Customize

Toronto - 77 Peter St. - 1 June 2013 Post Game

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Wisemanofthewatchtower, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Ok,

The good news is we have a 'win' on the sidewalks. Today, the police did not intervene with our right to stand on the sidewalk, and we did our part not to block pedestrians walking along Peter St. The weather cooperated too, we stayed dry while it poured in the north end of the city.

The first time they called the police, I had a quick chat with an officer in the car, and I told them that it was important to have my right to stand there on the sidewalk, as long as the protest was small in number.

Despite myself and TorontosRoot being on our best behaviour (as always) they got a bit pushy on the phone lines. The second time the police got involved, a cruiser called us over to the side to tell us that the dispatch was getting repeated phone calls about us "blocking the doorway" and I am certain the police were getting annoyed with the staff who kept calling, not with us. I simply showed the officer where we were standing (about 9 feet from the actual doorway) and we resumed the protest.

If we assume from that point and later that the cops merely drove by to look at us every time the org called them, I'd say they called the police 6 times in 4 hours. I really want to know if there's a fine for that? I hope they're not calling 911 each time...

We suspect they have made use of a back door to the place during protests now, because we saw no members leave for break time or return. Nonetheless, we talked with many people and had several photos taken for publicizing our protest on facebook etc.
    • Like Like x 17
  2. amaX Member

Ahhh yes----avoidance by using the back door. Back door tech! They're such cowards.
    Well done on protesting! Can't wait to see pix!!! <3
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

Time to brush up on the Access to Information Act and make a request to the local police regarding the number of callouts. If you can establish a pattern of timewasting/false call-outs it may help you when negotiating with the police - hard dox will help show the police what you are up against.

Just my CAD$0.02
    • Like Like x 6
  4. RightOn Member

does this really work though?
    Remember when the police were constantly called in DC? And at other orgs? And still are?
    Does Canada pay more attention to this then the US police departments? Because they have been and still are being called for false reports and nuisance calls by the COS.
    Just recently, the Oregon Ideal Org opening when they searched Bunker, and the police were told he threw something off the roof.
    You would think that the police would start charging them for false reports and wasting the tax payer's dollars. But nope!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Anonymous Member

Getting them punished is probably unlikely, but this type of dox would certainly help when the police start insisting on moving protesters back.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ogsonofgroo Member

Maybe time to construct some new info-packs? CoS' continued bawwing must seriously be pissing the cops off, nothing unusual there, but I think that keeping them well informed is of benefit to all.

Thanks for the reportage Wiseman! Torontanons frikken ROCK!
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Anonymous Member

Canafags no haz pennies anymore.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  8. DeathHamster Member

At least keep a log book--Useful and impressive to whip out when Officer Plod tries to move you along.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jensting Member

Nice work! I don't think there's a limit to how annoying the clams[1] are to the proper authorities. After all, they're doing what is best for the greatest number of dynamics!!

[1] the victims of the mind-fuck perpetrated by the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

June 1, 2013 Toronto Scientology protest at temporary mOrg, 77 Peter Street

Published by RootedLinuxBrian on Jun 10, 2013

Late uploading due to being busy yet again. Ending caption covers the rest once you reach that part of the video. I missed some good lulz when mario and most of the culties were complaining about us standing on their side of the public sidewalk and they did not get their way. They ended up calling the police numerous times and after the second time, were ignored as the cruisers just kept driving by each time, with a majority of them smiling as they passed. Calm protest without much action, but lots of public interaction, is calm.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. skeptic2girl Member

I am ignorant of the Access of Information Act, but once I just called the non-emergency admin police number (I'm in San Francisco) to casually ask about which days the Church of Scientology at 701 Montgomery St had called the cops and what their complaint was.

I do not *think* I was asked to give my name -- but I told the truth: I protested there, they have summoned the police, and I wanted to compare what they were saying we were doing vs. what we were in reality not doing.

I suppose in such a case it might depend on whom you talk to, but the person I talked with was really nice, and my tone and attitude was kind of light-hearted and, "I hate to bother you guys with this but..."

Hopefully there is an Anon in your cell who isn't worried about calling the police from his/her phone. I think I would have had to give a real name if I wanted to go in and get the records, but even then, there's usually someone in the cell who the cult has already fair gamed, whose name they already know and who might not mind going in.

tl;dr

Not necessarily necessary to look up a bunch of fancy laws
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

spam reported
  13. DeathHamster Member

They thought that no protestors allowed in front of the org was a nailed victory, so the rollback causes extreme burning butthurt for them.

The OG protested for years, walking back and forth in front of the org without any problems (other than their goon violence). Some Anonymous, who are no longer active, agreed to police suggestions for protesting areas because there were so many of them, and they were cooperative citizens.

Without the large numbers causing a problem, this "agreement" shouldn't binding on people who weren't present at the time. However, we are still cooperative citizens, and I wouldn't suggest being a dick and INSISTING ON YOUR CHARTER RIGHTS without a lawyer on retainer and speed-dial. Actually, just don't be a dick. :cool:

Friendly discussion and reasonableness work wonders with officers who have better things to do than answer false alarms, and that's what you've been doing, so keep doing it. (I'll be there when I can make it.) The occasional officer who buys CoS's BS stories of being intimidated and terrified by peaceful protestors .. *sigh* .. it happens.

Back in the old days, we used to fill out police paperwork for a scheduled protest. Two big problems with that: Someone had to totally dox themselves to CoS (name and address), and since CoS knew when we going to protest, they could arrange their goon squad to be there waiting in full force, rather than a scrambled response. After a while we got tired of being used as clay pigeons and stopped doing that!

(With the scheduled protests, the weird part is that CoS would pay *ka-ching* for an off-duty officer to stand guard. And then they'd have to distract the officer when one of their goons was going to try something. Strong in the cult-think they were! Still are--for the recent Portland opening, they hired a police bomb squad with K9 unit. OMGWTF!)

CoS will claim to the police that protestors have never been allowed in front of the org, but that would be a complete lie. 52 division should have plenty of files on years of OG protests, if the files haven't mysteriously vanished. (It's funny how that happens when CoS claims that they don't do the Operation Snow White thing any more. "We never did that! It was years ago! It was photocopy paper! We haven't done that since at least last week! I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!")
    • Like Like x 4
  14. themadhair Member

To Toronto anons:

We're updating our stillalive records, and we are missing information for Toronto. Do ye lot have a forum? Where is the best place to direct newfags to?

At present we have a WWP link and this: http://anonymoustoronto.wiki-site.com/

Can a Torontofag write me up a 500 character description for the Toronto anon group?
  15. DeathHamster Member

Two blocks from the "temporary" org:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/02/ro...inal-days-another-secret-lives-video-outtake/
    • Like Like x 4