Customize

TO: Mosey Rathbun files multi-million dollar lawsuit against CoS for harassment

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by rickybobby, Aug 21, 2013.

1. wolfbane Member

/get gotten.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. RightOn Member

Who was this woman again? Will she be called into the case? In the vid she admits that she is more or less there because of the church.
    She is talking only to Mosey. Rathbun was not home
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RightOn Member

here we go... Tony started blogging
    • Like Like x 1
  4. anonamus Member

• Like Like x 3
  5. Anonymous Member

I <3 Ray Jeffrey. He's kicking ass and taking names.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Horseradish Member

"Capacity" problems and "internal server error" at TonyO's. Can no longer access from London.
  7. Anonymous Member

So. Much. Awesome.

• Like Like x 5
  8. anonamus Member

No issues with my little part of the net:
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anonymous Member

Too many of us hitting F5

Here is what we've got so far. Should tide you over until the problem resolves. (where is not Herro today? Our little troll is late to the party)

11:45 am
    Spencer just said this is the second time that he’s had to bring a motion like this against “these lawyers.”
    Spencer, in other words, is trying to paint a picture that Ray Jeffrey is some kind of clown. Hey, Spence, then why did Ray clean the floor with you the last time?
    Ray: “a highly offensive, dilatory tactic.”
    Ooh. Ray’s got a very strong tone in his voice today. Not like yesterday.
    “There’s no amusement here.” After a 30-year career, never having any accusation like this…it’s not amusing. “This motion is outrageous.”
    We do intend to file a motion for sanctions, to punish them for this dilatory tactic.
    share-small.png

11:48 am
    Motions to disqualify attorneys are the perfect tool for someone seeking a dilatory tactic.
    The single most infamous client in the country for disqualify, dilatory motions is the Church of Scientology.
    You notice they never get really very specific about the confidential material supposedly released in this unethical report.
    Every fact in Marty Rathbun’s affidavit — which we were forced to file — did I receive, your honor, some confidential, privileged inforation that went into that affidavit? Everything in that affidavit I already knew. Your honor, it is all already in the public record. Every single word. And what is so disrespectful is that the church side…has 27 boxes of everything Marty Rathbun has ever written.
    Ray just held up Going Clear by Lawrence Wright, Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman, books by Marty Rathbun — all of the information in Marty’s affidavit was already out there.
    share-small.png

11:51 am
    Kendrick Moxon just scooted out of the courtroom. No idea.
    Ray is saying that the crucial paragraphs in his affidavit — about the hiring of the Jenkins &amp; Gilchrist firm — was already detailed in an affidavit that Marty gave in Ken Dandar’s case in Florida last year. The material was already on the record.
    It is THEIR burden to show that this information is privileged and confidential.
    All of this information was public when it came to “little old me,” Ray said. And he knew it. “I’d read Janet Reitman’s book. I’d read Lawrence Wright’s book.”
    The evidence that they’re crying about is not privileged or confidential. It’s in the public domain.

11:54 am
    Mr. Rathbun spoke out for the first time in 2009. He has spoken out in television and print interviews. He’s written three books. He was the subject of a documentary. He has been involved in other cases — including those involving George Spencer.
    And not once — and they have a dozen lawyers in this courtroom, that’s how lawyered-up they are — and not once have they sued Mr. Rathbun. Not once have they tried to stop him from getting this information out into the public.
    They know that Mr. Rathbun is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world about what has happened in the Church of Scientology. And they know he’s going to be a witness in cases, and yet they don’t go to courts and say, you can’t let him be a witness. They know that’s ridiculous.
    They watch him like a hawk — that’s why they have 27 binders of everything he’s ever written. And that’s why they’ve never once tried to shut him up. All they have is this, this one dilatory tactic.
    They have filed motions to disqualify over and over and over again. That’s the situation we’re in. And that’s why we’re going to come back and seek punishment.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. anonamus Member

11:58 am
    Now slamming Spencer’s sweet-talking of Jefferson’s special appearance. Sue them in California? What it actually does is call the lawsuit extortion.
    Ray: I am an ethical, upstanding attorney. Nothing privileged, confidential information came to me…this is information that was already public.
    I knew all this stuff, your honor, he says.
    For the last five years, they have made zero attempt to keep this stuff secret. Why? Because they know they can’t….So instead, their tactic is always attack the lawyer.
    Spencer cites three white-horse cases that he tells you means you must throw these lawyers out of the court. You know what these cases are? A paralegal works for one firm and then goes to work for another firm on the other side of the lawsuit…That’s not the case here, Ray says.

12:02 pm
    The material is not privileged, they know it’s not privileged. If it were privileged they would have to make an effort to protect it — they have never attempted to protect it.
    Your honor, this is a despicable motion. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.
    As for Spencer’s previous time of trying to disqualify Ray, Ray says that he was about to destroy it, and Spencer ASKED RAY not to file it! Did he tell you that, judge?
    So twice now, I have been called immoral and unethical…and this is absolutely wrong.
    Spencer wants to respond, Waldrip says “I think it was tit for tat.” Spencer sits down.

12:02 pm
    OK, folks, the judge is asking for recording devices to go off. So we’ll be taking notes on paper and get them to you as soon as we can…
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Fuckin eh man!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. RightOn Member

13. Get em' Mark! :)
    you are so smart and brave.
    xo and godbless.
  14. anonamus Member

Now I'm getting 503 error too. Busy server is busy I guess.
  15. "and they have a dozen lawyers in this courtroom, that’s how lawyered-up they are"

- Mr. Ray Jeffry, Esq.

David Miscavige is such a scared little homo that he needs not one, but TWELVE lawyers.
    We've got your number, Dinky Dave ;)
  16. Anonymous Member

Update:

• Like Like x 6
  17. RightOn Member

lol, DM must be pounding his tiny wittle fisties over that statement!
    good shit!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. anonamus Member

Dearest Xenu. Let it be so.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. RightOn Member

screw foot bullets these are moar like foot grenades
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Can we have delicious speculating on this ?

• Like Like x 1
  21. RightOn Member

"while Marty Rathbun was an officer in RTC, he oversaw matters in CSI and OSA"

but yet DM as the LEADER of Scientology, "didn't know him and doesn't want to know him". huh! that is so curious! snark!
    • Like Like x 4
  22. RightOn Member

change his depends?
    he doesn't scoot, he slithers
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Nancy Beazley Member

I'm not counting any chickens until they hatch. But it is so very hard not to.
    • Like Like x 7
  24. Anonymous Member

This judge is going to be fun to watch.
    • Like Like x 4
  25. wolfbane Member

Here's hoping he rules on the motion to disqualify TODAY and this doesn't bleed over to additional days.

Granted, there will likely be a massive flurry of other pre-trial motions filed in the wake of that decision that will delay delay delay getting on with the damages phase. But hopefully, those later filings won't be considered until the temporary injunction motion plays out w/ necessary testimony to back up that request being heard.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. anonamus Member

There comes a time in every weasel's life when you just have to go berserk, no matter how much self control you can muster.
    So maybe our beloved Kendrick reached that point, realizing he's surrounded by incompetent SP's acting as lawyers for scientology?
  27. Nancy Beazley Member

OK, looking forward here's what I predict (after promising not to count any chickens at all):

1. Judge Waldrip will keep RTC / Miscavige in this case.
    2. The Scilons will hire better lawyers. Those will NOT be from San Antonio.
    3. The appeals phase will last for at least six months.
    4. In the meantime, settlement offers will be made.
    5. More settlement offers will be made.
    6. ???
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

MARK>????? If you didn't notice, this case is about Mosey, not Marty Markratbuns.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. anon walker Moderator

7. PROFIT!!!11!!
    • Like Like x 5
  30. Anonymous Member

He went to collect his passport so that he could get the hell out of town.
    • Like Like x 8
  31. Anonymous Member

He was told to set up the room for musical chairs.
    • Like Like x 12
  32. Anonymous Member

I'm sure it was confiscated long ago.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Nancy Beazley Member

That really is funny.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

If more Snow White discussions come up I wonder if anyone will point out that Moxon was an unindicted co-conspirator in that case.
    • Like Like x 7
  35. Anonymous Member

TonyOrtega
    3 minutes ago
    Waiting to get back into the courtroom to find out if we can use the laptop as the judge moves on to other issues in the lawsuit. Subject of lunch debate with fellow reporters -- will Waldrip rule on the disqualify motion right away, or rule later and move on to another question about discovery? Your guess is as good as ours.
    For those keeping score at home, we had the veggie chili at the Phoenix Barroom.
    • Like Like x 4
  36. Anonymous Member

Another excellent, excellent point! Thank you.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. anonamus Member

• Like Like x 5
  38. DeathHamster Member

Ray Jeffrey is a shrimp!

This one:
    • Like Like x 1
  39. DeathHamster Member

David "I don't understand what Rathbun means" Miscavige seems to be having memory problems.
    • Like Like x 7