Customize

Travolta extortion case updates

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Anonymous, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sponge Member

Re: Travolta extortion case updates

JOHN TRAVOLTA COLLAPSES! - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer
    (some countries may need to use a proxy to view the original web article (e.g. via Hide My Ass! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously )

2. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  3. auchraw Member

Travolta's an actor. Perhaps he didn't want to answer some awkward questions?

And I got a 404 error so thanks Sponge for copying this gossip. For what NE is worth.
  4. Sponge Member

5. auchraw Member

We're a really kind-hearted sympathetic understanding bunch of people.
  6. Anonymous Member

7. Anonymous Member

And then he did basically okay over the next two days.

Hmmm, not possible they made it up, respectable press like the enquirer!

Failmedia is fail.
  8. RightOn Member

not listed anywhwere else... so looks like Enquirer fibs once again?
  9. fitch2000 Member

don't know if it's the media or his PR but someone is playing the sympathy card for all it's worth

I mean come on? collapses? what he cried? like a normal parent who lost a child would? really? wow.....

He's still a lying sack of shit imo.
  10. Anonxmous Member

National Enquirer would prob publish that in the hope of a no-show... So they could then claim a scoop afterwards. PR don't put effort to play the Enquirer (just sue them afterwards to make a buck sometimes) and I'm not really sure they count as 'media' in the way you meant it. The rest of the news coverage has been pretty reasonable I'd say.
  11. auchraw Member

True fax or not, where is my UPDATE? The sorrowing father is not the only witness. The others are a lot more interesting IMO as they might possibly be telling the truth.
  12. Anonymous Member

More here:

Video may show Travolta extortion in action- msnbc.com
  13. mojo Member

yeah, we are, we're thinking of the victim in all this, and it sure ain't john-boy.
  14. Anonymous Member

Marty Rathbun?
  15. JohnnyRUClear Member

Wait, which site did you think you were posting that on?
  16. Anonymous Member

LMAO
  17. xenubarb Member

18. Anonymous Member

The Tribune
  19. Anonxmous Member

The Freeport News - Travolta attempted extortion trial halted
  20. mojo Member

this has me wondering who initiated this thing?? did JT or his attorney try to manouver the return of this document and offer payment or some sort of inducement OR did Lightbourn come up with this all by himself??

Explosive evidence from Travolta extortion trial

Is it the smoking gun?

The trial of two defendants accused of trying to exort $25 million from John Travolta in return for handing over a document relating to the death of the star's 16-year-old son, Jett, continues in the Bahamas today.

Meanwhile, PEOPLE has watched videotape of conversations recorded by the Royal Bahamas Police between Travolta's attorney and the two defendants -- paramedic Tarino Lightbourn and his lawyer, Pleasant Bridgewater, a former Bahamian senator -- that appear to be an attempt to secure a multi-million dollar payment from Travolta for the return of a form the star signed when considering whether to have his son be taken to an airport rather than to the nearest hospital.
  21. Re: Travolta extortion case updates

believe.jpg
  22. POS Member

Good question. Also they didn't have to agree to anything and could've walked away if they weren't worried about the doc.

In the end, JT not only had this info come out, but also confessed that Jett was Autistic, w/seizures , didn't have Kawasaki's disease after all and had at times taken anti seizure medications.

All in all, this ordeal spooked JT so bad, he dumped the info and then some, like one who feels very guilty does.

Do you think there where other stipulations to this agreement, like not talking about what JT said etc ?

If John was fully remorseful, he would dump scientology as well, but it seems scientologist have a bad habit of half measures.
    I'm really not surprised anymore. They are absolutely predictable in their conduct.
  23. Anonymous Member

Technically speaking, they agreed to the agreement with lawyers present and all.
    They should pay up. It's the scientology way.

24. RightOn Member

This is getting very juicy indeed.
    Lightbourne probbaly didn't know he was dealing with Scientology lawyers and just what it would actually mean to deal with them
    I think it is important to establish who contacted whom FIRST about a payoff?
    Was it COS who contacted Lightbourne first or the other way around?
    Or has this already been established and proven and I suck
  25. Anonxmous Member

One version

26. POS Member

Looks like Wilchcombe might have cut a deal. Wasn't he at one time also one of the named extortionist ?

We need to find out if Wilchcombe got offered a deal for his testimony.

27. Anonymous Member

???? I don't remember that being alleged?
  28. POS Member

29. POS Member

See pick above ^ and lurk moar.
  30. Anonymous Member

LRN2Read - not just look at the pictures. Wilchcombe was not arrested or accused of r extortion.
  31. Anonymous Member

32. POS Member

Did Obie ‘SNITCH’ Wilchcombe cut a deal ?
    Juicy indeed. He's apparently entangled in a lot of polictics as well and I'm sure this has helped him immensely in getting this deal. This whole thing stinks to high Xenu.
    I don't think he cut a deal, this one fell in his lap, how could he say no. Too many people are tied to this guy and if he went down, a lot of people and tourism would've went with him.
    The alternative at the time must've seem worse, but his own people are calling him Obie ‘SNITCH’ Wilchcombe Lulz
  33. Anonymous Member

Alternatively, there was no deal, and it happened basically just like he said, and he was let go cos he didn't do anything wrong. This seems more probable to me.
  34. POS Member

I got a bridge for sale in florida.
    PM me for the details. I accept paypal.
  35. RightOn Member

Too many unanswered questions on Travolta's half IMO.
    Although most of these questions will not be brought up in court.

Like the flight records, and why Travolta invited his lawyer McDermott and his entire family to a 60 person New Years Eve party. Who invites their lawyer to a party usually? Yeah I know.... some peole are close to their lawyers I guess.

And a close family source said that Jett's autism needed 24 hour care because he couldn't verbally express himself. So then why did he go into the bathroom by himself at night and nobody found him till 10 am the next morning.

I remember reading somewhere that Travolta said goodnight to Jett the night before at about sunset. So nobody checked on him after that?

And I think the autopsy report was sketchy. And what can the Travoltas possibly say about why the autopsy was so rushed? It will make no sense to the general public. Most parents would want in an depth report. Well most parents who are not Scientologists.

It was also said in reports that McDermott was already on the Bahamas with his family days before Jett's death. Where are the records of that? If records show he wasn't there days in advance, then he lied.
    Which may not be important to the case that much, but it would show that he lied. And why would he lie about that?

And are they going to ask the Travoltas why they wanted to fly his son all the way to Florida? Rather than go to the nearest hospital?
    Why would he have a plane that is not equipped to transport someone, if he knew his son was having seizures? I mean was it in his brain that if anything major happened to his son, that he would fly him to Florida? And if that's the case, then why have a plane that is not equipped to do so?

I mean in an emergency situation.... why fly that far away anways?

After Jett fell.... was it NOT an emergency situation at that point? Again these are the questions that I wonder about. Tin foily or not, I think there are too many questions surrounding this case.

Travolta listened to Scientology for the care of his son. His son went on the Purification Rundown, It obvioulsy didn't work. Travolta admits his son has autism. These two things are going to weigh heavy on fellow Scientologists I would suspect?
    And is it Scientology pushing Travolta to go through with this case? Because if COS was the FIRST to contact those two about a "settlement" over the document in question.... then is it still considered extortion?

AND if these two people go to jail.. then Travolta will have this on his mind too? That he put two people in jail because COS wanted a cover up of that document??? Yikes.
  36. Anonymous Member

If I were JT and some prick was trying to profit from my son's death, I would want to get evidence of the crime and see him brought to justice.

Just saying.
  37. Anonymous Member

I don't get this suggestion that keeps coming up - It's all over the news that there are videotapes of the two extortionists negoting how much they want - the stories that have come out so far are all fairly consistent - where is this stuff about COS coming from.

If anything, I'd say it was more likely the COS preferred the Travoltas never laid the police complaint, just ignored it, let the document come out anyhow and provide a comfy little cover story.

Basically, WAY TOO MUCH TINFOIL ITT!
  38. RightOn Member

Exactly! Why were his laywers wheeling and dealing at all? I mean it went form 25 mil down to 15 mil. Why would the lawyers say they wanted the document after they paid the guy? Why wasn't the FBI contacted immedialtely after that phone call?

Exactly what date was the FBI contacted about this?
    I'll tell you when.. when the deal went sour, and they decided to cry extortion IMO
  39. Anonymous Member

JT was never going to deal personally with anyone. People like him have layers of aides around them. The extortionists were only ever going to get to him via his lawyers. The lawyers kept talking so the conversations could be recorded and the crooks caught. The lawyers just gathered the evidence. Nothing sinister there.
  40. Anonymous Member

Righton, you need to tone down the tinfoil, woman.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.