Discussion in 'Canada' started by The Wrong Guy, Apr 25, 2015.
What will go down a bit soon?
Don't bother answering. Just reviewed the thread and see that you're probably referring to the price. Sounds like wishful thinking.
Thought, at first, you were referring to the prohibition on speakers at the conference posting their own videos on their sites.
The price? In any way, I don't care. No complaints.
Weren't you referring to the price? If you aren't sure what you meant originally, then how can anyone else know?
I give up.
Yes, it was the price. But since I couldn't give a duck's rabbit hole about it, it's got no complaints. Other film producers are charging similar VOD fees, below and at $200. Vimeo is like that. Lol
Thanks for the clarification.
It does seem, with the price, and with the viewing restriction, that those who will see these videos are few.
Or the desperate ones.
I wonder if university libraries will buy the film.
I came across this post from Jim Beverley @ ESMB this morning:
To Scientology watchers,
It has been a week since the launch of the films from the Getting Clear conference from this past June that Jon Atack and I organized. We decided to film the whole event, all five days, in High Definition, with four cameras. The result is 28 sessions, with over 26 hours of filming.
In light of some of the difficulties in renting the films (due to lack of clarity on the Vimeo Pro site and in our initial announcement), we are repeating the initial discount for the whole set of conference sessions. Here is what to do to order the films:
1. Go to https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gettingclear
2. Click on Rent All [a blue button on right, below trailer]
3. Put in credit card info or choose PayPal option
4. Click on "Apply Promo Code" and put in GCF90 [gives 25% off...in either U.S., Canadian, British pound, Euro, or Australian currency]
5. Click Rent button
A few other items:
1. As said earlier, if anyone cannot afford the discount rate, please write me at email@example.com and we can try and work something out. I have already been critiqued for offering this help on Tony's Bunker, but I can live with believing that it is okay to offer assistance to those who are poor.
2. I will be posting individual pricing on sessions soon. There are some restrictions and technical items from Vimeo Pro that I have to figure out.
3. As soon as possible, we hope to go to Blu-Ray duplication for individuals who want hard copies and for libraries, etc. The main obstacle is the high cost of the initial run. One of the best companies in Canada that I consulted wants a minimum order of 1,000 sets. A company sales person said it would take 8 disks to capture the entire filming.
Still don't have an answer to this question.
Gerry Armstrong expressed an interest in posting the video of his talk on his site for all to see. Can he now do that?
Can you please post where and when I expressed that interest.
It was surmised from this post by Caroline Letkeman, quoting you, earlier in the thread.
Okay, those would be...
... this post - https://whyweprotest.net/threads/to...gy-june-22-26-2015.126137/page-5#post-2544178
... and this post - https://whyweprotest.net/threads/to...gy-june-22-26-2015.126137/page-5#post-2544254
... posts #'s 189 & 191.
Where in either of the two posts of Caroline's ITT does Gerry assert what you have been asking about?
Not interested in arguing about it.
You're obviously content that only a small number of people are going to see these videos, and don't regard that with disappointment.
How about this? You use this link to go to Vimeo and see the Trailer for the Production:
If you continue to believe that a product created with such high production values should be free after seeing the samples provided by the Trailer, then perhaps re-reading Jim Beverley's message posted above will possibly ameliorate your discomforts:
There have been many events in the past and most of the information in these Getting Clear videos was already known. In the near future, there are going to more events with more speakers and videos will be made and quickly placed on line for wide viewership. Minus the hype, this particular Getting Clear event is not particularly special. So, no big deal.
Choose a color via Color picker or click the predefined style names!