Customize

Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Sponge, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sponge Member

TMZ Sep 19th 2009
    Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case | TMZ.com

2. JMBrandon Member

Re: Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

I.... don't get it...
    why would someone threaten to go public with a document to authorize paramedics to take someone to a hospital...?
    Isn't that what they do?
  3. Sponge Member

There are two possible issues which could have led someone to think that certain information would be potentially damaging to Travolta and that he might pay to keep it quiet.

1) Travolta initially didn't want Jett to be treated locally. He wanted to fly him out to Flordia. Paramedics, concerned by this, asked for a waiver to be signed absolving them of responsibility if Travolta went ahead. Travolota relented and he was taken to a local hostpital. All this wasting of valuable time as Jett dies. Possible repercussions for JT or at least embarassment?

2) In the police statement, leaked later (after the extortion plot was revealed and perps charged) we find that Travolota stated to cops that Jett suffered from Autism. Very embarassing for JT both as a scientologist and as someone who kept stating publically that it wasn't autism but Kawasaki Syndrome.
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

AFAIR, the situation was the following, as mentioned in JT's affidavit. JT signed a document discharging the rescue team of all responsability for not driving Jeff to the hospital. At that moment, he intended to use the resort's airplane to fly Jeff to Florida. A few minutes later, he changed his mind, due to practical constraints.

EDIT: What Sponge said, taking into account that:
    - It is not clear when Jeff physically died; legally, he was declared dead at his arrival at the hospital.
    - I doubt autism was mentioned in the discharge document.
  5. fitch2000 Member

Supposedly John told the paramedics that Jett had autism. But John isn't allowed to believe Autism exists.
  6. Ann O'Nymous Member

Never heard of this one.
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

I would like the judge asking the Travoltas about the risks they took in regard of Jeff's condition, but I doubt it.
  8. Sponge Member

Autism was mentioned in the POLICE statement, leaked all over the press in June. No idea if that is related to te extortion attempt.

Also, I would imaigine that since Jett was being administered CPR all the way to the hospital he wouldn't have been pronounced dead until after he got there (whether he was clinically dead before then).

3617878108_a0c28e080a_o.jpg

3617058169_bced48c9bb_o.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

Still never understood why it took that long to file the report. Report is dated 2/25/2009.
  10. Re: Travolta Will Testify in Extortion Case

Pity the Travolta's aren't being "outraged" at being charged for child neglect and endangerment...
  11. fitch2000 Member

Really? It was the least tin foily one I heard lol.

I heard about a lot of plane activity happening at the time and oooh were was he, where was Travolta.

I heard Travolta wanted to fly him back to Clearwater and maybe did. lmao, I heard (or read rather)
    them all. Lots of speculation on this one. I even heard the word sauna, and blocked out the rest......

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
  12. fitch2000 Member

Same reason Suri's birth cert was filed so late. They had to think up their stories first. 0.o
  13. Ann O'Nymous Member

Lots of speculation on this one, indeed. Care to segregate them from facts ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.