Customize

Travolta to appear on Oprah from Australia

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Marty Rugburn, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Marty Rugburn Member

2. Anonymous Member

3. RightOn Member

Re: Ironic

Oprah= ick
  4. xenubarb Member

John Travolta = ick.

Scientology = Double ick.

Please dog don't let that dumbass bitch segue into politics!
  5. Anonymous Member

Re: Travolta to appear on Oprah from Australia

Oprah needs to keep her fat fucking ass away!

Travolta already tried his kiss-ass shit - wearing an Oz scarf for the World Cup!?! Sheesh! $cilons really do live in a bubble! No-one fell for that crap the first time.

Australians are even less gullible than a room full of Sun reporters!
  6. SOJOA Member

Oprah has been industry made from the start. Big surprise about this one.
  7. Anonymous Member

Interesting that in 2010 Oprah is rapidly approaching her sell-by date just as most of the $cilon Fodder Fame-Hungry Fucktard Poor-Excuses for Actors are! Seems to me that more people in the USA are waking up to the fucking infiltraion and total ABUSE by the Mafia II ........ahem... I mean the Co$ in their beloved country!

Or maybe not......... watch this space!
  8. Anonymous Member

Just gonna say it. It doesn't sound reasonable to call someone who's amassed not only great wealth, but also massive world wide influence as "dumb". Nor does it seem right for someone who has not only individually amassed a long history of effective, humanitarian works world wide as superficial or degrade her as a "bitch", and someone who has inspired countless others to do the same in any denigrating terms.

Does she have faults? weaknesses? blind spots? Yes, and yet she's the first to admit it. Her childhood abuses and tragedies multiplied by prejudicial injustices brought her square in front of the platform, one she fought for long and hard.

I personally see her with a vulnerability, like a wound that won't heal, that leaves her open to the likes of travola la la and other voodoo. Her handlers seems wise enough to understand that and so have kept her from considering a politicial vortex knowing it would destroy her completely.

While I do understand the citicism of her voodoo leanings, I feel that's just a shadow of the momenumental billions she has inspired for actual charity and humanitarian funds and volunteer work around the world. There are few in our lieftime who we can look to who have done the same.
  9. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Wonder if John Travolta or Oprah will find the group of over 9,000 penises that are raping children?

10. xenubarb Member

Yeah, you can be rich, influential and dumb. Oprah never will address any Scientology issue, because then she couldn't get JT and TC to visit her [strike]ratings[/strike]program on the teebee.

She endorsed John Arthur ("Death") Ray, the ex-Scientologist whose sweat lodge wound up killing people.

She gives quacks like Ray and Travolta a platform to shill their products. And, because they're on Oprah, it must be okay, cuz surely these people are vetted before appearing on her show, right?

Clearly not.

I don't really care about her charity work. <golf clap for 400 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets>

What I do care about is the amount of influence this woman has over millions of people who TRUST her. I care about her negligence in researching to find if they are malignant groups, scams, or dangerous.

She has been made well aware of the dark side of Scientology. If she really cared about "her people," she'd warn them before Travolta takes the stage.

One of her 'book of the month' books was by a woman who was raised within Scientology. She changed the name of the group to avoid you-know-who, but it was a pretty horrible story and Oprah appropriately clucked in all the right places about how awful it all was.

Yet, guess whose name was never mentioned? Not once was Scientology mentioned! If I knew the stuff she should know by now (and I do) I would not ignore it or allow someone to argue in favor of it without countering with hard questions.

I'm not butthurt because Oprah lacks the nads to hoist the banner. But I think she has some responsibility to her viewers, as well as her advertisers.
  11. Anonymous Member

LOL! Hey folks stick with us and watch the almighty Oprah defeat and manipulate the H2O!

"I personally see her with a vulnerability, like a wound that won't heal, that leaves her open to the likes of Travolta"

Oh please! Dude, are you serious?

She didn't amass that OBSCENE AMOUNT OF MULA from of being a vulneranble little lamb!

Wake the fuck up!
  12. Anonymous Member

^^^^^^^Oprahologist
  13. Anonymous Member

oops

^^^^^^^Oprahologist
  14. Anonymous Member

Come on down Oprah, and bring that idiot Travolta with you!

Would be funny if the Chasers did somethin'

I smell bad PR for someone, and I doubt it will be bad for critics
  15. Smurf Member

Have the barf bag ready..

16. fisherman Member

You don't like to hear Oprah described as stupid?..

How does offensive, pandering, deceitful, sycophant shrew -- sit with you?
  17. Triumph Member

the Oprahites will be pissed when JT and the Scibots bump them from the flight to fill the plane with Vulture Ministers...

they won't be missing much, the in-flight film will be Battlefield Earth..and the reading material will be Dianetics and the Way to Happiness.. not to mention the in-flight meals of Rice and Beans MMMmmm.

its a chance to pretend Scientology promotes Charity and good will to the Aussies...
  18. Anonymous Member

Oprah is a dumb bitch.
  19. Anonymous Member

OMG, it's the Secret Oprah troll from Pharyngula!

Wow, what up, myama? You know you were the best entertainment at Pharyngula for, well, a long while.
  20. ryangiggs Member

Just heard about this on the radio.

Cringe moment when it was said she was going to bring her audience.
    That's exactly what she would have to do though.
    You won't find Oz women squeeling like little kids towards her.

barf!
  21. Rockyj Member

Hmmm...I wonder if Linda from Alberta is Scilon.

http://www.country95.fm/blog/blog_detail.asp?ID=699

Her name is Linda Kinnell

http://mamalizzie.blogspot.com/

Maybe not, more sleuthing...
  22. Anonymous Member

LMFAO! ~Hey JT are you going to wear the Oz footy scarf again? Woopie Fucking Dooooooo! The Fat Cult-Fucked Puppet and his Fag Hag are coming to Oz on a Cult PR Exercise. Lock up your pets folks!

Hilarious, predictable and totally SAD!

Hell, they stand more chance of getting a room full of Radio Pauls into a Leisa Goodman exhibition than diverting any negative publicty away from the Cancerous Cult!

Shouldn't JT be spending time with his newborn in view of the total failure of leaving Jett in the hands of cult members last time?
  23. Anonymous Member

I had no idea Oprah was into voodoo. Do you know what style (I'm guessing New Orleans)?
  24. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

You are forgetting that, according to L. Ron [STRIKE]Retard[/STRIKE] Hubbard, kids are just adult thetans in young bodies.

Also, even though JT, TC, and Krustie believe FAIL == WIN, JT has to KSW and show its glorious faggotry in the final days of Oprah. This includes the fact not all Scilons jump on her couches. (I wonder if that is a new OT level? OT:Couch Jumper?)
  25. Anonymous Member

Totally presumptious dear chap!

I forget nothing - least of all the words of Hubbtard which are seared into my brain.

Oh wait..... I do forget something.......now what was it?................something about JT and someone's asshole in a sauna in LA............goddamit! .........oh whatever... Im sure it'll come back to me when I get a ticket to that audeince with Oprah & JT in Oz. WTF! Oh yeah!
  26. exOT8Michael Member

JT on fail season premier?

Maybe Oprah's revenge for the 9000 penises troll?

Porky is "favorite guest". Well, she can keep him.
  27. Rockyj Member

All the education in the world does not bring about compassion or expertise in dealing with people! Oprah first aired show in 2004 “Kidnapped and Held Captive Living a Nightmare” A true story about an hidden underground bunker where several women who were kidnapped by this poor excuse of a human being & held these women to live through months of unspeakable sexual torture.
    The show was about a man named John T. Jamelske a millionaire who lived in Syracuse.

John Jamelske - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oprah's following segment was about a teenager who narrowly escaped abduction & how her parents may have saved her life!

Oprah asked one of Jamelske's victims (of these heinous crimes),
    "What lesson did you learn?" She also pointed out that if she would have told the police she could have prevented this from happening to another woman.

This women was finally released after over a year of being sexually and mentally tortured by an INSANE rapist!

The rapist also threatened to kill her family if she told anyone!

Below is a COPY of a comment I made on her web site & I HAVE not watched her show since then! BTW a lot of women in the violence against women field made similar comments!

TOTAL REVICTIMIZATION SHAME ON OPRAH!
    Posted on: 12/03/2005

I don't know how in the HELL Oprah can blame those two women for what happened to them by asking what LESSON did they learn?

Doesn't Oprah realize how much shame and self-blame these women must live with on a daily basis. That's BAD enough but the next segment is about a girl who gets away because she FOUGHT BACK!
    Talk about shoving more shame and self-BLAME on these past victims, further sending the message that these two kidnapped women must have brought this on themselves, and that something must be wrong with them for not fighting back. These women did what ever they thought they needed to do in order to survive, and MAY GOD BLESS THEM FOR IT!

This SHOW totally EXPLOITED, and re-victimized these two women & was a disgrace. Please realize these women did nothing to deserve what happened to them. The police didn't take the young woman seriously because she had a past history of substance abuse. Sounds like some of the others did too. No one deserves to be raped OPRAH, no matter what condition they were in or lifestyle they may be involved in. They did not need to learn any lessons, don't you think being held in a dudgeon and RAPED DAILY is a so called lesson enough? Oprah, I think you OWE these two women, and all the survivors out there that may have been drunk or high or involved in substance when they were raped one BIG apology.

Xenubarb, so your reference to this PHONY BITCH is more then fitting!
  28. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Also, Oprah is responsible for bringing two quacks on TV too: "Doctor" Phil and "Doctor" Oz.

Note: Pill Phil now has his son or sons whoring on TV with their show "Doctors"... Yeah that is all we need: A show that feeds more hypochondriacs information.

I do agree with you: Oprah loves to stir the shit pot when she gets a chance. Sadly, I don't think she realizes she does that.

Lets face it: Oprah has brought to light a lot of things and has given woman's rights a serious boost into the spotlight, However, she isn't perfect and you are right by stating she does exploit in order to boost her ratings. I agree that it is uncalled for and she needs to realize that by doing shit like this she is doing more harm than good to herself and to others.
  29. Re: Travolta to appear on Oprah from Australia

*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*

Oh I'm sorry you were trying to make a point about one celebutard that likes to exploit other celebutards in order to sell TV ads and books?

Nevermind

*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*
  30. Rockyj Member

Thank you for your validation. Oprah did more damage then good for victims of rape in this show. She led audience to believe that these women must have deserved to be rape because of their lifestyle. Yes she has been opened about her sexual abuse as a child but she fails to accept that how this trauma has had a negative impact on her life. Is she married? Did she have children? Does she know what its like to raise a family? Be a mother? Why does she have a problem controlling her weight? I am not saying that a women who chooses not to marry or have children is abnormal, but she has never really explained her choices in life when its a known fact that survivors of sexual violence & abuse more often have these same kind of issues. Sadly, survivors of childhood sexual abuse are more likely to become victims of rape in their young adult lives & victims of domestic violence. Yes she is human & in respect, all survivors have their own way of working through these issues BUT with all the knowledge, research & information out there today OPRAH has FAILED to provide this very important information to her primarily female audience.
  31. tippytoe Member

She hasn't yet encountered a pseudo-science that she hasn't endorsed or promoted. I don't think she is dumb as others have said, but she has the curse of most extremely rich celebrities - superficiality and narcissism.

There are simply so many layers between her and real people, real responsibility, and real effort to learn that there is nothing but a twin layer of superficiality and narcissism between herself and how she interacts with the world.
  32. Rockyj Member

Best observation! Sadly, as a former fan the majority of her audience doesn't have clue. Glad she will be soon be off the air.
  33. Anonymous Member

Nah, she just gets 10% (kidding). She's not superficial or narcissistic. She gets paid. Either through viewers or a direct cut. It really is that simple.
  34. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately, she will be producing other television shows in place of her talkshow, not to mention getting her own TV channel: OWN. Wiki: Oprah Winfrey Network. She'll have a wider platform in which to spread her opinions and crazy ideas.
  35. Rockyj Member

OHHHHHHHHHH...SHIT!
  36. Anonymous Member

totally agree. I've never been an Oprah fan precisely because of this kind of crap and I don't excuse any of it. In her case, however, I was just making the point that she has affected an enormous amount of real humanitarian on the ground help but especially has inspired many others to do the same, so in my estimation it's at least 80% good against a 20% bad and I just can't ignore that.

On the other hand, I look at someone like Travolta, and can look at maybe 20% he does for others outside Sci (which is rare) against the major 80% he does for Sci and I say, no, I can't support him in any way shape or form or even say a good word about him anymore. That's the difference.

I've never found a person with power and money who I could support 100% in everything they did, believed or supported. Matter of balance, I guess.
  37. exOT8Michael Member

Trip for 300 to Australia.

Program:

In flight movie : Battlefield Earth
    In flight food: Rice and beans
    In flight magazine: The Way to Happiness, and Personality test.

Group visit to Sydney Org.

With J.T. in the thick of this mix there is NO WAY Scientology is not going to exploit the hell out of it IMHO.
  38. Anonymous Member

Airplane: DC-8
    Hidden under the seats of the lucky guests: E-meters.
    Landing at: Volcano.
  39. Anonymous Member

Many of the 300 happy audience members won't be smiling at tax time when they're required to list the fair market value of the 10-day trip ($6000+) as taxable income.

Winners of any TV show prizes have to sign disclosure forms with their social security numbers & 1099s accepting full responsibility for taxes. Plus, the IRS monitors these winners like hawks.

Remember when Oprah gave away the free cars to her audience? Each winner was slammed with a $7,000 tax bill that had to be paid in advance or forfeit the car. Reports say that 75% of the audience forfeited the car.

Thanks, Oprah.

Winners of Oprah car give-away must pay up to $7,000 tax - Sep. 22, 2004
  40. Anonymous Member

I don't see any Scilon connections with her, her husband or her sister-in-law.

Linda Kinnell | Facebook

Karing For Karim | Facebook

Oprah features orphanage on show built by Albertan