Customize

Tommy Gorman Responds

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by tommygormanxenu$, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonspilz Member

2. Ann O'Nymous Member

Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

IMHO, same behavior, same name.

I have no simple solution to handle the situation, but a threat is a threat.
  3. Anon23517 Member

The woman with cancer in hospital has, now that I've come back to her room, just about bust a gut laughing at the Dome. I suspect she's very stoned. She tells me she's not, but that the black comedy is providing her much needed lulz (she even said lulz, hahaha) after a shitty day of treatment.

But to the point, how many times have we talked about Ghandi Tech? How many times have we discussed what to do if threatened with violence during a picket? And then, at a picket, one of the fellow picketers - an OG who has picketed for ages and should know better - who is supposed to be with us, Hulk!smashes all that and later shows no remorse? Very poor form.
  4. AnonMSW Member

We disagree. Without the cause, there is no effect. Moreover, without the original behavior the statements would have been completely unnecessary. When small dogs bite because they don't comprehend they're small dogs, bigger dogs usually come along and teach them a lesson. Mr. Gorman is lucky that so many people are graciously wasting so much time discussing this rather than elevating it into a full on shitstorm.
  5. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

Unrelated to the topic at hand, but I think i may have felt a single pulse in my little black OSA heart.
  6. An0nYm0use Member

i am going to make nasty with your shoes it you
    dont start to open your mind
  7. An0nYm0use Member

I would bet that tommy doesnt get how complimentary it is
  8. Anon23517 Member

She said 'aww' and offers cookies. :)
  9. Anonymous123 Member

Well... such violence things are just wrong at protests. He should apologise for that and than the whole thing is over. I mean, some guy said he would kill and rape magoo. Can understand if he's getting upset about that. But the flame war in here is just creepy guys.
  10. XenuEtrawl Member

Yeah, I know. I only quoted you to try to get your attention, because after reading 1600 posts about all this shit I know it's easy to overlook stuff.

I don't like to judge things I didn't personally witness; nobody witnessed all of it, and I didn't personally witness any of it, so I'm not really wanting to do any finger pointing. But I would like to say that, to whatever extent you sucked it up for the good of the cause, thank you. Leaving ego out of it is the right thing to do, we can never have too much of that.
  11. AnonMSW Member

Tell her hi from another "survivor." 18 months of 3 days a week chemo and two full transfusions here, and ten years without a sign of it back!

Yay! Beat the beasts... the "Big C's"... cancer, and the 'church.'

Cookies! nomnomnom.:hc:
  12. Ann O'Nymous Member

Your bigger dogs are bullies. Being bigger doesn't give them different rights, except if they live in the Animal farm. Full stop.
    Is that a threat? :roll:
  13. Anonagi Member

You guys got Scientologists removed from the last global for handing out black PR and "trying to incite a riot."

Wouldn't you just as easily be able to have Tommy removed from the next raid for the same reason, if he's threatening violence?
  14. tiggernew Member

We know what the disagreements are, but what do most seem to agree on here?

• Tory has no business being in TD, because she doesn't understand it. (Tory, make a note to yourself, mkay?)
    • Tory doesn't take trolling well, can be defensive, and was very hurt by an abrupt fall from hero status with some. (good to know, and remember going forward, just for simplicity's sake)
    • Tory has either unintentionally or intentionally garbled the history of her encounter there to feel blameless. (that's not exclusive to ex-Sci's, in general, BTW, but is good to know and be wary of)
    • Tommy has anger-control issues, a belligerent attitude, a bit of "to-the-rescue!" syndrome, and little to no understanding of Anon ways. (good to know, so we can plan for that)
    • Tommy is willing to threaten Anons, and sees nothing wrong with it. (good to know. We can plan for that.)
    • Anons should be on guard for violence from many quarters, including Tommy. (We knew at least the first part.)
    • Anons should be on guard for convenient memories and/or disingenuousness from many quarters. (including Tory) So pics/docs/vids are important. (We knew that.)
    • Apologies might have once been helpful but are not, at this point, forthcoming or expected.
    With stubborn people in embarrassing and public situations, the more pressure there is to apologize, the more they "dig in." It's not likely that in this heated situation that anyone's going to apologize, so everyone (particularly Tommy, Tory, and those directly involved on the Anon side) needs to take a step back, think a bit, and let things settle out.

More problems are being created than solved with this endless back & forth about who did what, when, why, and what it means. It's too much like those faux-news shows that speculate forever and ever, with no new information.

It may be that no apologies or even recognition of personal responsibility will be realized, but we can still deal with this. We can't force someone to "get it." It just doesn't work that way. What we can do is decide how we'll handle them not getting it. And that's happening.

What does this drama change about what we're doing, and why? Nothing. It just means we have to be careful who we "ally" with. I sincerely hope most of us were already doing that, and not getting too close for our own safety. Familiarity breeds contempt, remember. I don't even want to know that much about everyone, and they don't want to know everything about me. Keeping your distance seems to be the best policy.

If everyone needs to blow off some steam and get it all out there, go ahead. Nobody's stopping you. One thought, though: Could we at least try not to make it bigger and bigger, creating more and more dissent along the way by attacking each other if we're not even the ones directly involved? I mean, I've seen some pretty peripheral people going after each other in these two threads, and I don't get how that's productive or even goes to the main issue. At least stay on topic, and keep the arguing to the issue at hand. Otherwise, it's all sturm und drang about nothing, really.

TL;DR -- We already knew most of this, and once the public exorcism of all the angst is over, we know what to do.
  15. Scythe Member

Just finished reading the damn thread. Not much to say but this: It's very curious that the only one threatening people with violence in 7 months of peaceful protest around the world were either scientologists or ex-scientologists. This is one fucked up cult. Hopefully Gorman will chill out and apologize, otherwise the police should be contacted before the next protest before something serious happen.
  16. An0nYm0use Member

I have already done psyops on your cauldron.
    I may decide to steal your broomstick
  17. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

yes, that's exactly what's going to happen.
  18. AnonMSW Member

Glad I wasn't your younger brother.:colbert:

Oh and... "Thar, I fixt that foar u."
  19. Skeptic1337 Member

Yep, I think some one was trying to find a way around this but tommy made it clear that this is the only option by his posts here.

Shame really, he got played and while I can sympathize for wanting to be a standup guy when you fuck up, well stand up guys sack up and admit it.
  20. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

find the thread I said that. Even the admins can't find it.

Apparently, from what i understand from what tommy said she got a call while I was trolling her that said they were going to "kill and rape" her.

1. Even in my local cell no one has my number.
    2. I don't call old ladies and tell them I'm going to rape them.

Tory assumed it was me and then basically, Tommy assumed I said it on the internet to here. When in fact, it was in a phone call. From anonymous.
  21. Anonagi Member

Good. Then nobody needs to worry about this internet shitstorm spilling out into IRL longer than it has.
  22. Skeptic1337 Member

Actually I wouldn't take that interpretation from this. If we are now using cops to create a safety barrier between Anons and Tommy any OG who feels the same at a peaceful protest, I would say the complete opposite has been achieved. Some people are actively worrying about it.
  23. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

To all the Cap't Save A Ho's out there: let this be a message to you.
  24. An0nYm0use Member

interesting

A+ OSA

and the ex-OSA fell for it.

unless .....
  25. Anonagi Member

Honestly, any OG or Anon that excuses Tommy's behavior just because he's OG needs to be kept as far the fuck away as possible from our protests.

We raid globally once a month. They have 29 other days to fucking pick from.
  26. Honk_Honk111 Member

Yes, but Tommy is a skilled enturbulator and just finding some agreement would be better.
  27. arithia Member

Would you be saying the same if it was an anon who pulled that stunt?
  28. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

What agreement? Tommy has made it pretty clear on here, and to certain Anons on the phone that he did nothing wrong. I'll assume from that that he wants nor cares for any agreement. I'd be willing to bet that if Tory got trolled again, he'd threaten again. Prove me wrong. The only agreement that can be made at this point is the agreement for Anons to protect themselves. That's up to SF to decide, and it looks like they already have.
  29. AnonMSW Member

Fish in a barrel. They're trained to find your "ruin" and exploit it.

Which of course begs the question of what other OSA contact have these people really had, and on what terms. The question is how far down which rabbit hole one wishes to go, but for this chain of events to be largely set off by an anonymous phone call that immediately caused Tory to flip into panic mode and cause whirlwinds of shit seems "excessive."

How many months has this dragged on and to what effect? Are we stronger because of this and are some of the OG good risks for any variety of reasons. It's a legitimate question to ask, at least one has to give it that much.

I'll respect any reasoned answer, but for me this isn't an issue on which there should be moar lurking than not.

tl;dr - an unstated point of view is a lost opportunity to sharpen our knives for the real "point" of all this: Co$.
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

Glad too.
  31. tiggernew Member

MPB: For what it's worth...

I haven't always agreed with the tone of some of your posts in the past, but what Tommy did and said to you was just wrong. I don't think for a second that you threatened Tory -- I think you expressed frustration in TD the way that it's usually expressed in TD, and you're not responsible for Tory's over-the-top reaction to it. Nor do I believe for a second that you were the one who placed that call.

I'm sorry you had to put up with Tommy's threats and his being in your face. I'm grateful (even though I wasn't there) that you had the coolheadedness and responsibility not to let temper get the better of you in the face of his very, very provoking behavior. You handled it well, and kept things cool onsite for the benefit of all, which shows that you have the cojones to handle bullbaiting. I'm also sorry you got teased a bit about apologizing to Magoo, which was the "big" thing to do in the situation, when you could've just lost it. I see now that while you let loose a bit online, you have a good head on your shoulders IRL, and were looking out for the good of all in that situation.

Hats off.
  32. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

fag.
  33. LordCeptimos Member

you know... i really wanna be down there in sf when tommy shows up and is asked to leave...

cus i wanna see his reaction.
  34. King Nerd Member

Well, what the fuck have we all learned?
  35. Anonagi Member

It doesn't matter what skills you have when you cross the line like that and threaten destruction towards the movement or others involved in the movement. Your "skills" aren't a bargaining chip to give you leeway, especially when it comes to this.

Is he doing anything now that can't be done by other OGs or Anons to better effectiveness?

One falls, ten take the place of. You know damned well it's the same way when an Anon or OG get railed upon and leave or feel that they were effectively "kicked out."
  36. Anonymous123 Member

sry, read it in Tommy's post at the beginning and thought it would be a fact. We should clarify what exactly happened there. Possibly you should talk to him from "face to face" at the next protest. Then decide. Will work much better than flaming him to death in here.
  37. monamia Member

trust no one
    (hard, but a good goal)
    (and the point list contents above)

a paranoid psychotic nut managed to set up his own empire
    watch that 5-part film just posted (Phoenix rising)

we are infiltrated
    they have secret info available (files)
    they are in touch with former members to some degree
    even as ships passing
  38. Re: Tommy Gorman Responds

If you knew tommy. You'd understand this tactic is pointless.
  39. Anonagi Member

Here's the way I see it.

Those OG who have not adapted or at least understand or make an effort to understand Anonymous (And by understand, I mean realizing give us the info and get the fuck out of the way instead of trying to drive the bus) are a liability as long as there are Anons that worship the ground they walk on or feed into a false superiority complex for them.

We're so effective against CoS because we know their tactics but it works both ways - the CoS knows the OG tactics as well and know how to respond (wether it has any effect or not) and get under their skin.

Neither side was bringing anything new to the table until one side fucked up and the other exploited it. Fortunately, CoS was the one who fucked up more often than not.

It's NOT about numbers and it never has been. If it was simply about numbers and not adaptability, versatility, and tactics, this would have been over in March before the numbers started declining. Worldwide, we're down to what, 1/3 to 1/2 the numbers we had back then?

So why are the Anons that are still here as a part of the movement more effective than we ever thought possible?

It's because we adapt, we change, we find what works, and we exploit it. We think outside the box. Tommy Gorman and a few other members of the old guard are incapable of thinking outside that box, and it's a box that Scientology knows backwards and forwards because they were the ones that boxed him in!

You know what that is? That's Scientology's true victory over him.

IF OSA made that phonecall to Tory and this is the resulting shitstorm, it will have been the most effective thing they have done to us by far.
  40. Anon23517 Member

I shall do. I just went to see what TD thread she was laughing at and had a bit of a cackle with her. Laughter is fabulous therapy! And congrats to you on beating it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.