Customize

TO: Mosey Rathbun files multi-million dollar lawsuit against CoS for harassment

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by rickybobby, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

2:33 pm
    Back in the courtroom. We have a few minutes before things get going. We’ll try to type up a few more notes about George Spencer’s performance on the disqualify motion, which we said earlier was a long push uphill and didn’t seem to get a lot of traction with Judge Waldrip.

Spencer started out restating what he’d said earlier in his opening statement. (And come to think of it, how is George Spencer talking for an hour about this motion “testimony” anyway? There didn’t seem to be much of a reason for us to be kept from using the laptop. Oh well.)

Spencer specifically pointed to paragraphs 25 and 26 of Marty Rathbun’s affidavit, in which Rathbun said that he oversaw every aspect of Scientology’s legal affairs under David Miscavige, and for more than 20 years, the Office of Special Affairs, a part of CSI (Spencer’s client), answered to him.
    When even a non-lawyer has been directly involved in legal matters, that person has confidential information, Spencer asserted.
  3. anonamus Member

Yup. BINGO!
    *Judgehug*
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Anonymous Member

Anybody still need copypasta?
  5. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

Makes perfect sense. If you're a Scientologist. How can any attorney worth their degree present this shit like they believe it?
    • Like Like x 5
  7. anonamus Member

The clams are led to believe they are Homo Novis, when, in fact, they are Homo Nonsense.
    Chairman Clam tiny David Miscavige is telling his attorneys what to present in court, I presume.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. DeathHamster Member

He's probably listening in by phone. Recording bans are for wogs.
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Anonymous Member

Marc H on TonyO blog said whichever douche is leaving is the one reporting to the midget
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  11. Random guy Member

Reporting to Miscavige?
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 10
  13. Anonymous Member

I'm telling you, someone at some RPF somewhere is getting the chairs set up for this.
  14. Anonymous Member

The judge has gone into chambers to review case law. Hope we get a decision today!
  15. Anonymous Member

Well, we can hope.
  16. Anonymous Member

More overr at Tony O's blog, but for now this gem

The case so far....
    David Miscavige should not be deposed or even involved in any way with this lawsuit because he is the ecclesiastical head of the church and not really anything else.

CSI is the bad guy. Sue them, long and hard.

"Just what does CSI do? " “They call it the mother church,” Strieber answered.
    (remember now, they're saying to sue CSI and leave RTC out of it, mmk?)

“If I may, your honor. RTC holds the intellectual property,”
    (not a church)

Douchebags can't even keep up with their own twisted story.
    Good thing the judge seems to be.

lololololololol
    • Like Like x 5
  17. RightOn Member

You can't keep a story straight when there is no reasonable explanation.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  20. RightOn Member

welp! moving onward to Monday.
    Do it right Drib!
    I am just worried that the cult has the whole weekend to try to drum up something on this judge or sweeten the pot to sway his decision.
  21. Anonymous Member

4:42 pm
    So the special appearance issue (whether RTC/David Miscavige should be part of the lawsuit) has been continued to October 18.
    Meanwhile, he’s made no decision yet on the motion to disqualify.

Neither side really got anything at all today. And Waldrip made one utterance that suggests he is concerned about appeals.
    It appears that he’s being very careful, and wants to think things over before making decisions. Good for him. Not so good for us. OK, heading to the bar.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RightOn Member

what does this mean? if he is concerned about appeals than he is more likely to side with the cult?
    'splain
  23. Nancy Beazley Member

Tony's wrong.

Mosey gets to keep her lawyers. Otherwise, the judge woudln't have invited Ray and Lamont to compromise re depositions.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. sallysock Member

drinks.jpg
    Happy Friday! I will resist being frustrated and enjoy the continued press, lulz and dismantling of LRH's pyramid of lies, deceit and horror. Good times, indeed.
    • Like Like x 5
  25. rickybobby Member

One of the delicious things about reading Tony O's blog today is the knowledge that the Tiny Tyrant himself is reading the live blogging and, I am sure, responding with orders to Moxon. Trying to micromanage the arguments and changing strategies several times a day is one sure way to FAIL.

What is the saying-- a man who represents himself has a fool for a client? Well-- DM is, in fact, representing himself, he is just using expensive-suited well-manicured living ventriloquist dummies to do it.
    • Like Like x 5
  26. Listening to the frankly ludicrous arguments put forward by counsel for the mob, if I were Miscavige, I'd consider suing.

:D
    • Like Like x 5
  27. rickybobby Member

I will be looking a bit closer at the footage from today.... I hope they caught Moxon's ingress and egress.

You know that they are getting a new one ripped during the breaks. Oh, I would HATE to be these jokers tonight! Wonder if any of these attorneys are sorry yet that they took this case? Don't they feel STUPID making these asinine arguments?
    • Like Like x 4
  28. RightOn Member

So CSI is "an administrative, business entity."

from he horses mouth that the Church Of Scientology is a business.
    So why are they tax exempt again?
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Random guy Member

I think Ortega was hoping for a ruling. Now it will be a whole weekend, and he may have to return to the Bunker and miss the ruling. I believe that is what he is implying.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

They are there to zealously represent their clients. I'm sure the $500-1000 an hour they are earning makes up for any embarrassment the arguments cause them.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

thEn is for sEquEncing
    thAn is for compAring

This is why normal people hate lawyers.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. RightOn Member

And "n" is for NOT important Johnny dear
  33. wolfbane Member

That was a load of horse shit. Seems the lawyers do not what they speak of.

From the revised articles of incorporation for CSI in 1982:
    http://www.exposescientology.com/scientologycorporations.html

So when they argued this...
    The footbullet factor went nuclear imo. CSI is incorporated to be the ultimate ecclesiastical authority of all-things Scientology. As such, the ecclesiastical leader is fair game as the one who runs all things ecclesiastical.
    • Like Like x 13
  34. Anonymous Member

And yet it is the essence of our legal system, and our economic system: competition will reveal the truth better than any of the other methods.

In law, zealous representation (competition) means we can determine, within our human limits, who is responsible for the acts under consideration.

In economics, it means we find the best use for the materials available. Both law and business require zealously pursuing their interests in order to reveal the truth. It's a process of discovery in both cases.

Lawyers are hated, economics is called the dismal science. maybe that's the connection. People don't like to see this type of competition, this naked assertion of their point of view. People want it left on the ball field. And yet in both cases, law and economics, it results in the best possible outcomes for all the players. Ie, it gives the best hope to find the truth and reveal it to all.
    /derail
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  35. RightOn Member

my head is spinning
    glad to see the lawyers spewing/spinning such crap
    have a great weekend Yingling and Moxon! BWA HA HA
    • Like Like x 1
  36. ^ This is why I don't envy those lawyers, however much they're being paid to bluster and obfuscate.

At every turn, they are risking their professional reputation and standing, and when the internet gets to hear and read it instantly, their comeuppance will not be delayed unduly. It isn't just Miscavige they have to fear. (Cheers, Tony O!)
    • Like Like x 2
  37. RightOn Member

I do not have any regard for Moxon or Yingling, I loathe them. And that goes for any other lawyer who chooses to go up to bat for this insidious cult.
    • Like Like x 5
  38. Anonymous Member

edit: apologies - posted already
  39. Anonymous Member

already posted in this thread look first before you post
  40. rickybobby Member

Well, there's that....