Customize

Tom Cruise in Chicago May5th for Oprah Interview.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Robert S, Apr 24, 2008.

1. AnonyMama Member

Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

Maybe this is a good protest for the FemAnons to get together, en masse. After all, we are Oprah's targeted demographic. If there were a bunch of us protesting outside her studio, TC would be hard-pressed to get her to believe Anon was a group of predominantly young male cyber-terrorists.

Plus, it would give me an excuse to go shopping for new clothes, get my hair done, and wear a glittery sequined mask. :whistle:
  2. SimpleCoax Member

If the protest was full of females that would be perfect.
  3. Ten Tigers Member

I don't doubt that Orcah has been targeted by $cientology. She's a HUGE celebrity in her own right, and C0$ is/has pulled the strings to either get her INTO the cult, or at least convince/blackmail/bribe her to be sympathetic.
  4. AnonyMama Member

my humble apologies for using the term "targeted demographic" - I digressed a bit when I wrote that earlier. :frustration:
  5. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

I guess that means we're going whaling...
  6. AnonyMama Member

Tigers is back!! WB! :alien:

Oprah (or Orcah LOL!) has a new "god" at the moment - Eckert Tolle. Wait until the wind shifts and she may become a Hubbardian. :shock:
  7. Ten Tigers Member

Thanks, AnonyMama! :)

I swear, I'd laugh my ass off if, when Tommy-boy walked on-stage, Oprah said, "No jumping on my couch or wrestling, this time. My wrists still hurt, and the couch had to be reupholstered, after your last visit to the show."
  8. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

while the crap Oprah's into right now isn't cultish, it is common sense crap that people don't need to be paying good money for...

"be here now", "om", and all that. you can find out just as much by googling buddhism, the dali lama, and parahamsa yogananda.

if you keep your mind in the present, all of the worries of the future won't bother you, and the pains of the past won't either... nice

HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT? practice. Hard work, just like everything else.

Effing rip off.
  9. CherrieZ Member

OMG I think the pure WIN and EPIC LULZ from this would put me into a coma!!

Dammit I wish I lived in Chicago!!
  10. CherrieZ Member

Ohhhh that would be perfect! She'll ask him about all the criticism from Anonymous about his "church" and he'll say 'well they're just a bunch of internet hacker terrorists (perhaps) on steroids who like to spread hate and religious intolerance ... yada yada yada...' camera switches to an outside view where the FemAnons reveal themselves to be a bunch of women of all ages who look like everyone's sister/mom/aunt/daughter....

'OH, you mean THOSE terrorists?!'

:guyfawkes: MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! :guyfawkes:
  11. mr_chuckles Member

If they're going to get guests to go on the show as a surprise, I hope they'll put on Jason Beghe :fuckyou:
  12. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

This was announced on the radio today 96.5 the mix. The DJ said "Tom Cruise is to appear on Oprah soon. Oh, dear lord not again." lulz
  13. anonymoose Member

I wonder what his schtick will be? Some kind of helping-people thing? Serious, philanthropic Tom to both counteract both his ridiculous behaviour last time and make the church look really caring.

What's the betting he says something along the lines of "They have a right to protest, but they don't understand...they need to come into the church and find out for themselves...."
  14. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

It's just retooled Krishnamurti.

Closest anyone has gotten fanatical with that is Bruce lee shutting down his school.

Oprah takes it to a weird level. Like she found out about the wheel or the internet or something.
  15. Anon515 Member

16. Joyful Member

Tom was one of tonights Losers in Winners and Losers on Dan Abrams. Dan said that him going on Oprah was to clean up his bad pr and he's calling him a loser cause he knows he's going to do something stupid when he's on Oprah.
  17. Ten Tigers Member

Gott damn, I can't wait to see what an idiot he makes of himself THIS time!
  18. JayJay Member

^^^this

He's going on to help their public image, that's it. We're not going to get any ammo here unless there's an SP in the audience that he insists on confronting with some psychotic rant. Hopefully said SP won't act like a tinfoil hat moron and ruin the opportunity, because he IS the authority on psychotic rants.
  19. anonitard Member

How much would it cost to put a message on a billboard near the studio? Just a thought.
  20. dirk nimrod Member

THIS. WOULD. BE. EPIC!!!

If we could do that and keep the person who paid for the billboard anonymous, then that would be win. Maybe it should say what that OCMB t-shirt says :lol:
  21. b00bs Member

Jada Pinkett Smith was also on the "Big Give" also a Scilon.
  22. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

I don't think Oprah getting sucked in would go unnoticed. Dr. Phil's show is by her production company, and Dr. Phil is a psychiatrist (and has written anti-scilon stuff on his blog). If they pressured Oprah into dropping Dr. Phil's show, a massive shitstorm would follow.

It could happen. :whistle:
  23. dirk nimrod Member

This would be a huge asset to us if it happens. If she does that, bricks of shit will hit the industrial-sized fan. Dr. Phil could just leave Harpo and do his own production, while being more successful if Oprah is painted as an ally of the Co$. But let's hope Oprah has enough entrepreneurial sense to stay away from the Co$ since it's such a buzz-word today.
  24. doubleohseven Member

I think this is a big opportunity for alot of media attention that could work either way... an epic idea that gets good media coverage and a good public image for Anons or it gets bad press and spinned to look good for poor Tom. What would Wise Beard Man do !! We definately need a good plan and not be foolish with this opportunity.
  25. AM85 Member

We need people to attend, and make an appearance. Show Opera the truth
  26. Anonifus Member

Look, I know what i'm about to say is stupid, is possibly illegal in a number of ways, but damn it, I want to say it!

What needs to happen is a group of boston Anons get together kitted out with the guy fawkes masks, and just march into the studio. think about it 50+ people walking into a studio in guy fawkes masks, interrupting Oprah, and simply handing her a "Scientology Kills" flyer. Then, wordlessly, everyone disperses and walks back outside. If you have a floor plan this could be accomplished quickly and easily and before security or the police have time to react. Then, jump on buses, cabs, wherever whatever and just disapear.

National Television+ Insane Stunt+ Poignancy of the statement= EPIC FUCKING WIN.

Don't talk to tom cruise, don't talk to anyone, just give the flyer to oprah and leave.
  27. Re: Tom Cruise Re-Appearing on OPRAH.

fail. security guards would never let you in. need people to be audience members.
  28. kyranon Member

Impossible.

"Hello Tom Cruise, my name is Anonymous, and I am an SP. Nice to meet you."
  29. kyranon Member

Answer is correct
  30. avatar2008 Member

imo, the audience, i.e. TV junkies, needs to know more than Oprah.
  31. Arachne Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Oprah is, from everything I've seen and read, REALLY SERIOUS about abuse against children, especially young girl, being A Bad Thing. I think she would turn on her own best friend if she found out they were involved with something like that. She was abused herself, and she knows firsthand how much it can screw you up in the long term and how you never really can get completely past it.

With that in mind, if y'all spam her studio with targeted stories about Scientology's abuse of children, you're much more likely to get the reaction you want. Protest signs should be geared in that direction, as well.
  32. Ten Tigers Member

^^^^THIS!!! Arachne, I love you... :flowers:
  33. doubleohseven Member

Can we be 100% sure Oprah knows anything about Scientology ? She is probably like most Americans, thinking its something on the weird side but not really knowing what they believe in and she keeps an open mind that they are not hurting anybody. I think if she had any interest and her audience found out about it , she would start losing them. And remember Scientology comes under different fancy names etc. (helping hands). What are the chances of someone finding out what Scientology is really about and still go sign up ? Oprah needs some education and possibly the question raised " Oprah do you support / interested in Scientology? and see if she likes being associated with those kind of questions and publicity.
  34. Joyful Member

She has to know something. John Travolta is one of her best friends. What she knows is probably very watered down, though.
  35. momISanon Member

Can we mass mail (either email or snailmail) her studios, producer, and agency? Her shows run on an NBC affiliate here. Maybe that could be another angle. Just wonderin'.
  36. Anonifus Member

Pfft, like two security guards are going to stop 50 people who say "let us in"- their pay grade isn't high enough. The worst they could do is pull a gun and if they do, back off.

Besides, I KNOW what I said wasn't a good idea, just putting it out there for the lulz of the concept.

Also, let me elaborate on the ignoring Tom Cruise thing. This is televised on an international level- what would you rather them see? People harrassing a "celebrity" like you do on those shitty late night "hollywood Exposed" shows, or someone handing them a leaflet in an effort to educate them? If it weren't broadcasted, i'd be all for rickrolling the buggers.
  37. 3rdMan Member

Reservation Information for The Oprah Winfrey Show

Here is how to get tickets and reservations for this show. Use the email link to get last-minute tickets. One of the requirements for this is that you have to have a valid photo ID, else you can't enter. I can hear Admiral Ackbar ready to shout on this one because you'd probably have to remove your mask to be identified at the studio. For those who'd rather not be IDed, you can be outside the studio distributing flyers, pamplets, cards, etc... and hopeful a few audience members will read them.

If anyone braves the potential hazard of being IDed, I say go for it. Bring flyers, pamphlets and cards with you cause maybe you can hand some out to the audience while your at it. Who knows?
  38. Balognanon Member

Hmm.

I think that picketing outside on the day of the taping is a good idea.

It might also be wise to send her producers (or Oprah herself) a letter in advance explaining that this is a peaceful protest, and some of the reasons why:

-Match her interests: child abuse, fair game (casually include Pauline Cooper's dismissed bomb threat accusations in order to assure her about CoS's current "anonymous bomb threat" claims), disconnection, etc.
    -Give her sources and name-drop people like Jason Beghe, WBM, Jenna Miscavidge, etc.
    -Let her know that this is out of concern for people in the organisation, including Tom Cruise (most likely some of the protesters will be fans or former fans). You also might want to reassure her about Anonymous' clear record of peaceful protests.

Have a very peaceful, positive protest like you guys do best.

Then, write another letter thanking her for helping to enable free speech. Ask her in it if she'd be interested in contacting some of the big SP's from the last letter (name drop again) in order to do a show about these recent events. Give her their websites or whatever they've permitted as contact information (should probably ask them beforehand).

Dinner's burning, so sorry if that was rushed.
  39. WileyCoyote Member

Nah. Dr. Phil got dropped by Orca, because he's an asshole who's screwed up publicly once or twice too many times lately. First, there was that embarrassing business of his with Britney, THEN he had one of his little P.A.s go and bail those girls out in Florida who beat up that other girl, in exchange for exclusivity rights for his show. And finally he played dumb when there was a public shitstorm about that and he made the P.A. a fall-guy, even though it was transparently obvious a P.A. couldn't have accessed enough money to bail those girls out.

Orca is a Scientologist stooge in many ways, but not on this. Phil was hurting her bottom line and embarrassing her.

Of course we now have to contemplate why Orca DOESN'T think Kristie Alley will embarrass her...