Customize

Travolta Extortion Retrial canned

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Ann O'Nymous, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Ann O'Nymous Member

Travolta Extortion Retrial canned

The Freeport News - Shurland teaming with Smith for high profile Travolta retrial
  2. RightOn Member

re: Travolta Extortion Retrial canned

"highlight some of the issues that were, in effect, surpressed during the last trial; and make this an opportunity for the de-fence."

popcorn
  3. Sponge Member

Shurland To Defend Lightbourne
    By Sasha L. Lightbourne, The Bahama Journal, 23rd August 2010
    When the high profile extortion retrial involving A-list Hollywood actor, John Travolta, begins in September, one of the accused, Tarino Lightbourne, will have a "new and improved legal team", sources confirmed
    Shurland To Defend Lightbourne
  4. RightOn Member

"highlight some of the issues that were, in effect, surpressed during the last trial; and make this an opportunity for the de-fence."

that sentence coupled with

"new and improved legal team"

I guess I need moar popcorn then
  5. Sponge Member

6. Anonymous Member

Hey guys is jett travolta still dead?
  7. Triumph Member

Sounds like Scifag Lawers.
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Triumph Member

Freeport News
    Lightbourne says he thought his life would be back to normal

By LEDEDRA MARCHE Senior FN Reporter
    lededra@nasguard.com
    read more here
    The Freeport News - Lightbourne says he thought his life would be back to normal
  10. inventor Member

11. RightOn Member

12. Anonymous Member

13. AnonyMary Member

14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

Maybe this time, Jett will go 'full-retard'.

retardoo0.jpg
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Triumph Member

Daily Mail Online
    Gee Mr Wizard..
    John Travolta extortion case charges are dismissed after the actor decides not to re-testify | Mail Online
  18. Sponge Member

19. xenubarb Member

Good news! Attacking innocent people to distract attention away from the issue is not unusual in Scientology tactics.

I'm sure there are a LOT of details that would've come out in this trial...details Mr. Travolta would probably prefer kept hidden.

Kawasaki Syndrome and wedding photographers, bah! Can't these people do anything normally?
  20. Triumph Member

Enquirer broke the Nanny did NED "Drug Rundown" program
    and the Kiss Seen around the world *GAK*
    I guess Mr Travolta kept his attorney's supposed promise to Lightbourne..About dropping the case?.
    TRAVOLTA NANNY IN DRUG PROGRAM - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

AP
    AFP: Bahamas judge halts extortion retrial in Travolta case

Freeport News
    Shurland, Smith form legal alliance
    http://freeport.nassauguardian.net/national_local/10859592388579.php

NY Daily News
    John Travolta drops extortion plot case against Tarino Lightbourne, Pleasant Bridgwater

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/09/06/2010-09-06_john_travolta_drops_extortion_plot_case_against_tarino_lightbourne_pleasant_brid.html
  21. Anonymous Member

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm guessing this guy in the Bahamas will be happy to be free and clear and I doubt he would want to draw any more attention to himself over this. But who knows.
  22. Sponge Member

Kinda lol'd at that because, if the issued statements are to be believed, that's more or less exactly how the Travolta camp feels about it.
  23. Anonymous Member

At this point, it doesn't seem entirely clear whether the gag "agreement" that Lightbourne apparently signed off on was in fact linked to the judges decision not to retry the case, a decision that was evidently based around Travolta's engram problems or whatever.

IANA Bahamian L but it would seem that if this were a civil case, Travolta's lawyers could insist on all sorts of binding agreements to make things go away, but this having been a criminal case, one in which Lightbourne hasn't had the opportunity to prove his own case, that agrreement may not be worth the paper it's printed on.
  24. RightOn Member

I hope all involved in this case sing like canaries some day regardless of what they signed with COS. Wonder how legally binding that contract is.
    After all this guy can prolly end up as a millionaire with a tell all book about the whole ordeal. LOL!!!
    How about a movie? Absolutely!!! LOL!

The news said a few weeks ago that the defendents lawyered up in a bigger way and more evidence was to come foward for their defense and then COS drops the charges.
    NOT specualtion here..... fact.

Travolta can say that his family was too stressed out or whatever until the cows come home.(not saying this isn't true of course, I am sure he was prolly stressed out)

But I wonder if the defense had not come back with better lawyers and more evidence would COS have stayed their course and continue with this case?

I mean extortion is a VERY serious crime. And now all the charges are dropped. Hmmm

hey Mods, can we change the title to Travolta Extortion Charges Dropped?
  25. Anonymous Member

Perhaps I missed something but I don't remember seeing anything to suggest that the Church of Scientology was making decisions in this case or signing agreements with any of the parties involved.
  26. Triumph Member

Nassau Guardian
    CHARGES DROPPED IN TRAVOLTA CASE
    By KRYSTEL ROLLE Guardian Staff Reporter
    The Nassau Guardian

Nassau Guardian
    By JASMIN BONIMY Guardian Staff Reporter
    People on Bridgewater's political future
    http://www.thenassauguardian.com/People-on-Pleasant

Nassau Guardian
    TRAVOLTA: My family has suffered enough
    By KRYSTEL ROLLE Guardian Staff Reporter
    http://www.thenassauguardian.com/travolta-statement
  27. Anonymous Member

It looks like Travolta decided to let his son die (discard the defective body, so he could then pick up a new body), but was concerned that the ambulance driver would reveal his secret, so he tried to intimidate the ambulance driver into silence.

Has Travolta succeeded in shutting up the ambulance driver?
  28. Anonymous Member

From the Freeport Press....

"According to Lightbourne, he met with Travolta's attorney, Michael Perkins, last month and had agreed that he would not take part in any interviews, movie or book deals or speak to any media and had signed a document to that effect."

Lightbourne's agreement was based on the premise that the charges against him would be dropped. I imagine that since this is a criminal case it's really not up to Travolta or scientology to drop the charges as that decision would fall to the courts alone.

My guess is that Travoltas scilon lawyers played him. My hope is that he's already shopping for a book deal.
  29. Triumph Member

along with Michael Perkins Travolta also used Scientology spin lawyers Michael McDermott and Michael Ossi on this case. he had a team of Legal advice. as wells as Paul Bloch, Travolta’s spokesman

Paul Bloch works for Cruise-Presley-Travolta,Elfman and Alley and almost any other Scifag who can afford him.
    Why Oh Why?: Let The Scientology Spin Begin

Scientology library: “Michael Ossi”
    Scientology library: “Michael Ossi”

Nassau Guardian
    Loads of Articles here. in PDF form loaded with interesting juicy court case details ..

http://archive.nassauguardian.net/archive_results.php

Ron Zupancic - Scientology Service Completions
    http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/r/ron-zupancic.html

http://archive.nassauguardian.net/pubfiles/nas/archive/images_pages/09292009_A03.pdf

Jett Travolta (Time-line, Case, witnesses Scibots)
    http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Jett_Travolta

40 Scientologists running around to thinking to themselves what would Ron Do?
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

Remark: please do not replay the case. Please limit comments to what is new since last year. A good starting point: Jett Travolta - Why We Protest Wiki

Question: Why did John travolta changed his mind at the last minute ?
  31. RightOn Member

32. Anonymous Member

33. RightOn Member

34. Anonymous Member

35. RightOn Member

36. Kilia Member

You guys can argue this "extortion" stuff all you want. I'm more concerned with his gay-outing that is going around now!
  37. Anonymous Member

Re: Travolta Extortion Retrial canned

38. Triumph Member

Mail Online
    I saw what REALLY happened the night John Travolta's teenage son Jett died
    Read more: I saw what REALLY happened the night John Travolta's teenage son Jett died | Mail Online
  39. incog712 Member

40. eddieVroom Member

Is there any evidence that Jett had alcohol in him? Some parents will let the older kids have a little during the Holidays, y'know, see how they handle it...