Customize

To those visiting this forum for the first time

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by kitfisto, Jan 2, 2009.

1. kitfisto Member

To those visiting this forum for the first time

What are your thoughts or concerns? Any questions you may have please post here .
  2. RavenEyes Member

re: To those visiting this forum for the first time

Guest to this site cannot post without registering, but this thread is a nice gesture.
  3. Kilia Member

Well, perhaps some will register and talk to us.
  4. anongurl7 Member

Newbies? Read everything you can.
  5. Hostile Member

it would be appreciated... also, notice to visitors:

there is a lot of jargon here. you may not understand their origins or meanings.
    this might help

CoS, Co$, sci = church of scientology

LRH, Hubbard, Flubbard, Hubtard = L ron Hubbard, creator of scientology

scilon, clam = scientologist
    osa = scientology's office of special affairs, their answer to the fbi. they use this subdivision to dig up information on you so they can sue/defame you

dm, davie, dwarf, miscarriage = david miscavige, scientology's current leader (hubbard died in the mid '80s)

___fag = a running joke of anonymous'. originated on our imageboards where nobody really cares what others think and don't care for others. nothing against gays, just that everyone called each other fag, so it became a redundant greeting/title.

lurk moar = intentional misspelling of lurk more. basically, telling someone to sit back and watch what happens until you understand it enough to post about it. (that means you, visitors)

tldr = too long, didnt' read.

SP = supressive person, what scientology calls someone who opposes them. SPs are, to scientology, less than human, evil and to be avoided. if a scientologist is found to be in contact with an SP, they get in a lot of trouble, told to disconnect or RPFed

disconnection = scientology's policy of having members distance themselves from non scientologists. including friends and family members

RPF = Rehabilitation Project Force, a large operation just east of LA california where scientology forces its bad members to go. essentially, a slave labour camp. did I mention the RPF has a children's division as well?

did I miss anything? otherwise, you can just google it.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Donovan Cook Member

Re: To those visiting this forum for the first time

Your post is very handy to newbies. But I must correct your dating of Hubbard's death. He died in 1986. Jan. 24th...coming up soon.

I hope people are linking their way here and taking a minute or two to look around.

New to scientology??
    Welcome to the rabbit hole
  7. RavenEyes Member

Yes - my post wasn't as clear as it should've been. I meant it to alert guests that if they wished to post a question/comment, they'd need to register on the site first. Thanks for clarifying. :)
  8. Buttons Member

Lots of people registering tonight.
    Great opportunity to bump informative threads to the front page.
  9. DamOTclese Member

I think that most people who are new to details about Scientology, the crimes it commits, the horrible preventable death... I think that most are aware that something is wrong with Scientology, they just don't know how bad it really is.

If Jett Travolta was denied medicine because of the insane quack medical frauds Scientology commits, someone needs to go to prison for this latest Scientology related death. If Jett Travolta was afforded medicine and wasn't subjected to Scientology's insane "Purification Rundown" a.k.a. "Narconon" a.k.a. "Second Chance" quack medican scam, Scientology can't be blamed for this one.
  10. imariscent Member

They are basically saying the same thing in the news, about how he died. They stated also that he was on medication, but we won't know the facts until an autopsy is done; which I am guessing they will not find any trace of it.
  11. anonymous451 Member

12. WTF Member

Did you come here to play "jesus"...to the lepers in your head?

13. COSProtester Member

I am brand new to this forum and appreciate the warm welcomes by the members! I have supported this cause and mode of protest and thinking for some time now. I came here from a reference on a blog concerning the death of Jett Travolta. I am saddened by a parent losing a child, but I cannot shake the feeling that this death may have been preventable and could possibly be due to the negligence caused by the COS practices. While there is no reason to think of any premeditation, the fact that it is in the Bahamas is also concerning in that anything damning could easily be covered up. I am willing to bet that the body will also be cremated before there is any chance for an independent and dependable autopsy to take place. Because of the nature of so many factors, we may never know what happened, but some of us may suspect certain things.
    I would also like to say that I went to a protest several months ago for the first time and we were warned about revealing our identity to anyone and people said it was much safer to wear anything that would cover us up from being identified. I found this disconcerting to say the least, but after seeing many people taking photos of our smallish group (100 people+ at least 12-15 people 'documenting' us that we could see) and some unmarked camera wielding people asking for us to state our name, I fully understood the warning and took it to heed! Nothing dramatic happened during our peaceful protest, but our every move was well documented, especially of those not so well covered by disguises. I also noticed that when I left to get in my car (parked far away for purpose), that I was photographed and further watched until I was well clear of the area! I have never felt paranoia of any type until that moment! I am just glad that we were well warned by our fellow protesters! I will never forget that moment and I now feel much more galvanized to the cause now!
    I would like to thank the creators of this forum and site and those who contribute and help newbies such as myself! Now I am off to explore the other parts of this site! Thank you all very much!
  14. WTF Member

/salute and welcome

may you never be the same ;-)
  15. COSProtester Member

Thank you very much! As for your sig, some change came during my first protest! It's amazing what a little real life fear can do to motivate someone! My change will continue forward! I just hope the turnout is larger next time, but at least we gave it a shot!
  16. The Shadow Member

Urban Dictionary, January 3: snow hysteria should have the bulk of the terms that we use on this site

Please, join up and talk to us!!
  17. Hostile Member

ok, I fixed it.

thanks for coming
    your first post also reminds me,

to any other newcomers: if you're going to contact us or scientology about this, hide your identity (this includes phone numbers, names, address, etc)

we're not anonymous here just for kicks (well, actually most of us are, but scientology is not something you just walk up to and say "hi I'm David Mudkips, and I don't support your religion")
  18. catwoman30 Member

I am glad to have found this site-although I obviously wish it were under better circumstances.I have had issues with CoS for many years now.....I actually attempted to read some of their literature(being an open minded person)and within a few pages thought "Um-no".I feel so sorry for the Travolta family but will withhold any other judgements until/if an autopsy is performed.Thanks for a great site.
  19. Kilia Member

My website stats just informed me that I had 23megs of transfers in the last 24 hours. Mostly from my "freebies" pages. Yes, this is a large number for such a small website. But thanks to the ptb that I have a monthly 7910 GB of bandwidth usage. lol

Welcome new people!
    <3
  20. tazor Member

Welcome newbies. Get ready for a bumpy ride! :)
  21. Re: To those visiting this forum for the first time

This works on consensus, there is no hierarchy. Bad ideas get torn to pieces, and people who post them get called idiots. That is the only way to make sure that this works. It's not personal. If you are not big enough to leave you ego behind, GTFO.

For those delicate flowers who can't accept criticism, we do have a pussy site coming soon. It's called question scientology.
  22. Mutante Member

If you're new, buy 'The Complex' by John Duignan. Tom Cruise recommends it.

tomcruisegivesthethumbsdd9.jpg
  23. PresidentShaw Member

Hello newbies!
    Don't hesitate to ask for help if needed!
  24. MrNiceNice Member

x
  25. Throe Member

First, (not trying to derail the thread here) where was last last image from? That would be really ballsy to actually hand him a copy of the book.

Second, this site is awesome. I like the 'Dox or GTFO' mindset, and I like the group tearing apart ideas. Sometimes one person alone misses a flaw, where a group finds it.
  26. MrNiceNice Member

x
  27. iaxiloll Member

Hello newbies! Welcome to the forum. Although some members may appear not to be nice or might seem unfriendly, keep in mind that we are still all dedicated to the cause. Anonymous is not your friend and many are not here to make friends, but we are all dedicated to dismamtling the cult of Scientology in it s present form. We are not against it s members but we are against it s criminal structure. Feel free to ask questions, never take anything too srsly, and have all the lulz you need.
  28. Throe Member

Damn, that's one of the best shoops I've seen. Someone's got to actually hand him the book now. :p
  29. iaxiloll Member

Lol !!
  30. DarthXenu Member

Can the OP please add a link the our FAQ?

Some warnings about our memes? U know, explaining why we talk so much "faggot" and "nigger" and its actually not discriminatory but encouragement?

A nice warning about how anonymous trolling itself?

People are registering. Happy site bump!
  31. Skeptic1337 Member

Yeah if I randomly stumbled upon this forum while searching some celeb news the first thing I'd want to do is read about memes and a bunch of tldr.

Spot on you guys know how to get peoples attention!!!!

Chances are if I read this thread i'd cut my self repeatedly.
  32. Hostile Member

then perhaps it should be renamed "attention newcomers and visitors, if you're confused about acronyms or what we're saying, read"

I for one, welcome our new celebrity obsessed visitors
  33. Mutante Member

34. SpasticGum Member

O hai newfags :D
    I think it's safe enough to say newfag if you've read the above posts and understand it.
    I'm so pleased that everyone's interested, I could skip about and hand all the Scilons flowers *.* yeeeeey, skippity, skippity, skip :3
    -Ahem-
    Welcome to Why We Protest. If you're confused, there's a opaque black banner-thing up top, which has links, more about Anonymous, more about Scientology, ETC
  35. incog712 Member

O hai I iz oldfag nao
  36. steelhand Member

All are welcome into the House of Anon! Mind the cats underfoot. Watch for Trolls!!! HeH Heh.
  37. TheBitch Member

As a semi-pro troll, I haz to say I resent your warning the noobz.

We has tradition to uphold!

BaptismbyFireCover_L.jpg
  38. steelhand Member

The CaTs tOlD mE tO.
  39. TheBitch Member

How many times must we tell you!

[IMG]

No lissen to katz, nao take yer Depakote so you don't haz a seizure and bash in yer skull in tub.
  40. steelhand Member

Besides..., Its no fun if they don't see you coming! A bit more honorable too.