Customize

Travolta extortion case updates

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Anonymous, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Travolta extortion case updates

The Associated Press: Arguments start in Travolta extortion trial
    UPDATES:

JOHN TRAVOLTA COLLAPSES! - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer
    The Freeport News - Travolta attempted extortion trial halted
    Explosive evidence from Travolta extortion trial - CNN.com
    Video may show Travolta extortion in action- msnbc.com
    The Tribune
    Travolta Trial Continues Today With Wilchcombe Testimony / Bahamas News Center

Scoop: Travolta trial shines spotlight on Scientology - The Scoop- msnbc.com
    Report: Travolta Preps to Testify - The Early Show - CBS News
    Perez Hilton: John Travolta Acknowledges Son's Autism
    Travolta Admits Late Son Had Autism - The Early Show - CBS News
    John Travolta 'blackmailed for £18m by paramedic over his refusal of help for dying son' | Mail Online
    msnbc.com Video Player
    John Travolta tells court of autistic son's death - Times Online
    The Freeport News - Wilchcombe to testify today in attempted extortion case
    John Travolta tells court of autistic son's death - Times Online
    Scoop: Travolta trial shines spotlight on Scientology - The Scoop- msnbc.com
    BREAKING NEWS: John Travolta Testifies About Son's Death, Says Jett Was Autistic | RadarOnline.com
    John Travolta 'blackmailed for £18m by paramedic over his refusal of help for dying son' | Mail Online
    John Travolta testifies about moments before son died at extortion trial | The Australian
    The Associated Press: Arguments start in Travolta extortion trial
    John Travolta in Bahamas for extortion trial - CNN.com
    Travolta recounts son's death at Bahamas trial - Yahoo! News
    Extortion Case - FOXNews.com
    John Travolta Arrives to Testify | TMZ.com
    John Travolta extortion trial begins in Bahamas - Telegraph
    John Travolta in £18m blackmail threat by paramedic over his dying son Jett - mirror.co.uk

September 28: Key Evidence Destroyed in Travolta Case? - Crime & Courts, John Travolta : People.com
    Jett Travolta was found with a 'faint pulse'
    Travolta Cop -- I Never Heard Demand for $$$ | TMZ.com
    Alleged Travolta Extortionists Haggled on Video | TMZ.com
    Lawmaker eyed in John Travolta extortion plot may have destroyed key evidence
    The 'plot' against Travolta
    The Nassau Guardian Online Guide
    Travolta Extortion Trial -- Let's Go to the Video | TMZ.com
    John Travolta | TMZ.com
    John Travolta employee testifies at Bahamas trial - Yahoo! News
    John Travolta Back on the Stand | TMZ.com
    John Travolta Cross-Examined in Extortion Case - Crime & Courts, John Travolta : People.com
    Travolta case continues, amid new paramedic rumours - WENN Blog – Celebrity Photos, News, and Gossip
    John Travolta's Lawyer Testifies on Details of Alleged Extortion - John Travolta : People.com
    John Travolta's lawyer: Paramedic in extortion plot thought actor 'intentionally killed' his son
    John Travolta ?Suicidal? | Showbiz Spy - celebrity news, rumors & gossip
    Travolta victim of extort plot: lawyer
    Bahamas Blog
    The Nassau Guardian Online Guide
    Travolta attorney says he warned Bahamas defendant - The ReporterEntertainment: Serving North Penn, Indian Valley and neighboring communities
    Travolta att'y details 'extort'
    http://www.tribune242.com/news/10022009_nmtrial_news_pg1
    The Associated Press: Travolta attorney in Bahamas trial denies setup
    http://www.tribune242.com/news/10032009_nmtravoltacontinued_news_pg1
    Travolta Extortion Suspect -- 'I Feel So Badly' | TMZ.com
    Bahamas jurors see secret tape at Travolta trial - Yahoo! News
    Travolta Extortion Tapes -- We're Like Rug Dealers | TMZ.com
    http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/1005_travolta.pdf
    http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...olta Sasha L. Lightbourne&hl=es&gl=mx&strip=0
    Video recorded by Travolta's attorney played at trial - CNN.com
    The Tribune
    Man accused of blackmailing John Travolta for $25m claims he wanted money to become 'Bahamian Robin Hood' | Mail Online
    Travolta lawyer shouts 'Few Good Men' line during extortion trial
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Travolta extortion case updates

Was eating out, and saw that O'Reiley had a segment on JT it looked like it showed a pic of Pleasant Bridgewater and then followed up with a segment on Anna Nichole Smith. There was not sound I don't know what they said but but it should air again later tonight. (I don't get Fox here at home)
  3. mojo Member

John Travolta in Bahamas for extortion trial

(People.com) -- John Travolta has traveled to the Bahamas and is prepared to be the first witness Tuesday in an extortion case linked to his 16-year-old son's death, a source told PEOPLE.

The actor is staying at an exclusive gated community west of Nassau, the source said.

This is believed to be Travolta's first visit to the Bahamas since Jett Travolta died last January after suffering a seizure at the actor's vacation home on the island of Grand Bahama.

Paramedic Tarino Lightbourn and his attorney, former Bahamian Senator Pleasant Bridgewater, are accused of conspiring to extort $25 million from Travolta for a document relating to Jett's treatment.

The pair have pleaded not guilty and are out on bond.

Report: Travolta Preps to Testify

<snip> The first trial witness, police inspector Andrew Wells, testified that after 16-year-old Jett was loaded into an ambulance, Lightbourne told him that Travolta wanted his son taken directly to the local airport instead of the hospital. Wells said that Travolta signed a release form.

It was unclear why Jett Travolta was not taken to the airport, and why the defendants allegedly believed the actor would pay to keep it secret.

Experts say this is an odd case, since the extortion is not based on a photo or a smoking gun, Cobiella reported. The document in question was a routine waiver clearing paramedics of liability if the Travoltas did not allow Jett to be transported to the hospital. However, not only was he taken in the ambulance, Travolta and his wife, actress Kelly Preston, rode with him, so the waiver was never valid in this case.

Lightbourne said, referring to Travolta in the ambulance, "He was crying. His eyes were red. ...I remember him looking up at the ceiling and saying God, please help me."

Travolta is one of 14 potential witnesses for the prosecution.

Trial evidence, Cobiella reported, may include recorded conversations Travolta had with the two defendants.

Mike Fleeman, west coast editor of People.com, told CBS News, "There were negotiations that were tape-recorded, they have a record of what went on, so they have tried to create this sort of paper and tape-recording trail to nail these people."

Travolta's testimony at trial would be the first time Travolta has talked publicly about the tragedy. He has cancelled interviews for his films and is rarely spotted out and about.
  4. Anonymous Member

Hey Ann or anyone that gives a shit.. Someone should package up the flightaware data and get that over to some major news or tabloid tv show to explain the backstory and why there is a possible extortion case.

Travoltas jets were flying all over (probably shuttling DM around) and JT was desperately trying to loan a jet at the local airport to fly Jett back since his were too far out.

Also the idea that him signing autism & seizure disorder might be blackmailable in a cult that doesn't believe in autism.

Also where was JT flying all over the fucking place for while he left Jett with a manny (totally not picture being weirdly close to JT)
  5. Anonymous Member

This.
  6. mojo Member

7. Anonymous Member

8. Anonymous Member

You are confusing the documents. The purported police statement from Travolta says that Jett was autistic with a seizure disorder, but the transport waiver at issue in this case is a different document, and I don't think that document says anything about autism.
  9. Anonymous Member

Extortion Case - FOXNews.com

Fox news video

Title:
    Extortion Case

Published: Mon, 21 Sep 2009

Description: John Travolta may testify at Bahamas trial
  10. Anonymous Member

/Warning

pure speculation follows:

I wonder what JT SAID to the extortionists that made them invest so much value in the signed release - I wouldn't be surprised if they thought the release could help establish something 'valuable' he SAID, that a more rational analysis might have disregarded.

Potentially fits well with the fight data - possible circumstantial support - wonder if it'll come up in the trial... We certainly should try and get it to the media.

[blah blah moral-faggotry, exploit the poor boys death for the greater good etc etc]
  11. Re: Travolta extortion case updates

This is IT boys, ready your poons!
  12. Ann O'Nymous Member

I see little evidence for a direct blackmail: signing a form and not using it, that is it.

If, as suggested, there could ba a large scheme tending to demonstrate that the Travoltas took too much risks, there are plenty of evidence, IMHO.

Time will tell.

BTW: NYPA. IOW: Lurk moar.
  13. Re: Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

My favourite story is the one where a paramedic mentioned (in a statement? Or an interview? Not sure...) that John was 'overcome with grief' and kept calling out for Jett to 'come back'...

...Which, to someone who knows Scientology, sounds like "Calling the Thetan back into the body", standard LRH Resurrection Tech
  14. Anonymous Member

Re: Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

Anyone want to wildly speculate about the not-guilty pleas considering they were reportedly caught on tape trying to blackmail the travoltas?
  15. mojo Member

Re: Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

perhaps they're betting that if these tapes come into evidence, there's stuff on the tape that either the prosecution or travolta does not want out. at this point though, it seems to be out of the travolta's hands....the only other thing, i can imagine is some sort of entrapment defense?
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

Re: Travolta's arrive at Court in Bahamas

Binford 9000's going.
  18. mojo Member

19. mojo Member

updated version acknowledges that Jett was autistic...

if this was the case, and you had the money, WHY wouldn't you travel with a doctor?

Travolta recounts son's death at Bahamas trial

......In his testimony, he said he and Preston were awakened by a nanny around 10:15 a.m. on Jan. 2, the day of Jett's death. Travolta said when he went downstairs, another caretaker was doing chest compressions and he began administering breathing help.

Travolta said Jett, 16, was autistic and suffered seizures every five to 10 days. He said the seizures would last 45 seconds to a minute and Jett typically slept for 12 hours after each one.

"He was autistic. He suffered from a seizure disorder," Travolta told the jury when asked about his son's condition.
  20. Anonymous Member

WTF happened to Kawasaki Syndrome induced by carpet fumes, John?
  21. Anonymous Member

You are a shitty unloving parent then, cause autism is a disease of the mind and some simple Dianetics would have cured him. What a horrible scientologist you are not to realize this.
  22. Mutante Member

LEAVE THEM ALONE!

IT'S TOO SOON!
  23. xenubarb Member

Because the wedding photographer was a better kisser?
  24. Erra Member

inb4 TheBitch

srsly though, WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE KAWASAKIS

Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX_14_2009_Motorcycle.jpg
  25. Anonymous Member

I'm not particularly moralfaggy, and I enjoy a healthy amount of schadenfreude, but I suddenly feel really, *REALLY* bad for Travolta. Like, empathy 'n shit.

Someone make it go away.

I think he's a very tortured person now. And, of course, I think actively working to destroy Scientology utterly might help him live with himself... I couldn't hazard a guess to whether there's any chance of that at all. With Travolta, I think all bets are off now.
  26. Anonymous Member

What's truly nasty is when your son is infected with Isuzu disease and falls apart!

wreckSOLENT1504_468x341.jpg
  27. xenubarb Member

I wonder if his brother has empathy for the guy who refused to acknowledge his son's disorder, who chose a fucking wedding photographer for a nanny, who lied about his kid's condition.

I have NO empathy for him because of this. This stupid fuck is still trying to recruit celebrities he works with, reportedly lately Miley Cyrus, even though he has firsthand knowledge that Scientology will fuck you up. So he can haz cheezburgers while weeping in his golf cart in the middle of the night for all I care.

He did this to his kid, him and that idiot bitchtard Kelly "CCHR" Preston. Yeah, you friggin cow, I can't wait to see you out there marching and chanting "STOP DRUGGING OUR KIDS."

Maybe if they had done something other than leave the kid in a back room to stuff his face with junk food, maybe if they HAD DRUGGED THEIR KID, he'd still be alive.

But you simply cannot have two OT homo novis spawning a defective. It's bad for PR. So, blame it on "environmental toxins," which mesh much better with the ignorant, hyperbolic crap spewed by CCHR.

FUCK YOU TRAVOLTA! I hope you feel this every day for the rest of your miserable life.
  28. amaX Member

I'm a moralfaggy mom. What about Jett? They let that boy suffer horribly because of Scientology. That boy had grand mal seizures all the time. There are medications for that. The Travolta's have said they tried one medication. It didn't work and they didn't try anything else.

Jett was autistic. There are many things that can be done to help autistic children. Travolta's own brother Joey is a special education teacher and has devoted much of his life to helping autistic kids. John could have turned to him at any time, but he chose Scientology instead. He chose the info in his ethics folders instead of his son.

Knowing how he's had to kowtow to the cult all these years, I'd say part of the reason he's so "tortured" is that he screwed up while talking to the authorities and admitted his son was autistic and suffered from a seizure disorder. He can't get out of that now and he's having to testify in court about that. That's something the cult is going to have to keep from their members and it must be very tough to keep that info from them because it will be so widely distributed in the media.

Sounds callous? There are teenagers and kids being abused and neglected right now under the watchful eye of this cult that has found every legal loophole available to keep any agency from walking in and saving them. I'll reserve my complete compassion for them and hope that nothing happens to Travolta's other child because of the stupidity and utter lack of care by this cult.
  29. Anonymous Member

Lets hope Ella doesn't contract Nagasaki Syndrome cause this could happen to her if she goes ballistic!

32546829_90751afcc8.jpg
  30. Re: Travolta's arrive at Court in Bahamas

I agree with Xenubarb & AnonMomAanon2 that with Travolta now admitting the truth in court about Jett's condition it is truly impossible to have any sympathy for them because they purposely gambled with their son's own life in order to save face with their twisted cult!!!

If they could afford to carry around these useless scientologist nannies with them everywhere they could've afforded a real doctor to keep an eye (and treat) on their son if they truly cared for his long term health instead of just keeping him occupied till his body gave out!

Seems so absurd that when his son was dying in the ambulance that Travolta was praying for god to help when he spent most of his life reading Hubbard's drivel that god was nothing more than an implant!!!!
  31. none given Member

I believe you will get your wish.
  32. Re: Travolta's arrive at Court in Bahamas

Who gives a fuck?

Autism is real and scientology does fuck all to change that fact. That is the only bit of valueable info that has come out of this story. The rest is a personal tradegy that only avid readers of gossip magazines can find interesting.

Back to business. There are still people who are denied medical attention within scientology, and if another one kicks the bucket from deluded use of vitamin C, then we are partially to blame because we know better and should have worked harder to help out.

/pissy mood, crappy gossip anons made it worse.
  33. Anonymous Member

That's just inexcusable! At what point was he going to decide that "the tech" wasn't working?
  34. Mutante Member

It's what any loving parent would do.
  35. amaX Member

Due to the fact that he gave a statement that his son had the seizure disorder and was autistic and the fact that he cried out for God to help him while in the ambulance with his dead son, I'd say the point he chose to decide the tech wasn't going to work was Jett's last moments on this earth.
  36. Suzette Member

To be far we don't know what drugs the Travoltas tried--there was a report from a friend of the family that they had tried Depakote and that it didn't work. It would increase my respect for him if he'd say something about it, though. Since he hasn't come out and said "We tried every anti-seizure drug the doctors could give us, in defiance of Scientology dogma," I'm thinking my respect for them isn't going to be very high anytime soon.
  37. Anonymous Member

Boy all the judgemental bitch old ladies ITT should please to be posting the cure for autism. Since clearly JT ignored medicine and doctors and the known cure for autism.

Sure he spent tons on doctors and medicine and a manny and treatments.. But you win with your dried up leather flaps you carry between your legs.
  38. auchraw Member

Another crappy gossip anon here.

I am waiting to find out what the paramedic saw in the bathroom at 10 am on 2 January 2009 that he thought was worth $25,000,000.
  39. Mutante Member

They only did what any loving parents would do!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.