Customize

Tracking Of The Freewinds

Discussion in 'Projects' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. kthnxbai Member

I check the whereabouts of Freewinds every morning on MarineTraffic and still find that she is not coming up automatically on the map. I have to instigate a search for 'Freewinds' and this confirms that she is in Aruba or wherever. Other ships show up automatically but not Freewinds. Today I don't even get her name on the map, only a blue diamond. There's nothing wrong with the AIS tracking so it must be something to do with Freewinds.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. A.O.T.F Member

^^
    Maybe they're using a Klingon Cloaking Device :D
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

This FB Post from last Spring cracks me up;

Freewinds Fail 2013.png
    • Like Like x 2
  4. wolfbane Member

Bump!

With all the big events happening in Clearwater in the past month, Imma wondering what the Freewinds was up to. Has it still been making the ABC circuit?
  5. Anonymous Member

OP here, I'll put in a request from my source on Monday and hopefully have a full update early next week.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. RightOn Member

Looks like the Failwinds has REALLY been living up to it's nickname
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Random guy Member

IF Captain Miscavige is to make a run for it, I think we may be approaching that time now.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

I check out this webcam every day. You could count on one hand the number of days the failwinds has been away from this berth over the last several months.
    http://www.portarubawebcam.com/
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Woo Hah Member

Sorry, my socks and I have been on break for a while. OP will answer you soon.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. kthnxbai Member

I am not aware of any variation at all in her routine over the past many months, not even for New Year. She spends most of the week at Aruba, Sunday she moves to Bonaire then Monday overnight at Curacao, then back to Aruba.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. AnonKat Member

12. Woo Hah Member

• Like Like x 4
  13. wolfbane Member

Thank you OP. Well looky there! The ship does indeed pause for goings-on at Flag.

Using dates from here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/02/da...nnounced-last-night-super-power-in-two-weeks/

I see an extended docking in Oranjestad for the same time period as the Super Power opening Nov 15-17 where the tub sat still for 7days.

I also see another Flag event date coincidink. The usual Oranjestad stop-over of 3days was extended to 5days during the IAS event days of Nov 29-30th.

Likewise with a 5day stop-over for the NYE event on Dec 27th.

Highlighted version to illustrate:
    FreewindsTrackingDuringFlagEvents.png

Imagine that! Are they trafficking in crew from the ship to help temporarily man Flag land base when the whales come to town? We will probably never know, but this is definitely something to watch for in the future.
    • Like Like x 6
  14. DeathHamster Member

David Miscavige has to do everything in Scientology, including steering the Freewinds by remote control. There's only so much even he can do in a day!
    • Like Like x 3
  15. DeathHamster Member

16. Ogsonofgroo Member

Yep, 1~ pick up suckers, milk and feed them, 2~ dump their shit off on Bonaire, 3~ kick them off the ship and send home to make moar monies sooooooooo > back to #1, rinse/repeat.
    ?
  17. Woo Hah Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. DeathHamster Member

We just need a buoy with one of those receivers in the dead zone. :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  19. kthnxbai Member

A change at last. On her way to Cartagena, Colombia, eta 10:00 UTC today 10 February 2014.

I can hardly imagine that she is going to spread TWTH among the security forces who must be as happy as possible by now.

So what is she up to?

The vessel tracker site shows a blue line all the way to Aruba but is probably just joining the dots in the area north of Venezuela. At any rate there is no doubt where she came from.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Woo Hah Member

• Like Like x 2
  21. wolfbane Member

Woo Hah, is this the correct spelling of the port they pulled into: bahia de la apisa

I'd tried google'ing the label from the first map to see if it's a tourist port or a dry dock facility, but I get no hits.
  22. Woo Hah Member

• Like Like x 3
  23. wolfbane Member

Thanks! Useful info is useful.

EDIT: Too weird - that names means "Bay of Souls" - helluva place for operating thetans to be selling their souls for ubermensch skillz.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Woo Hah Member

From memory this is the exact same location Freewinds docks at every time when she visits Cartagena. At least that's my recollection from seeing her docking location on Marine Traffic zoom ins (use the + on the map).
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Woo Hah Member

Freewinds is tracked in blue, I added the red arrow. If you go to the Marine Traffic website, pull up satellite view, you can zoom in even more.

oSkpAuH.jpg

rOAETis.jpg

YdgeB3S.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  26. wolfbane Member

Thanks Woo Hah. I am not a mapfag, and I'm still struggling with identifying something possibly significant in regards to Freewinds-related shenanigans that I have a vested interest in harpooning-wise (to be revealed soonly I hope).

Here's the deal: I have good reason to suspect the Freewinds went to Cartagena to get dry dock work finished that they bailed on in Curacao late last year when they pulled out earlier than scheduled.

In 2009, we have dox on the following thread regarding the Freewinds interior getting a retrofit in the NavTech S.A. shipyards in Cartagena: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/freewinds-refit-in-colombia.47440/#post-987922

NavTech seemingly still exists, somewhere, in Cartagena:
    http://www.navtech-sa.com/location/index.php

But fkme if I can find it!! I was hoping to compare the location of the NavTech shipyards to the position the Freewinds is currently parked in. But I fail at googlemaps. Closest I can get is shipyards in general:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=ship...q=shipyard&filter=0&update=1&z=13

Cartagena1.png

Or dry docks in general, which returns mostly false positives for hotels with docks:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=dry ...HKJj8DLjlhsQ&t=h&hq=dry dock&z=12

Cartagena2.png

So best I can reckon from my lame map skillz is that the Freewinds is sitting at regular ol' passenger/tourist dock in the Bay of Souls. If she goes to the left in the near future, she might be heading into the closest shipyard/dry-dock that I could identify without speaking Spanish. And she is conveniently sitting at the far end of the dock in the ideal spot to head that way.

Can anybody else figure out where the hell the NavTech S.A. shipyards are for a more definite location? TIA!
  27. Sonichu Moderator

According to that website, you're looking for a fairly large area of purely industrial places. Those images that Woo Hah posted don't fit the bil. You can clearly see Houses nearby. 60,000 Square Meters would be pretty noticeable on a map.

I was only going to comment on how sloppily it seems they need to park. It looks like the ship had to move about quite a bit just to reach berth. That's one of the most obvious signs of her age you can get.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. wolfbane Member

Excellent point, I hadn't really taken the description of the "premises" into consideration since the only major ports I've seen up close and personal like are San Diego and Baltimore.

I'm not all that good with dimensions, but I shall fire up GoogleEarth tonight, get latest updates and go have a looky-loo up in thar for something that has 500+ meters of berthing space in the Cartagena area.
  29. wolfbane Member

30. kthnxbai Member

She seems to be parked a bit off-shore but that could be explained by the long jetty shown on the enlarged Google map.

What is the story about the Curacao dry-dock? Please?
  31. wolfbane Member

Patience plox, stealth harpooning is still underway. So I'm not at liberty to say just yet cuz all the facts aren't quite ripe. But when they are, it will be worthy of its own thread.
    • Like Like x 3
  32. kthnxbai Member

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/freewinds-refit-in-colombia.47440/

This seems to cover the situation in 2009 when she spent most of the early months being refitted in Cartagena.

• Like Like x 2
  33. kthnxbai Member

Ah's laying in da popcahn. :p
    • Like Like x 1
  34. wolfbane Member

Thx kthnxbai, I missed the mention of "Pier Resort Manga" when I skimmed thru that old thread.

That does indeed look to be the same area as Woo Hah's tracking data:
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.411919&lon=-75.534965&z=13&m=b&permpoly=10311502

MangaCartagena1.png

So I'm getting closer to what I'm fishing for... When the Freewinds was scheduled to have their interior redone by NavTech SA, they were berthed at some resort on Manga island in the Bay of Souls.

Hmmm.
  35. kthnxbai Member

I wonder if anyone knows how old Captain Mike Napier is? He's been on that ship a mighty long time now. And it is said that he is the only person who can sail her, so he gets away with all sorts of 2D to keep him sweet. No RPF for the Captain.

My bad: Ludvig is the Port Captain and spokesperson.
    Mike Napier sails the boat.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Clusterdux Member

I'm curious. Who said this and how did they elaborate?
  37. kthnxbai Member

CDux: if I knew that I would tell you but my mind is crammed with similar gems of information which are unreferenced but usually about half accurate.

I think the rumour arose that he was out-2D and Instead of sacking him or RPFing him they only said 'Bad Boy!' and arranged a new wife. There may have been an Oriental lady involved.

Something of the sort, don't take this too literally. But, so it is alleged, they had to keep Mike on board and happy because no-one else could sail the old tub.

You can see on long trips sometimes the vessel track wobbles a lot or gets off on the wrong tack altogether. I always imagine this is when Napier, who is certainly competent, has a kip and leaves the bridge to the Tiny Commodore or some junior officer. So some junior officers are not even capable of steering in a straight line, or else the Tiny Commodore likes to have a shot but can't see over the wheel.

The bottom line is that dear Mike is still captain of the MV Freewinds, though he must be past retirement age. (Check with Google for unflattering recent photograph of Freewind's Captain).

Same apology as above: the Captain is Mike NAPIER; Ludvig is the Shore Captain and PR man.

http://otviiiisgrrr8.com/2013/04/26/the-freewinds/
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Rod Keller Member