Customize

Travolta extortion case updates

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Anonymous, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

2. PagAnon Member

3. Suzette Member

Re: Travolta's arrive at Court in Bahamas

There are only three hospitals in the Bahamas, one in Freeport and the others in Nassau. The Travoltas mansion is about a 40 minute drive from Freeport. They also have a water ambulance which can take you to the bigger hospitals in Nassau.

Mostly these hospitals do minor emergency stuff; for really serious medical problems you fly to Miami. Travolta owns a jet, and apparently he figured out that it would take him less than 40 minutes to fly to Miami. The ambulance drivers are supposed to do what their training told them was the right thing to do: drive Jett to Freeport. So they asked Travolta to sign a waiver if he didn't allow them to take Jett to Freeport.

Somewhere along the line Travolta decided Jett was dead, and flying a jet under these circumstances was a lousy idea. So they drove the corpse to Freeport, letting the paramedics do what they could on the way.

Supposedly the blackmail plot is the paramedic threatening to show everybody the waiver, which really doesn't amount to much anyhow. It definitely doesn't add up to millions of dollars, or whatever they were supposedly trying to get from the Travoltas.

So feel free to speculate on what the paramedics really saw...everyone else is.
  4. Donovan Cook Member

This whole thing reminds me of Lisa M. in some ways.

The hotel manager calls for the paramedics. They arrive only to be told that JT wants to take his son the the airport, not the hospital. JT signs a refusal to transport form.
    JT finds out that his plane can't accommodate the stretcher, so after signing the refusal form, changes his mind and has Jett taken to the hospital.

What a huge fricking waste of time for a kid who is DYING!!!!

Then again, maybe he was already dead and that's why JT wanted to fly him into the states so bad. And time didn't really matter at that point. :rolleyes:
  5. Anonymous Member

WRONG! And it's important data that folks here should all be aware of.

Jett died Jan 2nd

JT makes 'autistic' police report Feb 25th.

There is no evidence whatsoever (yet) that JT in any way thought or accepted his son was autistic on the day he died. (Don't get me wrong - that can only have been through major denial of the obvious, and his brother - but he was surrounded by people assisting in any self-deceit that may have been occuring)
  6. Anonymous Member

A huge amount of modern medicine is experiential. A vast number of medications are prescribed on the SOLID basis of nothing more than a correlation between medicine vs placebo and alleviation of symptoms.

The well established link between autism and seizures is SOLID medical science - the lack of a known causal mechanism is irrelevant.

You were harping on about this before your holiday as well. For someone who strives to be at the rational end of the spectrum, the persistent repeating of this particular piece of nonsense confuses me.
  7. FUCK Member

Re: Travolta extortion case updates

Hmm...
  8. Anonymous Member

9. anonhuff Member

10. Anonymous Member

John Travolta 'blackmailed for £18m by paramedic over his refusal of help for dying son' | Mail Online

11. Anonymous Member

Scoop: Travolta trial shines spotlight on Scientology - The Scoop- msnbc.com

12. Yoni Alter Member

Your kid dies because of your crappy fake science beliefs, you're not going to get off easy. I feel a little sorry for John now, but this is all MADE OF WIN.
  13. Puppet Member

he's not suffering enough.
  14. Anonymous Member

John Travolta 'blackmailed for £18m by paramedic over his refusal of help for dying son' | Mail Online

mmm... yeah, baby... revelations about the CoS... that's right...

I call that foreplay.
  15. whoever Member

Not that this really has anything to do with the Scientology aspect, but I just have to point out how ridiculous this quote from Scoop is:

In the end, Jett was transported to the hospital, so the document seems moot — which is why some wonder why Travolta and Preston are going through the process of litigating.

"Celebrities are constantly being extorted, but you rarely see things get to the point where they go to court over it,” said one source. “There’s talk they’re in court because the church (of Scientology) advises they do that.”

The Travoltas aren't litigating. They're testifying in a criminal trial. Blackmail is against the law.
  16. Shinythings Member

^^^ this
  17. terdfergason Member

18. Herro Member

It's not nonsense. If you knew the basics of statistical analysis you would know that you can't claim a link between two things based solely on correlation. You may be able to develop treatments- but you can't say that the the kid's autism caused the seziure that caused his death. You just don't know that. You're welcome.
  19. Anonymous Member

Re: ohn Travolta confirms in court that his son Jett was autistic

That's a pretty straightforward admission. It's most definitely out-ethics to say such a thing since "autism" was only fabricated by the psychs to control the masses, start WWII, and bomb the twin towers.

I'm beginning to wonder if the earlier tinfoil about JT leaving Co$ just might be true.
  20. ultrapoet Member

He can get away with that kind of 'out-ethics' because he's too prominent to be given the usual treatment. If they did to him what they'd do to the average Scientologist for that kind of statement, he'd blow in a heartbeat, but I expect he'll get the kid gloves because they desperately need him to stay in.
  21. Anonymous Member

For Travolta they'll gloss it over with the scilon masses (lol) that he had to tell an acceptable truth to the wog world.
  22. Anonymous Member

Apparently you don't know the basics of statistical analysis either. Neither do you know about autism. Go learn something. Until then, go back downstairs.
  23. Anonymous Member

Now, THAT, is, perhaps, the dumbest thing you've said yet - you really do want to make a fool of yourself over this, don't you?

Try here for some basics Correlation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia before you start lecturing about stuff you don't understand.

(NB: hint - you should have said 'causative link'. There is virtually zero probability that there is not a link between autism and seizures, strongly suggesting a common underlying cause for the seizures that many autistics suffer from, and the autism itself)
  24. Herro Member

Ok, I'm going to ragequit again now.
  25. Anonymous Member

lol, the voice of reason
  26. Ann O'Nymous Member

Don't talk. Do it.

BTW I am pleased to read that most people here did their homework. One detail: JT intended to use the resort's plane, as his own one was busy touring around the US for some reason...
  27. Anonymous Member

Do you have the flight info for JT's plane?
  28. Donovan Cook Member

29. Ann O'Nymous Member

I was refering to the period during which the Travoltas were in the Bahamas. If choosing a rather remote place without hospital in the vicinity, when in charge of a child suffering seizures on a regular basis, I would keep my plane at hand.
  30. Donovan Cook Member

Umm, the period they were in the Bahamas is in that flight log posted above. ;)
  31. mojo Member

this morning's Times has this and lays it on the line (wonder if the rest of the Murdoch press will fall in line)

John Travolta tells court of autistic son's death

......His reference to autism was all the more remarkable because of Travolta's belief in Scientology, a religion considered by many to be a cult. One of the religion's tenets is that mental illness is psychosomatic and can only be realistically treated through spiritual healing. Scientology does not recognise autism as a real affliction and shuns psychiatry as a "pseudo-science", putting Travolta's admission yesterday at odds with a church in which he is a leading figure.

.......When an ambulance arrived around 35 minutes later, by which time Jett's carers had resorted to using a defibrillator to try to jump-start his heart, the teenager was placed on a gurney and loaded on board. "I spoke with the ambulance driver and asked him if he would take us to the airport," Travolta said, admitting that he then signed a liability waiver handed to him by Lightbourne but did not pore over the detail because "time was of the essence."

Whatever was discussed, Travolta ultimately agreed that Jett should go to the local hospital. It is believed that Lightbourne, using Bridgewater as an intermediary, threatened to make the document public after Travolta's commitment to the Church of Scientology became the subject of public debate in the days after Jett's death, with many questioning whether treatment of the boy's long-standing medical condition had been inhibited by his parents' beliefs.
  32. Anonymous Member

33. Anonymous Member

Learn to read ;)

Those logs are oldest to firstest...go to to the bottom and read up
  34. Re: Travolta's arrive at Court in Bahamas

Ummmm... Back-up a bit...

[IMG]
  35. Re: Travolta extortion case updates

The comments are filled with bawwwwww, "LEAVE POOR JOHN ALOOOOONE!"-tech, and FAIL.

Poons are needed badly!
  36. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thank you. The fact remains that the plane was not available when needed. As I wrote there for January 1st:
  37. Donovan Cook Member

^^^Not that I don't think there were MAJOR shenanigans happening, but what does the 1st of Jan. have to do with Jett's death on the 2nd? Am I missing something?

I'm being sincere, btw. :)
  38. Ann O'Nymous Member

Lurk moar.
  39. Anonymous Member

I'm confused - by my interpretation, Jett was discovered around 3:00PM GMT on the 2nd.

At 2:50PM GMT (!!!) The plane DEPARTED West End Grand Bahama airport, having arrived there in the morning around 1h30 BEFORE Jett was reportedly found.

Have I got this right? Do we have more accurate times for when the ambulance was called etc? JT apparently testified that he was awoken at 10:15 (=3:15pm) - so why did the plane head off for Jacksonville before JT was woken, stay in flight, and them come back an hour after landing?
  40. Anonymous Member

The Freeport News - Wilchcombe to testify today in attempted extortion case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.