Customize

Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Kalashnikov Member

Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

LOL!!! Tommy did a big footbullet at around 2:15!!

DM's gonna have him in the RPF for sure!
  2. Anonymous Member

Tommy Davis always gets confused when confronted with the idea of "science" and he gets angry when you talk about Scientology.
  3. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Good question. If it is someone from Channel 9, it will make it look like Jamie Packer is still in. If it is Murdoch's paper's, I suspect it will look suspect. There isn't anyone else.

:(

The lack of journalists in Aus and the fact that Fox and Packer were very pro-Scientology for a long time was one of the things that got me interested...
  4. q_p Member

When I first saw Tommy in the video I instantly saw aging and strain. He plays it light and easy but I can see he's under pressure. It's weird how stress can "wear out" a person.
  5. Anonymous Member

yeah Tommy seems like he is going to burst into tears at any moment
  6. Belladonna Member

Thanks for the heads up. That was very satisfying. Good stuff, Smurf!
  7. q_p Member

Does anyone else notice Nancy sounding like Tom Cruise with the sound effects replacing words? I've heard this a few times from scientologist. I'm not sure if it's the personality or the religion. It might be some people aren't fast enough on their feet so they learn that skill to supplement the weak communication skills. Or it could be Scientologist don't know what they're talking about and use these cues to to prompt the other person so they don't have to explain their airy words. I'm not sure.
  8. Kalashnikov Member

That was awesome.

Apparently they're going to drop millions on a new PR campaign to try and fill their ideal orgs.

Time for a massive global protest.
  9. Tofuman666 Member

Nancy Cartwright failed so hard.
  10. zbvxrpl Member

I reckon. I'm thinking that they have to work very hard to make sure they don't talk like a wog, and get everything right scieno-wise, as they are always selling their religion, and so they um, arrr, pull faces, animate, pause as if to wisely reflect on the answer, etc. I don't think they can think fast on their feet because of this, so the fastest replies are always the rote learned ones - see Jenna Elfman, et al
  11. Krautfag Member

Just watched...

Seeing Charming Tommy made me afraid, very afraid. He wont suddenly change sides and help the COS now, will he? :/

Well, looks like our Tommy is coming back tomorrow then on TT :D
  12. Anonymous Member

"You got it, right here, right now. I'm angry, real angry."
    Sooooo dramatic. lol.
    I wonder what music Tommy Davis has playing in his head in those moments? What's the soundtrack to his life like?
  13. Kalashnikov Member

Knowing Tommy, I'd imagine it's played by the skin flute orchestra.
  14. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

LULZ. Hopefully 7 is saving the best for last - just like edit Nightline
  15. Anonymous Member

"one day, my prince will come...", as he dreams of lil' arms-a-pumpin'
  16. Anonymous Member

When/After he storms off the scene it's "dramatic chipmunk" for sure.
  17. Anonymous Member

I think Today Tonight failed a wee bit. They spoke with celebrity members. Of course they're going to say great things about Scientology, they're celebrity members. They're experience will be totally different from non-celeb members.
    And then they spoke to ex-members, and then implied that they are all liars. (as per Tommy's words). Or that they're all crazy and over exaggerating.
    Why not try to talk to some Sea Org members around the orgs they visited? Or some members of the RPF? Or some public Scientologists that were going in for course?
    Slanted.
  18. Anonymous Member

Honestly...someone who has been in so long and given so much money should have an easy time explaining her beliefs in a relaxed fashion.

If she unsure what she believes, that's lame
    If she is sure what she believes, but is worried about saying it OUTLOUD, that is lame as well.
  19. Anonymous Member

Nancy's mentioning of becoming God should really be forwarded to the Catholic Church.
  20. ryangiggs Member

My money's on this guy...
    gunstonnews.jpg
  21. zbvxrpl Member

watchout, he's in the Kiss army.
  22. Anonymous Member

Did I hear right where she said, the best way to describe it is to "name that God," and strive to be it? Aside from a potential new name for a tv game show, what the hell is she talking about?
  23. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Brian = brilliant report as usual. Nice Work. Should be better tomorrow. Hopefully angry Tommy will rear his ugly head.

Interesting that they spoke of some sort of campagin in Oz. I personally think they are fucked out here. I am curious to see if I am regarded with suspicion should I walk into an Org tmoz... Or maybe they wont notice me in the empty Ascot Vale shell
  24. charlie Member

Nancy came across as clueless makeing stupid noise's,she wants to be a god LOL.
  25. HouseSpiderV3 Member

spiderman_came.jpg

wait.... there's going to be MOAR tomorrow???? This is getting awesome.
  26. Anonymous Member

yes you heard it right, but you probably didn't understand it right, she meant that she believes in a higher power, that this power should be named "god" and that her goal is to become that god herself. Your idea about the game show is awesome though!

I think she's spot on, because what else is "being at cause over MEST" supposed to mean? If you control matter, energy, space and time you are a kind of god.
  27. Anonymous Member

From a Scientological perspective, what Nancy said is true - achieving the state of Clear, and becoming an Operating Thetan, is becoming God. Scientologists do not believe in a higher power - they believe they are the higher power. That's why they say they are the authorities. That is why they feel they have the right to destroy anyone who disagrees with them. Because that is what a God-like entity would do.
  28. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

PART 1 of 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhYio-hrLvE"]YouTube- Today Tonight interview Tommy Davis & Co. Broadcast Feb 22 2010 - Part 1 of 2[/ame]

PART 2 of 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS37-OW6K7A"]YouTube- Today Tonight interview Tommy Davis & Co. Broadcast Feb 22 2010 - Part 2 of 2[/ame]
  29. Re: Today Tonight Monday 22 February 2010

Yep tmoz Tommy and Xenophon go head to head. Well sort of.
  30. Anonymous Member

In b4 footbullet man
  31. Anonymous Member

thanks for that, I feel like a doofus now. and I get how she would think she is a god if she can be at cause over MEST, being the complete brainwashed idiot that she is. I wonder why they have pinched to word God? Why not something from their arsenal of made-up words? Xenu's out coz he causes pneumonia, but come on, imagination, people.

I hope there's still potential for that game show, though.
  32. Anonynamefag Member

Becoming God? Methinks Catholic Online would get a kick out of that one.

Footbullet gold ITT. Digg link?
  33. TinyDancer Member

• Bryan did a good job of letting the Sci celebs explain their beliefs and letting us answer the resulting questions for ourselves. They were treated fairly.
    • Nancy looked great. I like her hair like that. Her inability to explain God (and Marisol Nichol's differing understanding of God) reflects the reality that Scientology barely touches on God andthe spiritual realm at all.
    • Tommy did really well to adopt an appropriate manner (so far).
    • Smurf is looking almost skinny!!
    • Great shot of Tory. How does she get her hair to stay in place so well?
    • Who's the cutie typing into his laptop? (Don't answer that, Anon)
    • The freedom mag camera guy was robotic and appeared insane.
    • Maureen and Laura looked beautiful. Their stories will always haunt me.
  34. Barry41 Member

Here is a standard definition recording, the signal drops out momentarily a couple of times but it is still watchable:
    [ame=http://vimeo.com/9638665]Today Tonight Scientology Feb 22 2010 glitchy version on Vimeo[/ame]

Hmm sorry the aspect ratio is wrong, it seems vimeo no longer supports videos with non-square pixels
  35. Gottabrain Member

I saw it on television tonight.

This was undoubtedly the BEST show I have ever seen on television supporting our cause and showing the lies, huge expenses, deceit, insanity and covert methods with real footage. Tommy blew it again when he was asked to show the actual accounting docs to show where the money went and refused. Sure, he doesn't want to show the SO getting their $50/week with NO medical or dental coverage amidst all these extravagant building expenses, does he?

I watched it with someone who knows NOTHING about Scn or our protest and he fully understood every point. It was a masterpiece.

I am stunned. It was beautifully done. Factual. Live footage.

MONSTROUS HUGE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU TODAY TONIGHT!!!!!!
  36. Anonynamefag Member

I agree. They weren't brow-beaten, and they were given chances to explain themselves in their own words. If there truly were any mistakes, it was on the part of the Scilons.
    Didn't the cult in Boston say that they believed in God when they were trying to get Gregg charged with disrupting a worship service on a Sunday?
    He did seem composed, but I won't hold my breath for tomorrow.
    Yeah. Creepy.
    I'm really glad TT aired that. Hopefully that will hit other people hard, too.
  37. ryangiggs Member

"Things get nasty" tomorrow.

My thoughts about today:-
    - Bryan is a clever guy. Doesn't push things too hard. Stays pleasant.
    Doing it this way gives you more time with the scientology 'tour'. Backstage even.
    - Looking great, Smurf. Keep it up!
    - I feel sorry for Maureen. Still shaky all these years later.
    - Creepy camera guy is creepy. You need some colour, Hun!
    - Still time for you to get out, Tommy.
    - The public ain't falling for it anymore, Scientology.

- I see a monster epic raid on opening day at their ideal morgue in Oz
    (if it ever opens).

Thanks for the youtube vids :)
  38. Anonymous Member

/r/ digg

also

roflbotfsyw.jpg
  39. Anonynamefag Member

40. someonerandom Member

tommy= captain state the fking obvious