Customize

Today Tonight takes on the Oxford Capacity Analysis

Discussion in 'Media' started by TinyDancer, May 6, 2011.

1. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 37
  2. Anontacular Member

Thank you!
  3. AnonLover Member

SCORE!!!!
  4. Anonymous Member

Yet another cult footbullet,and a sign of desperation.
  5. hushpuppy Member

Today Tonight needs to go international!
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Anonymous Member

I love it how persistent Bryan Seymor is in his reports about Scientology. Well done.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. AnonLover Member

can some who's good at pulling a screen snap still from footage get me an image of seymour standing next to the "Scientology Brainwash Campaign" caption/slogan around the :14 mark?

imma full of fail with graphics, and my screensnaps keep coming out blurred.
  8. I <3 T/T !!!

Another great story on the cult from them.

And Dean was awesome as the "hit reg." I love this "buyer beware" stuff that makes creepy cult look creepy.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. adhocrat Member

• Like Like x 8
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheappassion Member

Anyone know how many viewers the show gets?
  12. Anonymous Member

over 9000
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Cheappassion Member

Smart Ass.
  14. Anonymous Member

Thanks!

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  15. thefatman Member

Loving Xenuphon's expression as he shreds the stress test. Fucking priceless.
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Budd Member

I love this guy! Aussies rock!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  17. TinyDancer Member

Great image, but that's not Bryan Seymour, AL.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. AnonLover Member

19. Anonymous Member

seymore1.png

It's really funny that they are not even pretending to be journalistically objective on this one. [ooops, I sound like Louanne now]. But normally journalists have to give both parties the opportunity to respond and at least pretend to be neutral. Not on this show. They know Scientology is a brain washing cult and don't even try to hide their opinions.
    • Like Like x 5
  20. adhocrat Member

well, all journalists are Merchants of Chaos.;)
    But at 3:45 they read a letter from CoS explaining the purpose of the OCA, excuse me, the shore story of the OCA.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Kilia Member

If this was taken at the :14 second frame as asked, then who the heck is the guy standing there??
    <don't mind me..it's 9:30pm here in AK and the sun is still shining!>
  22. His name is Matthew White. He used to be a sports reporter before he got this plum gig.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. TinyDancer Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. CarterUSP Member

An educated public is a protected public.
    • Like Like x 8
  25. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 2
  26. slobeck Member

TD: Thanks for that.

aside. I swear your sheep knows what I'm thinking.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Zhent Member

What the fuck, I recorded every ep of TT this week waiting for a scientology report, how did I miss this!?!!
    Only in Victoria maybe? *confused and furious*

Anyway, another excellent segment on Scientology exposing another one of its nasty facets. The footage at the end of Nick putting the OCA through the shredder is priceless, classic TT there.
    • Like Like x 5
  28. thefatman Member

They kinda did. They did ask Scientology and all they said was "No you can't film and we won't comment." They also read out a statement the CoS has sent in.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Anonymous Member

I love the way the Aussies say it like it is. UK tv is so blindly 'unbiased' a lot of the time in general news that they unwittingly give positive airtime to groups like scientology and the BNP.

Another great piece of reporting.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Orson Member

Scientology can't take a shit in Australia without TT reporting on it and getting Senator Xenophon's reaction to it.

itsbeautiful.jpg
    • Like Like x 9
  31. Sponge Member

32. RightOn Member

Xenophon:
    "If someone needs help, The Church of Scientology would have to be one of the last places you'd go to"

Like Hubbtard said, "write that down in great big letters in your book" (or something like that)

I dedicate this most awesome news report to Kaja Bolla and her family.

And to Brian Seymore you sexy hunk of man meat THANK YOU once again!
    • Like Like x 3
  33. RightOn Member

oh! and love ths smile on Xenophon's face when he shreds the test at the end!
    OMG that was lovely
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

Fixed
  35. Anonymous Member

But they are a brainwashing cult. Not that they literally said that in the program anyway. They used the &quot;Brainwash Campaign&quot; wording in sync with the announcer introducing the term &quot;Personality Test&quot; and after that they state their case. It wouldn't be my favorite term for that either (I'd have preferred &quot;Horseshit&quot;), but it still kinda works.
    Whatever the outcome of the OCA Presonality Test, the scientology assessment at the end is to convince you (i.e. fuck with your head) that that there is some aspect of your personality that needs fixing with scientology (or even the physical in some cases). It is this attempt to fuck with your head and then stuff faux solutions into it that is the first cycle of the &quot;brainwash&quot;.
    Do you really expect to have an entire point-counterpoint essay about their bait &amp; switch and their &quot;button pushing&quot; techniques in less than 4.5 minutes or every other time there is a short magazine programme about scientology? They stated their case, got independent professional comment and finally scientology's response. Consider the TT programme segment part of a long series which they are able to draw from. TT already established scientology as a &quot;brainwashing cult&quot; (and many other things) many times, and there is no indication that things have changed, yet TT is still willing to afford them the courtesty of using their official title of the &quot;Church&quot; of scientology throughout the piece.

Fuck 'em.
    Scientology has huge propaganda resources with which to push its fraud and lies to an unsuspecting public so boohoo if they don't get a politically correct amount of airtime and even handedness every single time. Even the highly acclaimed ABC Four Corners documentary on scientology wasn't neutral and there was nothing wrong with TT's News magazine style here. I will bet you a dollar to the cent that had you given the cult the time then they'd use it up trying to change the subject onto &quot;Humanitarian Projects&quot; and &quot;Fastest growing religion&quot;, which they even do in their written responses, because they want publicity on their terms.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. BigBeard Member

I find this part of the Cof$ response letter very interesting:

I suspect the actual rational behind this statement is trying to avoid being investigated for practicing psychiatry/psychology without being licensed to do so. And which I firmly believe should happen.

But more telling is the statement this test is "used within the religion." So why is it being sent in mass mailings to people who are not members of $cientology, therefore not "within the religion", unless the actual aim is to bring them within the religion?? In which case, why are they not openly admitting this is a tool for proselytizing new members?? Are they ashamed of their religion, and of admitting they are looking for new members?? Why would that be....?

Bigbeard
    • Like Like x 3
  37. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  38. xenulondon Member

Great video, but I wonder about it being pulled from YouTube

This video deserves to be #1 result for google search for Oxford Capacity Analysis
    • Like Like x 3
  39. thefatman Member

O rly Scientology?

[IMG]

Looks like that says:

Doesn't sound like something you'd say to your members does it?

O rly? That doesn't sound like something that is used entirely within the organisation?

O rly? That sounds kinda bizarre for something that's used entirely within the religion. Especially since the wikipedia defines Scientometics as:
    So if it's entirely not scientific and is only used with in the religion, why is it that Scientometrics is a science or measuring and analysing science?

Looks like you lot got caught out again.
    • Like Like x 7