Customize

TO: Mosey Rathbun files multi-million dollar lawsuit against CoS for harassment

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by rickybobby, Aug 21, 2013.

1. The Internet Member

I think Scientology is pretty good at scaring people so they turn against their friends. If that were to happen to me, I'd want a way to signal to my friends that the clams got me and I have to obey them to some degree. But how to do that without tipping off Scientology to my covert message?

Finally I think I have found the answer: start acting like Marty. Make outrageous accusations against former allies without dox, be vague, promise that evidence is coming real soon, etc. Then people will know the score.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. If he ever writes a new book it won't certainly be about Scientology. It would be about Scientology critics. He would trash the critics scene. The overall theme would be: "How I, Marty Rathbun, tried to bring peace and understanding to the messy critics scene and how I was mercilessly persecuted thereafter for my kind efforts by those nasty critics. True to my name, I, Marty, am a true Martyr."

The book would be filled with "intimate" details of everyone who has ever crossed his path since his exit from Scientology. One chapter would be dedicated to Tony, another to the Indie scene. Besides the asslickers on his blog and his personal buddies from his Sea Org days, such as Mike Rinder or Dan Koon, everyone would be thrown under the bus.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. RightOn Member

Has Rinder weighed in?
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Tommy Prophet | June 30, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Mark, The reason that I don’t see the four month series of “attacking my wife” because I don’t know where it is. Where is it? I am not trying to argue with you. I am merely asking where is it? I am not taking sides here. I am just asking for references. I want to understand how how anti sciens could be at war with other anti sciens . It seems to me we should be all in the same camp. WTF is going on here?

Please tell me where to look.

Thanks.

Mark C. Rathbun | July 1, 2016 at 6:44 am

If you weren’t affected by it, don’t waste your time.
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology Floggers

Posted on July 2, 2016 by Mark C. Rathbun

Quote:

Within 24 hours of posting Cyber Cults, the anti-scientology cyber-cult came unglued. If you haven’t read Cyber Cults and its links, I suggest you do so before reading on. The links are to three thoroughly unrelated people – also unrelated to me – who independently shared experiences of cult-like behavior from flogger (a blogger who flogs the alleged lives of others for money) Tony Ortega. Immediately, Ortega followers zealously rallied to his defense, characterizing the calmly-stated, fact-filled observations I linked to as evil-motivated “attacks” upon their dear leader. What was remarkable was the almost uniform application of an important characteristic of cult behavior.

That is taken from Steve Hassan whom the Ortega cult itself has promoted as quite the authority on cults. It is, “Make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault.” Like so many hyenas, the anti-scientology cult members reactively rallied to attack in Ortega’s defense (ignoring the substance of the observations about his conduct) and viciously went after me and all three of those sharing independent experiences about their leader. We were accused of being Scientology operatives, mentally ill, and a plethora of derogatory epitaphs not fit for re-publication here.

One of Ortega’s more hysterical devotees called for censorship of myself and the other three, then targeted a facebook group (containing more than 400 members critical of scientology) as being fair game for having had the temerity to discuss the substance of my post Cyber Cults. Those pronunciamentos (and their avid acceptance and support by other cyber cultists) demonstrated most of the elements of the following additional Hassan cult characteristic:

Require members to internalize the group’s doctrine as truth
    a. Adopting the group’s ‘map of reality’ as reality
    b. Instill black and white thinking
    c. Decide between good vs. evil
    d. Organize people into us vs. them (insiders vs. outsiders)

For any who doubt these characterizations of the reaction to Cyber Cults, they can verify them by reading the thread themselves (or as much as they can stomach) at ex-scientologist message board.

<snipped>

As a final side note, I noticed a lot of cyber-cultists characterizing my recent posts as some sort of ‘war’ on Tony Ortega and that I wish to engage him in some public debate. That is another indication of their cult-like, insular belief that the real universe revolves around their play world. As far as Ortega is concerned I am only preparing the ground to correct the public record he polluted for four months about my family. He is merely one of thousands of click bait floggers plying his trade as floggers do. I have no intention of changing that – that is fundamentally who he is. The vermin he carries water for might be another story. It depends on how they continue to respond and not respond.

More here, with open comments:
    https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2016/07/02/scientology-floggers/
  7. Cults! Cults! Cults everywhere, I say!

I hope his access to sharp objects is restricted.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. JohnnyRUClear Member

The word "cult" can be an example of the black/white thought process. Is X a cult? If one is forced to choose yes/no, one is liable to want to align everything with that chosen yes/no response. However, a cult isn't necessarily a cult -- meaning that there are many attributes of cults, and a given entity can share some of those attributes and not others. This can lead to endless debates over whether it is or isn't a cult.

In the case of the UB, Tony's devotees do evidence some attributes of cult-like behavior, as MartyR points out. That this is so should be "fair game" for discussion. However, the word "cult" is so polarizing that the discussion is likely to get bogged down in reflexive mud-slinging rather than foster intelligent analysis.

I don't think the UB will ever be a cult in the same full-fledged way that Scientology is. I just don't see the elements forming for that to occur. However, it would be wise to reflect on the ways in which any group of people can become insular and adopt us/them thinking a la cults, and further to consider whether some alteration of speech/behavior habits might be in order.
  9. Well we are a little "cult"amongst ourselves
  10. The UB is a big soap opera with a fan base. There are some rabid fanatics, some that use it as a daily escape, and some that have a cursory interest in the topic and players. You can find cult-like behaviors in fanatics of all flavors including Game of Thrones fans.

I still think he loves fucking with people for attention. My cat does this every day when I get on the phone. She tries to knock stuff off a shelf onto my head until I give her any type of attention, negative or positive.
    • Like Like x 8
  11. Why do the mods keep putting you on "vacation" at ESMB?, you are WWP's best contributor. Are you still a parishioner of The Church of Martyology?
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. It's utter tosh, bunkum and poppycock to suggest, or even entertain the notion, that the Bunker commenters comprise any sort of cult.

On the contrary, it's no more than a disparate group of people who are free to express whatever opinions pop into their heads, who happen to share a view that Scientology is evil.

When Tony Ortega orders his fans to go around beating up their fellow bunkeroos, or extorts their retirement incomes, or has children working as slaves, then maybe I will listen to Marty and put aside the twenty years of solid exposes and high-quality journalism that Tony has built his reputation upon.

Until then, I'll just continue to believe that Marty is a moron, and/or is doing the A-E steps to 'strike a blow against the enemies' of Scientology.

tl;dr TO has DOX. Marty got nuthin'.
    • Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Random guy Member

He's smart enough not to be dragged into this clusterfuck.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. RightOn Member

give him time, I think it's best if he does.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. DeathHamster Member

Marty has substance. We don't know what that substance is yet.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. GibbousWaxing Member

But it strongly resembles Silly Putty.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. The Internet Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Random guy Member

As I said, Ridenr's probably too smart to be dragged into that clusterfuck. Actually, I think he's too smart to put himself in a position where he'd even be relevant in the discussion.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. JohnnyRUClear Member

Forget about MartyR (if you can... LOL). You're glossing over the fact that several others have raised objections to cultish "Bunkeroo" behavior they have experienced or even participated in. And you're doing exactly what I called out: treating the cult idea as a 1/0 true/false question rather than examining all the various cult-like behaviors which groups can get themselves into. Obviously there are no extreme or criminal behaviors occurring, such as those you list. But there are some others which are occurring, and that can get lost in the usual reduction to true/false black/white analysis.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Random guy Member

Very good point!

A lot of bunkerites treat the Bunker like a social on-line hangout. I'm not saying WWP is free from that either, but Ortegas site has a higher hugbox factor. Social hangouts lead to social investment, which turns to emotional investment. Emotional investment is the fuel that cults run on. I'm not saying the Bunker is a cult (or that Rathbun is right!), but it certainly has cultic elements.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. I'm clearly biased with very good reasons for being so.

Imho.....

Based on history and personality:

It's very 'clear':

Marty Rathbun: Self-serving, Pro-Cult Fraud

Tony Ortega: Anti-Cult Reporter Extraordinaire

Tony, Thanks so much for all you've done to expose the brutally abusive LRH cult of Scientology.

Marty, you've brutally abused countless Scientologists and their extended families implementing LRH 'policy' as the chief enforcer for decades and now you cry victim.

Here's just one of your many victims, Marty:
    lisamcpherson1-png.131060.png
    Lisa McPherson before her brutal death in Scientology lockdown forcibly undergoing the insane LRH Introspection Rundown following a psychotic episode after a minor car accident in Clearwater, Fl.
    lisamcpherson2-png.131061.png
    Lisa McPherson: 17 days later just before her brutal death. ''17'' Fucking days later!

Marty Rathbun destroyed critical evidence concerning the implementation of this brutal LRH rundown that caused her death to protect The cult of Scientology.

Just following LRH policy Marty, Right?.......
    Just like the beatings you administered at Gold Base?........
    Just following DM's orders, Marty, Right?..............

Google: Marty Rathbun / Lisa McPherson's Horrible Death
    • Like Like x 5
  22. Lightattheendofthetunnel expresses my views almost exactly.

Of course there will be hugboxes within any group. All God's chillun enjoy a hug or two.

I will concede that there are some elements of a 'personality cult' around the person of TO. Having lurked at the Bunker avidly since its launch, I'm very familiar with the place. What I see there is benign, largely because TO himself has his feet firmly placed on the ground, and spends his time working very hard to do what he feels some kind of obligation to do, helped by all sorts of people with their own stories to tell, who are in turn helped by the exposure TO makes possible.

I suppose the caveat from history is that, if even a disgusting fat conman like Elron can form a cult, anyone can, so we can never say with absolute certainty what may develop in the future. I can only use my judgment of what has been and what is to say that I see nothing to be in the least concerned about in the general thrust of the community that has grown around the Bunker. That's not to support every last thing anyone has said or done.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. I believe that there are a few bunkeroos who've left the reservation and show some cult-like tendencies but some of that is understandable due to the fact that they may have spent decades inside the abusive cult of Scientology themselves.

Tony's forum gives them a place to express their frustrations, share their experiences and even indulge in some conspiracy theories which may or may not be fact. Marty censors his bloggers, Tony, nah.

Tony Ortega has been followed and fair-gamed by Scientology for a lot longer than the hypocritical crybaby abuser Marty Rathbun. He's stood up to it extremely well and doesn't dwell on it. His work with and compassion for Paulette Cooper is quite remarkable and their book together is something I treasure.
    • Like Like x 9
    • Like Like x 7

24. Here's psychopathic liar Marty Rathhbun in action. (This detestable scumbag refers to many Scientology legitimate protesters as Vermin)

Marty 'King Rat' of Vermin is caught lying through his teeth to Mark Bunker in this 'Knowledge Report' scene that he turned into a 'not me' propaganda piece about his criminal involvement in covering up for Scientology's illegal lock-down of Lisa McPherson by the insane LRH Introspection 'Murderous' Rundown for 17 days that killed her.

In this farcical story, Marty blames the non-English speaking people (the 'help') who 'watched' her for the 17 day absurd brutal deterioration and final demise of Lisa. He then blames an incompetent pill popping unlicensed Scientology 'Doctor', another Scientology 'Doctor' implementing Hubbard's murderous 'Tech' who also spoke no English and finally Eliot Abelson gets thrown under Marty's bus for the idea to destroy records which Marty merely complied with as senior officer.

Explain this King Rat.......... Partial list of your Non-English speaking watchers (the 'help') who apparently wrote fluently in English about their horrendous administration of the LRH Introspection Rundown, never even speaking to her once, per policy, you know like the many Scientology policies you enforced for decades.

Sorry for the length of this post for emphasis, there's much more @ http://www.xenu-directory.net/mirrors/www.whyaretheydead.net/lisa_mcpherson/logs/lisa1205.htm

More info from the NON-ENGLISH speaking 'watchers, Marty.......

Read this shit, Marty, you've seen it before, it's so horrible, I can't even imagine how brutal the logs you destroyed were, one thing it most certainly is not is NON ENGLISH speaking help watching over her and you needed interpreters to understand them, you're a lying sack of shit. an utter fraud like LRH!

Magnesium, calmag, vitamins, bruises, kicking, spitting, pale, weak, locked in a room for 17 days.......etc...... This was the 'care' that Scientology provided this young attractive woman?

Fuck You and your disgusting cover up, Marty Rathbun! You think your family has it tough, how about the family of Lisa McPherson and the many, many families that you helped destroy by administering LRH policy and 'Tech as the Scientology Chief Enforcer dressed up in an absurd nautical uniform.

I protest and help expose abuses to hopefully help all Scientologists wake up someday and get over the mind-fuck of LRH even those who implemented abusive LRH Tech and policy like you Marty. I've about given up all hope for what little may be left of your humanity. You are perhaps the saddest product of LRH Tech I have ever seen.
    • Like Like x 7
  25. RightOn Member

It still astounds me that the cult got away with what they did and all the people who were involved are still out there and free.
    And who knows how many more "bodies are buried in the desert"?

Since when does a "religion" have the right to put anyone on "baby watch" and administer ANYTHING to them and keep a person against their will and not talk to them for days? And then let her die because the first hospital didn't have a sciloon doctor.
    The Introspective Rundown was written by Hubbard and followed out by his minions. Proof of negligence right there.
    This was an open and shut case.
    The pictures alone should have been more than enough proof of foul play. IMO
    Sickens me every time I revisit this case.

For all the people who are still not coming forward about this incident who were directly involved or contributed to it's cover up, may you some day endure some of the same as Lisa did. Maybe then you will finally understand what you have done.
    Not contacting authorities so the world can know the ruthless agenda of this cult, ( whether it is too late or not), is not only a crime, but morally incomprehensible.
    "Save the planet"?
    More like save your own and the cult's ass.
    At the end of the day, at the very least, I hope the guilt eats them all alive.
    • Like Like x 5
  26. fishypants Moderator

Seems like the man has to feel he's the victim and target of an 'enemy' at all times.

First it was those evil SPs, then it was Scientology (he was right about that one), now it's - for reasons which totally escape me - Tony Ortega.

I'm a little disappointed that ESMB gets a mention but WWP doesn't! Is this a sign that we're not hatey enough these days? Or just that we don't see Marty as the centre of attention?

Anyway, whatever. Loonies gonna loon.
    • Like Like x 5
  27. DeathHamster Member

Or dumped in a river...
    • Like Like x 4
  28. RightOn Member

cue in rim shot
    • Like Like x 1
  29. 566

Too many windows are broken at WWP so it doesn't matter.

30. We were never on the Ratburn love wagon. He still had (or has) sycophants at the hugbox and you just know that a rabid narcissist can't help but read any adulation written about him. I think he still visits the 'natterboard' daily. Most of us called foul on his game in 2009 so he wrote us off long ago.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. AnonLover Member

Disappointed is the wrong word. I find Marty's reaction telling and it shows he's running a propaganda campaign to specifically target where emotions and sympathy runs the highest.

The response to the news that the case was being shit canned was like a chain of atomic love bombs imploding with a tsunami of Mosay-sympathy flooding everywhere but WWP and reddit where the response towards her was mostly neutral.

TO's blog, ESMB and all the FB groups went way off the rails with "poor Mosey, we love Mosey, wish Mosey all the best." Mosey. Mosey, Mosey all Mosey. The blind faith love was so off the charts and unrealistic I found it both bizarre and scary (as in WTF is wrong with these idgits NOT questioning anything).

There were a few bitchy remarks directed at Marty only, but they were overwhelmingly drowned out with dozens of Mosey-love posts. Here on WWP it was primarily bitchy and questioning posts focus on Marty and very little Mosey love, so of course we were left out.

The way I see it and YMMV, Marty's batshit cray cray lies that Mosey was threatened and harassed really showed his arse imo. Stupid loon is trying to cash in on all that Mosey-love to turn people against TO and he was so desperate for an audience him and Alanzo both posted links to their shit posts on Reddit where it fell flat (and moar downvotes needed on that front) and was politely dismissed.
    • Like Like x 9
  32. Not a church? When are they a church and when not? A Church for tax-exemption only? To lure members then Not a church?
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Just when I thought Marty pulled his head outta the scientology arse of self importance...he shows that he's still very much a thought-driven-scientologit.
    Wake up Martyr Ratbutt, You arent the be-all-and-end-all of scientology expertise.
    Scientology FUCKED YOU OVER-simple
    • Like Like x 3
  34. magnet Member

One day in the not too distant future:

x3whab.jpg
    • Like Like x 7
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. Quentinanon Member

I would like to see Smarmy Ragburn's facial likeness on sheets of toilet paper.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. CarterUSP Member

He does on my toilet paper. After I've wiped, it looks just like him.
    • Like Like x 3