Customize

This story is about Marty Rathbun, by Jesse Prince

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by pooks, Oct 2, 2009.

1. pooks Member

This story is about Marty Rathbun, by Jesse Prince

Jesse Prince wrote this in 1998.

This story is about Marty Rathbun.

The year is circa 1978. I was forcefully incarcerated in the PAC RPF, and I had
    been since one week before my 22nd birthday in March 1977. We were 125 strong in
    the RPF. David Miscavige had been running several missions, along with Mark
    Ingber, to renovate what is now the big blue building on Sunset Avenue in Los
    Angeles. These missions were basically a two stage process.

Missions were sent to all the Sea Org locations to get all ethics bait personnel
    and send them to the PAC RPF to renovate the Complex. We lived in a slave labor
    camp environment and for weeks on end were on a schedule of working 30 hours on
    and three hours off for sleep, so that we could "meet deadlines." People were
    literally dropping like flies, which resulted in many unnecessary injuries. I
    remember one person, Bobby Schaffner, who cut off part of a finger during this
    time. He was so numb that it meant nothing to him, but he was happy to be off,
    since he could at least sleep for a while.

But my RPF experience is not the subject I'm trying to cover here; that's
    another story. I'm just trying to set the stage here.

Now, it happened one day that a fellow named John Coletto was routed to the RPF
    forcefully. By "forcefully," I mean he was surrounded by others who forced him
    to go, just the way it happened to me. He came from the Pubs Org, which later
    came to be known as Bridge Publications, Inc., or BPI. His wife Diane Coletto
    was the Commanding Officer, or CO, of the Pubs Org, and she had been instructed
    to divorce her husband John because he was a "criminal."

Well, this sent John "over the top." After some weeks, he managed to escape the
    PAC RPF and shortly afterwards called Scientology officials to let them know
    that they had turned his wife against him (a common practice in Scientology),
    and he was going to kill her.

Diane was assigned a body guard. A new person who just routed onto the EPF
    (Estates Project Force). The EPF is where you get your initial Sea Org training
    (brainwashing).

Marty was in a car with Diane driving down what is now known as L. Ron Hubbard
    Way, when out of nowhere here comes John, her husband, and he has a gun in his
    hand. John stopped the car and got into an argument with Diane because she would
    not leave with him. He then took the gun and emptied it into her body. Blood and
    guts were everywhere. He then took the gun and pointed it at Marty and started
    to shoot - click, click, click - no more bullets.

Marty sat there in shock staring at John as John stared at him. Marty had blood,
    bone and guts all over him and barely escaped death that day. John ran off and
    was found dead himself a few days later for self-inflicted wounds from the same
    gun he used to kill his wife.

This was Marty Rathbun's introduction to the Sea Org. Marty was assigned a
    special Guardian's Office auditor and spent months trying to audit out the
    incident. He became part of OSA and was watched and guarded himself for a long
    time.

Is it any wonder he is a mindless robot today with little to no will or spirit
    left now?

Monsters of Scientology are created. This is just one story. All John Coletto
    wanted was to be with his wife.

The result was death.

Death is more common than one would think in Scientology.

Yes, Marty did blow after the IRS decision. Little David Miscavige often beat
    Marty up (in the presence of bigger stronger goons, of course) and all of this
    has an effect on a person.

I'm sure Marty was a decent person before, but now he probably feels hopeless
    and is just waiting for his life to end, as, seemingly, that is the only way out
    of the Sea Org for him in his mind.

I want Marty to know it's OK to leave. In fact, Marty, run away as fast as you
    can. I'll make sure you won't get hurt any more. Your suffering will be over for
    good…. I promise.

Respectfully submitted,

Jesse Prince
  2. Re: This story is about Marty Rathbun, by Jesse Prince

That's some post.
  3. Marty Rugburn Member

Re: This story is about Marty Rathbun, by Jesse Prince

Just checked out Marty's blog. The dipshit still quotes hubbard. Earth to Marty!!!!! Hellooooo!!!!
  4. YAHRLY Member

more excusing RM's behavior and blaming everything on DM
  5. Anonymous Member

Thanks for posting that. I had reread about Diane Coletto a few weeks ago and bewildered that Marty would stay with scientology even after that (remember that he had just signed on).

Lack of common sense on marty's part...if you witness a (scientologist) murder and still think that scientology helps people. Wow marty, why did you stay?
  6. Anonymous Member

This should be posted at Marty's sight even if it's up for a little while before it gets deleted.
  7. EyeOnSci Member

Cults invade when the person is the most vulnerable. Scientology certainly had Marty's ruin, manufactured by the cult itself.

EyeOnSci
  8. Anonymous Member

That won't work. He checks out/moderates all comments prior to posting them to his blog.
  9. pooks Member

This happened in 1978, six years before Hubbard died and before the evil DM took over.

How does Marty explain all this insanity, when Hubbard was still running the show?
  10. Boggle Member

He's a Scientologist, didn't anyone tell you?
  11. Anonymous Member

The OP has posted comments several times on Marty's blog, and Marty only allows "positive" comments.
  12. Sponge Member

lrn2psyops
  13. nate and mona Member

very interesting .. all the same questions I have had..

it seems like 1 set leaves just as they figure out they've been duped

.. and another set rolls in...

so Mike and Marty have left .. who are the next group..
    Marty obviously has some huge things to work through..

Marty if you're reading this I FORGIVE YOU...
    PLEASE HELP US GET SAVANNAH OUT
    you know what's going on in there...
    I'm begging you do whatever needs to be done to make it happen..

SAVANNAH LARSON la sea-org 9 yrs ( since she was barely 16)
    6 yrs no physical contact
    Lacey, Monet & Megan Larson no communication for 10 months....

all out love
    nate and mona
    NATEANDMONA@GMAIL.COM
  14. Marty Rugburn Member

Ya, I know. I just don't get how anyone can be after reading alot of the mindfucking shite written by the clown called hubbard.
  15. Marty Rugburn Member

Check out the 3 part interview with the clown called hubbard on youtube. It proves what nutjob the guy really was.
  16. Random guy Member

Thanks for posting that. It really helps putting a perspective on why Marty Rathburn acts as he does.
  17. A.Non Hubbard Member

So Jesse Prince saw all this from the RPF in Hemet?
  18. Antagone Member

With all due respect, forgiveness of Mary is not yours to give and don't think for a moment he would help either your or your daughter, except to sniff around and try to sign her up for his all-new Cult of Martytology when she does blow.
  19. Anonymous Member

It's a hell of an unpleasant thing to happen, but - in relation to where Marty's at today - I was more troubled by his apparent lie about never having been beaten up by DM. It may seem like a minor edetail, but it's yet another example of him putting out tailored PR lines.

I was more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the more I see of him, the more inclined I am to thinking that much of his 'comm' is nothing more than 'PR lines', carefully tailored towards the various factions. Which in the case of the cult's critics, can more accurately described as a 'handling.'

Now I by no means think that this means that any movement/organisation he leads will be as abusive as the CofS was under Hubbard, or is currently under DM, but it's a pretty good indicator that it'll be every bit as dishonest.

Either way, he's doing a better job at giving dissenting believers a credible alternative than we could ever do, (and divide and conquer's always been a good strategy), but it's all the moRe reason to try and find solid avenues that law enforcement can take action on.

Marty is an extremely shrewd and capable individual. He's also well positioned to know, both hoe much L.E. interest there's been in the past, and how much there may be now. One of his (stated) fears, is that if Scientologists do not move quickly, government agencies will move in, and in his view: by the time they're finished, there will be little left. Given the fraudulent/abusive nature of the organisation at every level - technical, financial, and so on - it's not in the least bit surprising.

Without a doubt, there's never been a better time for any government agency to make a move - Sci is utterly outgunned and outmanned at the moment - and whilst I am skeptical that the CofS can ever achieve meaningful growth in the future (the lies that make up it's 'bridge to spiritual freedom' have been far too exposed), - I would rather see that end come about, as a result of the actions of impartial authorities, than the actions of someone with questionable motives, and who was second only to DM in sustaining Sci's fraud and abuse.
  20. anon555 Member

i actually hadn't heard this story before, was there any kind of police report regarding this incident?
  21. POS Member

22. Anonymous Member

Yes, two people died there are police reports, I checked it out a few months ago when Marty started showing up again. He was in the car when she got shot.
  23. Anonymous Member

Here is a quote from Michael Pattinson involving MR who had already become enlightened on his trip to the free winds.

His belief that Christianity is a "workable technology" is a pretty recent development.

read more at:
    Michael Pattinson's Experiences with Scientology - Part 11
  24. Herro Member

Mods, can we have a sub forum for non MR related posts? I don't want to distract from the site's focus on Rathburn, but there are surprising number of non rathburn related topics here. I think there might just be enough to warrant a sub forum.
  25. Re: This story is about Marty Rathbun, by Jesse Prince

Mods, can we have a sub forum for non herro related posts? I don't want to distract from the site's focus on herro, but there are surprising number of non herro related topics here. I think there might just be enough to warrant a sub forum.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Smurf Member

28. JohnnyRUClear Member

29. Anonymous Member

Davie is a wizard of speed and time?

[IMG]

And why not, since Hubbard was quite a wizard of speed, pinks and greys from many reports.
  30. DeathHamster Member

Pppft! As if Joel Phillips has anything to do with that site! It was moved behind the Prolexic shield, just like the other CoS sites.
    TSnapshot-01-31-08.jpg
  31. Re: This story is about Marty Rathbun, by Jesse Prince

1139464285274.jpg
  32. JohnnyRUClear Member

Great movie. Well, in its own way. :)

And:
    [IMG]
  33. PagAnon Member

Oh Jesus Christ! Not another god damned marty rathbun thread! Can we get a god damn ban on this shit or something?
  34. Anonymous Member

This needs a situation room!
  35. Anon556 Member

^ this ^

Dox needed
  36. A.Non Hubbard Member

After we create the situation room we'll send out a press release.
  37. Herro Member

I'll get to work on the youtube video. Can someone pm me a link to a torrent of some creepy ambient music?
  38. Anonymous Member

Anyone know what Magoo thinks about this?

After all, Tory is probably the most qualified person to give us an opinion.
  39. Anonymous Member

Have you tried google ?
  40. Anonymous Member

3977017503_9a354323ed.jpg