Customize

Tracking Of The Freewinds

Discussion in 'Projects' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Is there a Colombian cell active? Plenty of material in Espanol.

Also- they speak weird languages on Aruba and those places - be good somehow to get translations of vital leaflets and info to immunize the locals against the old LRH tricks.
  2. LocalSP Member

How come the Freewinds never comes to the U.S.?
  3. AnonLover Member

Si - moar columbians ITT would be nice!
  4. Mark Cabian Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. failboat Member

In fact, all of the recent photos of the Freewinds, at least those since your post, show her riding at approximately that same depth with about that same amount of blue showing.

If she's carrying a light tonnage, she'll use less fuel accelerating, cruising, and counteracting drag, and save on the primary operating cost of a vessel that size. This savings could be quite significant, but she's made top-heavy and easily capsized.

129014697456517821.jpg

All the recent photos are fair weather photos. In the event of bad weather, modern ships have means (pumps or compartments) to take on ballast water to make the ship more stable. There's some delay in transition, of course.

Meanwhile, during good weather, the photo evidence is that COS runs her in a fuel-efficient but unsafe way, if you fear sudden storms.
  6. Mark Cabian Member

7. Anonymous Member

Easily capsized. Fun game to play: think about these 2 words while reading Bare Faced Messiah and the launch of the Sea Org.
  8. basil Member

Out of boredom I looked up Freewinds on a ship tracking site I frequent for other, non enturbulation purposes.

Currently showing
    Speed/Course: 17.9 kn / 35˚
    Length x Breadth: 134 m X 21 m
    Draught: 6 m
    Destination: SANTA MARTA
    ETA: 2011-08-13 13:15 (UTC)
    Received (803): 0h 2min 31s ago
    Left Cartagena about 4 hours ago.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ and type 'freewinds' in the search box then click on the one that comes up below it. There's the old rustbucket.

Ship data shows capacity 540. I wonder how many are on board today...
  9. Anonymous Member

from wiki
    Santa Marta is the capital city of the Colombian department of Magdalena in the Caribbean Region.
  10. AIN Member

well, as I said awhile back, compared to other ships her size, her passenger capacity is 1/2 of other cruise ships. Odds are, it is running less. If you check the wiki page on the freewinds, post refit, it knocked the passenger capacity down to 360. Also, it grew 6 inches longer, lost about six hundred odd pounds in gross tonnage, 9.3 inches in draught.

All the ships info is here
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?MMSI=354993000

Last Position Received

Area:
    Latitude / Longitude: 12.2607° / -69.42506° (Map)
    Currently in Port:
    Last Known Port: WILLEMSTAD
    Info Received: 2d 11h 44min 19s ago
    Not Currently in Range
    Itineraries History
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Damn!
  12. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. So what I'm basically am taking away from this is that scientologists have special underwear requirements and they are obsessed with smoke breaks.
  14. AIN Member

So, they are like mormons?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. In that they are likewise following a religion established by a rather shady fellow in suspicious circumstances, yes.

In that they are unquestioningly following a centralized leadership with a murky agenda, yes.

That they both like to send out missionaries to lie and smile and get more raw meat in the pews (or on the cans), yes.

I wonder how much those kids are paying for those grotty little rooms and self-service laundry during their stay.
  16. AIN Member

And paying money (Mormons tithe)
    And are homophobiac and racist (The IRS threatened to take away the mormons tax exempt status unless it let blacks be priests)
    And is run like a business.
    And was established by a convicted fraud. (Joseph smith engaged in divining rod scam and was arrested for it).
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Well, Mormons demand ten-percent of their members' income. Scientology wants it all.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. AIN Member

So the scilons are just greedier, same idea.
  19. I work near an area that has a high mix of students and I see the mormons all the time. It's mostly crew-cut young blonde boys with a couple of token asians and one lone grey female whose drab uniform makes the white shirt and tie look positively smart by comparison. Gods, her joie de vivre just makes me want to embrace mormonism- not. The asian ones who seem mostly for preying on other asian kids creep me out the most, but I do giggle a bit when I see them approaching black students, since the conversation is generally short. I haven't seen a black mormon yet in the missionary pool here, but I've heard they do exist, I can't for the life of me see what they would get out of it.

Strangely enough, scientology has no presence here. The damn 80-year-old Falun Gong lady is out at least a few days a week, and we get some spectacularly LULzy Christian street preachers, but no scilons. Fail cult is fail.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

Menthol! BLEH! The only way they could get any worse would be to add cloves.
  21. Anonymous Member

Bonaire blog, 13 August

http://worldkid66.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/signature-coconuts/

dsc0008on.jpg

freewindsa.jpg

22. AnonLover Member

freewindsseminar1.jpg

I't be interesting to know who ^^That speaker is.
  23. Anonymous Member

Me too. He doesn't look at all familiar. Looks fairly young, and possibly Scandinavian-esque
  24. Anonymous Member

It's LRH re-incarnated!! He picked up a new body!!

WOO HOO!!!
  25. Anonymous Member

26. DeathHamster Member

Is it possible to create the Freewinds as a location in Foursquare and similar sites?

Then the culties could take over the job of tracking the Freewinds for us! (Assuming that anyone is allowed to keep their smart phone while aboard.)
  27. Anonymous Member

Nice idea, but I have no idea how to do it.
  28. DeathHamster Member

It might be tricky since the location is itself mobile. I guess the first thing to do would be for someone familiar with those sites to check to see if any real cruise ships are already locations.
  29. Anonymous Member

30. Anonymous Member

31. Anonymous Member

32. DeathHamster Member

That's because supermarkets only have the nut without the outer part.
    coconut_tree.jpg

33. Scientology has the Nut included in all of the "tech", eat the shell.......

coconut_tree.jpg [/quote]
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Dragononymous Member

Question;

Would they try to get the Dutch royals involved?
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

37. Anonymous Member

Sorry, what do you mean?
  38. Anonymous Member

I can't remember if this was reported already. Aruba Newspaper confirmed Freewinds was dry-docked in Aruba in 2010.

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=6989

Also, curious about 2 ships from Majestic Cruise Line, which operates Freewinds. I thought Freewinds was the only ship operated by Majestic Cruise Line

39. Anonymous Member

40. DeathHamster Member

Anonymous_Delivers_by_Chiko21.jpg