Customize

Tracking Of The Freewinds

Discussion in 'Projects' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Enturbuleak Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Enturbuleak Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Enturbuleak Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Enturbuleak Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Enturbuleak Member

4 September, Freewinds still in Aruba.

Screen grab from live streaming HD video web cam at Aruba port. Web cam has video + sound, you can hear lorries reversing on the dock, etc.

gHd2kyG.png

http://www.portarubawebcam.com/
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Random guy Member

Two weeks in Cartagena. Bunkering or just low on passengers?
  7. Rod Keller Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rod Keller Member

Oh, wait. It's not moving until January? I think I have to try another ship to see if my method works.
  9. wolfbane Member

No, we had/have a dedicated thread for that discussion and it ended up they were broadcasting bad info. It did eventually begin moving on again recently and should be back on its regular loop.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rod Keller Member

Cool, I'm patient. Now I need to track the loop. Part of a larger project, but having a moving Freewinds is a great addition.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Rod Keller Member

If anybody is interested in a mapping project, let me know.
  12. Enturbuleak Member

Correction, the Freewinds AIS "destination" info posted on Vessel Finder web site is wonky and incorrect.

I did some digging last night. Marine Traffic web site is currently posting the correct, updated AIS information of Freewinds.

Vessel Finder web site is still posting incorrect AIS destination data for January, but is accurately tracking the Freewinds in real time.

Both Vessel Finder and Marine Traffic web sites are able to track the Freewinds, but both sites periodically lose site of Freewinds, not always at the same time.

Marine Traffic has much more info, Vessel Finder has better graphics. Both sites are useful.

Aruba port web cam is great for HD streaming video + audio.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Enturbuleak Member

Freewinds was busy for a couple weeks training Colombian armed Forces with Scientology courses.

Here's a video of the graduation for a large contingent of the Colombian armed forces, waxing enthusiastic about LRH Tech.

14. Enturbuleak Member

I'm not, but I know someone who might be interested. PM me.
  15. Anonymous Member

Did it work?
  16. Rod Keller Member

It hasn't moved yet.
  17. Onley happy clams are columbian clams

18. Rod Keller Member

The Freewinds is at Bonaire 12° 8'51.11"N 68°16'39.58"W
  19. Enturbuleak Member

Freewinds ABC+C route. Aruba - Bonaire - Curacao + occasionally Cartagena. That's pretty much Freewinds itinerary so far this year.

Round and round between ABC islands, and then an excursion off to Cartagena, then back round and round again at ABC islands. Repeat...

2DrtmQs.png

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
    • Like Like x 3
  20. wolfbane Member

So did your Google Earth trick work?
  21. Rod Keller Member

No. When you do "Move to my places" it apparently just marks the spot, not the network link. I'm willing to move the thing around, but I was hoping for something a little more dynamic.
  22. Rod Keller Member

This is from the KML file. <coordinates>-68.27766111111112,12.14753055555556,0</coordinates>
    So the application refreshes the KML at certain intervals and the KMZ keeps pulling in the new coordinates.
  23. Rod Keller Member

24. wolfbane Member

25. Anonymous Member

26. Rod Keller Member

27. Kilia Member

Boy, do they have alot to learn!!
    • Like Like x 2
  28. wolfbane Member

Ahh. Well, if you haven't gotten any other offers of help and can hang tight on this project until a little later in the year when crappy winter weather has me stuck in the house more often, I might be able to help with the xml end of things.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Enturbuleak Member

• Like Like x 2
  30. Enturbuleak Member

^ ABC / lather / rinse / repeat

On the way to Curacao right now.

0yy05lI.png
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Enturbuleak Member

• Like Like x 2
  32. kthnxbai Member

I see this morning, Wednesday, with Freewinds on her way from Curacao to Aruba as usual, that her status or whatever has changed from Passenger Ship (a blue arrow) to Unspecified which is the status used for odds and ends including ship-shape drill rigs and Navy ships (a grey arrow).

Does it mean she never has any passengers? seriously I can't see it makes any difference.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

Perhaps they simply forgot to declare passengers?
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Enturbuleak Member

Good question.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. BlackRob Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

BlackRob !!! happy to see you posting again : )
  37. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun, going on a "cruise" while the ship is in dry dock.
  38. Enturbuleak Member

39. Enturbuleak Member