Customize

This is why

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by cussbunny, Jun 19, 2009.

1. cussbunny Member

Wow.

*crying*
  2. As V said: Ideas are bullet proof.
  3. I Ran Hubbard Member

moved to a new thread.
  4. skollie-IRAN Member

Wow - how very touching.
  5. Consensus Member

From what I've seen, the protests are non-violent, NOT pacifist. There's a significant difference. There's isn't widespread 'mob violence', but when someone attacks the mob with force, the mob reacts appropriately. What's most impressive, imo, is that the 'mobs' reactions are measured and restrained - something you don't see in most mobs. It demonstrates an intelligence, patience, and sophistication deserving of the highest respect. I <3 persians.
  6. NiteOwl Member

Not sure I will sleep tonite. Gonna stay up and get these voices out!

FUCK SLEEP!
  7. Jaymax Moderator

Via Huffington Post

8. anony-IRAN Member

The inteligence is indeed there, Consensus and it's no coincidence that the persians created Chess
  9. ann_disaster Member

This is the most beautiful thing.
  10. Om Shanti

I am a leader in Hindu sciences, I am reading here, praying for you in Tehran, the whole world is watching. Love from America.
  11. Jaymax Moderator

Excerpts from Anonymous Iran Blog

Silence and the Specter of Death

NOTE: This is posted for a friend, and for his friend, both of whom shall remain anonymous:

As we approach the morning in Iran, our sources are strangely quiet. All are making their final farewells in case they must die. They are preparing for martyrdom, rather than live in an unjust regime with a ruler who cannot hear them, and who can no longer hear God.

"The lion roars loudest just before death."

Is that Khamanei? Or is it the will of the people that roars now, forever to be silenced by the louder roar of gunfire?

Says one part of my possibly final email from my friend:
    As I read these words, I am actually crying. I'm not a particularly religious person, but if there is a God, may he protect my friend.

The full blog entry is at Anonymous Iran: Silence and the Specter of Death
  12. Cypherninja Member

Oh... I feel my eyes watering up. These people, probably very nice people, are going to give up their lives for freedom. All this while a ruthless dictator [Ayatollah Khamanei and Mahmoud Ahmadinjad] don't care and order the police to kill them.

This is all very sad. This is why they have captured our hearts.
  13. Visionary Member

Only a few hours left until the rally is supposed to take place. (Wiping tears from my eyes as I type this.)

My thoughts are with those who in a short time may end up giving their lives for freedom.
    I pray that today will somehow bring about the start of a new better life for Iran.
    Soon, I hope, no more shall Iranians be held down by Khamenei's hand.

To you who will be there:
    Take care. Be strong. Be free. God bless you.
  14. I hope you will not get hurt, you beautiful girl. I hope you'll get a chance to trim your eyebrows as you always dreamed of.
    I hope you will collect and listen to many many songs until you get old and you cannot hear anymore.
    Then, I hope you'll sit and tell your stories of these horrifying days to your grandchildren, and I truly hope your granddaughters and grandsons will not believe your stories! I hope they'll tell you:" Hey Grandma, how it was possible that somebody would shoot you if you had asked a simple question that " where is my vote?"
    I hope they will live in a society that they will not have to fear asking any question!
    I hope, in the dark of the nights, they will not have to cry "Alaah-o Akbar". Instead, they'll sing loudly, and dance wildly and think freely in the daylight! I hope!
  15. Jaymax Moderator

[post moved to Political Debate]
  16. Visionary Member

Another letter from the girl mentioned in the first post!

Iran Updates (VIDEO): Live-Blogging The Uprising

17. I am sending my thoughts and strength in the dark of night. Love from an American sister in Japan.
  18. words of courage for my brothers and sisters in Iran

Iran Is showing that they are strong, that they have courage and that they have spirit!
    What is happening in Iran now isn't just "protests" like is being reported in our Western news, infact it is a revolution.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world
    the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

-The stupid will not understand and the smart will not try, the world lies in the hands of those who arn't scared to die.

much love to the Iranians from Belgium
  19. Imagine

for all the people throughout history who have fought and died to be free.
  20. a 5 sentence message of inspiration, circa 1776.:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
    Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
  21. AMEN...AMEN..AMEN...

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
  22. are we sure this is for real? it's well known that it was her music teacher, not her father, right?
  23. Visionary Member

Iran Uprising Live-Blogging (Thursday June 25)
  24. Overcome

"We shall overcome....we shall overcome...we shall overcome someday....deep in my heart, I do believe, we shall overcome someday."

US Civil Rights song.

God bless you iranians in the streets. God go with you.
  25. Is he/she (the one from the original blog post) still alive? Someone knows?
  26. All the emotions for the past 11 days are welling up inside me now as I read these posts.
  27. sasan Member

khoonesh mirikht too damanesh,
    toh madaresh, chodor, koneh...
    نون و پنیرو هق هق سفره ی سرد عاشق
    نون و پنیروفندق رخت عزا تو صندق

نون و پنیروحلوا سوخته حریر دریا
    نون و پنیرو گردو قصه ی شهر جادو

نون و پنیرو بادوم یک قصهء نا تموم
    نون و پنیرو سبزی تو بیش از این می ارزی

پای همه گلدسته ها دوباره اعدام صدا
    دو باره مرگ گل سرخ دوباره ها دوباره ها

حریق سبز جنگلها بدست کبریت جنون
    از کاشی های آبی مون سرزده فوارهء خون

نون و پنیرو بادوم یک قصه ی نا تموم
    نون و پنیرو سبزی تو بیش از این می ارزی

قصه ی جادوگر بد که از کتابا می اومد
    نشسته بر ممبر خون عاشق ها رو گردن می زد

کنار شهر آینه جنگل سبز شیشه بود
    برای گیس گلابتون اون روز مثل همیشه بود

پونه می ریخت تو دامنش تا مادرش چادر کنه
    می رفت که از بوی علف تمام شهر و پر کنه

غافل از اینکه راهش رو جادوگر دزدیده بود
    روصورت خورشید خانم خط سیاه کشیدهبود

آهای آهای یکی بیاد یک شعر تازه تر بگه
    برای گی سگلابتون از مرگ جادوگر بگه
  28. Jaymax Moderator

from I screamed at them, 'How dare you grab my daughters' | Iran news | Jerusalem Post

29. Joan Baez sings in solidarity:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVCqPAzI-JY]YouTube - Joan Baez "We Shall Overcome" (2009)[/ame]
  30. I just received this email from a friend in Iran, and I think it needs wider dissemination.

A letter from Fayah:

"I love life. I love to laugh and be with my friends. There are so many books I want to read, movies I want to see, people I want to meet. I want to marry, to be a good wife and mother. I want to grow old with the people I love, to feel the sun on my face, to see the ocean, to travel.

My country is in a terrible state. People have no jobs. There is no money. People have no freedom. Women must hide themselves from the world, and we have no choices.

Our people--we are not terrorists. We hate terrorists. And that is what our government has become. They kill our people for no reason. They torture us in their prisons because we want freedom. They make our country look evil, they make our religion look evil.

We are fighting for our freedom, for our religion, for our country. If we do nothing while injustice abounds, we become unjust. We turn into the ones we hate.

I have to fight. I have to go back on the streets. I will make them kill me. I will join Neda, with my friends, and then maybe the world will hear us.

I never thought I would become a martyr, but it is needed. The more of us they kill, the smaller they become, the more strength the people will have. Maybe my death will mean nothing, but maybe it will buy my country freedom.

I am very sad that I will never be a mother, that I will never do the things I love, but I would rather die than do nothing and know that I am to blame for the tortures, the murder, the hatred.

Please tell the world how much we love life. That we are not terrorists. We just want to be free."

Never Apologize,Never Explain