Customize

Tracking Of The Freewinds

Discussion in 'Projects' started by _You_, Nov 24, 2009.

1. OTBT Member

Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

Thanks for the info, I can see the JPGs now.

Thanks, this will come in handy.

=======================

According to the Barbados port schedule, Freewinds is not scheduled to stop in Barbados from July 2010 to October 2010 (I could only access the advance schedule up through October, then the site crashed.)

http://www.barbadosport.com/

Monthly cruise schedules

http://www.barbadosport.com/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&view=calendar&Itemid=101
  2. subgenius Member

Where are pirates when you need them?
    They are so unreliable.
    Argh.
  3. OTBT Member

Near as I can tell, Freewinds was in Antigua or Barbados around middle of May, judging by related articles on the web site. Exact date is uncertain.

Antigua & Barbuda community organizations: National Office of Disaster Services

4. OTBT Member

Freewinds is scheduled to host a presentation to school kids next year at St. Kitts. Date - 27 April 2011

School Presentation | Facebook

freek.jpg

Operation Future | Facebook

5. OTBT Member

Hard numbers from a non-scientology source. Freewinds had 64 passengers in June 2009 at St. Kitts

St. Kitts Cruises | Nevis Island Tourism Information Blog. - Part 7

Sorry for posting so much, I'm bored, and I want to piss off David Miscavige by posting "hidden" info about the Fabian < snicker > Freewinds.

/ edit

DOH! old news.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/8-ed...ly-64-passengers-aboard-freewinds-june-51097/
  6. Anonymous Member

7. JohnnyRUClear Member

Doubtful.
  8. RightOn Member

Someone needs to poon the Royal officers of St. Kitts and the Nevis Police (I love Nevis!) since Operation Future is all about keeping the community safe, so they say.
    They need to know about the asbestos AND COS recruitment tactics
  9. Anonymous Member

Pictures of kids on Freewinds:
    St Kitts & Nevis Operation Future
    St Kitts & Nevis Operation Future

On Tuesday April 20th, 2010 the Freewinds hosted a fund raiser for Operation Future in their Starlight Lounge. All segments of society were represented including our Prime Minister the Honourable Dr. Denzil Douglas. Operation Future certainly appreciated the support shown by the ship, the crew and the community.

On Tuesday April 27th, 2010 Freewinds, Captain Mike Napier and Shore Captain Ludwig Alpers played host to 60 Grade 5 & 6 students from Dr. William Connor, Tucker Clarke and The Seventh Day Adventist schools so Operation Future could conduct assemply witht he students and talk to them about the dangers of drugs, gangs and violence.

IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT A CRIME OR INFORMATION THAT YOU BELIEVE THE POLICE SHOULD KNOW PLEASE CONTACT US AT tipster@sknoperationfuture.com ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH TIPSTER WILL BE KEPT ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENTIAL

TO CONTACT MEMBERS OF OPERATION FUTURE DIRECTLY

Const. Lauston Percival lauston@sknoperationfuture.com

W.P.O. Lyndita Powell lyndita@sknoperationfuture.com

W.P.O. Myrtle Nicholas myrtle@sknoperationfuture.com

W.S.P. Vaneita Shaw vaneita@sknoperationfuture.com

Magic Man magicman@sknoperationfuture.com

Daniel MacMullin dan@sknoperationfuture.com

Jacinth "Shakki" Smithen shakki@sknoperationfuture.com
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

I know we love calling it the CancerWinds, etc., but there was the attempt maybe a year ago to remove the asbestos from the ship. I don't recall a definitive assessment of the outcome of that process. If it was considered successful -- by sane people, that is -- then pooning about asbestos will only make us look ign'ant.

Was there an assessment? If so, what was the verdict?
  11. thefatman Member

Good point, however, the fact it remained in a ship that was used as often as the CoS claims is fucking disgusting for them to allow it to continue operating with asbestos on board (especially considering the high rates of cancer in the OTs - though they pulled that in). As I recall, they also knew about the asbestosis for a number of years and refused to do anything.

As for an assessment, I don't recall - last I heard it was indefinately docked.
  12. RightOn Member

There was a statement by someone (will have to look it up)
    and they said in order for the Freewinds to be totally rid of asbestos, (since it was sprayed inside the walls and all around the electrcial crap) that it would have to be stripped down to it's steel hull.
    I will see if I can find it.

EDITED:
    Date: Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM Subject: Re: Contact from Wikinews

Dear Cirt

As promised on IM, I stand by everything I wrote in my 2001 affidavit.

I would also comment that if the Church of Scientology claims to have removed the blue asbestos, I just don't see how, it's everywhere. You would first have to remove all the pipes, plumbing, a/c ducts, electrical wiring etc. etc. just a maze of stuff. Also panelling as well, basically strip the ship back to a steel hull. Also blue asbestos is sprayed onto the outer walls and then covered in paint. It's in every nook and cranny.
    Freewinds was build as a car ferry so it's to a higher fire resistant standard than a regular ship.

i suspect that they'll do a "clean up" and then have the air tested until it's "safe"

Also you can't just strip out the asbestos, which fire protects the steel walls and decks, you would have to replace it with new fire resistant insulation

Lawrence Woodcraft
  13. AIN Member

You can clearly tell the ship is riding under capacity, just look how high it is riding in the water
    [IMG]

Check the bow at water level, see that blue stripe? That should be at water level. And as Righton said, the hazmat clean up on the ship would cost so much, it would be cheaper to buy a new ship.
    Given it's travel route, I am suprised it hasn't been interdicted for possible drug running.
  14. Anonymous Member

I wish it was lower.Like just the smoke stacks sticking out of water line.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AIN Member

just a thought, ever wonder if they are carrying something other then people?
  16. Random guy Member

If so they are carrying something light.
  17. AIN Member

well and I loathe to do a tin foil but would not shock me at all if they had safety deposit boxes in banks there and we all know how lax the rules are for banking in the carribbean like the caymen islands.
  18. AnonLover Member

Question - did we ever get the 411 on who the tub's new class society is?

From Freewinds timeline - Why We Protest Wiki
    if not - i'm speculating on the prospects of whether or not the harbor master (or somesuch person) at the common stops coulda shoulda woulda maybe a juicy harpoon target. Surely somebody in those ports got's the ability to ask a ship for license & registration... any maybe offer us some insider insights on whether or not there's room for instigating a possible b& from port scenario somehow.
  19. AIN Member

given the locations of where they port at, odds are they will not do much. Unlike the US and Europe, the carribean lacks the oversight, so, it would not surprise me if money changed hands in the form of "don't ask don't tell." in regards to a vareity of things, like the dumping of waste.
  20. Anonymous Member

Spoke to an expert in these big ships a few days ago, and showed him a pic of the FailWinds.

He said to strip out all the asbestos and replace it with non-toxic flame retardants would cost a minimum of $10 million, and they would expect to lose half of the interior furniture, carpets, etc. so the total cost to bring the ship back to regular use would be in the region of $20 million - minimum.

Hardly worth making sure the previous owner had an "accident" in order to force the sale of it really. It's not like they'll ever be able to sell it.

If there ever were some type of mass "an hero" Jonestown Kool Aid scenario - that's where it'll happen folks.

And it'll happen over the deepest part of the ocean they can navigate to, in order to make the forensic work and investigation next to impossible. I can envisage a big fire or worse, sinking the vessel with the loss of all souls.

And of course to leave us with the possibility of Miscavige escaping, presumed dead by the rest of the world, a very likely thing.

You'll probably find him in Colombia ten years later, having the local produce blown up his chocolate starfish by some poor local kids while Moxon looks on.

I don't think that's libel. I wouldn't put it past him, he really is that evil.
  21. AIN Member

ever thought of involving green peace about this? Lulz would happen to be sure.
  22. JohnnyRUClear Member

David Miscavige:
    WORSE THAN
    YOU THINK
  23. Anonymous Member

I did speak to Greenpeace.

They came here, and they saw all this talk of "manning harpoons" and got all butthurt and cried about the whales and shit.

It was pitiful faggotry, the like of which I haven't seen since Chris Crocker hid under his bedsheets and decided to valiantly and defend the noble honour of that fat redneck chick with the bald vagoo.
  24. vaLLarrr Member

It occurred to me that the dwarf freak probably reads this BB, being a sadistic and masochistic little Napoleon complex nutjob that we all know he is, and now I have trolls remorse in case I just gave him a good idea about how to escape... I'll bet he's ordering some thermite from the LL Bean catalog right now... :(
  25. OTBT Member

Freewinds was in St. Kitts around April 18th.

Cruise Critic Message Boards - View Single Post - Serenade - Easter Week ... A Cruise Journal

26. OTBT Member

27. Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

That ship is a goddamn time bomb.
    When that ship blows up, (Which I expect the scilons to do) It's going to be a massive fucking press disaster. People in the area, get a gas mask. Seriously, my mom (I know) works at a boiler plant as a lawyer, those guys come out of work and start coughing the second the door closes.

Cancer off the port bow!
  28. Anonymous Member

<tinfoil>
    I suspect the point is that the harbourmasters at the ports she still visits are open to a bit of, erm, financial assistance.
    </tinfoil>

It'd be great to find out if she ever regained a Passenger Ship Safety Certificate.
  29. OTBT Member

Can't seem to find much current info about Freewinds going to Cartagena, Columbia. Since Freewinds is scheduled to go there again in a couple weeks, here is what Google turns up from her trips in 2009 (sorry, nothing online yet for Freewinds 2010 visits).

http://albatros.puertocartagena.com/opadmco.nsf/890f6547f01054810525700d0059e91d/7777491fe8463a91052573c5004cd507/$FILE/Programacion%202009-2010.pdf

crop.jpg

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&amp;...DA&amp;usg=AFQjCNGbbCFeCq14KqhQpGJF7duH0F4q6A

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&amp;...DA&amp;usg=AFQjCNGSadbCexCnaZ1XY-UafGdufQ4dtQ

30. Re: Tracking Of The Freewinds

MARPOL is maritime INTERPOL, right?
  31. Anonymous Member

/facepalm

International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, 1973, as modified by the Protocol of 1978 relating thereto (MARPOL)

Revision of MARPOL Annex VI and the NOx Technical Code

32. Ron B DED Member

33. Anonymous Member

aviaryarubaportscompict.png
  34. Anonymous Member

If I were the anti-drug troops in Colombia, I'd be watching that cancer-bucket very, very closely; especially in light of some of the huge multi tonne submarine busts. Curious and tinfoily, but nothing fucking surprises me anymore...
  35. Ron B DED Member

Latest e-mail from Freewinds confirms they will be in Cartagena Columbia during August.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...-assorted-e-mails-leaked-68532/3/#post1292019

36. OTBT Member

Freewinds was scheduled to go round and round between Aruba and Bonaire for the rest of the year.
    Now suddenly, Freewinds is scheduled to go to Cartagena, Columbia during August.

It's 400 miles between Aruba and Cartagena, and the trip between Aruba and
    Cartagena is considered among the 5 worst sailing trips in the world (see
    below). Freewinds will be making this trip in August during the Wet Season.

Cruising Logs for the Coast of Colombia: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao | Sailonline.com

Hard to find maps that have both Aruba and Cartagena on them (because no
    cruise ship is stupid enough to sail that route), but here are a few maps for reference:

mapcolombiavenezuela.jpg

islandvacationsmap.jpg

caribean.jpg
  37. Anonymous Member

U don't need no stinkin' tanning beds in Columbia.

But you do need a stinkin' load o'cash. Just sayin'.
  38. Giggles Member

I wonder how a military conflict in the region would affect the freewinds?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/world/americas/24venez.html

snip:

39. Anonymous Member

40. OTBT Member

Freewinds was scheduled to arrive in Cartegena, Columbia on 23 July 2010 at 1 AM. This info was reported on 22 July.

FREEWINDS - 6810811 - Vessel's Details and Current Position

freecomp.jpg

Google Translate from Swedish: