Customize

TO: Mosey Rathbun files multi-million dollar lawsuit against CoS for harassment

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by rickybobby, Aug 21, 2013.

1. rickybobby Member

Monique Rathbun has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Church of Scientology’s controlling entities and its leader David Miscavige for years of harassment she alleges have caused her serious harm since her husband, Mark “Marty” Rathbun, went public in 2009 with information about his life as a top executive in the church.
    On Friday, the Comal County district court granted Monique a temporary restraining order, calling on Scientology to stop following her and electronically surveilling her. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday whether to convert the restraining order into a temporary injunction, but Monique’s attorney, Ray Jeffrey tells us he thinks the matter will likely be delayed about two weeks.
    After four years of intense harassment, Monique is battling back, Jeffrey tells us, and they expect this to be a brutal fight.

More at:
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/21/mo...gainst-scientology-over-harassment/#more-9420
    • Like Like x 19
  2. Anonymous Member

I knew I liked her.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Asheera Member

I must admit, I didn't see that one coming.
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Anonymous Member

3hn0cPs.jpg

TICK TOCK, MIDGETS
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Anonymous Member

Let's see.... who will be the first to be deposed...... how long before John Allender is forced to watch his go-cammed dumb ass humiliate himself on a big screen?
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Anonymous Member

Or JoAnne having to watch herself cackle larger than life??????
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Malory Member

Monique gives me the warm fuzzies.
    • Like Like x 12
  8. sallysock Member

I really. really, really like this latest development. Whhooo fucking whoo!
    Any still-ins lurking should read the op to see what your donations, hard-work and the sacrifices of your families buy.
    Popcorn.
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Nancy Beazley Member

Just brilliant! Brilliant! This is going to be lulzy beyond belief.

Mosey for President!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Mr. Sloat has been "packaging" fiction thrillers for 14 years. In 2012 he sold the first novel MS and it is in process. Hosted by his Publisher, Mr. Sloat will be in-residence in the Bulverde, Texas area, the site of a majority of the scenes, while completing "The Children Whispered."

http://gregsloat.com/about.html

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nancy Beazley Member

• Like Like x 3
  13. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 7
  14. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  15. Anonymous Member

And CO$ was sooo nice as to give her evidence against them with their fake documentary. I wonder how much they will settle for? Co$ has been doing everything to avoid lawsuits, even allegedly planning to open the super power building.

On a different note, are the CO$ lawyers scilons, or "wogs" ? Because that must be a steady line of employment to be a lawyer for such an evil cult.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Nancy Beazley Member

Cult's lawyers are wogs, with the odd Scilon sub-par lawyer thrown in. But they take their orders in the clench from that uber-lawyer who knows more than all of them put together -- David Miscavige.

That's why the Debbie Cook affair turned out so well. :)
    • Like Like x 9
  17. Anonymous Member

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/monique-rathbun-sues-david-miscavige/#comment-13064
  18. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 7
  19. Anonymous Member

Lemme see:

Innocent victim? Check!
    Heaps and heaps of evidence? Check?
    Lawyer who knows what he's up against? Check?

Waiter, bring moar popcorn, because moar!
    • Like Like x 9
  20. Random guy Member

... and Dark Overlord of the Universe! Xenu, move aside!
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Good for Monique.
  22. Kilia Member

Super Duper EXCELLENT! :)
    • Like Like x 2
  23. fishypants Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  24. genoramix Member

Sorry but which Joanne are you talking about? The one who died from an presumed OD in California?(this smells bs to me, i mean this girl has been into H for 20 years or more without any troubles, and she started speaking up, and then she died...I smell COS shit but i don't know if it's the same person we are talking about.)
  25. wolfbane Member

This is truly AWESOME news. Good on Mosey!!

But one thing worries me in the dox: it is stated she never did any media interviews or spoke out publicly against the church.

Uhhh... UK Channel 4 Documentary: Scientologists At War doesn't count? Granted, that was after they moved. But that argument seems weak.
  26. Anonymous Member

Makes one wonder what kind of religious sacrament involves shipping dildoes to people who have never set foot in your buttchurch.
    • Like Like x 11
  27. Anonymous Member

According to this:
    Looks to me like Greg Sloat owns the publishing company so he is his own host.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

If Scientology changed its focus to be entirely about shipping dildos to people it would be an improvement.
    • Like Like x 13
  29. Anonymous Member

30. tippytoe Member

• Like Like x 10
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Sarah James Member

Mosey did nothing to bring this on. She and Marty moved to find peace. David Miscavige likes to crucify people. Some messed up cult. I used to hold out hope that the tiny man would show some heart maybe even give the sea org slaves back to their families but no he is what he is. Now I say, David don't ever change ,the road your on is the road you built ,your ride is about over.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  33. His website is hilarious. This is the entirety of the Home page. Seriously, this is ALL that's on it. It's like they're not even trying anymore . . . .
    IWHTRuc.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  34. DeathHamster Member

tumblr_lxxejdYIvk1qd31y8o1_500.gif

I gave her my axe, very sharp.
    • Like Like x 5
  35. RightOn Member

my oh my
    'bout time
    so is Marty filing also?
    or is Mosey still going to be the bread winner here for the both of them?
    Sorry to be so cynical during such a joyous moment, but when it comes to Marty, sometimes I can't help it.
    Yes of course she should sue and deserves what she can get from the cult.
    Would love to see a criminal conviction rather than a pay out tho.
    'cause we all know all the dough comes from COS's members.
    IAS regging
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Nancy Beazley Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. timthephoto Member

<3 blogspot blogs
  38. Greg Sloat is Steven (Steve) Sloat.

http://stevesloat.com/about/

The book his "publisher" wanted him to finish (The Children Whispered) while living in a trailer in the middle of Nowhere, TX was "due out December 2012" according to this website.

I could only find a Floyd Sloat and Jackie Sloat in the Service Completions List, and I haven't found a connection between them and Steve/Greg.
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Malory Member

Nothing wrong with the woman being the breadwinner. It's often been surmised that Marty wanted to take over CoS and I now have visions of Monique picking it up in a bankruptcy sale and giving it to him as a birthday trinket.
    • Like Like x 9