Customize

Toronto December 6, 2009: Drug-Free Marshals @ Nathan Phillips Square

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by HellRazor, Nov 6, 2009.

1. HellRazor Member

Toronto December 6, 2009: Drug-Free Marshals @ Nathan Phillips Square

21st Annual Drug-Free Marshals "Say No to Drugs, Say Yes to Life" Christmas Festival

21st Annual Drug-Free Marshals "Say No to Drugs, Say Yes to Life" Christmas Festival

This is an EXCELLENT opportunity for a flyer raid ("Drug-Free Marshals = Scientology!"). Better yet, lets try to get them B&.

http://forum.studyoftruth.org/showthread.php?p=2605
  2. TorontosRoot Member

Re: Toronto December 6, 2009: Drug-Free Marshals @ Nathan Phillips Square

EXCELLENT! I will show up to this, cold or not, it's worth freezing my ass off.
  3. Anonymous Member

bump

Needs moar attendees
  4. peterstorm Member

Plenty of folks to harpoon, from the same website!

The Toronto Drug Stategy - Toronto Public Health

The Toronto Drug Strategy - Toronto Public Health

Useful sauce:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-xurZczQQ4"]YouTube- IAS Global Salvage 2007 Part 8[/ame]

http://anonymousmontreal.blogspot.com/2009/05/la-scientologie-utilise-limage-de-la.html

(scilon site)
    http://www.drugfreemarshals.org/
  5. TorontosRoot Member

OMG, I just realized I got a jam session on that date... I could miss one session... As long as people show up, it will be worth it.

BRING 'EM ANONS TO TEH EVENTZ
  6. Anonymous Member

Damn- I thought it said free drug marshals
  7. humphrey Member

I'm gonna be homeless around then so I will either have a lot of extra money or none at all, which in either case will decide whether or not I go :3
  8. _You_ Member

bump

come on, moar protestees! we must get moar into it.
  9. HellRazor Member

10. TorontosRoot Member

December 6th, I will be coming from lansdowne on queen, might arrive a bit late due to a recording session scheduled the same day within that time frame. I cannot miss the recording session, but will make it late if I leave early.
  11. HellRazor Member

12. HellRazor Member

Bump. Event is tomorrow.
  13. DeathHamster Member

Articles about Scientology's drug teaching getting kicked out of California (Same stuff, Narconon label.):

Church's drug program flunks S.F. test / Panel of experts finds Scientology's Narconon lectures outdated, inaccurate October 2, 2004, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle
    Common sense prevails June 20, 2004, Editorial, San Francisco Chronicle
    Doctors back schools dropping flawed antidrug program March 27, 2005, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle
    L.A. schools look hard at Narconon / Scrutiny follows S.F., state review of anti-drug program June 23, 2004, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle
    Narconon banned from S.F. schools August 25, 2004, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle
    Probe of antidrug program ordered / State schools chief says he could bar Narconon teachings June 17, 2004, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle
    Sabotaging drug 'education' in S.F. public schools June 14, 2004, Mitch Earleywine, Open Forum, San Francisco Chronicle
    Schools put drug program on notice / S.F. tells lecturers linked to Scientology to fix inaccuracies June 10, 2004, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle
    Schools urged to drop antidrug program / Scientology-linked teachings inaccurate, superintendent says February 23, 2005, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle
    Scientology link to public schools / As early as the third grade, students in S.F.and elsewhere are subtly introduced to church's concepts via anti-drug teachings June 9, 2004, Nanette Asimov, San Francisco Chronicle

Study for their counter-arguments:
    Narconon responds June 16, 2004, G. Megan Shields, Letters to the Editor, San Francisco Chronicle
  14. NotHubbard Member

Nanette, you've make me proud.
  15. TorontosRoot Member

Won't be able to make mass-prints or copies, I will not have enough time to do so.

Crosspost on local forums.
  16. peterstorm Member

Enturbulate children? meh

You have my blessing. Make it 2/2 for Canada Torontofags!
  17. Kadidlehopper Member

AWWW I cant belive I missed this... My bad guys...

I hope to see you all at the christmas one!
  18. TorontosRoot Member

I missed you! Anybody feel like a late raid on teh org? I haerd they liek raidz! It isn't too late, right?

I am just inside the hudsons bay outside yonge & bloor if anybodys up for one last kick in the scrotum on the scifags.

*blah* I'm disappointed in myself. I was so hoping to march with whoever was in the group right through the scilon celebration, Singing carols as we went :p

Ah, better wait until the 26th.
  19. TorontosRoot Member

Org is open until 6/6:30pm sundays, 10/10:30pm monday-friday, probably same for saturdays. Recon complete. Was easy as caek :)

Late raids aren't uncertain now that you know the hours. Plox update wiki for toronto.
  20. Kadidlehopper Member

20th, it was a typo on my part
  21. TorontosRoot Member

Looking foarward to it
    :)
  22. _You_ Member

I'm just going to put this here ahead of time since I know most of you are ADD;

tl;dr It was cold, we saw a pedobear, need more anons next time

Pics coming soon... I think. (other guy has them, blame him)

Now the real meat;

It's too bad you people missed all the fun. The potential for win would have been greater had there been more than just two of us. Anyways basic rundown of the days events.

Two newfags appear at the meeting place. After waiting until 12:30 just to make sure that it was just us we decided to hit the street. Armed with a sign, a bunch of fliers and our pride we marched down Queen St. with little to no idea on how we were going to do this. We chose our location with cunning, skill, precision... and because it was one of the only pockets of sunlight that kept us from completely freezing our asses off.

There were not a lot of people walking the street, but quite a few skating. The relatively low foot traffic turned out to be kind of a double edged sword. We might have been getting sparse general looks in our direction, but DFM 'concert' was getting virtually no one. Rows and rows of empty chairs. To add to our 'reception', to be honest our sign was kind of fail and I think it provoked more confusion than inquiry.

In the first hour we maybe handed out two fliers and talked to just about as many people while freezing our asses off. The second hour we upped it to about 4 fliers and 6 people talked to. We also tried dancing... but that can only do so much to try to thaw frozen asses.

The end of the second hour and around the start of the third we probably got our best response of the day when a photographer wanted to know more about what we were doing. We gave him the low down, we chatted he took a flier and headed off in the direction of the 'concert'. He comes back 20 minutes later and tells us what a load of shit they were preaching. He showed us what they were handing out and after a few more minutes of chatting, headed on his marry way.

After about half an hour or so the anon beside me noticed a disturbance in the force. When we turned around to investigate we saw none other than a large man in a bear suit walking around the DFM stage getting friendly with young children that so happen to wander close after skating. After getting closer a closer look, we retreated back to our corner and commenced to laugh our frozen asses off for around 10 minutes straight.

After the 'pedobear' sighting the cold must have really gotten to our heads and out of the blue we started to sing...

"Oh the weather outside is frightful."
    "And a fire would be so delightful.
    "And since we've decided not to go..."
    "Please god don't let it snow, don't let it snow, don't let it snow!"

Rinse and repeat alternating lines as necessary.

By about the end of the third hour we are pretty much numb. By this point we are just goofing around. Moonwalking up Queen St. Jumping on top of those big underground exhaust grates and doing the robot. All while trying to hand out fliers and educate the passers by. In hind sight, the dancing didn't really help us educate. People just tended to look, laugh and keep walking. It was also around this time that two women wearing DFM hats approached us, whipped out their camera phones and told us to smile. Realizing how stupid it was smiling when our faces were covered we gave them our best heroic pose and waved them on their way. I can remember hearing myself say "We're here! You're there! Get used to us! ... Or you know, walk away, that's cool too."

The beginning of our forth hour our little patch of sunlight was gone, and coincidentally it happened to be also when the wind picked up. So we handed out about one more flier to what looked like a reporter team, talked to them for a minute. Watched these college students go up to some random pedestrians and sing Christmas carols in their faces while they filmed it. Took one final picture, packed up, said goodbye and parted ways.

All in all an interesting day. Need at least one more person next time to achieve maximum win. Now I wrote this going on two hours of sleep and I am exhausted from walking around the city all day. So if you have a problem with my style or report... whatever. Anon out.
  23. Belladonna Member

Very nice. Also, let us know who he married.

Bears doesn't afraid of inclement weather, so Anons do what they have to do. Great work!
  24. Olrik Member

That's good work, Anons.
  25. xenubarb Member

Good work indeed, particularly in the cold. Ewww, cold!
  26. amaX Member

Sounds like it was a better day than you think. Maybe you're still frozen around the edges? Can't wait to see the pix. Hoping your fellow Anon thaws out soon.

I lol'd at your dancing.

I cried when your pocket of sunshine left you.

Good job, guise!
  27. HellRazor Member

You guys are awesome! Thanks for the win!

BTW, harpoons were fired at all the city councillors and the local police divisions to avoid participating in this Scientology front group event.
  28. Anon1720 Member

A big thank you to the two Anons who showed up for this.
  29. JohnnyRUClear Member

Good work!! Bad weather is bad. Thanks for doing the hard stint!
  30. FUCK Member

Awesome job guise.