Customize

Travolta visits Argentina to buy land

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Anonymous, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Travolta visits Argentina to buy land

Beware of celebrity Scientologist John Travolta with plans to purchase land in Argentina. If he is now an EX-scientologist, then welcome him. If he remains a scientologist, then make sure everyone knows it, and knows how awful scientology is.

google: Visita John Travolta Argentina

2. Re: Travolta visits Argentina to buy land

Travolta an EX? Is there some possibilty of Travolta escaping this theta-trap? Now that would be a story.
  3. bananamous Member

Re: Travolta visits Argentina to buy land

Scientologists already fleeing to Argentina? Sounds like the downfall.
  4. LRonAnon Member

Somewhere that DM can flee to?
  5. LocalSP Member

Extradition status of Argentina?
  6. tofuman Member

Sounds like the scilons might be trying to start their own Jones Town.
  7. sock Member

Or a celeb buying cheap land in a relativley stable South American country.
  8. Shinythings Member

Argentinian anons, protest Travolta?
  9. TypingChimp Member

The United States' extradition treaty with Argentina took effect on 2000-06-15 in ISO 8601 notation.
  10. Anonymous Member

Well, members of the Third Reich facing imprisonment went to Argentina before Jamestown..
  11. marlysfan Member

That was the first thing that came to mind when I read it.
  12. RightOn Member

This interests me .

Many scenarios milling around my brain.
    Is he leaving COS?.... don't think so... I think he is too brainwashed..but maybe Jett's death did a number on him.
    Actually....
    I can't decide wether he is beyond brainwashed or just staying in COS because they have so much"poop" on him, and they can blackmail him.

Eh! too little info on this story .... will have to wait
  13. Herro Member

In b4 rampant wild speculation.
  14. Lizzy0lizzard Member

Hi Anons

I've just seen this thread. Sorry for not participating earlier.

I live in Argentina and let me tell you that Travolta's visit was not made public, in a large scale.

Unfortunately our country sells its lands to any who comes and "shows the money" to the right people.
    This is an issue that has our society divided.

Because we are used to this and we are having lots of political problems, people do not care who comes, when and what they do, very few people actually know that Travolta came to Argentina to buy lands.

This is an EPIC FAIL, since we were not able to raise any interest about this in Argentina.

It's really disturbing when your people, fellow Argentinians, don't care about this.
    They don't think Scientology is a threat. And Scientologists know how to "reward" the people who pull the strings.

Our goal is to find who are currently helping Scientology in Argentina and expose THEM.

We are searching... scanning... not easy, but we will bring Scientology down here too, their fall will be of global scale!

Liz
  15. Anonymous Member

GOOD LUCK
  16. Lizzy0lizzard Member

Thanks!

We are not giving up.

Liz
  17. Tenebrous Member

Wow, another thread that slowly injects moar aids into chanology. Travolta might be buying a house in argentina so what's the next logical conclusion that we can come to? It's the new jonestown!!!

Then there's this asshole...

This is clearly discrimination against a belief system. The simple reason is the statement shows that whether or not you should treat john travolta well hinges on one singular fact: whether or not he's a scientologist. Is he a nice guy? Is he an ignorant child murderer as some on this site say? Doesn't matter. Scilon status determines all.

If some of you want to convince scientologists to blow and be welcomed to the sane, humane masses then you have a piss poor way of going about it.
  18. JohnnyRUClear Member

Scientology is like a vampire, and those under its spell should be treated accordingly.

Discuss.
  19. Tenebrous Member

There ya go.
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

Irrationality means operating without reason. My postulate is backed by plenty of reason, so there I don't go.
  21. none given Member

An active scientologist is contributing to the inhumane and criminal actions of the cult. Freezoners have an almost indistinguishable belief system and I do not care if they audit each other till their cans fall off.

It’s not about beliefs; it’s about criminal practices and policies. I
    I thought that was settled a year ago.
  22. Tenebrous Member

So what are the illegal activities that john travolta has contributed to?

For that matter, what crimes are most of the scientologists in an org toiling away on daily?

Is scientology a big bullshit scam? Sure, but it's a willing one. It's not logically consistent to say they're good people so long as they leave, but then as long as they're in we need to grab the torches because they're all monsters. Who a person is does not hinge on one singular belief.
  23. mojo Member

the extradition parameters are very specific. the financial crimes seem to be limited to public officials and public monies.

Extradition Convention Between the United States and Argentina; September 26, 1896

.....Extradition will be granted for the following crimes and offenses.

1. Homicide (comprehending assassination, parricide, poisoning, infanticide, manslaughter, when voluntary), or the attempt to commit any of these crimes.

2. Arson.

3. Burglary, house-breaking, shop-breaking, robbery committed with violence, actual, attempted or threatened. Larceny of property of the value of two hundred dollars, or upwards.

4. Forgery, or the utterance of forged papers; the forgery of official acts of government, of public authorities, or of courts of justice, or the utterance of the thing forged or falsified.

5. The counterfeiting, or falsifying of money, whether coin or paper, or of instruments of debt created by national, State, provincial or municipal Governments, or of coupons thereof, or of bank notes, or the utterance or circulation of these; the counterfeiting, falsifying or altering of seals of State.

6. Embezzlement of public moneys, committed within the jurisdiction of either of the high contracting parties by public functionaries or depositaries; embezzlement committed by one or more persons, hired or salaried, to the detriment of their employers or principals; where in either class of cases the embezzlement exceeds the sum of two hundred dollars.

7. Fraud, or breach of trust, committed by a bailee, banker, agent, factor, trustee, director, member or public officer of any company, when such act is punishable by the laws of both contracting parties, and the amount of money or the value of the property misappropriated is not less than two hundred dollars.

8. Perjury, or subornation of perjury.

9. Rape, abduction, kidnapping and child-stealing.

10. Any act, committed with criminal intent, the object of which is to endanger the safety of any person travelling or being upon a railway.

11. Crimes and offenses committed at sea:

(a) Piracy by the law of nations.

(b) Revolt, or conspiracy to revolt, by two or more persons on board a ship on the high seas against the authorities of the ship.

(c) Wrongfully sinking or destroying a ship at sea, or attempting to do so.

(d) Assaults on board a ship at sea with intent to do serious bodily harm.

12. Trading in slaves when the offense is declared criminal by the laws of both countries.

In all cases the extradition of agents, participants or cooperators in any of the crimes or offenses enumerated herein, or attempts thereof, will be granted when the punishment fixed for the crime or offense is greater than one year's imprisonment.
  24. anonymous1312 Member

Yeah, the statement was perhaps simplistic but the warning that JT may be using his celebrity status to open doors for the cult in Argentina is a valid one.

As to the treatment of the guy, I believe JT is partly responsible for Jett's death because he refused to acknowledge his son's condition because of his beliefs and so denied him proper care and treatment; although I am not aware that Jett was particularly unhappy. As a result I don't particularly care for the man.

However John Travolta would almost certainly have to acknowledge at least to himself his guilt with respect to his sons' death were he to renounce scientology. Were he to renounce it and in doing so showed remorse for his part in his sons' death then I would feel sympathy for him.

As to encouraging other members to leave what else can we do other than make statements like we would welcome them with open arms if they left? We can't stop protesting and the only way to counter the pull of celebrity scientologists is to protest them too.
  25. anonymous1312 Member

Not quite true, the point has been made else where that most scientologists are victims of the organisation calling itself the church of scientology. Indeed many are good people in so much as they are sincere in "wanting to make a difference" and truly believe what they have been told to do by the cult is "the only way to make a difference" rather than simply recruiting more members and creating more victims.

John Travolta is a celebrity scientologist, his celebrity status can open doors - especially in countries where the US dollar is a good lubricant. Perhaps unwittingly he can be responsible for the organisation spreading widely in Argentina and so be in part responsible for all the harm they cause.
  26. Anonymous Member

I disagree with this scientologist/troll.

I would call someone an ex-scientologist one who has left the Church of Scientology. I wouldn't care if they wanted to continue to believe in "scientology the subject" or not. The freezone is such a small percentage of those leaving the Church of Scientology as to be insignificant statistically.

One could argue the point that an ex-scientologist means "rejection of the subject" or "rejection of the organization", but it's clear to me that what the OP intended was the latter. After all, one cannot see what's in Travolta's mind, but one can see Travolta's acts. It would be easier to establish that someone has left the Church of Scientology, but quite difficult (without conversing with the individual) to discover if they had rejected the subject.

Most people first reject the organization and then later reject the subject. Those who never reject the subject are those we call "freezoners". Even the freezoners don't go around calling themselves "scientologists" (except in their small circles). I guess they don't want anyone to think they are with the Church of Scientology. Maybe they should coin the word "Hubbardists" to distinguish themselves from the "Scientologists".
  27. Tenebrous Member

I think that religions or pseudoreligions spread because they "speak" to a part of the person studying it. There's something in it that they feel is relevant to their everyday lives.

I honestly think that scientology doesn't hold that widespread appeal, like many other faiths have. In our scientific age it's getting harder and harder to spring up with something that doesn't have thousands of years of tradition bolstering it. Furthermore, it holds a fringe theory on psychiatry that would repel many potential buyers.

That's a bit off topic however. To me this story just say that a man is buying a house in argentina. I doubt that he's thinking about it so he can do anything other than have a private place to stay out of the US spotlight. Honestly, he's not an A list star anymore, and I imagine that abroad that'd be even more true. Do I have evidence for that? No, but I haven't seen anything posted that suggests anything more than a mundane reason for him considering this move.

*Oh, and to the above poster; Remove the tinfoil. If everyone who gets called OSA by those of you in the tinfoil brigade really were part of scientology the CoS would number in the billions.*
  28. Relyt Member

Why do news articles about Travolta always say "Still mourning the death of his son" when referring to Travolta? Do they ask him if he's still mourning before doing a story on him, just to make sure he hasn't forgotten to mourn? Or is it a part of a press release to make sure the public doesn't think that John isn't mourning?
  29. Ogsonofgroo Member

Gut reaction to this basically wtf/who cares shite is this> If SA was good enough fer the old Nazis to run to an' hide, then its good enough fer Co$ shills. Probably just JT hedging his bets, and/or buying on behalf of Co$ management for a nice little place to go live out their (shallow pathetic) lives once the shit really hits the fan. Hell, buy off a bunch of politicos, has army to protect, slave labour forces readily available, what could be nicer?

o-o

oi.

Are they all preparing for fail? Moar liekly than you think imho.

:)
  30. Herro Member

No it's not. It's backed by the irrational assumption that all scientologists are bad people because some scientologists are bad people.

+100
  31. JMBrandon Member

Christ on a bike, guys...
    How do we know Travolta is gonna buy this property for scientology purposes?
    Who knows, maybe he wants to move to a quiet place and get away from it all where scientology won't follow him.... could that be a possibility?
    Maybe he's sick of it and just wants to get away?
  32. Anon1260 Member

What's wrong with "discrimination against a belief system"?

33. ZeLyt Member

Can't we all just agree that Travolta should stay out of other countries based soley on the fact that he made Battlefield Earth a movie?
  34. JohnnyRUClear Member

Not at all, but it's OT ITT anyway so I'll just GTFO for now.
  35. Snake Member

He's probably down there looking for hawt latin boiz!
  36. Ogsonofgroo Member

If it wasn't translated into Spanish (?) then maybe he feels safe there?

XP (Nah, even without a soundtrack any fool can see its a piece of gloop)

oi.
  37. Yoni Alter Member

Wait, I saw this movie. He's trying to control the water supply. Bond'll figure it out soon, blow up the complex he's staying in to meet with leaders he's going to help take over the government, and leave him for dead in the desert.

Right?
  38. Skeptic1337 Member

^^^^^^^^^^^
  39. Herro Member

it's an irrational hostility towards a whole group of diverse people. basically it's a holdover from our evolutionary drive to fear the unknown or, in this case, the Other.

Basically it's a backwards way of thinking.
  40. Olrik Member

A belief system (bs) is just a set of abstractions (words are abstraction, since the word dog doesn't byte) supposed to 'explain' the world and providing help to live in it.
    Most bs are 'always wrong' because words used to explain reality are NOT the reality, just like a photo is not the object photographed. A completely blurry photo can be dismissed for being completely useless. Same with a bs.

The number of people sharing the same bs doesn't mean that this system is more or less <place judgmental qualifier here> than the others. A bs devised to help you living in deep Amazonia is likely to be relatively useless in Montreal or Delhi.

One can 'discriminate' a belief system (without irrationality), meaning that one can consider it as useless in term of adaptation, understanding of evolution, whatever.

Plus, do not confuse a human being with his/her belief system. Saying that Amazonian bs is ... useless (i.e. discriminate it) is HELPING the Amazonian person when she comes to Montreal... while at the same time is extremely usefull when meeting crocodiles on the River.

But maybe we do not share this definition of a belief system.