Customize

TO: Mosey Rathbun files multi-million dollar lawsuit against CoS for harassment

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by rickybobby, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

They're complaining about free cameras?

I'd make sure the property was fully posted (with docs), and turn it into my playground. With Texas castle laws, that could be fun.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  3. Anonymous Member

Love the pistols in the background. Jeannie don't need nothing so crude as a gun.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

There are worse role models.

I grew up with Jeannie and her chaotic subversion of the staus quo. I also loved Samantha and her big gay family and the Munsters just being more human than the so-called normal people around them.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

6. jensting Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. jensting Member

• Like Like x 9
  8. Anonymous Member

3rd San Antonio Express-News article. (Revised and expanded from prior article.)

Scientology's 'Squirrel Busters' prompt lawsuit
    http://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...s-Squirrel-Busters-prompt-lawsuit-4750263.php

Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Anonymous Member

One must wonder if Miscavige, who I'm certain is in a full on rage, can actually restrain himself enough to leave Rathbun alone. It is a compulsion for him. He may not be able to stop himself.
    • Like Like x 7

10. Perhaps David Miscavige is not a psychopath, merely a dauntless, resolute, defiant and mentally disturbed sociopath.............

Then again, his incessant beating and rampant imprisonment of top executives in his personal RPF internment camp @ Gold Base in Hemet, Ca suggest otherwise........

Is it ok for a 'religious' institution like Scientology to have its own privately operated internal prison?

What are your crimes, DM?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DeathHamster Member

What!? They dumped a camera on the property that requires frequent trespass to swap the SD memory card and the 12 AA batteries?

http://www.supercircuits.com/law-en...motion-activated-covert-security-camera-sc950

That over-priced POS is strictly for the double-naught spy types. (Oh, it's probably fine for catching cheating wives and husbands, but totally the wrong tool for this job.) The InfraRed illuminator is worse than useless against anyone who knows there's a chance of it. The claimed resolution they get from 3.1 megapixels sounds like "enhancement" crap, but I'd need a coffee before I do the math.

Meh. I could hack something far better for that task with a Raspberry Pi core, wifi or XBee communications, and a real modern battery pack. (Imagine a trespasser swapping 12 freaking AA cells, one by one, while trying to stay hidden? LOLtastic!) Hmm, maybe I will...

Best thing to do to those cameras is find them, open them up, replace the footage with copies of Battlefield Earth, and put them back. (If they do use those clown-shoes IR lights, walk around at night with an IR detector, set off the camera's motion detector, the idiot IR "hit me!" light switches on = one bagged camera!)
    • Like Like x 9
  12. RightOn Member

sooo the COS will deny that the squirrel busters have anything to do with them? right?
    Enter Bert Leahy!
    I wonder if he will be called into this suit?
    And yes of course I wish Mosey the best in this suit. She has been paying for hooking up with Marty since the start.
    Like I said I hope there is a criminal conviction rather than a pay out.
    But if there is a pay out, I hope she takes the cash and runs. FAR
    Wonder if this is why the Freewinds has been in Columbia for the past 6 days. Maybe Davey is setting up his little nest.
    Tinfoil alert.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. JohnnyRUClear Member

A camera was discovered "in the bushes"... and where were these bushes w/r to property lines? Everyone's been assuming they were on Rathbun's property, but I haven't seen that specified.
  14. DeathHamster Member

That could explain why that "writer" was spotted in the woods all the time. (Is that 12 AA batteries in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?)
    • Like Like x 6
  15. DeathHamster Member

From the thread when Marty moved to the new place, I remember that there was supposed to be no view of the house from outside the property. I could be wrong.
  16. Anonymous Member

Bridge Publications perhaps?
  17. Anonymous Member

Ah yes. My bad.
  18. Anonymous Member

Comment section on the Radar article are strangely bereft of CoS trolls. Working up the shore story boys and girls? Can't wait to see this one. Lemme guess... it will include bitter apostates and lying liars who lie?
    • Like Like x 4
  19. DeathHamster Member

You were right. I rechecked the articles. It was an adjacent undeveloped property. I suck!
    Sure... Every publisher leases land for a nobody writer to hack out space on land with no utilities, set up surveillance cameras, eventually bring in an RV, and then spend two years hacking out a book .. on Mars!
    • Like Like x 6
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

Just stay off of Hollywood Boulevard and you should be alright.

Actually, that sounds reasonable on Mars.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Nancy Beazley Member

The longer I'm at this, the more brilliant I find Pooks' description: "Scientology - a shit heap of fail."

And now they're doing shit heap of fail pathetically.
    • Like Like x 5
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Texas woman files multimillion dollar lawsuit against Scientology | WOAI San Antonio

A multimillion dollar lawsuit has been filed against the Church of Scientology over the harassment of a Texas couple who fled to the San Antonio suburbs in failed bid to escape the prying eyes of surveillance cameras.

The suit, filed in Comal County, also names Scientology leader David Miscavage and two men believed to be involved with the California-based organization.

Marty Rathbun was once second-in-command at what many now consider a cult. In a disagreement with the leadership, he fled, going underground in 2004. Five years later, he resurfaced in Ingleside, Texas, speaking out against Scientology. While along the Texas coast, he met Monique Rathbun and the pair married. Even though she was never a member of the church, she quickly became sucked in to harassment.

In a series of well-documented videos, the church sent operatives to their neighborhood, tracking their every move.

"For a period of 199 days, they could not go out of their house without being verbally assaulted," their attorney Ray Jeffrey tells 1200 WOAI news. "The church had a house across the street rented, and filled the windows with cameras."

The pair moved to the San Antonio suburb of Bulverde to escape, but quickly found the plot next door was rented, a trailer was erected and surveillance cameras were posted in the trees.

"That was the straw that broke the camel's back," Jeffrey explains.

The lone plaintiff in the suit is Monique, not her husband It claims intentional infliction of emotional distress, tortuous interference of her employment contract and invasion of privacy.

Continued at
    www.woai.com/articles/woai-local-news-119078/texas-woman-files-multimillion-dollar-lawsuit-11593629/
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

These news articles are astoundingly positive for the plaintiffs side. So much so that I wouldn't be surprised if the goombahs for the defense were to move for a change of venue. Not likely to be granted, if they did.
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

Where exactly would this kind of ass-hattery be more welcomed? Stalking and terrorizing an innocent woman is frowned upon pretty much anywhere there are courts, AFAIK.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. jensting Member

I wonder if, when Bert Leahy (and others, like PIs) get called by team Mosey, the appeals against inclusion of the evidence is going to be allowed to go all the way to the Supreme Court?
    It really is looking like child's play,. at this stage, to find a lawsuit topic which presses the "hot buttons" of David "he is NOT insane!" Miscavige and watch the clam counter maneuvers basically paint them into a corner (at best) or reduce the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology the the status of a vexatious litigant..
    • Like Like x 2
  26. jensting Member

Well, since some nasty, haorrible, newspaper has written about it, it is inconceivable that the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology can get a fair trial. See?

From http://www.factnet.org/altreligionscientology-week-review-49 we have
    This is quoted from http://www.sptimes.com/2003/05/23/Tampabay/Church_requests_that_.shtml

B w a h a h a h a a a a h a a a a a a !
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Anonymous Member

What I find most disgusting about this is the willingness of these non-cult players- many of the PIs and spais seem to have actual law enforcement backgrounds- to perform this harassment of people who are (with the exception of MR2 themselves) innocent of any crime. Obviously the money is too good for them to worry their little heads about legalities let alone morality.

Glad to know the mindset of those tasked with upholding the law past and present.

Go get 'em, Mosey!
    • Like Like x 3
  28. RightOn Member

someone mentioned to me that if the COS was sued in small claims court, that they would not be able to be represented by an attorney and that if DM was named in a suit , he would have to show up or default and pay up.
    If a TON of exs EACH filed a suit in small claims courts (every small claims court is different as far as pay out caps), it would be lulzier that my heart can take.
    They mentioned that a person did this to Honda Corp. They offered them $ 8,000, but then found out they can get $12,000 from small claims court. They filed and the CEO named of course did not show up and they got paid. This is what I was told so please don't say dox or STFU
    I have no idea if this is true or if the info on small claims courts is correct.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology's 'Squirrel Busters' prompt lawsuit | San Antonio Express-News

Beginning in 2011, a defector from the top ranks of Scientology said he was followed, confronted and surveiled at his Gulf Coast apartment by a group of men and women who called themselves “Squirrel Busters” and sought to expose him as a heretic.

Finally, Mark Rathbun and his wife, Monique, had enough and moved late last year to a secluded house north of San Antonio. Rathbun also distanced himself from church affairs, and for a while, it seemed their tormenters had called it quits.

Subscription required to read the rest:
    www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Scientology-s-Squirrel-Busters-prompt-lawsuit-4753179.php

Wife of former Scientology executive who led audits on Tom Cruise accuses cult of filming her and sending her sex toys at work
    • Marty Rathbun's wife Monique has never been a Church member
    • Claims it's made 'numerous, aggressive attempts to intimidate her'
    • She got temporary restraining order last Friday against the Church
    • Alleges she's been 'harassed, insulted, photographed and defamed'
    • Church dismisses lawsuit as 'pathetic get-rich scheme' by husband
    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2400154/Monique-Rathbun-wife-Scientology-executive-Marty-Rathbun-accuses-church-filming-her.html
    • Like Like x 2
  30. rickybobby Member

I suspect that the non cult hired guns are NOT willing to lie under oath for the CoS, even though I am sure that when Mark Warlick and John Allender are deposed they will have no compunction about sticking to the shore story.

PIs have licenses to protect, don't they? And is Mr. Sloat going to risk lying under oath? Me thinks not.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. DeathHamster Member

On the off-chance, I checked the Texas PI registry. There are three Sloats, but not Steve G.

SLOAT , LYNN
    SLOAT , MARIA
    SLOAT , TIMOTHY
    • Like Like x 1
  32. If duly licensed PIs are subpoena'ed and deposed, and they refuse to perjure themselves, David Miscavige is gonna have a lott 'splainin' to do, because the various stories will never jibe.

DMSCOHB.
  33. rickybobby Member

Good thought. I wonder if Greg Sloat is just a down and out writer who was just looking to make a few bucks playing spai. To bad his gig is up before it even got started. He's going to be dragged into court and hosed before he even got a good payday. I'm willing to be he doesn't even have enough money to pay for his own lawyer, and the CoS will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. rickybobby Member

Answered my own question from perusing the aforementioned stevesloat.com
    I guess he missed the excitment of hunting down people.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

He should join Anonymous. He could dox people all day long here.
  36. Anonymous Member

Not the same guy. 2 Steve Sloats in the area, ours is Steven Gregory Sloat watch repairman.
  37. Anonymous Member

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...s-Squirrel-Busters-prompt-lawsuit-4753179.php

38. Anonymous Member

Bert doesn't like Marty because Marty is a piece of shit.
  39. Anonymous Member

What's that got to do with this lawsuit?