Customize

Tommy gormans jeep gets vandalized

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by tommygormanxenu$, Feb 16, 2010.

1. getbeckyout Member

Re: Tommy gormans jeep gets vandalized

Hi Tommy, we have only just seen this and the vid we are so sorry for you and your good wife.
    Fairgame, these bastards will only make you stronger and it shows there weakness.

Take care my friend.
    Love Tony and Sue.
  2. Belladonna Member

Congratulations - you saved a miserable thread.
  3. Anonymous Member

What if he loses the key?
  4. exOT8Michael Member

The length of this thread is fail.
  5. Re: Tommy gormans jeep gets vandalized

Good thing you added to it, then. :)
  6. DeathHamster Member

If only Darth Vader had installed a locking gas cap, the Empire wouldn't be in the mess it is today.

Death_Star%5B9%5D.png?imgmax=800.png
  7. Anonymous Member

Death_Star9.png

twin_towers.jpg

If only.
  8. Anonymous Member

Thread-Crap-Lock.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

So was Arnies first statement an example of an "acceptable" truth?[/QUOTE]

I think its hard for anybody to truly understand what Arnie is thinking at any given time. And I have no idea why he felt the need to appoint himself as a liaison that would take our contributions and forward them to Tommy, or why he would link to that article to suggest that donating is a good idea, or how he comes to the conclusion that taking what lawyers say was a generous settlement with out going to trial was choosing to live a hard life.

The "hard life" was not chosen by anyone but Williams who chose it for himself and his victims. But yes someday the kids will probably say TG did the right thing, in stopping the rapes of their mother, but I seriously doubt that contributions for trips and car problems will be dinner table conversation.
  10. Vir Member

Protip: Settlements often come with a confidentiality clause, which would mean that Tommy and Jenifer could not speak about the case, or perhaps even about Scientology, in public. A settlement agreement with such a clause would presumably mean more money or a quicker settlement than an agreement without a confidentiality clause.
    So as you see, there's no conflict between the two statements if you consider how much more money they could have gotten, as well as less OSA harassment, but they chose to not take such a wow of silence.

PS: Nice shoops. I lold.
  11. Anonymous Member

30nen8j.jpg
  12. Smurf Member

Most settlements with Scientology include the obligatory gag agreement. I suspect that this wasn't the case here because it involved a rape by a cult staffer... which would have caused the cult serious PR problems.
  13. RightOn Member

WE HAVE A WINNER!
    This cracked me the hell up.

I thought of one on the Titanic lol!
  14. Anonymous Member

Snap8-Copy.jpg
  15. Anonymous Member

I think he needs to be auditing the gas caps, but NICE .
  16. Anonymous Member

dinosaurcometsgascap640.jpg

/thread
  17. PresidentShaw Member

whyweprotestnetciasuit.jpg
  18. Lorelei Member

We need a combo dog curtains locking gas cap. IMPREGNABLE, AMIRITE?
  19. Kilia Member

What the hell does the posts on this last page got to do with TG's problem?
    Gosh how you guys go off the beaten track on a thread!

Get a locked gas cap and be done with it, Tommy!
  20. anonymous612 Member

I don't know about the rest of them, but I find the idea of dinosaurs buying locking gas caps to save themselves from extinction to be the most relevant post itt.
  21. RightOn Member

yes!
  22. Anonymous Member

DID SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A LOCK TO KEEP YOUR GAS CAPPED?

[IMG]
  23. RightOn Member

Tommy Davis needs a gas cap for his mouth.
    Maybe shoop the one of him yelling at Sweeney! That would be a riot

Also DM pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase???????

AND The Freewinds
  24. Anonymous Member

tomkatielgascap1.jpg

tomcruisegascap.jpg
  25. RightOn Member

a new meme in the midst?
  26. FreakE420 Member

blonde_in_black_2-2.jpg

EDIT,,wow ,,the wake and bake is a good one this morning!
    Fixed Pic,,,Right on are you high too,,did you not see that? Now get rid of it in your post! WOOOOO!
  27. RightOn Member

Thanks Freak! Classic!
  28. DeathHamster Member

Ha ha! I is protected!
    LockingGasCap.jpg
  29. FreakE420 Member

pg004_0-Copy2.jpg
  30. RightOn Member

ha! looks like a pacifier!
    which is also not a bad idea for a shoop
  31. Anonymous Member

seaorgnavygascaps.jpg
  32. Anonymous Member

gorman.jpg
  33. PimpXenu Member

Lifetime of robbing people? Nice. One of the main reasons why i'm not a mechanic anymore, because you have to deal with dickheads who see everything as you robbing them of money, they could care less that you busted your ass to get their car running, had to listen to your boss yelling at you to go faster than lightspeed, then when everything is all nice and fixed and running, at the end of the day you get a nasty look from the customer, and probably a pay cut on the job because you didnt get it done as fast as the boss wanted. Oh, fyi, the mechanics usually only get paid about 20% of what the shop charges for shop labor, if you got a problem with the price....dont go bitching to the mechanics.

Btw, when you mention dealers, keep in mind that most dealership service departments are lucky to break even at the end of the day. Last dealer i worked at, we only got paid for about half the labor hours we put in. The service department is only there as a courtesy to the customers, so they'll continue to buy vehicles from the dealership, thats where the real money comes from. If you think the price is bad now....you should see how bad it is if they actually wanted to make money off service.

But...if it was my vehicle, no i wouldnt take a 12 year old jeep into a shop to have a transmission installed...thats kinda because i can rebuild a transmission myself though. However, can other people do that? Can tommy do that? Uh...no....so what are they going to do? Is it somehow my fault that not everyone is capable of having dirt cheap car repair done on their vehicle? If you want someone to do something for you, generally you have to pay them, or blow them, take your pick whatever you want to do.

Yes, i do think it's reasonable to pay $4500 (that included the labor too brainiac, lurk moar). You see it sounds like the shit in the fluid actually damaged the internals, simply draining the fluid out and putting new stuff in probably isnt going to work. $4500....depends on the shop, could be reasonable for some, unreasonable for others. This is fucking CA we're talking about too guis....nothing is cheap out there. Some reputable shops charge $100+ hours for labor, that can add up pretty quick, especially in a case like this, where they have no idea exactly what sort of damage is done to the tranny, and a standard "rebuild" probably isnt going to fix everything the first time. Pretty big difference between rebuilding something that wore out, and rebuilding something that was intentionally destroyed.

You also have to factor in the "i dont want to do it" price. Could be tommy took it to the shop, the mechanic looked at it and thought "Man...someone dumped some junk in here, it'll take me forever to figure out what it is, probably have to rebuild the thing, install it, find out there's something else messed up in it, take it out and open it up and investigate more, etc..." so he quoted a high price so tommy will just take it to someone else.

As for not rebuilding it, and slapping a junkyard or rebuilt transmission in. The key factor here is Liability. This is a huge issue in professional shops. If your shop puts a junkyard tranny in a car, and it turns out to be junk, who's liable? Will the junkyard warranty it? If they dont, well thats a huge clusterfuck. If they do...well then you got to pull the old one, find a new one, put that in....can you honestly charge a customer twice for doing this? Not if you ever want them to come back. In the end, you'll probably end up losing money on the deal. What about rebuilders, what if their rebuilt tranny was garbage? Will they warranty it? Who knows? How well do they know the rebuilder? I worked for a shop once that put 3 rebuilt engines from a rebuilder into a truck, all 3 of them were garbage from the factory. In the end, customer just paid us to rebuild an engine for him, we had to eat all that labor cost for dicking around with the rebuilder's engine. You have to factor in shit like this...if you want to stay in business. This is why most shops arent going to do things like this, yeah backyard guys will do it, but most professional shops will stay away from it unless they can use factory parts. Factory parts are not cheap btw...and i dont even know if the factory will still sell a crat tranny for that model, rebuilding may be the only option in some shop's minds.

fyi, i offered to do the work for tommy for free....but he kinda lives on the other side of the country from me. I'm sure i would of just used it as an excuse to steal all his loose change and cds out of his jeep though, right?
  34. Anonymous Member

Maybe you worked for a good dealership, but here is the other side of that coin. You drop off your car, they tell you to leave it there and you come back when you can tell your car has not been moved in the week you have been paying for a rental car for 7 days you may not have needed to. Then you go back in 3-5 days to find out they are "almost finished" but they part has not been shipped from the manufacturer yet and you have to wait at least another day then are told they couldn't get to it. (paying an extra 7 days for a renal) Meanwhile they are taking your car apart just so you can't demand the keys and have it taken someplace else.

If you only got paid for half of your hours you should put in a complaint along proper channels, now you are even saying that dealerships ripped you off. They treat their new salesmen even worse, that is why there was such a high turnover in sales, the average person can maybe get a friend talked into buying a car from them but then won't make enough money to live on.

Yet somehow there are garages out there that charge much less and still offer good service and turn a profit. The difference between between some dealerships and a FLAG reg is that the dealership will sell you a car.
    Really ? considering that is probably more than it is worth with a broken trans. ?

He should look into trying to trad it in with his 800 bucks and what ever other cash he has and to someone who can fix it and sell it for a profit. That is going to put him in debt for a few years but he is going to be needing a new car soon anyway. It may not be the best option but worth looking into before shelling out more money.

Is that anything like overcharging for the service ?
    Often in cases like this you can find a garage that will locate a parts for ou from several different places and give you their prices, you can then go an buy the part (assuming the liability yourself) and they will install it for you.
    people are not calling you a thief they are saying that dealerships are over priced. And there is a good chance that at least once every two years the manager of the [STRIKE]garage[/STRIKE] "parts department" at dealership is sent to a seminar to learn how to charge more money.
  35. Anonymous Member

Since you are an ASE Certified Master Mechanic (TM), do you know how to fix a noisy nozzle?

Because you am one.
  36. PresidentShaw Member

Cool story bro
  37. Anonymous Member

Fix'd avatar for you.

fuckyoupimpxenu-Copy.jpg
  38. FreakE420 Member

LOL,nice.
  39. Anonymous Member

imo,
    there's one basic thing lacking from the practice of auto mechanistry as I've experienced it (and as others in this thread report).

triage

When I read your tl;dr rants - I'm struck by how much it sounds like the dramas in veterinary medicine. Someone takes their old, broken, 12 year old cat in to the vet and says "HAI FIX IT. PLZ"
    Vet examines the cat and explains- that there are a lot of procedures available which could conceivably offer benefit to the cat. And that they will more than likely cost huege mega-bucks. And that there isn't really any other interventional medical alternative that would meaningfully help.

At this point (and not before) the stories of veterinary doctors, and qualified auto mechanics tend to diverge. Most competent vets will add "Yaz. Im sorries. Ur cat iz not fixable. U should use the $100 'EOC and disposal fee'. Iz bettar."

Maybe there are mechanics out there who are willing to volunteer (when appropriate) that the $4500 cost of repairs [in some cases] is an expensive bandaid that's a poor long-term investment. Maybe you were one of them. But they seem pretty unusual, in my limited experience.

tl;dr

I would say that Auto Mechanics not infrequently suffer from an ethical fault.
    Its not a huge fault in the grand scheme of things, and it doesn't make them criminals or thieves or pirates; but it helps fuel very poor public opinion of them.

My suggestion?
    After we nationalize Health Care, lets socialize Auto Repair in the US.
    srsly it can't hurt.
  40. amaX Member

Is it too late to lick the tommygormantommygorman paypal ling to fix his car? I missed this party.

He should also get a fucking locking gas cap.