Customize

Transcript: Larry Brennan Interview

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by An0n1nNZ, May 11, 2008.

1. An0n1nNZ Member

This thread is for transcribing the Glosslip interview with ex-Scientologist Larry Brennan.

Larry Brennan spoke on the Affidavit recently released, the structure of Scientology, the IRS and tax exemption, Gregg in Boston, and much more!
    The audio for this interview is available here.

To get started, look at the roster below for an available time slot and reply to this message with which time slot you would like to transcribe. When you are finished, you can edit that post or post a new message with the text ... it's easy as that!

There is a roster below, with start time (working in 10 minute blocks, please transcribe until the end of the sentence in your block so we get some overlap ;) Precede each section with initials of who is speaking it (e.g. 'DO' for Dawn Olsen)

Start Time | Transcriber
    0:00 - Eff
    10:00 - Eff
    20:00 - Eff
    30:00 - An0n1nNZ
    40:00 - CherrieZ
    50:00 - CherrieZ
    1:00:00 - Bulle / anon.txt
    1:10:00 - CherrieZ
    1:20:00 - its.an0nym0us
    End
    (i.e. I will transcribe from 30 minutes into the interview, to the end of the sentence around 40 minutes) Hope this make sense, if not please ask :)

See this thread for tips on Transcription (including Tools to use and Guidelines)
  2. CherrieZ Member

Re: Transcript: Larry Brennan Interview

I'm back and ready to ROCK the transcripts :)

I shall complete 40:00-50:00 to start with. I love Larry's interviews, they're SOOOOO deliciously scandalous :guyfawkes:
  3. Eff Member

I'll take the first two segments, 0:00 - 20:00.
  4. Eff Member

Transcript of Glosslip Larry Brennan interview, 0:00 - 10:00

5. Eff Member

Transcript of Glosslip Larry Brennan interview, 10:00 - 20:00

6. CherrieZ Member

Transcript from Larry Brennan on Glosslip Radio [40:00-50:00]
    I'll keep going up to 60:00.
  7. Eff Member

Taking 20:00 - 30:00 also.
  8. Eff Member

Transcript of Glosslip Larry Brennan interview, 20:00 - 30:00

9. CherrieZ Member

Transcript of Glosslip Larry Brennan interview, 50:00 - 1:00:00
    *I checked the spelling of "Christofferson" to be sure it is correct and it is*
  10. An0n1nNZ Member

Transcript of Larry Brennan Interview, 30:00-40:00
  11. Bulle Member

I can take 1:00:00.

Edit: Done about 3 minutes now. Wow, it's hard to hear what they are saying, and even harded to pick out the parts you shouldn't add. (Uh, yeah, so I, you know, well it's like, so, uh, they like, umm)
  12. Kaminonymous Member

generally, it's okay to put most of that in, and let our psychologist overlords... er... editor sort it out. after all, you definitely don't want to cut out something important.
  13. its.an0nym0us Member

I tend to leave the 'well' in front of an explanation, and 'yeah' in front of anything where it is used in place of 'yes' to agree with someone.
  14. CherrieZ Member

I don't add HALF the 'you knows' that are spoken, lol.

This gets a LOT easier the more you do!! I just started a few weeks ago and it took a few tries to catch the hang of it :)
  15. CherrieZ Member

I shall grab 1:10:00 to 1:20:00 :eek:hyeah:
  16. CherrieZ Member

Transcript of Larry Brennan Interview, 1:10:00-1:20:00
  17. its.an0nym0us Member

EDIT: I did a 1:20-30. There's another ten minutes in the archive, but I'm not going to do them. (I'm getting a little burnt out on the Glosslip stuff, as you can see by my note and also the lack of polish and sentence clean up I normally do.)

18. An0n1nNZ Member

Thanks its.an0nymous, you've been a great support with all this transcription work, and I understand your feelings of 'burnout'. We are now up-to-date with all the interviews (that I am aware of...) so we can all take a *very well deserved break!*

I am trying to stimulate discussion for creating more uses of these trancripts, because they do contain so much important information. Discuss here!
  19. Bulle Member

Ok, wow. I'm doing this WAY too slowly.

Is what I've done. Could someone take over the rest of it?
    Really sorry, but I was showered in school-work and a bunch of personal crap that I need to take care of.
  20. anon.txt Member

^^ I'll take over your section, Bulle.
  21. anon.txt Member

Here's 01:03:17 to 01:10:00

22. An0n1nNZ Member

No worries, thank you so much for getting involved and what you have transcribed! We all understand that 'real-life' commitments need to come first and hope that you are on top of things again soon :flowers: Thanks again for your help!

And thank you anon.txt, it's always great to have a new face helping out with transcription, hope you found it, even strangely, a little enjoyable :wink:

Great work everyone, many thanks to our our regular troopers Eff, CherrieZ and its.an0nymous, and our new faces Bulle and anon.txt! Many hands make Anon work...

I will get this all together in a 'tidy' transcript ASAP, tho it could be another day or two ... :alien:
  23. its.an0nym0us Member

lol anon.txt :fuckyou: i love it
    i'm too aliasfageriffic to make a different account for transcriptions
    or am i?:guyfawkes: