Customize

Tommy gormans jeep gets vandalized

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by tommygormanxenu$, Feb 16, 2010.

1. rof Member

2. amaX Member

Re: Tommy gormans jeep gets vandalized

need hazmat suit for your lings.

3. Anonymous Member

Hi Tommy,

I just read this long ass thread and believe what you said happened and I actually think it's easy to figure out.

Somebody thought they'd made you car immobile when they fucked with the trans.

They didn't.

Your pregnant wife is driving it around. They get scared- what if something does hapen to your family- they wanted to fuck with your car and so.........they come back and make an obvious mess- so that you will take it in.

Now - your family is safe, but your car (the initial purpose) is fucked.

My opinion. Also- they thrive on making "fair game" experiences "appear" wacked.

Good Luck Tommy.
  4. Skeptic1337 Member

Here's what I think happened.

Mr. Rogers should be the prime subject.
  5. Zak McKracken Member

Welcome back to the upstairs mommymommmymomymomyAnonmommymommyAnon. I guess this thread would be something like a "halfway house".
  6. PimpXenu Member

I worked for a bunch of dealerships, all the stuff you described isnt my problem. I was a mechanic, not a manager, not a service writer. They put shit in front of me, i worked on it, all organizing and pricing and all that, nothing to do with me.

I should of phrased that better, at the hourly dealership i worked, i got paid regardless but the shop itself only got paid for about half the labor hours they had. Flat rate is an entirely different deal...you can get screwed royally on that, or make out big time.

It's not up to me to decide what someone wants to do with their vehicle, if they want it fixed, whatever, but here's the price to fix it. Yeah, many people do opt to just get another car.

It's only over-charging if they take you up on it, which you dont want them to in that instance. I was at a tattoo parlor once, and a guy came in and asked how much it would cost to get a tattoo on his dick, the tattoo guy said three thousand dollars. The guy freaks out and wants to know why three grand, tattoo guy says because he doesnt want to handle some guys dick, but if he had to, that would be the cost he'd accept to do it. Same thing, it's the guy's shop, he can charge whatever he wants. If he doesnt want to do something, easiest way to get around is make sure they dont pick you to do it.

really? i never had a parts guy tell me that. I do recall the one dealership i worked at for 3 years, the prices for all the regular stuff was the same, i had all the prices memorized for estimates.
  7. Anonymous Member

THIS is the problem. :{

If its not up to you, and nobody else at the dealership jumps in to say so-
    its left with the customer who may not be good enough at math to see that fixing their car is a dumb idea.

I used the example of the Vet to contrast with a similar case (with economic and other concerns) where provider of service does take it as their responsibility to help the customer to make an informed and sensible decision.

What you (and your cohorts) do, isn't inherently wrong. I understand that its standard industry practice. Its just deficient, imo. I can't think of any easy way to remedy the situation. Veterinarians are trained in medical ethics. There's no such standard in your field.

But even understanding and believing everything you say, I still have a difficult time trusting the mechanics I deal with.

Mr/Ms Pimp Xenu: If nothing else, please try to understand why this lack of faith isn't going anyway any time soon. :(
  8. PimpXenu Member

I really fail to understand what in the flying fuck you're suggesting here. A customer comes in because their driver's seat exploded, we say ok here's what'll it'll cost to fix it. They say either "Ok, lets do it", or "Umm...no...i think maybe i should just get another car".

In case two we say "Hey, btw did you know if you go through that door over there, they sell cars?"

they go "OMG, 4 real!?!?"

we go "Yah, totally!!!"

End of our deal there. Are we like....supposed to have grief counseling or....apply for federal bailout money for them or something instead?

It's a pretty damn simple operation we're dealing with here.

(mr btw. Women cant do hard work, silly)
  9. muldrake Member

It's funny. I used to work in computer repair, and other than having geeks instead of burly guys with greasy hands, it's pretty much identical. This is a field where not only is the customer not always right, they're pretty much always wrong, and you ultimately get pretty apathetic about it. You figure out what they need done and tell them how much it will cost. Then they freak out. Then you're like okay, we also sell computers. Then they either get it fixed, buy a computer, or go away.

And then if they decide to fix it they're like "oh and I want it back by Monday." When you're finished laughing, you order the part and get to work on whatever you actually have a part for.
  10. Skeptic1337 Member

You know. I can understand being an elawyer and an epsychologist and perhaps even an ecop.

But an emechanic?

Any ways for shits and giggles I went to get a quote today, I have a jeep. 4x4 cherokee sport. Total cost for a new transmission? $1700.

You don't have to believe me try it yourself with your local mechanic.

Any ways carry on with your ACE certified bad self. No wonder you aint a mechanic any more, ripping people off is a sure fast way to not stay in business very long.
  11. CantPickaName Member

Wow good work...maybe you can get a better quote for my friend...he was quoted $34,000 to repaint his Rolls...just a basic Rolls paint job....let me know
  12. Anonymous Member

You seem to be one of those nurses they discover has been poisoning patients to death for the last decade, and they go back through the records and uncover hundreds of cases.

I hope someone investigates every car you've worked on and you reimburse people because you sound like the biggest crook who will say anything to justify this existence of ripping people off.

In the regular world.. There is a reasonable rate for stuff. Like I want to get a pizza. Sure I *could* go to some five star hotel and order room service. But let's say I don't have a lot of money and I am begging for donations online to buy a pizza. Well, it doesn't make sense to pay $100 for a pizza when everyone else knows that they can be had for $10.

You are some asshole concierge insisting that for a quality pizza there is nothing wrong with spending $100 for a good pizza that makes you feel satiated and a dining experience that is memorable.

Keep on telling everyone that $4500 PLUS labor is reasonable. And keep telling them you are a certified mechanic. I have no doubts you were run out of the business due to your lack of ethics.
  13. Varg Member

Wow.
    I get through the first post here and all I can say is "Baww moar fgt".
    :I
  14. Belladonna Member

What a useful bump. Thank you for stopping by.
  15. Varg Member

Anytime, Bintadonna.
  16. PimpXenu Member

This shit done gone derailed so much i'm not even sure what it is i'm talking about anymore. Pretty sure it was $4500 INCLUDING labor though.

I'm not an ase master tech, but i have around 8 certifications (heh, try and figure that out geniusfags). I wasnt "run out" of the business, for one i never owned my own shop or anything like that. I quit, because being a mechanic, originally, was something i did to pay my way through college, but eventually i said fuck college and went with being a mechanic, which was a mistake. After about 10 years of doing it though, i realized, this isnt the sort of thing i want to do forever, so now i'm an unemployedfag trying to get through graduate school.

Umm....viva baby fisting....i guess.....i dunno, not sure i can say anything that just wont piss someone else off. Btw, if you really want to get pissed, keep in mind i also worked for the government for 4 years, and i probably cost you taxpayers several tens of millions of dollars to do simple repairs. yeah....gotta love that corporate/military monopoly. Vote smarter folks.
  17. PresidentShaw Member

vub9l.gif
  18. Anonymous Member

Okay.

pimpxenu's 8 types of master.

1. Ass Master
    2. Cock Master
    3. Donkey Master
    4. Deep Throat Master
    5. Take it up the tail pipe master.
    6. ??
    7. Donkey Punchee Master (aka Bite the pillow bitch)
    8. Profit.
  19. Lorelei Member

This thread is apparently all about "how much shit costs now, and how it didn't cost that much when I was a kid" nao. Maybe can also be about walking miles uphill both ways barefoot in the snow every day, how you could have any colour car you wanted as long as it was black and had a crank on the front, and how those damn kids won't stay off yer lorn.

Hey, I don't think anyone has told TG to get a locking gas cap or security cam for a whole 20 minutes or so; y'all be slackin'.
  20. Anon123456 Member

fuck tommy gormans jeep ive got a tail light out. please paypal me. the estimated cost is 800 dollars. tnx
  21. FreakE420Girl Member

Haha wow babe I see it.Dont smoke and shoop!!!!!!
  22. PimpXenu Member

I'm not a master though........
  23. Anonymous Member

But you are talking about customer service all of the things mentioned were customer service orientated.
    No over charging has to do with pricing not paying. And I don't believe you on the second half of that story but I do believe you heard that tail.

i did not say charge more per service I said charge more as in getting more money out of a customer. Like the Flag reg, the prices are fixed their job is to sell you more of them.

--
    I think you changed your argument, didn't it used to be that going to the dealership was worth the extra money? But now it seems to be that mechanics are better at dealerships, than at independent garages. it doesn't matter you are still loosing the argument.

How much would you charge to install a locking gas cap ?
  24. PimpXenu Member

I think my entire argument was that $4500 seems reasonable to me, depending on where you go. I think...

I dont really recall making any other argument other than that, but hivemind has sort of made it's own argument about.....something......i'm not really sure what it is, i suppose it's just that people dont like paying money for things.

for you, over 9000.
  25. Belladonna Member

This thread is now about

picture12tg.png
  26. Anonymous Member

fify
  27. PimpXenu Member

It's so easy, that you could do it today, if given the chance. Totally you could. Totally. For free even.
  28. Anonymous Member

Even though you're a giant douche nozzle, I have to give you credit for using the avatar I fix'd for you.

[IMG]

Maybe I'll even upgrade you to a turd sandwich.