Customize

TODAY TONIGHT - Tuesday June 22 2010

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2010.

1. BlooAnon Member

Re: TODAY TONIGHT - Tuesday June 22 2010

You're not the only one. I thought that too.

Yes, also put me down for frowny TD for the anon avatar. What better honour can we bestow on our great leader other than with a flattering icon!
  2. Crappy Member

I second that.
  3. AnonyVix Member

Here's a point, did they pay tax (or by virtue of spectacular offsetting manage not to) and just put the statement there anyway because they hoped that in future they might claim back tax? i.e. they complied with the law and just put the statement there as a protest.

Either way the statement is demonstrably bollocks and CO$ Aussie is using their plausible deniability card; huh we never knew the English were saying that, OMG they were so mistaken.... an easy mistake you see because we are a charity in America where the rules are just and proper and right and constitutional and where we are not persecuted because the IRS of the most powerful country in the world who know best says so, we so sorry but not our fault... freedom of religion...

I also would like frowning TD anonymous avatar
  4. Smurf Member

Hmmm... that's kinda the expression I got when I last asked Tommy about his sex life with Jessica.
  5. Anonymous Member

Are you sure it wasn't when you asked him to take a walk on the wild side with you?
  6. RightOn Member

ok so, we got enough votes (IMO) for changing the nun avatar to the TD frown avatar.
    What do you say Mods?
    Mods?...... errr..... where are the mods?

brb going to run with scissors
  7. eddieVroom Member

Unless it becomes Unhinged.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCCMqJ54tY0&feature=related]YouTube - EVERYTHING IS BROKEN (Bob Dylan)[/ame]

lol
  8. eddieVroom Member

bullmastiff-cult.jpg
  9. Sponge Member

Of course without seeing the receipts, invoices and banking transactions behind all these unaudited numbers we don't even know if anything behind it is true and only the HMRC can demand that (or maybe the Serious Fraud Office if it ever came to that). COSRECI is still required by law to keep detailed records to back up their claims on the financial statements if requested by HMRC. That's details to back up not just the numbers but also any other claims they make about the state of the organisation.
    Of course we have no idea if they actually handed over a cheque for tax to the HMRC at any time in the recent past, regardless of whether they accounted for it in the public financial statements. That is between COSRECI and HMRC, and of course FOIA exemptions will prevent you and I from finding out. You'd think that if any tax was due on the numbers that they do delcare publically, and the cult wasn't paying it, then it would be revealed at some point because it would wind up in a very public courtroom.

What we do know is that they have obviously lied about the implied taxation status of their organisation where they assert, with weasel words, that corporation tax "should" not be applicable.
    Remember that the trustees have signed this.....
  10. Re: TODAY TONIGHT - Tuesday June 22 2010

Richard Dawkins Foundation News picks up combo stories and video on Scientology Tax Shell Game from ODIT:Unews, who, of course, picks everything up from use guiz. Thanks.
  11. AnotherSock Member

Hey there, Tommy Davis!

Don't be a Sad Sack, just because your cult got busted, and several leading Scientologists are going to go to jail for tax fraud.

Turn that frown upside down...

frownupside.jpg
  12. the anti Member

oh god, thats terrifying
  13. Anonymous Member

14. BlooAnon Member

I lol'd.

Also, I think Xenu wants the icon switched too. We had a 5.0 earthquake today a little after noon.

What Xenu wants, Xenu gets!
  15. Sponge Member

Nice but what I want to know is why this hasn't even bounced around all usual Australian press. Lesser scientology related stories have tended to pop up on a bunch of them, such as Sydney Morning Herald, Melbourne Herald Sun, The Australian, The West Australian, Brisbane Times, The Telegraph, etc. but all we've had so far is the Adelaide Advertiser
  16. EyeOnSci Member

Maybe we need a press release.
  17. Re: TODAY TONIGHT - Tuesday June 22 2010

Theblogosphere is beginning to pick it up. About 10 more in the last 5 min including Montreal Story Page - USATODAY.com
  18. Rockyj Member

19. JohnnyRUClear Member

Heh, nice.

I tried and failed to do that. My shoop-fu is weak.
  20. Rockyj Member

Me too always thought nun was creepy.

BTW Roland to hang in there as long as you have & way before most exes had the courage to speak out is amazing. And I have a feeling your motives aren't just about revenge (though revenge is good re: Co$) but about helping others wake up and helping to stop others from going through what you did.
  21. Rockyj Member

Thinkin you missed my last sentence in same post (above).
    OMG "neutered cockerel" serious? WOW
  22. Bipolart Member

LOLOL
  23. Anonymous Member

tdclown.jpg
  24. RightOn Member

In this report Davis said Hubbard donated millions BACK to the the "church".

I do not know law, but where does it say that all his money went back to the church?
    Here is a copy of Hubbard's will
    Last Will and Testament of L.Ron Hubbard - 1986

Would this be it?
    Here are some snippets:

"I further authorize my Personal Representative to invest
    and reinvest the principal and any undistributed income, and purchase or acquire
    therewith every kind of property, real, personal or mixed, and every kind of
    investment, specifically including, but not by way of limitation, corporate
    obligations of every kind, stocks, preferred or common, shares of investment trusts,
    investment companies, and mutual funds, and mortgage participations, which men
    of prudence, discretion and intelligence acquire for their own account."

"My Personal Representative shall have the power to determine whether any or all
    of the expenses of administration of my estate shall be used as Federal Estate
    Tax deductions or as Federal Income Tax deductions and whether any or all of
    such expenses shall be used as deductions for purposes of California Inheritance
    Tax or California State Income Tax. No legatee or devisee or beneficiary under this
    Will shall have any right to recoupment or restoration of any loss suffered as a
    result of the use by my estate of such deductions for one or the other of these
    purposes"
    "My Personal Representative may, in my Personal Representative's sole discretion,
    distribute, upon obtaining a partial or final order of distribution, any part of
    my estate (not specifically bequeathed) in kind (including undivided interests
    therein) in cash, or partly in cash and partly in kind, and the decision of my
    Personal Representative as to what constitutes a proper division of my estate shall
    be binding upon all beneficiaries. "

WITNESSES:

"We declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct."
    Executed on 23 January, 1986 at Creston, Ca.
    [SIGNATURE - ANNE M. BROEKER]
    [SIGNATURE - PATRICK D. BROEKER]
    [SIGNATURE - STEPHEN J. PFAUFT]
    [SIGNATURE - RAYMOND MITHOFF]

So where or what was the record of the "final order of distribution"?
    Or am I reading this wrong?
    The whole will sounds really strangely written to me.
    Of course I know there are LOTS of questions behind the validity of his will.
    I am just shocked that they didn't investigate it more. Maybe it's high time authorites ask some very big questions?
  25. Techno Dave Member

Derren brown's blog about the Today Tonight piece.

Derren Brown Blog
  26. RolandRB Member

Could be. But I need more "bad" in me so as I can pull the birds.
  27. OTBT Member

Roland, just happy to see you back, kicking up a shitstorm again and annoying idiots.
  28. XanonX Member

scientology UK and tax news report

Found this video, was uploaded today. So scientology claim that the uk branch is actually a part of the Australian branch and the location is someone's house? wow..

29. RolandRB Member

Re: scientology UK and tax news report

You are looking at 113 Marion Road, Cowandilla

You can see the house on Google maps street view
  30. getbeckyout Member

Rt Hon George Osborne MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer is my MP.

Please see link for any comments, i have started the ball rolling.

EMAIL GEORGE OSBORNE | Proud To Serve The Public

Tony Leigh
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    Dear Mr. Osborne,

I am a Knutsford resident (Tatton ward)

1) Firstly thank you for your personal help you gave my family when you wrote to the Church of Scientology to request a written response from there Mr. Graeme Wilson, due to the fact this cult has ignored all our 10+ letters.
    We still have not had a personal reply from Scientology apart from the letter you received stating they have suspended my daughter. They have not given up on my daughter or her future husband with demands for tax-free donations.

2) As a UK Taxpayer I have been made aware that the COS is not paying taxes of many kinds in the UK. The COS does not have religious status or charitable status in the UK, but through a loophole connected to Australia they escape UK taxes.

Please see news video June 22, 2010 on Today Tonight (Australia)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSWNLtbs0O0[/ame] - Today Tonight: Scientology Avoids Paying Tax in the United Kingdom[/url] – Read more: Scientology tax - Today Tonight -
    via http://www.AtheistMedia.com (giving the facts)

Please could you look into this matter, as the UK should not be giving handouts to a CULT business?

Kindest regards

Tony Leigh
    Susan Thurston.
  31. HellRazor Member

Nice. Doinitrite
  32. RightOn Member

Very cool Tony!
  33. MenoBitch Member

Great! Stay on it until you get an answer!
  34. anonhuff Member

I hope that he replies appropriately to both of your points made to him.
  35. Intelligence Member

Good thread.......
  36. Anonymous Member

2 moar MPs pooned.
  37. Anonymous Member

Good thread
  38. Anonymoosh Member

Do you mind if I borrow this? I want to ring Tim Loughton's ( MP for the next ward along from Brighton) bell on this one, and have no idea how to write effectively to my local MP ( sad I know).
    Also I may be having some contact with Brighton and Hove's first green MP sometime soon, so I want to write to her too.

do we have any resources such as formulaic layouts for writing to MP's ?

sorry I have been somewhat missing for more than a few months, and its taking me a long time to catch up, but my determination to help in anyway I can stands firm.

an UK anon.

39. Anonymous Member

Just saw this:

Seven wins, MasterChef continues dominance | Crikey

People choose the digital channels | Crikey

Kudos, Bryan Seymour.
  40. iaxiloll Member

This will not end well.