tendencies.

A cop who told a helpless homeless man, “You see these fists? They are getting ready to fuck you up,” before proceeding with his threat that left the man dead. So we can only imagine what he did to the woman he is accused of abusing.

The domestic violence arrest took place July 16 by Fullerton police, which explains why it is only coming to light now. And only because word of the arrest kept reaching us here at PINAC and apparently other news agencies, prompting us to start asking questions.

Continued here:
    http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...-manuel-ramos-arrested-for-domestic-violence/
    • Like Like x 2
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Kelly Thomas trial update: Wrongful death civil trial begins | 89.3 KPCC

What's expected to be a lengthy and emotional trial got underway Monday in the wrongful death lawsuit concerning the beating of Kelly Thomas at the hands of Fullerton police officers.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2015/11/09/55562/kelly-thomas-wrongful-death-civil-trial-begins/

Jury seated in wrongful death lawsuit against Fullerton | My News LA

A jury was seated Wednesday in the wrongful death lawsuit filed against Fullerton and five officers involved in the deadly struggle with a transient Kelly Thomas four years ago.

Opening statements are expected to be made by attorneys Monday morning.

In “mini opening statements” made by attorneys before prospective jurors on Nov. 9, it appears the video and audio of the incident will be the main evidence.

The key dispute will be who was at fault for Thomas’ death, the attorneys said.

http://mynewsla.com/orange-county/2...-in-wrongful-death-lawsuit-against-fullerton/

Fullerton Drops Charges Against Kelly Thomas Livestreamers | inLeague Press

There was a victory this morning. A victory for the press, and independent journalists and livestreamers.
    Fullerton has dropped ALL charges against AJ Redkey and PM Beers.

They were charged and arrested for their covering of the Kelly Thomas protests, where 6 Fullerton police officers got away with the murder of Kelly Thomas.

PM Beers livestreamed herself being violently arrested by the FPD for no reason, while they wasted tax payer money to send no less than 6 undercover officers to Pasadena to ambush and arrest AJ, Anaheim James, while he was supporting a protest against the Pasadena school district. all caught on inLeague Press Livestream.

http://www.inleaguepress.com/2806-2/
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Thank Xenu people were there and recorded it...without video it would have been swept under the rug.

We must demand the video the police are holding AND the officers voice recordings to match them !
    View : lang mo da