Customize

Tracking Of The Freewinds

Discussion in 'Projects' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. XenuLovesU Member

Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

It looks like the Freewinds stopped using DNV on Nov 11, 2009:

DNV Ships with Class Suspended and/or Class Withdrawn

2. XenuLovesU Member

Eeep... that appears to be in Papiamento... it's a mishmash of Dutch, English and Spanish.
  3. XenuLovesU Member

It appears to be talking about an "end of year" show held on the Freewinds, where the ship's "house band" played. I'll be fucked if I can make any more sense than that out of this moonspeak though.
  4. _You_ Member

Are these the new Commodore's Messengers?

1storiesnews2009decembe.jpg
  5. _You_ Member

Is that PLEATHER?
  6. incog712 Member

There've been similar Curacao related press pieces posted in english. While stuck in port there, they'd host these little talent shows with a group of locals, probably to draw attention away from how badly they were messing up the island.

But yeah, since they do seem to be steering way clear of Curacao these days, it's funny that another one would pop up today.

Some Papi poonage would be a delight.
  7. WTF Member

Maybe they can resurrect the Apollo Stars.
  8. Zhent Member

New issue of Freewinds was recently leaked if anyone here hasn't seen it yet;

Contains schedules + other useful stuff.
  9. _You_ Member

Did anyone notice that the violinist performing at the year end gala is named Omar KOCK?

</end9yearoldhumor>
  10. _You_ Member

Thank you to those who have been adding to this thread. Excellent work re DNV, will be interesting to see how this develops.

I have very limited data available on such matters (though will dig around), and what is available needs updating:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/227/fwcni.jpg

Otherwise looks like the Failwinds moved over to Kralendijk during the weekend and has since returned to Orangestad:

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/227/fwcni.jpg

End.
  11. Vir Member

We'll most likely know the new class society by Friday evening.
  12. auchraw Member

Look at the summaries in http://www.arubabycruise.com

Insofar as any figure relating to Scientology is true and factual, a total of 233 passengers for three calls means what it says: the Aruba tourist board likes to count up visiting tourists up and 233 is SO few it is unlikely to be invented by CoS, who would be more likely to ban this information. Or maybe they pay per passenger; I don't know. Maybe hundreds stay invisible on board and this is only the few who go ashore. But there are figures from other islands and they all seem to work out about 80 per trip.

No-one except us is interested in 'crew' but we know most of the renovation, using ecologically-friendly paint-stripper, was done by 'crew'. Bless their hearts.

From Wikipedia I learn that class-hopping (changing from one classification society to another) is popular with unscrupulous owners who want to lower their standards, or, presumably, who have failed to pass surveys by reputable class societies.
  13. auchraw Member

"Contains schedules + other useful stuff."

Could some kind person please post the schedules and other useful stuff here? Megaupload doesn't agree with me.
  14. Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

page1n.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. _You_ Member

How do you open that tag? Like this: <end9yearoldhumor>?

</retardedgeekhumor>
  16. _You_ Member

19919702.jpg
  17. auchraw Member

Thanks Moonbat. Some day I will conquer Megaupload, I swear. I miss such a lot!

Close examination of these pages shows no change on what is already posted in the timeline, It is good to get confirmation that the official sources are correct. No longer the ABC islands but only A and B. Can we do anything to encourage this trend?

I wonder also if there is any way to identify the crew, SO or RPF? The faces of menials appear in the background of some photographs. There must be chambermaids, skivvies, stewards, waiters, shop staff. Someone must prepare and serve the food, wash up, do the laundry, polish the buttons, as well as keeping the old boat afloat. And I don't imagine they are paid union wages.

Is there a seaman's union? Probably not active in Panamanian class-hoppers?
  18. _You_ Member

The hair isn't right yet!

7a66a075278bffc3f7daf7183e50a8af.jpg
  19. _You_ Member

20. _You_ Member

My bad, should have skimmed the thread more closely.
  21. _You_ Member

22. JohnnyRUClear Member

{sidles closer to _You_, fumbling in pocket for his breath mints}
  23. Anonymous Member

Happy New Year followers of the Freewinds,

Only just realised my last post a few weeks ago had the same link twice by mistake.

Still no update re DNV or any change seen on that from my sources, in the mean time please find the latest and greatest below;

Failwinds currently at Kralendijk: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3973/nfwm1.jpg

More detailed info from 27-Dec-09 to 03-Jan-10 is here:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2871/nfwm2.jpg

and from the 01-Dec-09 to 27-Dec-09 here:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1241/nfwm3.jpg

Last but not least, for those who love triangles:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6476/nfwm4.jpg

End
  24. fitch2000 Member

So the Freewinds just runs in circles around Bonaire and Aruba? Over and over and over?

lol
  25. Random guy Member

Can't be much money in that.
  26. RightOn Member

I will be in that area next year. Hopefully the Freewinds will be out of commision by then
  27. Anon123456 Member

and leaves a trail of shit and piss in its wake.
  28. JohnnyRUClear Member

With the Asbestoswinds down to just a 2-port "circuit", it won't take much more enturbulation to effectively strand the bitch.
  29. Anonymous Member

Y'all forgety the Colombia connection...........................hmmmmmmmmm *sniffffffff*

:D

I think its being used as a drug ship, we should inform de DEA etc. maybe?
  30. Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5PHlkElchQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Scientology ship "Freewinds" polluting Bonaire (part 2)[/ame]
  31. auchraw Member

Thanks Anon for the update. The Freewinds magazine also confirms that she is just shuttling from Bonaire to Aruba and back; don't know what all the little trips to different anchorages are for - to entertain the passengers?

This morning at 7 am local time I watched the Holland America Line cruise ship Westerdam dock in Curacao at what I think is the Mathey wharf, where in former times and indeed according to schedule this morning Freewinds was wont to dock. Sweet.

It should indeed not be long before she has no friendly ports left, except Cartagena which for some reason she doesn't seem to visit much any more. A professional port which doesn;t like ships with dodgy certificates?? The timeline shows that in the last few years even before asbestos she has stopped visiting Dominca, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, and Antigua and now Curacao seems to be off her list.

Since St Maarten has called the government of Bonaire by some very rude names over the sewage question it might not be long before she just sits docked at Aruba with nowhere to go.

Moral is: don't shit in your own backyard.
  32. auchraw Member

Darn; lost this post and then found two of them.

Just to say I saw Westerdam on the webcam in LiveinCuracao.com. Looked to be a nice morning there.

PS: it's not a circle if it's only got two points.
  33. Anonymous Member

Thank you auchraw for your feedback and input as always. The schedule certainly doesn't scream that ports are loving a 42 year old ship calling in. (Awww, what a shame...)

I've been trying to figure out what the consumptions are for the Freakwinds. Bunkers (fuel for the ship) cost a fortune, I wanted to calculate how much fuel is used when ballasting from A to B, idle time in port and how much it's subsequently costing them.

Failwinds has diesel engines and MDO in the USG is presently over $650 per metric tonne! (It wont be much less for where ever they bunker in the Caribs). I've tried but can't figure it out, in trying to though I did find an interesting site with details for the ship before the Scilons bought her:

M/S BOHÉME (1968)

Has deck plans of the vessel and lots of tacky yellow furniture from the 60s.

Vessel is now at Orangestad, may post usual leaks tomorrow. Otherwise little to report this side.
  34. auchraw Member

You're right. Not a lot of action. Looks like the Poodle pumped $24 million out with the rest of the bilge.

I worked out finally from the SeaWeb page that when in Aruba she parks at Oranjestad, Kralendijk and Caracas Bay and when in Bonaire at Barcadera and San Nicolas Bay.

Anyone any idea why she moves around like this? I said it was to entertain the passengers but that was in jest. The Failboat promises you the Caribbean and all you get is a sewage pumping facility. What kind of places are these? I suppose I should Googlearth them to find out.

I remember reading long time ago a post from an English girl, say early 20s, who had accepted a trip on the Freewinds as a gift from her Scn father. Far from being converted or enjoying her cruise she was bored out of her skull as the were tied up miles from anywhere, no shore facilities at all, nothing to read except Dianetics, and she was watched all the time by goons who sometimes broke into her cabin. I don't know which island this was.

It could be a way of saving fuel while making it more difficult for the crew to blow.

Next bright spot is the Aruba summary for December which gives trufax about number of visits and number of passengers.

Looking forward to the next leaks. More of the same will be fine.
  35. Anonymous Member

This would not surprise me one bit. Of course to find the drugs the DEA would have to take the ship apart and they are bound to find a lot of loose whitish powder.... Might want to give the DEA a heads up the boat also contains blue asbestos.
  36. Anonymous Member

Asbestos? In my crack cocaine?
  37. Optimisticate Member

Does anyone know if it is common for such a large failboat to not be registered with any type of authority? This issue should have raised flags with at least -one- international authority, shouldn't it?
  38. auchraw Member

AFAIAA she must at least have a Passenger Ship safety certificate (PSSC) and an international security certificate (ISSC) before she can sail with passengers or dock anywhere in the civilised world. The PSSC lapsed before she left DNV on 11 November 2009.

In September 2008 she was still docked in Aruba (acc to the Aruba cruise site). This despite a full programme of advertised events 'on board the newly-renovated Freewinds'. I think all the necessary structural work was done after that when she reportedly went back to dry dock in Curacao in late 2008 (had to wait some time to get a space). Even CoS needs to look after that. She had no PSSC until 21 October 2008 when she must have been seaworthy again.

I think IMO controls certification and security but I have not had any response to phone calls or emails; me too small, them too big.

Perhaps her flag state Panama knows but last time I tried them all their systems were down.

I reckon if they are sticking to Aruba and Bonaire one reason may be that no-one there is making things difficult for them.

Edit: Their emails still don't work. So I emailed IMO and said this was the second time and this was the reason why. Not holding my breath.

Does our little leaker have access to class information?
  39. auchraw Member

Question.

I have details of all the courses advertised on the Failboat. (They don't necessarily take place). Should I add them to the Time line? Is anyone interested?

eg 4-11 Feb: Canada Week; Comptetence & Leadership (3-17), OT Power and Leadership. 11-18 Feb: Int. WISE Convention, OT Power & Leadership; OT Tech of Ethics, etc etc.