Customize

Travolta extortion case updates

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Anonymous, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Member

Re: Travolta extortion case updates

Fairly boilerplate US coverage here, except for this interesting choice of wording:
    (emphasis mine)

Travolta Extortion Trial Heads to Jury - E! Online
  2. JohnnyRUClear Member

I read a few of those, and then gave up. There are some rather interesting tidbits though. The testimony of Lightbourne in particular had a lot of revealing substance. How accurate it is, who knows?
  3. Anonymous Member

And s/he has to wear this mask at raids:

maskcy.jpg
  4. Anonymous Member

Attorney for accused John Travolta extortionists: they can't be proven guilty

5. Ann O'Nymous Member

I overlooked at least part of the local situation and others might have too.
  6. Anonymous Member

Thanks Ann. These are informative. I didn't realize the political situation in this case.

Also

That is an interesting angle to take. Defense attorney has a point.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

Really? Why? The comment seems totally arbitrary to me.
  8. Anonymous Member

Imaginary convo 1.

Imaginary convo 2:

9. RightOn Member

Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting
  10. Anonymous Member

I am not so sure about "Extortionists don't negotiate" statement as being a valid argument but in the case of the Travoltas I can't see real hardened extortionists believing that the Travoltas couldn't afford the 25mil.

I do believe Lightbourne was only asking for hush money that was probably mentioned by the Travoltas attorney but I figure the defendants will get the book thrown at them to preserve tourism & the trust of the American people that the Bahamas wont stand for locals trying to take advantage of tourists!

My only hope is that enough seeds of doubt about Jett's condition at the arrival of the ambulance will at least through the media cause more to look into the truth and at least cast doubt if not expose the Travoltas for any shenanigans of their own!
  11. mojo Member

jambo, Ann. extortion is just a pretty name for blackmail. the quid pro quo was you give me money or i give the document to the press....why didn't the lawyer tape the conversation and say, fine....go to the press. if it's as easily explained away as the travolta team maintains...lightbourne makes his play, gets little for the doc and gets outed as a blackmailer.

and then they could nail his blackmailing ass....but i do think our lawyer friend mr. mcdermott had to do a little enticement/entrapment. illegal in the us, but in the bahamas?? i dunno.
  12. WTF Member

Quit making fun of your president.
  13. Anonymous Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.