Customize

Tracking Of The Freewinds

Discussion in 'Projects' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Don Carlo Member

Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

Ex-Scientology Critics & SP's who are on Kristi's Freewinds List

Tory Bezazian, now Tory Christman - - legendary critic
    Larry Brennan - critic, author of affidavit about CoS's corporate setup and false cloak of religion
    Jason Beghe - - actor, now a critic
    Terri Gamboa - - early executive, left CoS
    Maria Pia Gardini - - claimed to be ruthlessly scammed when in CoS
    Tommy Gorman - - critic
    Marc Headley - - produced CoS films, presently a critic
    Creed Pearson - - critic
    Patty Pieniadz, - - ex-Narconon exec, active critic
    Michael Pattinson - - ex-CoS artist, now a critic
    Michael Tilse - - critic
  2. Don Carlo Member

Scientologists known to the critic community (usually they have separate articles on them on the Internet - so they're semi-famous within Scientology), or are relatives of well-known Scientologists, that were exposed to asbestos on the Freewinds:

Barney Barnett - - father of Shelly Barnett Miscavige, deceased
    Tim Bowles - - previous law partner of Kendrick Moxon
    Maureen Brigatti - - Exec at Flag
    Clark Carr - - President of Narconon Int'l
    Jon Coale - - Lawyer and husband to Greta Van Susteren (Greta was not on the list)
    Mary DeMoss - - CoS activist, has wikipedia page. Now Mary DeMoss Panton, might be out of CoS, Note 1.
    Bob Duggan -- Head, Robert Duggan & Assoc., investments, big IAS donor, CCHR board member
    Jerry and Mary Dyas - - Jerry is a long time Scientologist, WISE member...CEO of the controversial Smartcertify/Smartforce Direct and co-founder of David Singer Enterprises
    Feshbach family - (wealthy family of origin for Jessica Rodriguez, handler to Katie Holmes.) Jessica was not on the Freewinds, but Joe and many other Feshbachs were exposed.
    Craig Jenson - big IAS donor, ex-CEO of Diskeeper.
    Larry Leong - big IAS donor, Calif. dentist
    David Minkoff - - Doctor that Lisa McPherson was brought to, too late.
    David Miscavige - - Head of CoS; at Tom Cruise birthday bash on the ship
    Denise Miscavige Covington Liccardi Gentile - - David M's sister, in Digital Lightwave scandal.
    Loretta Miscavige - - Accountant for Greta Van Susteren's law firm, and David M's mother. Died 2005; on Social Security Death Index.
    Shelly Miscavige - - not on Kristi's list; wife of David Miscavige. In front row at Tom Cruise Birthday Bash on Freewinds. Note 2.
    Ray Mithoff - - formerly high-level exec, now in SP Hall
    Carla Moxon - - Unindicted co-conspirator in Snow White case, wife of Kendrick Moxon, CoS lawyer (who himself was not on the Freewinds)
    Don Pearson - -'Management by Statistics' consultant, on wikipedia
    Barbara Ruiz - not on list; in front row with Tom Cruise at his Birthday Bash on Freewinds. then ED Author Services, now on the RPF. Note 2
    Xavier Ruiz - - not on list; in front row with Tom Cruise at his Birthday Bash on Freewinds; Ruiz was an ASI Exec at the time. Note 2.
    Megan Shields, MD - - controversial, Narconon shill
    Bennetta Slaughter - heavily involved in McPherson case.
    David Slaughter (husband of Bennetta) - identified Lisa McPherson's body.
    Laurisse (Lou) Stuckenbrock - not on list; in front row with Tom Cruise at his Birthday Bash on Freewinds. Note 2. Miscavige's girlfriend? Note 3.
    Susan Watson - former president of Celebrity Center
    Joy Westrum - - head of Second Chance rehab, in the news for hiding inmates.
    Bruce Wiseman - - CCHR Pres., author of Psychiatry, the Ultimate Betrayal, father of critic Kendra Wiseman of ExScientologyKids.com
    Michael Wisner - - promoted Clear Body Clear Mind on Montel Williams, son died of drugs after Narconon stay.

Note 1: see http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=30068

Note 2: From fishdaddy post, page 3 on the thread Tom Cruise: A Scientolocrazy birthday! at Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Tom Cruise: A Scientolocrazy birthday!.

Note 3. http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=31348
    There are 20,000 Freewinds victims on Wachter's list at http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/fw/ All names as of May 2008 were copied to Operation Clambake Message Board :: View topic - Celebrities on the Asbestos-contaminated Freewinds

Kristi's site says "Forbidden" today, and I hope it will be up soon.
  3. enturbulina Member

Thank you Don Carlo. I must have been out of commission last year when the tabloids ran the story. That is an awesome resource you have shown me/us.

Now that Sci is such a fun topic for the rags it would be awesome if the story could be pushed again. I will do what I can do.
  4. kamakaze2000 Member

surely greenpeace could spare us a vessel?
  5. fisherman Member

Even if they are tax exempt, until I see audited financial statements, no one could convince me the sci-cult pays for this out of revenue from 'religious services'! I don't know what services the Freewinds is trafficing in, but it's 'highly' profitable!

"Give me that sci-fi religion
    Give me that sci-fi religion
    Give me that sci-fi religion,
    It's good enough for me!"
  6. Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

Old 1996 registration announcement from San Salvador, might possibly be useful to someone.

33467532.jpg

http://www.glin.gov/download.action?fulltextId=27342&documentId=52789

Google translation:

Plain text of the document

7. TehHerro Member

why not tap the boatspotters community? following the law of fanatics (there is always a fanatic about some hobby), I am sure we can find someone to hunt down the freewinds if we let slip its a rare ship to spot
  8. auchraw Member

That's what this thread is about, also the Wiki, also several previous threads going back at least to April 2008 when the blue asbestos hit the fan. The problem is that boatspotting can be switched off if the boat in question doesn't want to be spotted. All they have to do is stop sending signals.

I subscribe to one site whose name I forget which has been telling me for months that Failwinds is in an area they do not cover. I know where she is and this is not true. Either she has cancelled her contact with them or has stopped sending signals or she gets under their radar.

At the same time another site whose name I forget even more shows that she is shuttling around more or less according to her forward bookings between Bonaire, Aruba and Curacao, picking up passengers here, dumping shit there. No surprises here.

The only interesting fact which is still outstanding is the number of trips she actually made during October and November and the number of passengers she actually had on board.

How much more information do you want? You can get her position hour by hour if you want it. The only limit is how many dollars you want to pay for it and I don't want to pay a cent.

It would be more useful to get someone with contacts with the ABC tourist authorities to support Sean Paton and tell them what kind of dirty old boat this is and what a bad image she gives their islands. CoS have just spent at least $24 million on a cosmetic refit (using 'crew') and still come to Bonaire to dump raw sewage and waste water. And no-one has ever confirmed that the 'crew' removed all the blue asbestos or what happened to it then.

So the ABC islands have major pollutions problems and get no answers from this load of hypocritical pirates.
  9. auchraw Member

Patience rewarded. Aruba just updated its October records. Whoopee!!!llii11!

In October Freewinds called 3 times with a total of 217 passengers, ie 72 per cruise. She predicted 5 calls with 150 each trip. From their own recent publicity puff quoted above ITT: 'Today the ship accommodates 340 passengers in 125 cabins and carries 256 crew."

So she's running at 30 per cent of her own recent predictions and about 20 per cent of possible.

Compare 217 with the 37,000 passengers brought by other cruise ships to Aruba in October. Let's send a few harpoons in the direction of the rustbucket. Who wants to tie up next to that?

Some ideas.

So she has beautiful seductive new public areas: where is her sewage treatment plant?

So she is clean from stem to stern: what did she do with the tons of asbestos removed in Curacao? Has anyone ever certified that the asbestos was all removed? Who did the work?

Why is she no longer welcome in Colombia? Answer: the asbestos question was raised in the press there by Lawrence Woodcraft among others and it was seen as a danger to local workers and visitors.
  10. _You_ Member

I started this thread, whilst some websites may no longer have the Freewinds on their system the 2 that I use still have her.

Even if they turn off their AIS (Automatic Identification System) transmitter, they can't get away from actually dealing with port authorities when they call at a port - data that I can still access (to some extent).

Looks like she's going to be at Aruba (Orangestad) until the end of the year anyway - with the occasional planned movements within the port;

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4179/fwm3.jpg

Thread may subsequently die down for a while but then again ...

Knowledge Is Free
    We Are Anonymous
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect posts.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. auchraw Member

To the Anon who started this thread: good going. I like your sources. From her own plans she is likely to be going round the ABC islands probably into January 2010 at least. The only excitement is the post-game analysis from Aruba which shows she is more than half empty.

[Strike]Do you have any way of finding out if she was in Cartagena 03-06 November [/strike], when there was another MARPOL seminar there? The ABC cruise schedules show nothing before 16 November. There was also a Mighty Miami event 5-12 November; was this in Cartagena or Curacao if it happened at all?

Edit: OK, your latest jpg shows she arrived in Cartagena on 1 November and sailed on 13th. This fits. I'll update the timeline.

I take it that the top few entries are predicted from the cruise schedules.
  12. amaX Member

I just want to give a big thank you to all of you who are working on this. Y'all have been steadfast in researching the Failwinds and have given all of us a very thorough accounting of where she's been.

It's frustrating that we haven't been able to get the press to pick up on this story, but when we are finally able to get them to pick up on the blue asbestos story, all of your excellent research results are waiting right here for them.
  13. _You_ Member

Re the above 2 posts - thank you. I have and will continue to remain Anonymous due to not wanting to be an egofag but do appreciate the praise/support.

Would assume the top entries all marked Orangestad will be internal movements within the port. Vessels (especially those of the larger size) need to keep active every once in a while for the good of the ship.

Though it may have something to do with step 2 in this: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9232/fwsamnd.jpg

Knowledge is free and I will keep you aprised.

Remember:

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

We Are Anonymous
    We Are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect Us.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. _You_ Member

15. auchraw Member

Hi again, Anon. If you look at my last update of November and December in the timeline you'll see that it now has more information than your source. Some of this is just duplication in the published schedules with cancellation and confusion but some of the entries suggests she is not spending all her time in Aruba but visiting Bonaire (to dump?) and occasionally Curacao. I don't feel this is very important.

PS They're holding their VM Event in the best possible disaster site.
  16. TehHerro Member

I meant actual boat spotting, like people with binoculars. Also, if it has a GPS on it, it can be tracked, through the legality of that is hazy. Me thinks we should get Greenpeace involved, imagine the lulz of Green peace boats dogging the ship from every port
  17. auchraw Member

Why should we get Greenpeace involved? WE'RE INVOLVED. Imagine the lulz of sending emails to all the port authorities and cruise lines and newspapers in the Caribbean.
  18. TehHerro Member

easy, imagine the shit storm when they try to board the ship, or block it from entering a port or pretty much harass the fuck out of the crew as they chase them up and down atlantic. They come into a port, they got anon flooding the portmaster with emails, they leave port, they are hounded by greenpeace
    • Like Like x 1
  19. auchraw Member

Freewinds ought to be at Bonaire today (24 November) so for the moment and probably up to January we have her pretty well pinned down:

November 2009:
    15-16: Curacao; eta 06.30, 16: dep. 17.30 (capacity now 360).
    16-17: Aruba eta 17.30 (Mon). 17: Aruba dep. 24.00 (Tues).
    19-21: Aruba eta 21.30 (Thurs). 21: Aruba dep. 23.00 (Sat).
    22-24: Bonaire (capacity now 220) 24: Bonaire confirmed by Sea-Web (WWP anonymous post).
    24-26: Curacao.
    26: Aruba eta 21.30 (Thurs). 28: Sat dep. Aruba 23.00.
    29-30: Bonaire (220).
    30-02 December: Curacao, eta 08.00, dep. 17.00.

Freewinds timeline - Why We Protest Wiki

From shipping schedules It is also clear that at the moment and up to January 2010 she is back to her old weekly cruise round the ABC islands. Dumping in Bonaire, taking up passengers in Aruba or Curacao. As if nothing had happened about blue asbestos or dumping oily waste.

It would be interesting to know how many passengers there were on board in fact.

Edited 30 November: she visited Aruba three times in October with a total for three trips of 217 passengers. Fact.

Mysterious repost: is this what happens now when you try to update an old post? I see: no edit button. Well, you can't have too much of a good thing.
  20. auchraw Member

Update on November. Freewinds visited Aruba three times (as scheduled) with a total of 233 passengers which is about 20 per cent of capacity.

This was in addition to a two-week port visit to Cartagena, Colombia, when she had perhaps 40 members of the Mighty Miami Org on board. (The Captain went to Miami to drum up business.)

This is a marginal improvement over October but at such depths of fail it is barely visible.
  21. _You_ Member

22. auchraw Member

TY Anon for another useful leak.

As I read it this means that the failboat was at Aruba 24-25 Nov., Bonaire 25-29 Nov., Aruba 30-05 Dec. and Bonaire 06-07 Dec.

She has cut out three scheduled visits to Curacao which were booked for 15-16 November, 24-26 November and 30 November to 02 December. I wonder why.

The Aruba summary for November confirms she made three visits with a total of 233 passengers or an average of 78 passengers per trip but doesn't give dates. Number of passengers notified beforehand varied from 220 to 360 per trip.

It's not a wild success story, is it?

Edit: this was caught up in Shutdown. I wanted to ask OP what his reading of this schedule is. Why is F/W floating round these different places in Aruba? To save money?

Or does this strange behaviour tie in with the missing PSSC? Still expired 31 October last time I looked.
  23. _You_ Member

24. basil Member

If it's in open sea with no land in sight, going at slow speed in a big circle you'd never know you weren't actually going somewhere, rather than with the engines on full power using up fuel (which of course costs lots of money).

Given that most people are probaly on board "in session" or being regged for cash, rather than relaxing out on the decks and enjoying the facilities on-board (as most cruise-goers would) then my guess is that most people, including crew, wouldn't notice that they aren't actually going anywhere.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. _You_ Member

I strongly suspect their cruising with passengers in November is VERY NAUGHTY!

The vessel's Passenger Ship Safety Certficate expired on the 31st October, and has not yet been renewed!

If any of the ports she visited are in countries which are signatories to the SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) international law (and I bet they all are), then those ports/governments have a legal obligation to enforce the law.

There is a spreadsheet of which countries are signatories here:

As of yet, I haven't managed to find out exactly what SOLAS actually says about what these responsibilities are, BUT this pdf includes a copy of an issued PSSC, and an annex relating to the UK laws about ship detention.

At least one bit seems to be cut-and-paste from a source that is international (eg: reference to the port State - which would always be the UK for a UK law governing UK ports. I haven't read it yet, just skimmed the first few pages.

So, anyone got better luck googling, or have a maritime contact to see if/how we might best exploit the expired certificate?
  26. auchraw Member

From the SeaWeb page I think they were just cruising from one anchorage in Aruba to another and then to Bonaire and back. I suppose being anchored uses even less fuel than moving around. But I find the page difficult to understand.

What is clear is that she has cut out Curacao and for the moment is just going A-B-A-B. To spend $24 million (at least) on an upgrade and get 80 passengers a week is not encouraging.

And still no PSSC.

https://exchange.dnv.com/exchange/main.aspx?extool=vessel&subview=status&vesselid=13706
  27. basil Member

I dunno, I'm finding the thought quite encouraging personally...
  28. auchraw Member

That's what I mean. I only do this for the lulz.

Edit: I emailed DNV since they seem to issue the certificates. And said:

With others I follow the movements of the Scientology cruise chip FREEWINDS, IMO No. 6810811. DNV ID 13706.

We have noted that her PSSC expired 31 October and has not been renewed. Meanwhile she continues to cruise the Caribbean with passengers on board.

The latest monthly summary from Aruba (arubabybycruise.com) confirms 3 visits in November with 233 passengers. We also have information from SeaWeb which confirms this pattern.

We do not understand how this is possible.
  29. auchraw Member

Reply from DNV:

It is correct that this ship's PSSC issued by our Society expired 31 October 2009. We may inform that on the owners' request the ship's class with our Society has been withdrawn. Therefore all certificates issued by us are no longer valid.

So what is going on?
  30. OTBT Member

Uh oh, this sounds very fishy.
  31. _You_ Member

Okay--apparently this thread rocks.
  32. Optimisticate Member

Need to find out what class it is now, what it was before.

How can a passenger cruise ship change its class? By becoming a private vessel, I believe. I think massive changes to the engine and capacity could change it as well. Please to be correcting me if I'm wrong.

All the stops in Columbia can't have been missed by someone in the DEA (at the very least). Not much word about scilons in Columbia has hit the press although other areas in South America has, such as Guatemala most recently.
  33. auchraw Member

I emailed back and said what now, and DNV said 'Contact the owners'. So I explained that the owners were convicted criminals, most recently in France in October 2009 and did not want to be traced and that this was no doubt the reason they were messing with their certificates.

Since a boat is a very identifiable object it is unlikely they have ever done anything illegal. There is no evidence that they have. But they no doubt know we are watching them and being Scientologists they don't like that. But they have a problem. Freewinds is probably the smallest cruise ship in the world but not so easy to hide.

Their ISSC - International Ship's Security Certificate - is more important than the Passenger Ship Safety Certificate and it has been out of sight for months now. Who else issues certificates?

Edit: don't understand about class. Anything is possible, since CoS will say whatever suits them, but AFAIAA there have been no massive changes to engine or capacity. The engine was overhauled but is the same old engine; the hull was rebuilt but ditto; in the magazine article they underlined the fact that all her original old features had been polished up by 'the crew'. Capacity is now said to be 360 passengers and 280 'crew' or something in that order, which is more or less what it was after the initial conversion. How can it be a private vessel when they are inviting all and sundry to cruise with them, for example, a double cabin on A deck (for two, they add) for $6000 for two weeks? I got the impression that most of the $24 million went on superficial glamour to impress the peons they entice on board.
  34. basil Member

Would that make any insurance on the Failboat invalid as well (assuming they had any in the first place)? Because, presumably, they at the very least need Public Liability Insurance, and no doubt something to cover them when they're in port anywhere.

I seem to recall Hubbard mentioned using the legal system to attack people. It could well be that we too can follow Scientology policy and use it against them.

Ironic. I like it.
  35. Olrik Member

Yup.
  36. _You_ Member

We know 233 people were said to be on board. What we don't know is. How many were taking courses and how many were just there to work. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a section of the boat that serves as a floating RPF. We already know one guy was held aboard the ship and escaped.
  37. JohnnyRUClear Member

/r/ shoop of Failwinds trailing blood and shark fins picking up the scent.
  38. XenuLovesU Member

I'm pretty sure when DNV said, "The ship's classification with our society has been withdrawn" they were saying they do not provide ship classification services for the Freewinds any longer. It has nothing to do with them changing "class" of their vessel.

Classification societies like DNV provide engineering, inspections, certifications and similar services. Classification consists of a representation of the level of compliance of a ship, vessel or offshore structure to the rules set up by a classification society.

There are other internationally recognized and accepted classification societies. Lloyd's... Bureau Veritas, American Bureau of Shipping, etc. Sounds like they've moved to another one. My guess would be one that doesn't present the public with a handy web interface to scrutinize everything going on with the ship :-P
  39. _You_ Member

Colombian mafia~ new regs?

Moar liekly that it seems.

Brb/puttinfoilaways
  40. amaX Member

Everyone who works on tracking the Failwinds is awesome.

I enjoy your work very much.