Customize

Tom on The Jon Stewart Daily Show

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Budd, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Budd Member

Two-minute interview about his new film, "Oblivion."

Obviously JS had signed a do-no-discuss, as nothing was mentioned about the-Church-of-you-know-what.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. As ifness Member

How the film was named after his post-couch career?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. pelagic Member

Did I hear this interview correctly? Tom Cruise said sometimes it's OK to take Advil?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RightOn Member

some also take tylenol, but can't audit for like 12 hours or something after they take it?
  5. pelagic Member

What I recall from when I was in, was no drugs or alcohol 24hrs before study or auditing. But if you were a Scientologist, especially an OT, you where expected to take no drugs and would be sent to see the Ethics officer if you did. Alcohol/nicotine/caffeine don't count, over the counter pain killers do. I don't recall a special rule about tylenol.

You are meant to deal with everything the Scientology way - auditing and assists. No Scientologist I can recall would have admitted taking any form of pain killer.
  6. fishypants Moderator

There is no logic in that. At least the Mormons are consistent.
  7. another123 Member

i believe he did.... ee2e866b881b6a493f25384e0cdc7a6e.gif
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  8. RightOn Member

I know I read it some where about Tylenol. Where, I don't know.

here is one entry on Aspirin
    "We were allowed to take aspirin.
    We just were not allowed to go into an auditing session if we had taken any aspirin within a week (if I remember correctly)."

HCO BULLETIN OF 17 OCTOBER 1969RA
    REVISED 19 JULY 1978
    RE-REVISED 20 SEPTEMBER 1978A person who has taken aspirin or other drugs within the past 24 hours or the past week should be given a week to “dry out” before more auditing is given."

Foudn that here:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21374-Aspirin

but most of the posts support what you say. But this isn't where I read about tylenol.
  9. Anonymous Member

The Scientology corporation's rules do not, I repeat DO NOT apply to celebrity members, ans that goes double for Tom Cruise, the top most shining example of a homo novis.

- David Miscavige, CEO
    • Like Like x 5
  10. RightOn Member

I think Stewart tried to avoid a lot of eye contact and looked down a lot when he interviewed Cruise, especially in the beginning. I looked at a few other clips to compare others he has interviewed and he doesn't avoid eye contact with them.
    I don't think Tom likes him a whole lot either.
    IDK, to me Stewart looks uncomfortable in the beginning. Or maybe I just want to believe that Stewart can't stand him.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. anon walker Moderator

12. another123 Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  13. pelagic Member

Yeah, looks like your mileage varied depending on where you were and how it got applied.

All I can say to Tom is that there were plenty of times when I was in the SO with raging headaches, and that a couple of Advil sure would have been nice. Maybe Tom should bring some next time he visits an Org and hand them out to the staff?
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

You don't know the history of Advil. I do.
    • Like Like x 6
  15. OTeleventy Member

You're glib. I know the history of Advil AND Aleve. Suck it.
    • Like Like x 6
  16. A.O.T.F Member

Fame .. Lets him loose,hard to swallow
    Fame .. puts you there where things are hollow

Lennon / Bowie
  17. image_408458.jpg
    • Dislike Dislike x 2