Customize

Toronto Sept 23-26 CCHR Protest-Counter Protest

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DeathHamster, Jul 19, 2010.

1. peterstorm Member

2. sKepptiksowat Member

Re: Toronto Sept 23-26 CCHR Protest-Counter Protest

Wiseman's presentation was standing room only and well received. I will post the highlights soon for those interested in seeing how he did.

Absolutely no culties to be found.

We went to the org and there was a dude handing out the free personality test garbage and immediately accused us of harassing him. He went in to call the cops.

Some goon came out and demanded we go across the street because it was apparently what the police have requested from protesters. WTF. That is a clear violation of the Charter so we stayed put and no cops showed up.

Wiseman invited the psychs to visit the protest tomorrow so expect them. Wiseman will be showing up for sure. In a mask no less.

See you there.
  3. Anonymous Member

Win!

Actually, a couple of years ago, Toronto Police did ask Anons not to protest directly in front of the Org. Since then, protestors have abided by this agreement.

View attachment Protest_map_version_2.jpg

Awesome!
  4. RightOn Member

getting interesting
  5. DeathHamster Member

As I recall, that was supposed to be a temporary "gentleman's agreement" for the summer of 2008 when there were an awkward number of protesters to fit in front of the org. Certainly the anons who were organizing the protests back then are no longer around. I, on the other hand, was part of a group that peacefully picketed right in front of the org from 1997 to 2002 or so. I'm not saying that I'll definitely picket in front of the org, but I don't consider myself bound by a friendly agreement of other people two years ago.
  6. sKepptiksowat Member

I think Gerry and I will be in front of the org but if asked by the police to move we will without argument.

If CCHR did not show up when a psych was giving a presentation on them I would think it's safe to say they are done.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
  7. DeathHamster Member

On Saturday, card finds you!

CardFoundYou.jpg
  8. DeathHamster Member

VERY disappoint! Four of us showed up, and none of were from Toronto or strictly Anons. The org rolled up the blinds and pulled the covers over their heads while we stood in front of the org. No police came by.

(Typing this on my phone in the pub across from the org.)
  9. Anonymous Member

Sounds like the CoS T.O. is a pushover.
  10. TinyDancer Member

Excellent. So you were allowed to film it...
  11. sKepptiksowat Member

Yes indeed.

Today I also filmed a great interview with Nan McLean at the pub across the street from the Org. She is one feisty old broad.

In the middle of the interview we overheard some fellow at the bar talking about Scientology and something the cult did to a cat so we called the fellow over and he related a very interesting story. I will post that soon.

Videos will be up a little later than usual due to having a crappy laptop that doesn't process HD files very quickly and the on again/off again wifi connection at the hotel we are staying at.

The day was full of win but it was a little disappoint that Toronto Anonymous is no more.

Thanks DeathHamster, Dr.S Wiseman, Dr. J Wiseman, Cute Girl Superstar, and Nan McLean for coming down to enturbulate with us.

It' been a great weekend. :)
  12. peterstorm Member

Is Ms McLean the lady that got a fake funeral by Co$ back in the 80s?
  13. sKepptiksowat Member

Yes it is. She was a very interesting interview. I think you will like it.

She also gave me permission to post her video testimony that is being sent to Xenophon, on his request, but I must wait until it is received by him and a decision is made by an Australian television station on it's possible airing for a special on the cult.

Teaser: She makes a very startling claim in the vid that she has never spoken about until now. This old gal doesn't afraid of anything.
  14. DeathHamster Member

When Gerry and sKepptiksowat got there (way before me), the org was already rolled up tight.

2010-09-25_12-26-50_641_Toronto.jpg

Toxic Revenger rides by. (I ride with some Hi-Viz myself, but that's just blinding!)

2010-09-25_12-41-59_905_Toronto.jpg

What a nice day!

2010-09-25_12-26-27-809_TorontoB.jpg

Gerry and Nan.

2010-09-25_13-26-36_539.jpg

I don't want to steal sKepptiksowat's thunder, but this is too good not to tell, and will be even more LOLWUT in video. While we were away, across the street having lunch, the org gradually opened its shell. First a single IAS person was handing out something to people, and then they rolled up the blinds.

After lunch, we went back across and stood in front of the org. *wham* *wham* *wham*, all the blinds began going back down.

Looks like they're really "at cause" over life, eh?

Oh, we did pass out a fair number of the cards. They might even be easier than flyers get people to accept. I gave the remainder to Gerry and sKepptiksowat to distribute in a place that might do CoS some interesting damage.
  15. peterstorm Member

I don't know what to make of this. No CCHR?

A psychiatrist does a presentation about Co$ in Toronto, the head office for the cult in Canada, and CCHR/cultists are a no show?
  16. AnonyMary Member

deleted

Glad to see the pics and post on how it went outside the org and event. The cult cowards stayed behind closed doors, lol
  17. AnonyMary Member

Nan McLean!! Wow, that's a name I remember. So glad she is speaking up to the pols ansd media!!

Affidavit - 23 November 1978 Nan McLean dox Scientology's R2-45 Process
    http://web.archive.org/web/20010304001936/www.xenu.ca/court/affidavit.html

Scientology library: “Nancy McLean” in the news
    http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/library.php?mf=1&yf=&mt=12&yt=&t=Nancy McLean&ppg=30

Nan & John McLean v. CSC: March 16, 1982
    Nancy McLEAN and John McLean, Her Son, Plaintiffs,
    v.
    The CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF CALIFORNIA, et al., Defendants.

No. 81-174 Civ. T-K.
    United States District Court, M. D. Florida, Tampa Division.
    March 16, 1982.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20010304045442/www.xenu.ca/court/occf175.html

615 F.2d 691
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF CALIFORNIA, a Non-Profit
    Corporation, under the laws of California,
    Plaintiff-Appellant,
    v.
    John McLEAN and Nancy McLean, Defendants-Appellees.
    No. 79-2629
    Summary Calendar.*

United States Court of Appeals,
    Fifth Circuit.
    http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/615/615.F2d.691.79-2629.html
    http://www.lermanet.com/scientologyscandals/silence-mclean.htm

Scientologists settle 4 suits out of court
    Home > Scientology library > Jul-Dec 1986
    http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/library-item.php?iid=3131

Nan deserves her own thread on this interview.
  18. sKepptiksowat Member

They did it one more time after we walked Nan to her car! lol
  19. MFKR Member

Not so fast, folks.
    This afternoon, when you guys were up at the Org on Yonge Street, there were a full 30-40 Scientologists/CCHR monkeys down at the CPA convention hotel protesting. Marching up and down the street, on the megaphone, handing out shitty pamphlets full of lies, the big "Industry of Death" truck rolling back and forth honking its horn and getting cheers...oh, no, the CCHR showed up against the psychs IN FORCE today in Toronto, and may very well have specifically organized the timing to coincide with when anyone in Anon who is anyone had been saying they'd be a few miles north at the Org.
  20. AnonyMary Member

Dox, please.
  21. sKepptiksowat Member

I find this very suspect. I doubt that they started their protest just after the good Dr's came to the protest and ended right before they got back. That would of meant they did all this stuff in 45 mins and then shut it down.

We would of been alerted to this so I have to call shenanigans. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

I'll give Steve a call at the Harbour Castle but I think he'll just say "are you nuts?"

I'll know by tomorrow at the latest if this a lame troll attempt or a big disappoint for us.
  22. sKepptiksowat Member

??????
  23. Anonymous Member

In what context.
  24. MFKR Member

Sorry, I have no "dox" as I was without camera etc. But feel free to ask any of hundreds of Canadian psychs who saw it all, as well as the security manager of the Westin Hotel and the local Police who were apparently contacted by the cult so it would come off as totally peaceful and "legit".

Anon Toronto took it up the ass this weekend, I'm afraid, firstly because the only folks in front of the Org were from B.C. and second because one of the biggest, loudest, proudest recent CCHR protests in memory arose on their turf, by complete surprise, coordinated to when the supposed Org-raid was supposed to go down.

Win for CPA for having the stones to let Wiseman talk...this obviously got the cult's attention....and for the Vancouver guys who at least turned up. But a strong whiff of douchiness for the rest...
  25. peterstorm Member

Posting on a ? thread.
  26. sKepptiksowat Member

Possibly tl;dr

I edited my post about the disappointment because I didn't want a particular individual to know about my failure to be at the hotel for the CCHR before I let him know by PM.

Too late now. My fail

We were let down big time and not by Toronto anons. They did their work and should be praised for it. No, the disappointment is with myself.

I take responsibility for assuming they would show up on the day of Wiseman's presentation but if it was a Vancouver/Toronto anon, ex-sci, or public supporter who spotted them knowing we were at the org they would have done whatever they could to inform us.

Very disappoint but the Nan interview, Wiseman's presentation, and the blind tech vid will comfort the sore nuts. I'm not sure it will be good enough for my benefactor. My apologies to him if he is reading this before the emails I'm sending him.

By the way MFKR, I wish you could of spun by the org but no worries because at least you let us know here. Thanks for that.

Pissed off and sick in Toronto,
    skepp
  27. Anonymous Member

Re: Possibly tl;dr

Don't worry about it.
  28. peterstorm Member

Re: Possibly tl;dr

Don't worry about it. They're on CBC tomorrow night!
  29. BlooAnon Member

It's nice to see that some things don't change.

: May 2008

Keep it up!
  30. Anonymous Member

whoever this mfkr is should of fucking let you guys know instead of just fucking gloating about it. what the fuck r u thinking. what kind of anon r u?

2 posts in 2 years both on cchr. you must be a plant or just a douchebag. wich is it?

sorry i couldn't show up andt if i had seen the goons i would of sent a cab for you at the least or detoured and went to the org myself. this is a drag but seeing nan in a vid is a big deal so is wisemans presentation. seeing the cchr get trolled would of been awesome but not as awesome as nan or wiseman vids. i cant wait to see them.

thanks for your efforts skepp and great vids both serious and lulzy. you have my respect and gerry does too. your last vid was fucking awesome and you guys are good musicians. i know cuz im one too.

mfkr is a good handle for you mfkr.
  31. DeathHamster Member

First. Nan and myself aren't from BC.
    Second. You say "one of the biggest, loudest, proudest recent CCHR protests in memory". How many do you remember?
  32. Anonymous Member

The worst grammer i have seen in a while.
    Inb4grammernazi.
  33. Anonymous Member

I hate it when someone interferes with my reason for living. :D
  34. sKepptiksowat Member

Wish you were. :)

Thanks DH for enturbulating with us and don't forget to look us up if and when you come to the coast.

Our flight is way too early in the morning so I'm off to bed.

Thanks again.
  35. MFKR Member

Yes, I have been accused of being douchebag before, and do not see this as a hill to die on, so won't fight it. However, you must understand that I had no way of contacting the folks in front of the Org when the CCHR shit went down at the Westin...just believe it. The first CCHR protest I witnessed firsthand was in San Francisco in May, 1993, and there have been many since. I'm certainly not gloating and certainly do not agree with Skeptic that blame in any form should fall on his shoulders. It should not...he has punched well above his weight for a long, long time. But many of the rest of us should be mature enough to take a good long look in the mirror...
  36. Anonymous Member

maybe the CCHR shitparade will serve as a wake-up call for the psychs.
  37. Anonymous Member

How is this a win for them? All they did was show up long after the speech happened and make a lot of noise and prove the point of the speaker. They failed to stop it and failed to really engage the public and probably just got in people's way and pissed them off.
  38. Re: Toronto Sept 23-26 CCHR Protest-Counter Protest

Hey, you guys did f'in great. Especially impressed by the people who traveled for it. You got the org raid in, there was that (apparently) great speech, and lots of other good stuff. Major kudos.

Yeah, so a few people would've wanted to troll the CCHR protest - not the end of the world. It's not like they're winning support or anything; we mustn't equate activity with achievement. Groups like the WBC demonstrate all the time, and nobody gives a shit.

And like others said, if anything, their demonstrators might've just punctuated Wiseman's point. :D
  39. Anonymous Member

It would be long in coming because they have been asleep for too long.

Kudos to all who did something big or small.

P.S. Is it true that Toronto smells like piss?
  40. Intelligence Member

"This old Gal doesn't seem afraid of anything"

Good for Her!